Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. (23973 Views)

Police Foil Attack On Dangote Refinery In Lagos / More Photos Of BUA's Sugar Plantation And Refinery In Lafiagi (Videos, Pictures) / Otedola Visits Dangote’s Oil Refinery, Petrochemical Plant In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by Michael004: 8:59am On Sep 07, 2017
okway:

This useless Nigerian government keep stalling the inevitable.

Ondo state has been lobbying for the approval of Bitumen exploration since Kanu's mother was born. Useless aboki government.
I dey tell you. Very useless govt.

1 Like

Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by BlackMbakara1(m): 9:20am On Sep 07, 2017
The SW is busy developing their areas through sound reasoning devoid of unguarded statement. Ensuring environment friendliness and assuring security in preparedness in the extinct of oil usage in the future.

Ours here in the SS and SE is filled with greed enveloped with unguarded statement and relocating of businesses to neighboring countries or regions and same time shouting marginalization.

Nobody will ever want to invest in an unpredictable state...let's give peace a chance and hold our leaders accountable.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by gr8tone: 9:20am On Sep 07, 2017
Acidosis:

You won't agree with me because you didn't read his speech. The private company is yet to even commence operations or make any sales and this politician is already campaigning and lambasting previous governments.. Just because one private investor decided to remember Ibadan after 8 years in office??

Haba, if all politicians make this kind of noise, investors in Ogun and Lagos won't breath no more.
You think so? Your opinion thou;
Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by nnokwa042(m): 9:33am On Sep 07, 2017
Basic123:
Largest crude oil refinery in Lagosgrin
Largest palm oil refinery in Ibadangrin

No wonder Britain granted them self rule in 1957 before other regions!

Yorubas are naturally ahead.No be by empty chest beat,claiming 75% ownership outside southwest,posting ewedu and tribal mark pictures!

God bless yorubas and yorubaland.
God bless Nigerians and Nigeria.
even Yoruba first Russia reach space Yoruba people re first people to produce television in this world even for Nigeria na only dem get light and water 24/7

1 Like

Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by Basic123: 9:34am On Sep 07, 2017
nnokwa042:
even Yoruba first Russia reach space Yoruba people re first people to produce television in this world even for Nigeria na only dem get light and water 24/7
They've arrivedgrin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by Adeyinka12(m): 9:36am On Sep 07, 2017
Funmiladey:
Cocoa can never be cos British had an agreement with us never to process cocoa if we want then to buy from us coupled with some other conditions... Hence the reason why no one can go into cocoa processing locally.

Nah big lie, come to state of Osun . there is cocoa processing in Ede.

3 Likes

Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by Mazeltovscotty(m): 10:04am On Sep 07, 2017
deepwater:
Where else would the world largest edible oil plant be if not where it is needed to cook the world largest draw soup grin grin grin
thunder! Lol
Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 07, 2017
Adeyinka12:
Nah big lie, come to state of Osun . there is cocoa processing in Ede.
Really? If true that's great!
Can you create a thread with sound pics of the place?
Thanks.
Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by omojeesu(m): 10:16am On Sep 07, 2017
But is vegetable oil healthy?
Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by ODVanguard: 10:21am On Sep 07, 2017
JohnXcel:
Really? If true that's great!
Can you create a thread with sound pics of the place?
Thanks.

He's right. A thread already exists on that on nairaland.

https://www.nairaland.com/3048964/aregbesola-resuscitates-ede-cocoa-processing

1 Like

Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by RealityShot: 10:21am On Sep 07, 2017
Funmiladey:
Cocoa can never be cos British had an agreement with us never to process cocoa if we want then to buy from us coupled with some other conditions... Hence the reason why no one can go into cocoa processing locally.

Really?
please tell us more about that agreemnet. Thank you.
Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 07, 2017
ODVanguard:

He's right. A thread already exists on that on nairaland.

https://www.nairaland.com/3048964/aregbesola-resuscitates-ede-cocoa-processing
Thanks brother.
The economy of the Southwest keeps growing... but I wonder what Ondo, Ekiti, (and Kwara and Kogi: in parenthesis for obvious reasons) are up to?

