Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,862 members, 7,806,438 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

Malaysia - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Malaysia (4892 Views)

Nigerians Protesting Right Now In Malaysia / Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information / Before You Pay That Malaysia Agent Read This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Malaysia by Princecharmingobi: 5:20pm On Feb 24, 2010
I have a 3 months Malaysia visit visa and will like to know if its possible to enrol for a Degree program in a Malaysia university and by so doing change it to a student visa over there, kindly advice
Re: Malaysia by justwise(m): 7:03pm On Feb 24, 2010
@OP,

What you need to do is to write the school and find out. . . somebody here said his friend did it but i don't know how true that is.
Re: Malaysia by bobolistic(m): 6:22am On Feb 25, 2010
Anybody with useful info on this topic should kindly post it
Re: Malaysia by Nobody: 7:14am On Feb 25, 2010
is anything wrong with simply visiting and returning as is stated on your visa?
Re: Malaysia by newmusic: 10:18am On Feb 25, 2010
i dont know about degree but it is possible for a professional course.
Re: Malaysia by mrblack: 3:47pm On Feb 26, 2010
to me my fellow naija borthers and sisters malaysia whole is bullshit,
try ukrain is far better than malaysia cos u study u work and everything is cheap over there, racism here in malaysia is bigger than ukrain, you can buy so many things here liike jean shirt laptop second hand etc cheaper in naija than malaysia, its just a name an cnn fucking advertising it as if its a deffrent world but come see for yourself first, from now on ward i will believe anything about on nairaland about warning not to travelling to some countriies, am regreting it here, nigerians here only have to do drugs or yahoo to earn a living, some nigerians sleeping in under bridge, i shed tears when i see it myself, some will walk to you and beg for food money, you trravel abroad people back home expecting from you but end up begging on the street, u wont be able to read it all if i should write what i am seing here for just my two week being here u wont be able to read it all, people rather die here than go back naija empty hand, some of us are victims of agents telling people so many peopple make it in malaysia so why not go malaysia too,
Re: Malaysia by noblegas2(m): 4:51pm On Feb 26, 2010
mrblack:

try [size=13pt]ukrain is far better than malaysia[/size] cos u study u work and everything is cheap over there, racism here in malaysia is bigger than ukrain, you can buy so many things here liike jean shirt laptop second hand etc cheaper in naija than malaysia, its just a name an cnn bleeping advertising it as if its a deffrent world but come see for yourself first, from now on ward i will believe anything about on nairaland about warning not to travelling to some countriies, am regreting it here, nigerians here only have to do drugs or yahoo to earn a living, some nigerians sleeping in under bridge, i shed tears when i see it myself, some will walk to you and beg for food money, you trravel abroad people back home expecting from you but end up begging on the street, u wont be able to read it all if i should write what i am seing here for just my two week being here u wont be able to read it all, people rather die here than go back naija empty hand, some of us are victims of agents telling people so many peopple make it in malaysia so why not go malaysia too,

Mr, Black, i dont agree with you, Have u been to ukraine? or do you have friends in ukraine
[size=15pt]Ukraine is worse.[/size]
Re: Malaysia by justwise(m): 4:53pm On Feb 26, 2010
mrblack:

try ukrain is far better than malaysia cos u study u work and everything is cheap over there, racism here in malaysia is bigger than ukrain, you can buy so many things here liike jean shirt laptop second hand etc cheaper in naija than malaysia, its just a name an cnn bleeping advertising it as if its a deffrent world but come see for yourself first, from now on ward i will believe anything about on nairaland about warning not to travelling to some countriies, am regreting it here, nigerians here only have to do drugs or yahoo to earn a living, some nigerians sleeping in under bridge, i shed tears when i see it myself, some will walk to you and beg for food money, you trravel abroad people back home expecting from you but end up begging on the street, u wont be able to read it all if i should write what i am seing here for just my two week being here u wont be able to read it all, people rather die here than go back naija empty hand, some of us are victims of agents telling people so many peopple make it in malaysia so why not go malaysia too,

Hope people learn from this and STOP wasting money on dubious agents
Re: Malaysia by omega25red(m): 4:56pm On Feb 26, 2010
mrblack:

try ukrain is far better than malaysia cos u study u work and everything is cheap over there, racism here in malaysia is bigger than ukrain, you can buy so many things here liike jean shirt laptop second hand etc cheaper in naija than malaysia, its just a name an cnn bleeping advertising it as if its a deffrent world but come see for yourself first, from now on ward i will believe anything about on nairaland about warning not to travelling to some countriies, am regreting it here, nigerians here only have to do drugs or yahoo to earn a living, some nigerians sleeping in under bridge, i shed tears when i see it myself, some will walk to you and beg for food money, you trravel abroad people back home expecting from you but end up begging on the street, u wont be able to read it all if i should write what i am seing here for just my two week being here u wont be able to read it all, people rather die here than go back naija empty hand, some of us are victims of agents telling people so many peopple make it in malaysia so why not go malaysia too,
ukraine ke? that country that is worse off than nigeria it self. The question is why is the poster trying to turn a 3 month visit into permanent stay when he could have applied for an education visa which would have made his life easier than what he is about to put his head in
Re: Malaysia by suxes2005(m): 6:03pm On Feb 26, 2010
Wat on earth will one think about going to Malaysia for
if not fr JUST visit and return to ur home?

