Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,378 members, 7,808,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) (28450 Views)

Koronu Ibadan Where People Don't Think (Video, Photos) / A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return / A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) by okenwaa(m): 11:23am On Sep 09, 2017
What's amazing about ds ur trip nw??
Re: A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) by SenorFax(m): 11:27am On Sep 09, 2017
SHTFguy:
Tinubu will soon come and chase them out of their land
am here for ppl like you

Re: A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) by Martinmania(m): 11:27am On Sep 09, 2017
nkwuocha1:
Pathetic.
Places like this requires quick development as I'm certain the rate of skull mining will be alarming, owing to how under developed and ancient the village is.A good base for demonic and head cutting cum liver and kidney mining ritualists.
Throw me into this "den" at 6 pm and watch me cry like a bittch all through. I'd be looking around suspecting everyone, having it at the back of my sorry head ,that it can just be hacked off at any time.

Baba I've stayed in badagry almost 8years and I've only heard of one ritual killing... hope you can say same about your village?

4 Likes

Re: A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) by nkwuocha1: 11:28am On Sep 09, 2017
letusbepieces:

The biggots have hide my advice quick. I no mention any tribe, just gave an Ikorodu warning alert.

It may look serene but i dare u to go there, u wont leave to tell the story.

Beware of Skull miners...

grin
Re: A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) by AFONJACOW(m): 11:28am On Sep 09, 2017
this AFONJA Op see your mouth... you want people to come and develop this Exampler of backwardness, later you will know its somebody land... AFONJAS should come and develop there land...

1 Like

Re: A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) by carzola(m): 11:29am On Sep 09, 2017
wasted my mb..
Re: A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) by nkwuocha1: 11:29am On Sep 09, 2017
Martinmania:

Baba I've stayed in badagry almost 8years and I've only heard of one ritual killing... hope you can say same about your village?

Big lie!
Badagry and ikorodu is den for all manner of barbaric ritualists.

1 Like

Re: A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) by Martinmania(m): 11:30am On Sep 09, 2017
nkwuocha1:

Big lie! Badagry and ikorodu is den for all manner of barbaric ritualists.
where are you from again??
Re: A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) by nkwuocha1: 11:33am On Sep 09, 2017
Martinmania:

where are you from again??

Why do you wanna know?

See,from Agbara down to badagry have several dens for ritualists and kidnapping.

1 Like

Re: A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) by AFONJACOW(m): 11:34am On Sep 09, 2017
deturla:

Thanks bro, only if lalasticlala and seun can help push to FP.

People in the Gberefu Island needs help! The more media attention they get, the better for these guys.
which help do they need ?? u want Igbo's to come and develop and invest as they do in Lagos mainland, later you will realise its somebody land, u go pest ejecting notice everywhere Yoruba's should come and develop their land... Ndi Ala

1 Like

Re: A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) by nkwuocha1: 11:40am On Sep 09, 2017
AFONJACOW:
which help do they need ?? u want Igbo's to come and develop and invest as they do in Lagos mainland, later you will realise its somebody land, u go pest ejecting notice everywhere Yoruba's should come and develop their land... Ndi Ala

Don't mind the ingrates. Let me see how soon it will be developed. Ibeju lekki that used to be a dumping site for refuge is now hot cake.Just the way igbos are buying lands all over agbara,oke agbo,badagry,and developing those areas.

Many of those aforementioned areas never use to have transformers talk more of light.Its after several igbos after completion of their houses, will put their heads together with greedy baales to enable electricity come into the areas.

1 Like

Re: A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) by banmee(m): 11:41am On Sep 09, 2017
Outofsync:
Lovely...

?
Re: A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 09, 2017
Thanks for the job. Lagos has hundreds of those villages located on her numerous islands . From Epe to Seme, you can count over 100 of those villages. In Apapa you have Igboologun & other villages. Nigerdock is on the island beside Igboologun.

I think real development will get to Badagry when the reconstruction of Mile2 to Seme is completed. Also in the area we have the Hyundai led consortium Deep Sea Ship Repair project, Intel logistics Deep Sea port project & Aje Oilfield at the Offshore. With the Deep Sea port & repair yard, a major international market is bound to be established in this area. The next phase of Aje gas project will also lift this area. All these will take some years. The major headache is the reconstruction of this road.

All the villages along the ocean look alike until infrastructure is developed the people there cannot feel the impact of governance. In future, 5 star hotels will be in those area & lot of tourism activities.

