Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

SSANU, NASU Resolve To Embark On Indefinite Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / SSANU, NASU Resolve To Embark On Indefinite Strike (20449 Views)

ASUP Strike : "No Going Back On Indefinite Strike" - Union / SSANU, NASU, NAAT Suspend Industrial Action / SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

SSANU, NASU Resolve To Embark On Indefinite Strike by Hardeysolution(m): 5:45pm On Sep 06, 2017
There appears to be more trouble for Nigeria’s education sector as all the major non-teaching staff unions of Nigerian public universities have resolved to embark on an indefinite strike from September 11.

This is just as the Joint Action Committee (JAC) of Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities (SSANU), Non-Academic Staff Union of Universities (NASU), and the National Association of Academic Technologists (NAAT) held a press conference on Wednesday in Abuja.

Chairman of JAC, who is also the SSANU President, Samson Ugwoke, noted that the nationwide industrial action would be total and comprehensive.

According to him, there will be no provision of services from members of the union during the strike, no matter how skeletal.

Ugwoke said concessions would not be granted while all union members would stay at home until further notice, unless as directed by JAC through their respective presidents.

https://www.channelstv.com/2017/09/06/just-sanuu-nasu-embark-indefinite-strike/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: SSANU, NASU Resolve To Embark On Indefinite Strike by Hardeysolution(m): 5:53pm On Sep 06, 2017
All the major non-teaching staff unions of Nigerian public universities have resolved to embark on an indefinite strike from September 11.
The Joint Action Committee, JAC, of Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities, SSANU; Non-Academic Staff Union of Universities, NASU; and the National Association of Academic Technologists, NAAT, announced the strike on Wednesday.
At a press conference in Abuja, the chairman of JAC who is also the President of SSANU, Samson Ugwoke, explained reasons for their decisions.
Mr. Ugwoke said the nationwide strike would be total and comprehensive.
“During the strike, there shall be no provision of services, no matter how skeletal. Concessions shall not be granted while all our members are to stay at home till further notice, unless as directed by JAC through their respective presidents,” he said.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/242562-breaking-troubles-nigerian-universities-ssanu-nasu-naat-declare-total-indefinite-strike.html

Lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: SSANU, NASU Resolve To Embark On Indefinite Strike by heendrix(m): 6:03pm On Sep 06, 2017
oh "Samson ugwoke"

mtchew give him small change n see him hands off strike angry

8 Likes

Re: SSANU, NASU Resolve To Embark On Indefinite Strike by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 06, 2017
Remaining NANS to go on strike cheesy

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSANU, NASU Resolve To Embark On Indefinite Strike by enemyofprogress: 7:22pm On Sep 06, 2017
Let's go there jo

Nairaland is next,our own strike would start on October 1

Cc seun,lalasticlala,mynd44 and mukina2

9 Likes

Re: SSANU, NASU Resolve To Embark On Indefinite Strike by paulchineduN(m): 7:22pm On Sep 06, 2017
K
Re: SSANU, NASU Resolve To Embark On Indefinite Strike by luvinhubby(m): 7:22pm On Sep 06, 2017
What did this country do to deserve this disaster called Buhari and APC, who did we offend that caused Nigeria to be burdened with such an irresponsible and insensitive government?

ASUU is on strike

Doctors are on strike

Osinbajo just visited Makurdi 2 weeks after flood havoc (Trump did so within 2 days)

NASU and SSANU are just joining the striking strikers.

And Buhari cancelled federal executive council meeting because of Sallah.

Is Nigeria cursed?

71 Likes 9 Shares

Re: SSANU, NASU Resolve To Embark On Indefinite Strike by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 06, 2017
nigeria education is finished

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSANU, NASU Resolve To Embark On Indefinite Strike by Badmanbay(m): 7:23pm On Sep 06, 2017
Church agbasa la finally...

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSANU, NASU Resolve To Embark On Indefinite Strike by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 06, 2017
nigeria education sector is finished

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSANU, NASU Resolve To Embark On Indefinite Strike by kokomaster3d: 7:23pm On Sep 06, 2017
University Lecturers on striker, Doctors on Strike, SSANU on strike, NASU on strike, Senators on Recess. Nigeria just tire person walahi. Make we just pack the government self.

