Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. (24465 Views)

Inside Story Of Buhari’s Battle With Atiku At Election Tribunal / President Buhari Meets With Atiku Bagudu, Kayode Fayemi And Udom Emmanuel / Oshiomhole, Obaseki, Ayiri Emami Running In Edo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by Akwadefender1: 9:56am On Sep 07, 2017
emmyspark007:
The op and the three monikers below him are all agents of atiku to promote him. I am sure people won't vote for that power starved atiku, who want to be president at all cost just like buhari.

The next recession wey go visit naija, pple fit begin chop ppl.

#OurMumuTooMuch

You can count me as one of his monikers because come 2019, I will vote for Atiku a tested politician and business man

3 Likes

Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by OmoManU: 9:57am On Sep 07, 2017
ChangetheChange:
cheesy

Whether Buhari runs or not

I am voting Atiku in 2019

Atiku 2019

We need tried and trusted successful Businessmen like Atiku or Dangote to run Nigeria not the vegetable called Buhari who has plummeted Nigeria into Recession at two different times as Head of State.

What business success made Atiku a successful businessman, we know Dangote sugar, Dangote cement and so on
Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by PentiumPro(f): 9:57am On Sep 07, 2017
wristbangle:

Left to me, Atiku presidency will not make things better rather worse. You have mentioned only one critical factor about him that he is not a tribal bigot but again nobody knew the current president would use the word 97 - 5 percentage which same can be applicable to atiku if a region fails to vote for him.

It's a pity we have to settle for these old haggard men who are going there for their selfish reasons.

Honestly, very unsettling and nauseating.

2 Likes

Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 07, 2017
Michael004:
[s][/s]Trash, are you born to be slave? Why can't you clamour for a southerner to be president? Why northerner again. Nonsense.
I can literally smell the 'money' going round from here.
I bet this post is sponsored (sucks that it's a Yoruba man SMH!)
Some people are already selling themselves because of Atiku.
But mark my words, that man is not destined to be president of Nigeria... except God wants to punish us (further)!
Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by PentiumPro(f): 9:59am On Sep 07, 2017
mightyhazell:
do u hav a brain at all?

[s]sb opened a thread, complaining of hunger and in d same breath, saying he will vote for the person responsible for his hunger, unless the person doesnt contest,.. and ur here drooling all over the place like a dyslexic,.. abeg carry ya wahala comot my front[/s].

Imagine the rubbish coming from a supposedly educated human being, SMH for these people.
Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by divineappo(m): 10:00am On Sep 07, 2017
Alcatraz005:
I know I would get insulted and vilified for this post but I don't care! I will start with asking Nigerians, what do we have to lose? We have suffered so much for the past 2 years under Buhari's anti corruption government which is laced with ethnic bigotry, Fulani supremacy and the ascendancy of fundamentalist Islam.

Our igbo brothers have been over punished for making their choice at the polls and our nation is on the brink of collapse. In my personal opinion, if President Buhari is not running for 2019, I would advice that we go for Atiku Abubakar in 2019 to afford the north the opportunity of completing their slot. I work in the legal field and I have seen the mess that the Government has done in prosecuting the looters of our treasury. Not one successful conviction has been recorded! When Goodluck Jonathan was President, corruption was rife but at least Nigerians could feed better. The exchange rate never went beyond 200 and life was generally better. Now with the anti corruption Government, we can barely have 2 square meals in Nigeria. So I ask, what have Nigerians gained from this anti corruption adventure? I know that the general sentiment/view amongst Nigerians is that Alh. Atiku Abubakar is ultra corrupt but I put it to you that he is the only Northerner that can be acceptable to other Nigerians if President Buhari is not running for President in 2019. Atiku is detribalised, exposed, a liberal Muslim, wealthy(poverty alleviation ) and most important of all, we would all be able to enjoy Nigeria's money.