1 Like

Re: A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) by Banter1(m): 11:44am On Sep 09, 2017
Wisebisho:
12:30pm
thanks and stay blessed
Re: A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) by Banter1(m): 11:47am On Sep 09, 2017
muller101:
midnight
lol....you go wait tire.
Re: A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) by AFONJACOW(m): 11:49am On Sep 09, 2017
nkwuocha1:

Don't mind the ingrates. Let me see how soon it will be developed. Ibeju lekki that used to be a dumping site for refuge is now hot cake.Just the way igbos are buying lands all over agbara,oke agbo,badagry,and developing those areas.

Many of those aforementioned areas never use to have transformers talk more of light.Its after several igbos after completion of their houses, will put their heads together with greedy baales to enable electricity come into the areas.
they should come and develop their land, we are wiser now, we turned oladipo from swampy dumping ground to cow cash international automobile market but what did we got at the end ejection... Yoruba's should come and develop their land shikina

2 Likes

Re: A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) by Banter1(m): 11:51am On Sep 09, 2017
digoster:
18:30
really? Are you sure is not 13:30? Na reply you wan watch? Abi na Man utd you wan watch? You must be a RedDevil
Re: A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) by Diderot001: 11:57am On Sep 09, 2017
One thing about badagry and it environs is that the place is too fetish for my liking.
Re: A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 11:58am On Sep 09, 2017
AFONJACOW:
they should come and develop their land, we are wiser now, we turned oladipo from swampy dumping ground to cow cash international automobile market but what did we got at the end ejection... Yoruba's should come and develop their land shikina

You are talking trash. You came to Lagos with nothing. Even Sir Louis came to Lagos from Nnewi as a village then as a pauper. He made his money & fame in Lagos. If you are ejected & given a quit notice you will return as you came.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) by Dapsonemmanuel(m): 12:05pm On Sep 09, 2017
nkwuocha1:
Pathetic.
Places like this requires quick development as I'm certain the rate of skull mining will be alarming, owing to how under developed and ancient the village is.A good base for demonic and head cutting cum liver and kidney mining ritualists.
Throw me into this "den" at 6 pm and watch me cry like a bittch all through. I'd be looking around suspecting everyone, having it at the back of my sorry head ,that it can just be hacked off at any time.
thissame here mann .. ypur write up is damn funny

2 Likes

Re: A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) by ipobarecriminals: 12:07pm On Sep 09, 2017
Been there in the late 80s.
Re: A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) by AFONJACOW(m): 12:24pm On Sep 09, 2017
babaolofin:

You are talking trash. You came to Lagos with nothing. Even Sir Louis came to Lagos from Nnewi as a village then as a pauper. He made his money & fame in Lagos. If you are ejected & given a quit notice you will return as you came.
stop sounding like a coward and stop advising online.. this is time to develop your village , very shameful a village champion Luis came all the way from Nnewi and bought all the lands from ur hungry ancestors

1 Like

Re: A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) by Great4God: 12:31pm On Sep 09, 2017
nkwuocha1:
Pathetic.

I cant help but to laugh

1 Like

Re: A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) by akigbemaru: 12:44pm On Sep 09, 2017
deturla:
What will be the joy in this life if we do not seek out people in obscure locations to check out how they live and how we can impact them positively.

I continued my lifelens trip with my journey to Badagry, Lagos State.

We all know Badagry as that location (based on history) where the slave trade happened.

The Lifelens documentary is not really about telling stories about the history of Badagry town, but forging out a narrative of the people living on the other side of the River, the Island of Gberefun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNMem9K0b40

In a Village that houses fishermen and other artisans, Gberefun is indeed a haven when it comes to fishing, and this is evident by the domination of the community by fisherman.

As expected we paid a visit to the Palace of the Oba Akran of Gbadagry where we learned about the history of Badagry. Founded around 1425 AD, people lived along the coast of Gberefun, (where we went to). Gberefu Village is an island few minutes away from Badagry, 2 hours from Lagos and 30 minutes from Benin Republic.

http://deedeesblog.com/documentary-trip-to-gberefun-village-badagry-lagos-state/

Re: A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 09, 2017
AFONJACOW:
stop sounding like a coward and stop advising online.. this is time to develop your village , very shameful a village champion Luis came all the way from Nnewi and bought all the lands from ur hungry ancestors

Your people are the greatest cowards & ingrates. If your land is blessed why didn't you stay in your land & develop it instead of complaining of being disenfranchised of voting for a candidate of your choice, complaining of arresting the person that gave you quit notice or revocation of your market land.

How many of those estates along Lekki axis belong to your people. The infrastructural developments that attracted investment were they put in place by your brothers ? Warn your brothers not to buy land because their properties will be thrown to ocean.

We are talking of an island village in a city with large number of villages on the island, you are bringing the bitterness of revocation of Trade Fair complex concession to play. The road project to Ghana (linking the route to Ivory Coast & the proposed Senegal - Lagos road) the deep sea project, Deep Sea Vessel repair yard & the Aje oilfield & the future Airport & international market that will explode the area are they your brothers projects.

