Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

An Ibo Call Jaja Opobo became King Opobo(ikot Abasi) Ibibio control akwa ibom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Ibo Call Jaja Opobo became King Opobo(ikot Abasi) Ibibio control akwa ibom (9030 Views)

Jaja Wachuku Sleeping At A UN Meeting In New York (Photo) / How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? / Obasanjo lied about his true Origin .He Is An Ibo Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Ibo Call Jaja Opobo became King Opobo(ikot Abasi) Ibibio control akwa ibom by becomricch: 4:50pm On Feb 24, 2010
An Igbo boy call Jaja of opobo became king of Opobo , former name of opobo is ikot Abasi.

the town of Opobo former name was ikot Abasi. according to old record is an igbo boy who was a slave . read old book on google books and read Cyprian Ekwensi book on jaja of opobo.

And there are two town which bear the same name opobo.  And the river state deputy governor is from around that part of the state. And they call God Abasi. which is similar to akwa ibom state. I do not get why some people are making false claim of ijaw in akwa ibom. state. here is the satellite pictures.  you can see eket ikoi abasi and other been close to the coast,  where is the community. non.

if you zoom into akwa ibom. all the small community are akwa ibom names.

Re: An Ibo Call Jaja Opobo became King Opobo(ikot Abasi) Ibibio control akwa ibom by becomricch: 5:19pm On Feb 24, 2010
i watch Ait, and someone was making claim that they are ijaw in akwa ibom. there are no ijaw in akwa ibom. check satellite pictures. even in river state, there are very few kalabari town in river state. and they are so small.
Re: An Ibo Call Jaja Opobo became King Opobo(ikot Abasi) Ibibio control akwa ibom by becomricch: 5:23pm On Feb 24, 2010
this is kalabari land. you can see for your self.

Re: An Ibo Call Jaja Opobo became King Opobo(ikot Abasi) Ibibio control akwa ibom by Afam(m): 5:34pm On Feb 24, 2010
The return of mapomeji himself!
Re: An Ibo Call Jaja Opobo became King Opobo(ikot Abasi) Ibibio control akwa ibom by xcolanto(m): 5:37pm On Feb 24, 2010
becomricch! where is your source on this slave boy u claim to have become king of opobo?? undecided and what other town bears the name opobo?
Re: An Ibo Call Jaja Opobo became King Opobo(ikot Abasi) Ibibio control akwa ibom by becomricch: 5:39pm On Feb 24, 2010
if you compare port harhourt to kalabari land. you can see that there is no way the kalabari would ever be governor of the state.   you see have omoku and other ikwerri areas. which are bigger than buguma and degema.

This is why I am saying relocation of any ijaw town is possible. And there are so small that accomodation would not be a problem. if any there have less than 100 houses. So the kalabari do not stand any chance in river state. even with the support of ogoni. there do not stand a chance.

Re: An Ibo Call Jaja Opobo became King Opobo(ikot Abasi) Ibibio control akwa ibom by becomricch: 5:45pm On Feb 24, 2010
compare this to Omoku all at the same scale. which is ikwerri land. while the second picture is ogoni land. So you can see that ogoni land is very small. so Ikwerri people are more than 60% or even 80% of river state. look at the pictures yourself. Kalabari people are less than 5% of population.

Re: An Ibo Call Jaja Opobo became King Opobo(ikot Abasi) Ibibio control akwa ibom by becomricch: 5:48pm On Feb 24, 2010
so when i am saying do this map. i know what everybody is seen over here.

This map already has over 99% of ijaws in Benin republic.

Re: An Ibo Call Jaja Opobo became King Opobo(ikot Abasi) Ibibio control akwa ibom by ojimboIV: 5:54pm On Feb 24, 2010
grin grin grin grin

abeg make i no laff die here today o
Re: An Ibo Call Jaja Opobo became King Opobo(ikot Abasi) Ibibio control akwa ibom by Nobody: 7:40pm On Feb 24, 2010
Oya Oh me sef don tire for this guy sef. I have downloaded at least 700 of your maps. It never do?
Re: An Ibo Call Jaja Opobo became King Opobo(ikot Abasi) Ibibio control akwa ibom by becomricch: 9:24pm On Feb 24, 2010
Jaja of opobo was an Igbo man born in Umuduruoha, his father name is Ozurumba and mother name is Uru from Isu clan of Orlu in imo state

Here are books, written in the 50's and 60's about jaja opobo. one of the book is in german. every record shows he is an igbo man.

Re: An Ibo Call Jaja Opobo became King Opobo(ikot Abasi) Ibibio control akwa ibom by MrCrackles(m): 9:26pm On Feb 24, 2010
becomricch:

Jaja of opobo was an Igbo man born in Umuduruoha, his father name is Ozurumba and mother name is Uru from Isu clan of Orlu in imo state

Here are books, written in the 50's and 60's about jaja opobo. one of the book is in german. every record shows he is an igbo man.
OK. . . Now get lost, you are starting to do my bloody head in! angry
Re: An Ibo Call Jaja Opobo became King Opobo(ikot Abasi) Ibibio control akwa ibom by Afam(m): 9:30pm On Feb 24, 2010
Who is arguing about Jaja of Opobo being an Igbo man?
Re: An Ibo Call Jaja Opobo became King Opobo(ikot Abasi) Ibibio control akwa ibom by dominique(f): 9:47pm On Feb 24, 2010
:-x :-x :-x
Re: An Ibo Call Jaja Opobo became King Opobo(ikot Abasi) Ibibio control akwa ibom by becomricch: 1:44pm On Feb 25, 2010
Afam people have tried to rewrite history making claim that he was not an igboman.