Do not be deceived, none of these elite folks love Nigerians! They are only there to help themselves and their families! So do not be drawn to their internal wars. Baba Obasanjo is reportedly against Atiku's Presidencial bid but he has only one vote. The choice is with the millions of Nigerians who feel the brunt of bad leadership. Do not allow these corrupt politicians to control our thought process. If we all know that they are all corrupt, why don't we vote for the one who would ensure that majority of Nigerians at least have a chance to enjoy our lives? I ask again, what do we have to lose? We are already ensnared in their wicked conspiracies anyways!

Finally, I root for Alh. Atiku Abubakar because the other major choices from the North would not do well for the unity of this country. Nasir El Rufai who is rumored to be gunning for the top post in 2019 is too fundamentalist and sectional in nature and he would be worse that the current government. He is a very brilliant man but he doesn't like Christians. Evidence abound of his actions towards people of other faith throughout his stewardship at the FCT and now Kaduna. A lot of Christians would not want him presiding over the affairs of this very diverse nation. The other candidate is Rabiu who has proven to be pro north in all his dealings. He has made it his mission to bail out hausas involved in ethnic fracas all over Nigeria. One does not need a soothing sayer to see what the country would be like under his Government. Alh. Atiku in my opinion still remains the best choice for President in the event that President Buhari is not running in 2019. If Nigerians are going to continue suffering, let us know what we are suffering for and decide to share in the goodies of our country once and for all! What is the use of an anti corruption crusade when Nigerians are starving and impoverished?

I know I would be insulted for this but this is my humble logomatim.

The suffer too much!
I stand with #Atiku2019
this OP is a certified and sealed fool. Go donate ur brain for medical research pls
Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 10:01am On Sep 07, 2017
Nonsense post. We are thinking of how to do away with all those that have held polical posts in the past and bringing new people and someone is suggesting a born to rule man for us again.
So out of all the people we have in Nigeria, we still have to a ways go back to themes old faces.
Besides we shouldn't even think of voting any on is nothing is done to improve the lives of Nigerians
They will still come with promises and lies that don't ever get to yield anything positive and some people like the poster w/o still rush and vote thinking that their saviour has to finally come
Never gonna waste my vote on any old politician even if he has been voted before as counselor in a community before. Because from the the local government chiaman to the president they are all the same. Stealing from the people that they should be taking care of.
Who election don help

1 Like

Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by PentiumPro(f): 10:02am On Sep 07, 2017
emmyspark007:

You lack easy comprehension.
So because of tiny mistake; success is not for my kind grin Lol.
I never called you a thief

If you think writing thiefs instead of thieves is a tiny mistake at your age, then you have bigger issues than I thought. grin

1 Like

Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by calaharry: 10:03am On Sep 07, 2017
Rubbish!rubbish!rubbish thread!

1 Like

Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 07, 2017
MISSCONGENIALITY:
Nonsense post. We are thinking of how to do away with all those that have held polical posts in the past and bringing new people and someone is suggesting a born to rule man for us again.
So out of all the people we have in Nigeria, we still have to a ways go back to themes old faces.
Besides we shouldn't even think of voting any on is nothing is done to improve the lives of Nigerians
They will still come with promises and lies that don't ever get to yield anything positive and some people like the poster w/o still rush and vote thinking that their saviour has to finally come
Never gonna waste my vote on any old politician even if he has been voted before as counselor in a community before. Because from the the local government chiaman to the president they are all the same. Stealing from the people that they should be taking care of.
Who election don help

Ok, which new breed do you suggest? You think any neophyte can just win elections in a complex country like Nigeria? Oya make a suggestion?
Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by Jflex07(m): 10:04am On Sep 07, 2017
PentiumPro:

You are free to call me whatever your imagination can imagine, but your own failure is glaring and success is not for your kind in any sane society.
you don't see what people are passing through daily? maybe just because you can afford three square meal doesn't remove the fact that people are going through the worst period under this administration

1 Like

Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 07, 2017
MISSCONGENIALITY:
Who election don help

We are both saying the same thing. Since they are all corrupt, why don't we vote someone that will enable Nigerians eat from their resources? Do you like how Nigerians are suffering and some parts of Nigeria want to secede?

