Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,492 members, 7,781,476 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:07 PM

Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. (23924 Views)

Police Foil Attack On Dangote Refinery In Lagos / More Photos Of BUA's Sugar Plantation And Refinery In Lafiagi (Videos, Pictures) / Otedola Visits Dangote’s Oil Refinery, Petrochemical Plant In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by okway: 7:33am On Sep 07, 2017
Acidosis:
see why most politicians are vagabonds? They love to take glory on private investments even when they've done absolutely nothing to improve governance. Rather than thank the investors for remembering Ibadan, an almost desolate destination for investors, this unfortunate "constituted authority" already turned the whole thing to campaign.

You think private companies just select any city to invest in? Do you know the collaboration that goes on behind closed door? Abi na you bring am to come invest in Ibadan?

Mr. Analyzer.

14 Likes

Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by Toosure70: 7:34am On Sep 07, 2017
Bad morning for flatheaders.

13 Likes

Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by gr8tone: 7:35am On Sep 07, 2017
Acidosis:
see why most politicians are vagabonds? They love to take glory on private investments even when they've done absolutely nothing to improve governance. Rather than thank the investors for remembering Ibadan, an almost desolate destination for investors, this unfortunate "constituted authority" already turned the whole thing to campaign.
Yeah, providing the enabling environment for business to strive is an enormous achievement.

12 Likes

Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by 9japrof(m): 7:36am On Sep 07, 2017
grin
Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by jordyspices: 7:36am On Sep 07, 2017
Nice one
Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by LexngtonSteele: 7:38am On Sep 07, 2017
Basic123:
Largest crude oil refinery in Lagosgrin
Largest palm oil refinery in Ibadangrin

No wonder Britain granted them self rule in 1957 before other regions!

Yorubas are naturally ahead.No be by empty chest beat,claiming 75% ownership outside southwest,posting ewedu and tribal mark pictures!

God bless yorubas and yorubaland.
God bless Nigerians and Nigeria.

In Olu Maintain's voice..."Awon boys yii. .kamikaze on a Ghetto level"....
grin grin grin

That's the line that comes to my head looking at that picture.

Yoruba parapo! Pacesetters any day, any time

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by Agimor(m): 7:38am On Sep 07, 2017
This is the kind of stomach infrastructure Fayose should adopt not like some sharing of bread and a cup of rice.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by Acidosis(m): 7:40am On Sep 07, 2017
gr8tone:
Yeah, providing the enabling environment for business to strive is an enormous achievement.

You won't agree with me because you didn't read his speech. The private company is yet to even commence operations or make any sales and this politician is already campaigning and lambasting previous governments.. Just because one private investor decided to remember Ibadan after 8 years in office??

Haba, if all politicians make this kind of noise, investors in Ogun and Lagos won't breath no more.
Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by okway: 7:43am On Sep 07, 2017
Acidosis:

You won't agree with me because you didn't read his speech. The private company is yet to even commence operations or make any sales and this politician is already campaigning and lambasting previous governments.. Just because one private investor decided to remember Ibadan after 8 years in office??

Haba, if all politicians make this kind of noise, investors in Ogun and Lagos won't breath no more.

You're not listening to him....providing the enabling environment for business to strive is an enormous achievement.

It's not about making sales as of yet.

Why was Ibadan chosen? Why not Anambra or Borno?

13 Likes

Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by Nobody: 7:44am On Sep 07, 2017
#goodstuff

3 Likes

Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by Michael004: 7:45am On Sep 07, 2017
Basic123:
Largest crude oil refinery in Lagosgrin
Largest palm oil refinery in Ibadangrin

No wonder Britain granted them self rule in 1957 before other regions!

Yorubas are naturally ahead.No be by empty chest beat,claiming 75% ownership outside southwest,posting ewedu and tribal mark pictures!

God bless yorubas and yorubaland.
God bless Nigerians and Nigeria.
grin Ondo state too soon will have largest bitumen refinery, also in this our south west na ni. Why are we so blessed like this without chest beating up and down.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by Michael004: 7:49am On Sep 07, 2017
deepwater:
Where else would the world largest edible oil plant be if not where it is needed to cook the world largest draw soup grin grin grin
I can sense your painment. Hope it has not affected your eggs?