1 Like

Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by Knaruto(m): 10:32am On Sep 07, 2017
boman2014:
goodone

not the ones that will be shouting reconstrution up-and-down , making noise and disturbing the peace of Nigeria
It would be illusory to think that there is anything as "peace of Nigeria"....Because in the real sense the state has known no peace since 1960
Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by bigpicture001: 10:36am On Sep 07, 2017
very very poor location...from history and the culture of the people...it can be deduced that south east and south south are pioneers in oil pail production again ppl of the south east are highest in vegetables oil consumption...for me,i think locating in a place like anambra or delta would have been better to cover both region for nearest to raw materials and also nearest to market and cheap labour
Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by omoelerin1: 10:44am On Sep 07, 2017
deepwater:
Where else would the world largest edible oil plant be if not where it is needed to cook the world largest draw soup grin grin grin
Ha! you a devil.
Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by dgbaba: 10:49am On Sep 07, 2017
bigpicture001:
very very poor location...from history and the culture of the people...it can be deduced that south east and south south are pioneers in oil pail production again ppl of the south east are highest in vegetables oil consumption...for me,i think locating in a place like anambra or delta would have been better to cover both region for nearest to raw materials and also nearest to market and cheap labour

Why can't you go establish your own there. You think the owners are dumb(like you) ? A lot of research and feasibility studies must have been done before even laying the foundation for this project.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by JerryDM1: 10:51am On Sep 07, 2017
Basic123:
Largest crude oil refinery in Lagosgrin
Largest palm oil refinery in Ibadangrin

No wonder Britain granted them self rule in 1957 before other regions!

Yorubas are naturally ahead.No be by empty chest beat,claiming 75% ownership outside southwest,posting ewedu and tribal mark pictures!

God bless yorubas and yorubaland.
God bless Nigerians and Nigeria.
Mtcheew! Ibadan with rusted roofs. Everything going to the west and north. We must restructure this country by fire and by force. Proudly Deltan.
Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by Flaghouse1: 10:51am On Sep 07, 2017
Benekruku:
It's not by chest-beating!

Actions speaks!

Omo Youruba ni wa!

Proudly Afonja!

FOR YOUR MIND NOW YOU BE RAMBO !
Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by omonnakoda: 11:17am On Sep 07, 2017
EvilMetahuman:

I thought so too.
Which kind mumu agreement be that one when there are millions other countries that will buy cocoa from nigeria.

About chocolate metting in our weather and stuff. I don't think that's problem because we have other countries with hotter weather embracing chocolate.

I think its all about marketing. A rigourous, strategic and creative marketing will make nigerians embrace chocolate or any other cocoa product.

Promasidor, nesle and cadbury are already making enough money from cowbell, milo bornvita that they killed off other cocoa products such as Remember chocomilo and goody goody?

We just need other companies to start making them independently to open their eyes again.
If there was such an agreement it would be with Switzerland,Belgium,France or USA . Cadbury is now in American hands
Anything is a problem if you have no solution i.e electricity and water which other countries take for granted.
The hot weather is a problem specifically for chocolate until we figure our a solution i,e we have power . The number one cocoa product in Nigeria is Cocoa drinks. The big players do not make chocolate rather the little chocolate we consume is imported .
My point is that given our peculiarities we need to develop a local solution with local products to boost cocoa consumption and this does not have to mean chocolate.
Goody Goody and chocomilo are not chocolate in my opinion but yes they make my point that we can have our own products and need more research into that.
Cocoa drinks could be a lot cheaper than they currently are as a percentage of household income. How many families can afford to take Milo daily. In the UK it is about £2-3 less than half of one hour's pay at minimum wage. In Nigeria you will have to work for TWO DAYS at minimum wage to buy it

Cocoa powder is 20% protein but bitter so we need to figure out how to use it smartly and more in our cooking. It does not have to be chocolate which low end retailers simply will not stock because of power challenges

2 Likes

Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by gnykelly(m): 12:03pm On Sep 07, 2017
Funmiladey:

can you give link to such agreement or is it just your figment of imagination.
Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by laudate: 12:05pm On Sep 07, 2017
Benekruku:
It's not by chest-beating!