2 Likes

Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 07, 2017
They have not fulfilled their 2015 campaign promises they have started another campaign again.
Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 10:07am On Sep 07, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Ok, which new breed do you suggest? You think any neophyte can just win elections in a complex country like Nigeria? Oya make a suggestion?
and you think we should go back to those old politicians simply because they have made I'd difficult for neophyte to win elections.
You can go ahead and vote sir. It's your right
Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by PentiumPro(f): 10:08am On Sep 07, 2017
Jflex07:
you don't see what people are passing through daily? maybe just because you can afford three square meal doesn't remove the fact that people are going through the worst period under this administration

Maybe yes, maybe no, but it still doesn't nullify my statement that some people are just experiencing their own breakthrough, go to the agric section and see the testimonies.
The era of free money and rent seeking by going to abuja to seek favour in Nigeria is dying, you must work to chop.
Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by Klington: 10:08am On Sep 07, 2017
Unity beggar.
Atiku has absolutely nothing to offer other than to be at par with obj. Trash
Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 07, 2017
BluntBoy:

Is it only Christians that are getting killed? What about the herdsmen who are getting killed by rustlers? What about Muslims dying in Bornu?

Your post is exactly what is wrong with this country. Selfishness. What have you personally done for yourself? How many of your obligations as a Nigerian have you fulfilled?

Lastly, what is the assurance that an Igbo vice would do magic and end the killings?

I won't acknowledge the insults or the question about my obligation as a citizen. On the issue of the igbo vp, you and I both know that the igbo are a bit more vocal than my Yoruba people (counterproductive most times) and such igbo candidate would not stand and allow Christians to be massacred as they have for the past 2 years.
Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 10:10am On Sep 07, 2017
ZeeBaba17:
op, you don't need to tell us your choice except you are campaigning for Atiku(which I very much suspect) I just pray someone decent comes out by 2019 otherwise all these set of old school politicians are same-same
they are all the same. From the top to the grassroots. They are all the same. I think we should be thinking of how to flush them all out and not who to chose among them
Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 07, 2017
MISSCONGENIALITY:
and you think we should go back to those old politicians simply because they have made I'd difficult for neophyte to win elections.
You can go ahead and vote sir. It's your right

As a youth, why don't you come out and contest?

1 Like

Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 07, 2017
PentiumPro:

If you think writing thiefs instead of thieves is a tiny mistake at your age, then you have bigger issues than I thought. grin
Ok grin
Have a pleasant day

1 Like

Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by franksam2009: 10:12am On Sep 07, 2017
Complete their slot What slot is this man talking about? I swear you have no sense
Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 10:14am On Sep 07, 2017
Alcatraz005:

As a youth, why don't you come out and contest?
there are youths who are interested in politics sir. I'm not
Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by fk001(m): 10:14am On Sep 07, 2017
emmyspark007:
Northerners and born to rule mentality.

Osinbajo is better than atiku and buhari combined; god forbid make I stand for que vote for either buhari or atiku.

This present northern candidates are not qualified to rule this country. They have ruled for many years and have continued to rape and plunder our collective future.

So many northerners are not even Nigerians, a lot of them are from Niger and Chad. And unfortunately they are also hired to partake in voting. Not to even talk of the extra rigging of votes in the north and use of underage voters.

Men this country is in shambles

So what can you do about it?