Re: An Ibo Call Jaja Opobo became King Opobo(ikot Abasi) Ibibio control akwa ibom by Afam(m): 1:52pm On Feb 25, 2010
becomricch:

Afam people have tried to rewrite history making claim that he was not an igboman.

Who are these people and where are the claims? Do people really argue against facts?
Re: An Ibo Call Jaja Opobo became King Opobo(ikot Abasi) Ibibio control akwa ibom by slap1(m): 1:57pm On Feb 25, 2010
Where then did they say he came from?
Re: An Ibo Call Jaja Opobo became King Opobo(ikot Abasi) Ibibio control akwa ibom by RichDad1(m): 3:44pm On Feb 25, 2010
slap1:

Where then did they say he came from?
dont mind dem jare
Re: An Ibo Call Jaja Opobo became King Opobo(ikot Abasi) Ibibio control akwa ibom by AndreUweh(m): 7:57pm On Feb 25, 2010
Become.
Omoku is not in Ikwerre Land. The similarity is that they are both Igbo groups in Rivers state.
Re: An Ibo Call Jaja Opobo became King Opobo(ikot Abasi) Ibibio control akwa ibom by ajalio(f): 9:39pm On Feb 25, 2010
@becomericch

The German book that you mention has translated the title "Africa's road to the Present".
Nevertheless, it was never translated into English language. Here Jaja of Opobo is
mentioned only briefly. However, the author Herbert Kaufmann wrote already in 1962
a novel biography about Jaja which was translated into English language and is to be
found still today in Nigeria.

The title of this novel biogrphy is
The King's Crocodile. By Herbert Kaufmann. Methuen. 16s. The Niger Delta is the background
for this powerful story of King Jaja who rose from slavery to political power on the Guinea coast.
He ruled in West African town of Opobo from 1870 - 1887 when he was banished to St. Vincent
in the West Indies after controversial trial held under British auspices.
The book deals with magic, withcraft, slave trading and the ceaseless struggle against domination.
Translated from German by Stella Humphries and delightfully illustrated by Ann Linton.
Re: An Ibo Call Jaja Opobo became King Opobo(ikot Abasi) Ibibio control akwa ibom by becomricch: 5:00am On Feb 26, 2010
So you see, when some uneducated people are shouting Niger delta, ijaw people would end up minority in niger delta. The people shouting are igbos boys who have seen the satellite pictures. They want to show ijaw people wetin them they call pepper.
Re: An Ibo Call Jaja Opobo became King Opobo(ikot Abasi) Ibibio control akwa ibom by EzeUche(m): 6:24am On Feb 26, 2010
At least you can have an accurate picture of Igboland. Your maps are always including parts of Igboland which I will never allow any encroachment into from Yorubas.

Below is a more accurate map. The other side of the Niger River is also part of Igboland.

Re: An Ibo Call Jaja Opobo became King Opobo(ikot Abasi) Ibibio control akwa ibom by becomricch: 6:30am On Feb 26, 2010
this igboland.  so you see why niger delta is not possible.

Re: An Ibo Call Jaja Opobo became King Opobo(ikot Abasi) Ibibio control akwa ibom by EzeUche(m): 6:34am On Feb 26, 2010
Update your map becomerich or suffer my WRATH!!! angry

True Igboland, We will not suffer any encroachment into our land.

Re: An Ibo Call Jaja Opobo became King Opobo(ikot Abasi) Ibibio control akwa ibom by Justcash(m): 8:53am On Feb 26, 2010
Mhen, this becomerich guy sef! grin

The guy sabi book in a very kolo way. grin
Re: An Ibo Call Jaja Opobo became King Opobo(ikot Abasi) Ibibio control akwa ibom by lelele: 3:56pm On Feb 26, 2010
@ Eze Uche

I perceive that you are not too educated, cos I really wanted to comment on some of yr posts on these forum. However your grammar and choice of words betray you as not too educated, but you had better know that I will join issues with you if the content of your posts does not change. To be forewarned ,

Ciao!
Re: An Ibo Call Jaja Opobo became King Opobo(ikot Abasi) Ibibio control akwa ibom by lelele: 4:02pm On Feb 26, 2010
@Justcash
How the guy no go sabi book to u? wen u no kno book, person wey dey neva master tenses, cos him fit copy and paste a few unproven things don becom king. U had better go bak to Naija, stayin Japan doin nothin productive no be am.
Good day!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Niger State Can’t Pay New Minimum Wage - Governor Aliyu / Ibori’s Case: My Conscience Is Clear —justice Awokulehin, Who Cleared Ibori / Senate Summons Fashola, Probes $650m Fraud In Ministry Of Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.