Actions speaks!

Omo Youruba ni wa!

Proudly Afonja!
Strange! I always thought you were from the Niger-Delta! wink

1 Like

Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by laudate: 12:07pm On Sep 07, 2017
Acidosis:
see why most politicians are vagabonds? They love to take glory on private investments even when they've done absolutely nothing to improve governance. Rather than thank the investors for remembering Ibadan, an almost desolate destination for investors, this unfortunate "constituted authority" already turned the whole thing to campaign.
'Desolate', ke? Haba!! shocked What kind of language is that? How can you use such a word to describe Ibadan?
Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by Basic123: 12:33pm On Sep 07, 2017
JerryDM1:
Mtcheew! Ibadan with rusted roofs. Everything going to the west and north. We must restructure this country by fire and by force. Proudly Deltan.
Bad belle can kill ooogrin
visit a nearest hospital!

I dont want to give you hypertensive crisis I will have asked you to visit this link

www.nairaland.com/3941777/ibadan-pictures-development-fastest-growing/19

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by delpee(f): 12:39pm On Sep 07, 2017
I buy cocoa powder produced in Nigeria. It's from Ile Oluji in Ondo state. There are a few other companies too like the one in Ede. The one located on Lagos -Ibadan expressway (between Isheri and Ibafo) seems to have folded up. Their product was good too.

Check Shoprite for various brands of locally produced cocoa powder.

4 Likes

Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by Basic123: 12:41pm On Sep 07, 2017
bigpicture001:
can you site your company in a place where it could be blew up by tompolo at anytime or where the workers will just desert the company one day to attend nnamdi kanu rally and come back to experiment the newly learnt nnamdi kanu hate speeches on their managersgrin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by laudate: 12:44pm On Sep 07, 2017
omonnakoda:
Goody Goody and chocomilo are not chocolate in my opinion but yes they make my point that we can have our own products and need more research into that.
Ehn?? Is Goody-goody still available in the market? cheesy E don tay wey I see am, o! shocked
Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by Flaghouse1: 12:55pm On Sep 07, 2017
laudate:

Ehn?? Is Goody-goody still available in the market? cheesy E don tay wey I see am, o! shocked

YES ,THEM DEY SELL AM FOR MY AREA ,HOW MANY CARTONS YOU WANT,

See the question you dey ask sef shey condensed milk still dey market?

Where you wan see goody goody again,eon dey
Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by omonnakoda: 1:05pm On Sep 07, 2017
laudate:

old man no be only Goody Goody Na Bazooka Joe
Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by laudate: 1:06pm On Sep 07, 2017
omonnakoda:
old man no be only Goody Goody Na Bazooka Joe
wink
Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by Seyeah23(m): 1:11pm On Sep 07, 2017
BlackMbakara1:
The SW is busy developing their areas through sound reasoning devoid of unguarded statement. Ensuring environment friendliness and assuring security in preparedness in the extinct of oil usage in the future.

Ours here in the SS and SE is filled with greed enveloped with unguarded statement and relocating of businesses to neighboring countries or regions and same time shouting marginalization.

Nobody will ever want to invest in an unpredictable state...let's give peace a chance and hold our leaders accountable.

God will continue to renew your knowledge, wisdom and understanding. I concur to your reasoning. You spoke (comment) well
Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 07, 2017
deomelo:

Largest edible oil refinery in Sub-Saharan Africa launched in Ibadan.

And who told u iya the biggest in west Africa
Re: Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. by BlackMbakara1(m): 2:34pm On Sep 07, 2017
Seyeah23:

God will continue to renew your knowledge, wisdom and understanding. I concur to your reasoning. You spoke (comment) well

Amen and many thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shoprite Announces Plan To Leave Kenya / What Business Can I Start With ₦500k? / Fashola, Dangote, Obi Others At Access Bank's Christmas Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.