Let me remind you out of the 18 years since democracy returned to Nigeria, I.e from 1999 to 2017 southerners ruled for 14 good years.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by Jflex07(m): 10:15am On Sep 07, 2017
PentiumPro:

Maybe yes, maybe no, but it still doesn't nullify my statement that some people are just experiencing their own breakthrough, go to the agric section and see the testimonies.
The era of free money and rent seeking by going to abuja to seek favour in Nigeria is dying, you must work to chop.
i get your point, but on the other hand, there's no or less playing ground for everyone, some section of the country are now more favoured than the rest, things have become more complex for the common man now

1 Like

Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by borntosuccess(m): 10:15am On Sep 07, 2017
i will vote 4 atiku anytime anyday over dat vegetable from daura

2 Likes

Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by ITbomb(m): 10:17am On Sep 07, 2017
bluecircle470:

You will suffer more under Atiku
Not my portion

Atiku has demonstrated good managerial skills, very accommodating to all ethnic groups and religion and in tune with modern reality.
He runs investments, foundation and even follows football

Buhari was a failure from Day 1. After being governor of a state, Head of state and Petroleum trust chief, he still borrowed money to buy form.
He shown that he is stuck in the past by that infamous West Germany statement.
I doubt if he knows whether BCC Lions of Gboko are still playing in the Nigeria League

3 Likes

Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by futurism: 10:19am On Sep 07, 2017
Alcatraz005:
I know I would get insulted and vilified for this post but I don't care! I will start with asking Nigerians, what do we have to lose? We have suffered so much for the past 2 years under Buhari's anti corruption government which is laced with ethnic bigotry, Fulani supremacy and the ascendancy of fundamentalist Islam.

Our igbo brothers have been over punished for making their choice at the polls and our nation is on the brink of collapse. In my personal opinion, if President Buhari is not running for 2019, I would advice that we go for Atiku Abubakar in 2019 to afford the north the opportunity of completing their slot. I work in the legal field and I have seen the mess that the Government has done in prosecuting the looters of our treasury. Not one successful conviction has been recorded! When Goodluck Jonathan was President, corruption was rife but at least Nigerians could feed better. The exchange rate never went beyond 200 and life was generally better. Now with the anti corruption Government, we can barely have 2 square meals in Nigeria. So I ask, what have Nigerians gained from this anti corruption adventure? I know that the general sentiment/view amongst Nigerians is that Alh. Atiku Abubakar is ultra corrupt but I put it to you that he is the only Northerner that can be acceptable to other Nigerians if President Buhari is not running for President in 2019. Atiku is detribalised, exposed, a liberal Muslim, wealthy(poverty alleviation ) and most important of all, we would all be able to enjoy Nigeria's money.

Do not be deceived, none of these elite folks love Nigerians! They are only there to help themselves and their families! So do not be drawn to their internal wars. Baba Obasanjo is reportedly against Atiku's Presidencial bid but he has only one vote. The choice is with the millions of Nigerians who feel the brunt of bad leadership. Do not allow these corrupt politicians to control our thought process. If we all know that they are all corrupt, why don't we vote for the one who would ensure that majority of Nigerians at least have a chance to enjoy our lives? I ask again, what do we have to lose? We are already ensnared in their wicked conspiracies anyways!

Finally, I root for Alh. Atiku Abubakar because the other major choices from the North would not do well for the unity of this country. Nasir El Rufai who is rumored to be gunning for the top post in 2019 is too fundamentalist and sectional in nature and he would be worse that the current government. He is a very brilliant man but he doesn't like Christians. Evidence abound of his actions towards people of other faith throughout his stewardship at the FCT and now Kaduna. A lot of Christians would not want him presiding over the affairs of this very diverse nation. The other candidate is Rabiu who has proven to be pro north in all his dealings. He has made it his mission to bail out hausas involved in ethnic fracas all over Nigeria. One does not need a soothing sayer to see what the country would be like under his Government. Alh. Atiku in my opinion still remains the best choice for President in the event that President Buhari is not running in 2019. If Nigerians are going to continue suffering, let us know what we are suffering for and decide to share in the goodies of our country once and for all! What is the use of an anti corruption crusade when Nigerians are starving and impoverished?

I know I would be insulted for this but this is my humble logomatim.

The suffer too much!
I stand with #Atiku2019

So, you are among the idiots who isn't tired of all these recycled garbage? Your likes are the problem in this country and that is why they need to be complete disintegration of Nigeria, once and for all.