8 Likes

Re: SSANU, NASU Resolve To Embark On Indefinite Strike by paparazy06(m): 7:23pm On Sep 06, 2017
I just pity the lives of the students. I just hope a lasting solution will come out of all this strikes
Re: SSANU, NASU Resolve To Embark On Indefinite Strike by Quality20(m): 7:23pm On Sep 06, 2017
This is nothing but madness

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSANU, NASU Resolve To Embark On Indefinite Strike by ateamblezing(f): 7:24pm On Sep 06, 2017
From frying pan to fire,abeg make i defend my project

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SSANU, NASU Resolve To Embark On Indefinite Strike by stcool(m): 7:24pm On Sep 06, 2017
And Buhari just left Daura in a helicopter today for Abuja.
My question is, work resumed since tuesday across the nation yet a President stayed back until today, even cancelled FEC meeting while the country is in a mess.

Buhari Shame! Buhari Shame!! Buhari Shame!!!

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSANU, NASU Resolve To Embark On Indefinite Strike by eleojo23: 7:24pm On Sep 06, 2017
Oh yeah...welcome to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: SSANU, NASU Resolve To Embark On Indefinite Strike by Carter4luv(m): 7:24pm On Sep 06, 2017
Everything in naija is striking.

2 Likes

Re: SSANU, NASU Resolve To Embark On Indefinite Strike by Shamillionaire(m): 7:25pm On Sep 06, 2017
we enter one chance for naija

1 Like

Re: SSANU, NASU Resolve To Embark On Indefinite Strike by Royalfurnitures: 7:25pm On Sep 06, 2017
Strike,strike everywhere, the poor masses are the victims?

Please check out my signature for quality and durable furniture

2 Likes

Re: SSANU, NASU Resolve To Embark On Indefinite Strike by enemyofprogress: 7:26pm On Sep 06, 2017
ateamblezing:
From frying pan to fire,abeg make i defend my project
primary six pupil dey write project?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SSANU, NASU Resolve To Embark On Indefinite Strike by Defaramade(m): 7:26pm On Sep 06, 2017
Modupe Modupe Modupe grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: SSANU, NASU Resolve To Embark On Indefinite Strike by ItsPeeJayy(m): 7:26pm On Sep 06, 2017
This Country is a joke,our leaders are clowns and the citizens keep watching the drama and laughing.....I pity us.

2 Likes

Re: SSANU, NASU Resolve To Embark On Indefinite Strike by LEXYCOM: 7:27pm On Sep 06, 2017
Which way Nigeria?
Re: SSANU, NASU Resolve To Embark On Indefinite Strike by kambili999(f): 7:27pm On Sep 06, 2017
oh no. not again cry

1 Like

Re: SSANU, NASU Resolve To Embark On Indefinite Strike by gr8tone: 7:28pm On Sep 06, 2017
What a Nation!!!

1 Like

Re: SSANU, NASU Resolve To Embark On Indefinite Strike by wordproof: 7:28pm On Sep 06, 2017
Doomed !..
Restructure?...no way!!!
Re: SSANU, NASU Resolve To Embark On Indefinite Strike by DONADAMS(m): 7:28pm On Sep 06, 2017
They are mad!!!why are they embarking on strike without a reasonthere's serious problem in this country...

3 Likes

Re: SSANU, NASU Resolve To Embark On Indefinite Strike by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 06, 2017
[color=#990000][/color]
Why , crazy nation

10 Likes

Re: SSANU, NASU Resolve To Embark On Indefinite Strike by oluwashedy: 7:31pm On Sep 06, 2017
I weep for this country. Who will save my country dear lord
Re: SSANU, NASU Resolve To Embark On Indefinite Strike by Alexrayz(m): 7:31pm On Sep 06, 2017

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Deplorable Condition Of Primary School In Kogi (Photos) / COVID-19: Oluwayomi Zeblon Honoured By US Mission For Providing Virtual Sessions / How He Got Scholarship Worth ₦‎30 Million To Loughborough University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.