I prefer 9ja to dat country as it has been long
I heard a gud story about dat place. So stayin
home is berra than trying to kill myself alive.

SHALOM
Re: Malaysia by justwise(m): 9:07pm On Feb 26, 2010
@davidmon

Who ever told you that u are going to make money out of this lied to u, you will be fustrated cos no single person will give u a ring and this will be deleted pretty soon.
Re: Malaysia by newmusic: 11:12pm On Feb 27, 2010
Nuff of this spam by davidmon!!!
Re: Malaysia by newmusic: 11:15pm On Feb 27, 2010
NSK is just an association and does not give anybody assess to move anywhere without visa.
my people dont be misled,it shows that some people are just so anxious and did not take their time to really understand NSK.

It is just like an association called NAS and once you have their membership id card in form of passport,u think u can travel anywhere,BIG LIE!!!

NSK IS AN ASSOCIATION FOR PEOPLE OF COMMON INTEREST,IT IS DIVIDED INTO 4.
THE PASSPORT IS JUST A MEMBERSHIP ID CARD.

NUFF SAID!!!
Re: Malaysia by mrblack: 1:28pm On Mar 05, 2010
nop i have never been to ukraine befor but my friend in malay have friend there,
nigerians people u re too much, due to wrong posting of some dubiose agents makes most of us come in malaysia, i feel like killing my agent when i come back 9ja, how can someone spend many yrs hustling and later gamble it upon the long distance in vain, people re really wicked, my agent and family will surely pay this,
Re: Malaysia by justwise(m): 2:04pm On Mar 05, 2010
mrblack:

nop i have never been to ukraine befor but my friend in malay have friend there,
nigerians people u re too much, due to wrong posting of some dubiose agents makes most of us come in malaysia, i feel like killing my agent when i come back 9ja, how can someone spend many yrs hustling and later gamble it upon the long distance in vain, people re really wicked, my agent and family will surely pay this,
What were u told b4 u left 9ja?
Re: Malaysia by bolonjo: 4:01pm On Mar 05, 2010
it appalling reading such posts saying one country is difficult to live in, its not friendly and so much blab.
When a visa is granted there are rules attached to it, whether for tourism, business or education. As Nigerians we violate the immigration rules, overstay the visa period, and when you can't get work because you have no work permit you complain that its an unfriendly country.
off all the commonwealth countries that Nigerians could enter visa free in the eighties, i believe its remaining only one that is still visa free. the rest don't want to see Nigerians cry cry because we have constituted a nuisance to the society. is it so difficult to just abide by immigration rules?!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Malaysia by tpiah: 5:06am On Mar 06, 2010
is it so difficult to just abide by immigration rules

it looks that way.
Re: Malaysia by noblegas2(m): 7:48am On Mar 06, 2010
bolonjo:

it appalling reading such posts saying one country is difficult to live in, its not friendly and so much blab.
When a visa is granted there are rules attached to it, whether for tourism, business or education. As Nigerians we violate the immigration rules, overstay the visa period, and when you can't get work because you have no work permit you complain that its an unfriendly country.
off all the commonwealth countries that Nigerians could enter visa free in the eighties, i believe its remaining only one that is still visa free. the rest don't want to see Nigerians cry cry because we have constituted a nuisance to the society. is it so difficult to just abide by immigration rules?!!!!!!
lmfao! Its rather Funny to me dan Appauling.Av seen cases wer people give Testimonies in churches cuz of Visa.A place dat U dnt even knw ish bowt!
Re: Malaysia by mrblack: 6:11pm On Mar 12, 2010
man open ur eyes nothing when u no get work u sey dis or that,
no one hire black for work even after u finish ur school,
u enter lifter with some girls or people them no go enter that lifta some go comot,
wetin u wan tell me about malaysia when u no dey here to see wetin i mean.
Re: Malaysia by gossyomega(m): 7:13pm On May 29, 2010
anyone coming to North Cyprus for study should check this out

http://mynorthcyprus.org/socialnetwork/

get on it and join so that you can make friends who are in your prospective universities. it is the best way to settle down, because you would have already met some people that will be of great help to you when you get here.

it is also important to be careful about who helps you and find out from the right offices on what fees yu should pay for residency and all, so that no on reaps you off,

enjoy
Re: Malaysia by raintree: 4:40pm On Jun 01, 2010
mrblack:

The problem with you is that you have shallow ears that simply believe every Tom, Dick and Harry tells you, i.e. your friends and travel agent that convinced you to come to Malaysia with promising jobs. Now you heard from some Malay friends telling you all the goodies about Ukraine and you just believed them. Well, if you want to be victimised twice, go ahead get yourself an airticket to Ukraine without further delay and I shall patiently wait for you to come back here throwing the same old curses to Ukraine like you did to Malaysia for your misfortune.