I detest people like you. SPIT! angry
Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by BluntBoy(m): 10:19am On Sep 07, 2017
Alcatraz005:

I won't acknowledge the insults or the question about my obligation as a citizen. On the issue of the igbo vp, you and I both know that the igbo are a bit more vocal than my Yoruba people (counterproductive most times) and such igbo candidate would not stand and allow Christians to be massacred as they have for the past 2 years.

Igbos are more vocal? In what country, please? Was Dele Giwa Igbo? Was Gani Fawehinmi Igbo? Was Fela Igbo? Is Soyinka Igbo? How many fearless Igbo activists do you know? Can you give me two that were active during the military regimes of Babangida and Abacha. All the ones talking today cannot be regarded as fearless. As long as they all kept quiet during the military regimes and only got their strength during the civilian administrations, I can't regard them as fearless.

1 Like

Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by ITbomb(m): 10:24am On Sep 07, 2017
For those shouting youths, have you witnessed any SUG elections, have you seen how LG Chairmen run their council, have you seen how club and association members fight over money?

It's not about youth being President, any youth that can progress to party primary must be backed by an influential old guard and will such a youth have free hand in governance? No

Atiku is the only one that can break that cycle of Obasanjo and his gang holding Nigerians to ransom. Once that evil grip is lifted, youths can then aspire to the highest position independently.

Give it to Atiku

1 Like

Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by goodbobo: 10:24am On Sep 07, 2017
The writer of this post sounded very educated and well informed but I dont think he is been sincere or it could be he knows the truth but wanted to paint a very wrong picture to confuse the people or deceive them .
He mentioned that the economy was better during GEJ but failed to point it out that the main source of revenue which is OIL during GEJ was always higher than 100 dollars per barrel at least I cant authoritatively tell u that it was in 2012 2013 and 2014 . So how can u compare to this time that is just 50 dollars per barrel ( not even mentioning that it was as low as 28 dollars in 2016 ) .

It is just like comparing a father that earns 120 thousand naija as salary to a father that earns 40 thousand as salary . If he want to be truthful he should give kudos to Buhari administration for keep things together even in the very tough times .
Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by Tecno66: 10:26am On Sep 07, 2017
Alcatraz005:
An Igbo man should be nominated as Vice President. Osinbajo has not done anything forg me as a Yoruba man or a Christian sef. He stood by and allowed them kill many Christians. The man has no balls!
I agree with you. I am not igbo but I think the time has come to give them a sense of belonging by voting an igbo vee pee to allow the north finish their term. Moreover, Atiku is above 70 and a single term may just be okay for him to add to 8years as vp. If a younger northerner is put there, he may plunge the country into more crises by seeking a 2nd term after the 1st. This appears to be Atiku's appointed time. He is more detribilist than all the names being put forward. El Rufai is a no no no. If he cant fix southern Kaduna the way the likes of Makarfi handled it without noise, the he cant fix Nigeria. Any party that fields him will loose badly.

3 Likes

Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by fk001(m): 10:26am On Sep 07, 2017
repogirl:
Una Don start Abi? Atiku propaganda thread.

Where does it say in the constitution that the North must lead for two terms?

If Jonathan(South south) could be kicked out after one term, who da fúck is the North to remain there? undecided

Why is it that things of the North are always treated with such sensitivity? If we claim to be one Nigeria, then we should be fair to every region in Nigeria! angry

We have only two regions in Nigeria south and North.

South ruled for 8 years during obj,

yaradua supposed to ruled for good 8 years but unfortunately he didn't make it.

Then Gej another southerner spend another 6 years.

Luckily 2015 PMB came into power he suppose to serve for two tenures, but he said he will not contest come 2019 and you are expecting the northerners to hand over power to southerners?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Amaechi Clashed With Segun Sowunmi At Symposium (WATCH) / Nigeria Is Finished If Buhari Remains For Another 4 Years - Peter Obi / What Will Happen If Buhari Rejects Onnoghen’s Resignation – Clarke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.