9 Likes

Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by Allwility: 7:52am On Sep 07, 2017
Good move from Flour Mills of Nigeria.

But do they have the oil palm plantation to provide the much needed raw materials or are they going to drag the already scarce resource with other players?

I think companies like FMN and Presco should have an R&grin department tasked with making oil palms fruit in less than a year.

1 Like

Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by gawu1: 7:54am On Sep 07, 2017
Acidosis:
Don't miss it. Government has no business in business. The business of government is providing enabling environment and good atmosphere where people can invest in and do business freely.
Let commend good thing, at least.
Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 07, 2017
Michael004:
grin Ondo state too soon will have largest bitumen refinery, also in this our south west na ni. Why are we so blessed like this without chest beating up and down.
B'cos we no dey chest beat! God hates pride- I beta pass my neighbour mentality!

10 Likes

Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by OlujobaSamuel: 7:54am On Sep 07, 2017
Funmiladey:
Cocoa can never be cos British had an agreement with us never to process cocoa if we want then to buy from us coupled with some other conditions... Hence the reason why no one can go into cocoa processing locally.

kindly explain the statement above.
we process cocoa in ondo and osun, or processing into what form?
I'm so sure of cocoa paste and powder.
And nestle, cadbury, value choco etc source their cocoa here

2 Likes

Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by okway: 7:54am On Sep 07, 2017
Michael004:

This useless Nigerian government keeps stalling the inevitable.

Ondo state has been lobbying for the approval of Bitumen exploration since Kanu's mother was born. Useless aboki government.

8 Likes

Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by fapcrook(m): 7:56am On Sep 07, 2017
Benekruku:
It's not by chest-beating!

Actions speaks!

Omo Youruba ni wa!

Proudly Afonja!

Omo Naija ni gbogbo wa,,,,ONE LOVE , PEACE
Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by KELVINXY: 7:56am On Sep 07, 2017
Largest this Largest that
Without quality check.... And least concern about the ecosystem
Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by okway: 7:59am On Sep 07, 2017
KELVINXY:
Largest this
Largest that

Without quality check....
And least concern about the ecosystem

Laaaaal. Awon Mega and Ultra this and that claimer. Go and check it then.

2 Likes

Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by loomer: 7:59am On Sep 07, 2017
I beg, make una employ plenty people
Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by CEOYOMZZYBLOG: 8:05am On Sep 07, 2017
Nice one..
Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by EvilMetahuman: 8:06am On Sep 07, 2017
I will start buying rom cooking oil hence forth
Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by omonnakoda: 8:11am On Sep 07, 2017
Funmiladey:
Cocoa can never be cos British had an agreement with us never to process cocoa if we want then to buy from us coupled with some other conditions... Hence the reason why no one can go into cocoa processing locally.

This is simply untrue. What agreement when and where.
Which British company is known for cocoa products today? There is no need to create fiction to score points or appear knowledgeable on social media.
Not only is that statement untrue it is quite childish and makes me wonder how old you are,how much education and world exposure you have. Better to keep quiet if you have nothing meaningful to say.
By the way we do process cocoa in Nigeria we are just not good at it because of our peculiar constraints.
It is a naive assumption to believe we must export anyway. If our economy grows we can consume all the cocoa we produce and still import more just like we import palm oil today. Yes we import palm oil despite being one of the largest producers in the world

2 Likes

Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by PLATO1U(m): 8:12am On Sep 07, 2017
Ok. When will it start recruiting and operation? Oyo State Dry Oooo. Hope it will reduce unemployment in the land.
Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by EvilMetahuman: 8:16am On Sep 07, 2017
Funmiladey:

I don't think that's true.

that would be dummest agreement ever.

Whoever signed that kinda agreement should be hanged by the balls.

I just think people are not investing in finished cocoa products because nestle and cadbury are killing the competition and they are not improving beyond tea.

We should bring in more players to maximise productions.
Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by omonnakoda: 8:30am On Sep 07, 2017
okway:

You're not listening to him....providing the enabling environment for business to strive is an enormous achievement.

It's not about making sales as of yet.

Why was Ibadan chosen? Why not Anambra or Borno?
Enabling environment is a spurious claim. Of the enabling environment what percentage goes to the Federal Government,the State Government or the Local.