We don't need you people again.

4 Likes

Re: A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) by AFONJACOW(m): 1:29pm On Sep 09, 2017
babaolofin:

Your people are the greatest cowards & ingrates. If your land is blessed why didn't you stay in your land & develop it instead of complaining of being disenfranchised of voting for a candidate of your choice, complaining of arresting the person that gave you quit notice or revocation of your market land.

How many of those estates along Lekki axis belong to your people. The infrastructural developments that attracted investment were they put in place by your brothers ? Warn your brothers not to buy land because their properties will be thrown to ocean.

We are talking of an island village in a city with large number of villages on the island, you are bringing the bitterness of revocation of Trade Fair complex concession to play. The road project to Ghana (linking the route to Ivory Coast & the proposed Senegal - Lagos road) the deep sea project, Deep Sea Vessel repair yard & the Aje oilfield & the future Airport & international market that will explode the area are they your brothers projects.

We don't need you people again.

just close mouth and go back from that cave you crawl out from

1 Like

Re: A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) by checkolatunji: 1:32pm On Sep 09, 2017
Martinmania:
1. it doesn't take 8mims to get to the island... kilodeh?
2. you didn't say they have a chief who sells beach sand and I don't know what he does with the money (my uncle tho)
3. the whole of badagry need good drinkable water... the people on the mainland actually get water from on filling station close to badagry grammar school... or a well at the police barracks which they consider clean
I'm a native of badagry... Ganho to be precise
good job anyways!!

Don't mind the Op, the Op is a terrible liar. There's no slum in Gberefu
Re: A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) by heffem(m): 2:15pm On Sep 09, 2017
You can call the place "a point of no return"... there is nothing like slum in there ...except for the fact that you can only get there through ferrying

1 Like

Re: A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) by Kassidy90(m): 3:08pm On Sep 09, 2017
I've gone to that place twice for embalming...
Re: A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) by musicwriter(m): 3:16pm On Sep 09, 2017
@deturla

Thanks for the video.

We all know Badagry as that location (based on history) where the slave trade happened.

But, note there were no slave trade in Africa!. The so called slave trade was going on in the Americas and USA and all the other settlements where Europeans had plantations. Slave trade happened when Europeans bought and sold slaves among themselves, that's why they called it slave trade. It did not happen in Africa. Yes, you said based on history we were told slave trade happened here; but on who's account of history?

History was written and some erased while we were still in slavery. By the time we came out of slavery we've been schooled to take the blame for their crimes.

Slaves were acquired by acts of war, coercion, fraud, intimidation. Between 1700-1800, the whole of Africa was at war fighting off white people or fighting among ourselves to defend them. Today, those running from the wars would've been called refugees. But, in those days, a refugee was automatically a slave!.

If we bought and sold slaves in Africa; don't you think we would have also become wealthy? What part of Africa was developing during slavery?

In Britain, France, USA, you could still trace families that traded in slaves, their record of ships and family names are still there. What family in Africa is known to have been a slave trading family? NONE.

Slave trade began in Europe in medieval times, and its what they brought along to us to Africa when they came here. I don't know how I could get the African people understand this. And there's nobody to help me. Everybody has already bought white man's version of history, hook, line and sinker.

Slave trade in America.

Africans for sale is America - That's why it is called slave trade.

Africans (from Ghana) for sale is America - That's why it is called slave trade.

White man places order to buy fresh arrivals from Africa - That's why it is called slave trade.

White man advertises Africans ( from Sierra Leone) for sale in America- That's why it is called slave trade.

Their age range suggests African young population was wipe out leaving old people. There was no way development could occur under such circumstance.

And they paid cash. Those who said slave trade was going in Africa should let me know what currency and at what amount they were being sold here. By the way, by 1840, at the height of the slavery, they were fooling themselves that slavery had been abolished. Of course, it was only abolished on paper. Britain continued shipping Africans well in into 1900, until all the war they caused died out and the refugee crises lessened.

See the true history of slavery and slave acquisition in Africa www.africason.com/2016/03/the-true-history-of-slavery-and-slave.html

1 Like

Re: A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) by pauljumbo: 4:57pm On Sep 09, 2017
deturla:

Thanks bro, only if lalasticlala and seun can help push to FP.

People in the Gberefu Island needs help! The more media attention they get, the better for these guys.

I love this

Am in badagry at the moment

Would have love to go with you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Rapper Died Of Shock In UK, Post Mortem Shows (Pictured) / How Are Local Flights Boarded In Nigeria? / Multiple Accident At Ile Zik Bus Stop, Ikeja, Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.