If you think that getting a social-visit visa to any foreign country is your guarantee ticket to long-term stay and gaining employment legally be it in Malaysia, Ukraine, UK or US, then you must be the biggest fool that chose to be victimised. Wise up! Do your research thoroughly next time before boarding the plane. Life has never been easy for any immigrant any where in the world. Crying foul and getting angry ain't gonna help you!
Re: Malaysia by ThoniaSlim(f): 9:27am On Jun 03, 2010
I study at an Australian Uni in Malaysia. Malaysia is a beautiful place to relax, study, and live in. If your looking for anything else then look else where.

I've been in Malaysia for almost 4years and have had no problem. Its simple if your hand is clean and you obey their laws, then you wouldn't be complaining. The only time you start having problems is when your trying to get your hands dirty!

I don't think you were deceived, I didn't go through any agent, but with my dad's assistance we  ensured we  did our research well and got every neccessary info before applying. So you were suppose to get your info right and not take in everything the agent told YoU! Moreover if you read  your student visa well (that's if your one) its stated clearly that "YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO WORK" and they also tell you at the Malaysian high commission in nigeria. so how did the agent deceive you?
Re: Malaysia by raintree: 3:20pm On Jun 03, 2010
Thanks for your post, Thonia. Bless you and your man!
Selamat Datang Ke Malaysia.
Re: Malaysia by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:12pm On Jun 03, 2010
Terima Kasih.
Re: Malaysia by raintree: 1:28am On Jun 04, 2010
Sama-sama.
Re: Malaysia by jerryice(m): 7:49pm On Jun 09, 2010
O boy, which one come be this sama - sama again Ooo
Re: Malaysia by Yorubah(m): 10:05pm On Jun 09, 2010
Be sure you have enough money on you when traveling to Malaysia. Also make sure your BTA is $2000 or you wont be allowed entering. You can as well enroll in there schools with 3 months visa. They don't look at that. Important you should know that Malaysia is expensive mostly K-lumpur. Have a safe trip.
Re: Malaysia by shotster50(m): 10:50pm On Jun 09, 2010
The problem with prospective Nigerian students is that the pressume way too much. Malaysia is thousands of miles way better that Ukraine. The racism you talk is minimal compared to Ukraine, which ironically has one of the highest incidence of xenophobia against international students. You are seriously being misinformed. Malaysia is a lovely place. If it has changed, then its probably bec ause of the increasing amount of African students there.
Re: Malaysia by raintree: 12:46pm On Jun 10, 2010
Let me teach you some simple Malay words.

Selamat Datang Ke Malaysia = Welcome To Malaysia
Terima kasih = Thank you
Sama-sama = You're welcome

Here's a piece of news which is self-explanatory that explains why Malaysian employers are reluctant to hire illegal workers. BTW, the conversion rate for 1 Malaysian Ringgit is 45 Nigerian Naira.

Friday May 14, 2010
Dragon boat mishap hero fined for harbouring illegals
The Star Newspaper, Malaysia

GEORGE TOWN: A fish breeder who rescued two students in the January dragon boat tragedy here was fined RM24,000 (NGN1,080,000) by a magistrate’s court for harbouring three Myanmar illegal immigrants.

Yeoh Lye Pin, 61, was fined RM8,000 (NGN360,000) in default six months’ jail for each worker.

He had pleaded guilty to committing the offence at his caged fish farm at Kuala Sungai Pinang here on April 29.

An interpreter had to read the charge to him three times in Mandarin as he uses hearing aids for both ears.

Yeoh, who was unrepresented, paid the fine.

He was reported to have pulled two students to safety after a dragon boat with 18 people on board tipped over in the sea off Macallum Street Ghaut here on Jan 17.

A teacher and five students drowned in the incident which occurred during a training session by a dragon boat team from Chung Ling High School.
Deputy public prosecutor Muham-mad Firdaus Yaacub from the Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency said Yeoh was charged under Section 55 (E) of the Immigration Act which carries a maximum RM30,000 (NGN1,350,000) fine or one-year jail term or both.

The three Myanmar nationals – two male and a female – were jailed four months each from the date of their arrests on April 29 after they pleaded guilty to not having valid travel documents.

The two male workers, Soemyint, 36, and Lin, 18, were also ordered to be given a stroke of the rotan each.

Re: Malaysia by shotster50(m): 11:10pm On Jun 10, 2010
^^^^ ok, was all that necessary

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Asaba To Lagos By Road / Nigerians In Denmark, How Is The Economy And Life Generally / Travel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.