Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

Those Ibo Traders Are Cheats - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Those Ibo Traders Are Cheats (718 Views)

FOREX : FG Ignores Ab0ki Money Changers And Goes After Ibo Traders / Horror At Enugu Airport.- Traders Are Arrested For Having More Than $4,000.00 / Gun Men Kill 4 Ibo Traders In Yola. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Those Ibo Traders Are Cheats by afemai: 5:44pm On Feb 24, 2010
The Igbo man’s lost to the civil war with the state was colossal both in human and capital resources, as a result of the war he is today more ingenious, hardworking and enterprising in trading than any of the major tribes in Nigeria. The only problem I have with them is their quest for money at all cost (some will say all tribes like money, yes! but the Igbo man traders ‘quest is annoying). You and I even fellow Ibos would have fallen victim to their desire and thirst to make money by all means legally or illegally. The Igbo man will sell a fake product in the place of genuine, will ask you to buy a shirt that doesn’t fit and advise you to wear a jacket to cover it, he will draw tape when measuring yards of cloth, once your money gets to his hand you will have to apply all means to persuade to have your money back whenever your transaction turns bad, hence you are faced with a diseconomy. Deceit is the only tool of trading.
Majority of the Igbo traders lack courtesy,  they would pull and drag you to buy from them this can be very  irritating and annoying, by so doing harass female shoppers and steal from them as practiced in Tejuosho, Oshodi and the Lagos Island markets. My childhood best friend is Igbo and he lost that appellation when he attempted to cheat me in a business I owed 100% his involvement was to help me feel secured since I was dealing with his kinsmen but he betrayed the trust the rest is history.
Please you can crucify me if you like; I wish the civil war succeeded so we would not be faced with these cheats.
Re: Those Ibo Traders Are Cheats by Afam(m): 5:57pm On Feb 24, 2010
afemai:

Please you can crucify me if you like; I wish the civil war succeeded so we would not be faced with these cheats.

No need to crucify you because you are doing a good job at that already.

Unfortunately or fortunately the civil war ended and you are stuck with Igbos whether your childhood best friend was Igbo or not.

How are we sure that you were not the one that cheated him? All these one sided sermons do not make any sense as you could as well be lying big time.
Re: Those Ibo Traders Are Cheats by OYBMEND: 6:01pm On Feb 24, 2010
On a day when an un-existent President issued a statement addressing a man made acting President, by the Nigerian people through the NASS, as his VP. You will think some of us will have more serious things to talk about.

Yes and I guess Yar'adua is an Igbo man that is why he is full of deciet and greed even on his death bed. I guess his wife is also Igbo.

Fool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Those Ibo Traders Are Cheats by Ikengawo: 7:20pm On Feb 24, 2010
LMAO! @ this thread

my friend igbos have been igbo before the civil war as well.

Igbos will find a way to make money, if the country doesn't provide the legal and proper path which nigeria doesn't they will get it another way.
im igbo and i'll agree that greed is pandemic in my culture, but it is in all other nigerian cultures as well.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do I Have This Strong Feeling That Yaradua Is No More ? / Yar’adua Group Wants Seven Key Ministries / Why do you think the EFCC only arrested less than 1% northerners.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.