Businesses in Nigeria often do well in spite of government not because of government. For decades Oyo state has been the agricultural powerhouse of the SW if not the entire South with research insitutes and other value chain entities so Ajimobi cannot take credit for that. Oyo state at its northernmost point is further north than Kogi and Benue State .Look at the map. This means that it has a Savannah or semi Savannah climate i.e not too much rainfall which is perfect for agriculture ,it has the population and proximity to Lagos and many support inductries e.g those fabricating local machinery have long been in Oyo state. Still those who know will tell you that successive governments have not supported them with road etc. The most important factor in so called enabling environment is Power. I am sure this firm will use generators like many others so Ajimobi should stop playing politics. This is certainly not an opportunity for juvenile chest beating or prick comparison.

To those saying government has no business in business I say you are not exposed.Good governments can do business either as full owners or significant shareholders. It depends on the culture. Odua investment is still alive while those from the other regions have collapsed. Odua could do even better with the right approach
The largest construction company in the world is owned by the Chinese government and it is very active in Nigeria and Africa, The German government part owns DHLamong other holdings and the French government holds significant shares in publicly traded companies

4 Likes

Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by omonnakoda: 8:32am On Sep 07, 2017
EvilMetahuman:

I just think people are not investing in finished cocoa products because nestle and cadbury are killing the competition and they are not improving beyond tea.

There is no such agreement he just made it up. Very childish
Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by Virtualaccounts: 8:36am On Sep 07, 2017
Hello Enterpreneur,

VirtualAccountant.ng will help manage your bookkeeping, accounting and tax compliances for your Small business/Startup.

Please chat/Call 08029753761, 08086108687 for an engagement & visit www.virtualaccountant.ng.

There's a lot we can do together to ensure your financial record keeping runs seamlessly.

Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by omonnakoda: 8:38am On Sep 07, 2017
EvilMetahuman:

There is no such agreement he just made it up. Very childish. Truth is we do not have a culture of consuming cocoa products beyond cocoa drinks on a large scale. Chocolate tends to melt in our weather and is not very popular in Nigeria. Our people prefer confectionary that is heavy on sugar and little else.If the industry can turn that around we would be on to a winner. Our billionaires need to look at acquiring stakes in smaller confectionery businesses in Europe with a view to knowledge and technology transfer and we need to make and market locally relevant cocoa based products e.g Chocogarri etc we are very creative when supported. I am not a huge fan of this idea that economies MUST export to survive. We only export to PAY for imports but in our case most of our imports we can make
Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by EvilMetahuman: 8:51am On Sep 07, 2017
omonnakoda:
There is no such agreement he just made it up. Very childish. Truth is we do not have a culture of consuming cocoa products beyond cocoa drinks on a large scale. Chocolate tends to melt in our weather and is not very popular in Nigeria. Our people prefer confectionary that is heavy on sugar and little else.If the industry can turn that around we would be on to a winner. Our billionaires need to look at acquiring stakes in smaller confectionery businesses in Europe with a view to knowledge and technology transfer and we need to make and market locally relevant cocoa based products e.g Chocogarri etc we are very creative when supported. I am not a huge fan of this idea that economies MUST export to survive. We only export to PAY for imports but in our case most of our imports we can make
I thought so too.
Which kind mumu agreement be that one when there are millions other countries that will buy cocoa from nigeria.

About chocolate metting in our weather and stuff. I don't think that's problem because we have other countries with hotter weather embracing chocolate.

I think its all about marketing. A rigourous, strategic and creative marketing will make nigerians embrace chocolate or any other cocoa product.

Promasidor, nesle and cadbury are already making enough money from cowbell, milo bornvita that they killed off other cocoa products such as Remember chocomilo and goody goody?

We just need other companies to start making them independently to open their eyes again.
Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by Basic123: 8:56am On Sep 07, 2017
gr8tone:
Exactly,that cannot happen in during eleweomo-tokyo era of Alao akala and ladoja.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naira Surges As CBN Intervenes In Interbank Market / Shoprite Announces Plan To Leave Kenya / Fashola, Dangote, Obi Others At Access Bank's Christmas Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.