Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,022 members, 7,807,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. (24463 Views)

Inside Story Of Buhari’s Battle With Atiku At Election Tribunal / President Buhari Meets With Atiku Bagudu, Kayode Fayemi And Udom Emmanuel / Oshiomhole, Obaseki, Ayiri Emami Running In Edo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by FriendNG: 11:59am On Sep 07, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
google search him.He wakaabout to bail dem boko boiz.

He has never bail boko boys. Give me the link that he bailed boko haram?

He only bailed northern community after mile 2 crisis which is good thing to do.
Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by bluecircle470: 11:59am On Sep 07, 2017
ITbomb:

Buhari who was an incorruptible Saint has taken everything.
Atiku is the lesser evil among the names I am seeing so far being peddled El Rufai, Kwankasa , etc.
Unless I see a fresh name, I'm for Atiku
I understand your position bro

Ok brother.
Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by ipobarecriminals: 12:01pm On Sep 07, 2017
FriendNG:

He has never bail boko boys. Give me the link that he bailed boko haram?

He only bailed northern community after mile 2 crisis which is good thing to do.
Agege nkoh,Ile ife nkoh
Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by Lordxeer(m): 12:03pm On Sep 07, 2017
sound like the submission of a very ignorant person
Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by PHILipu1(m): 12:12pm On Sep 07, 2017
Alcatraz005:
An Igbo man should be nominated as Vice President. Osinbajo has not done anything for me as a Yoruba man or a Christian sef. He stood by and allowed them kill many Christians. The man has no balls!
But how much were we selling a barrel of crude oil under Jonathan and how much are will selling it now?
How many states were able to pay salaries under Jonathan?
We are in all this mess because of Jonathan and his gang and things could have been worse than this if they were still incharge and their looting continue with crude oil price so low.

Even if you gather 100 Atikus on one ticket,Kwankwoso will defeat him talk more of Buhari.

All the northern politicians put together on a single ticket can not defeat Buhari.
Buharism is a religion on it's own when you go up north.
If Buhari will not contest,kwankwoso will defeat Atiku hands down.
Write it down.
Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by femolii: 12:22pm On Sep 07, 2017
Alcatraz005:
An Igbo man should be nominated as Vice President. Osinbajo has not done anything for me as a Yoruba man or a Christian sef. He stood by and allowed them kill many Christians. The man has no balls!
When jonathan was there christians died in the north too so correct your self.
Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by Elbowroom: 12:29pm On Sep 07, 2017
ChangetheChange:
cheesy

Whether Buhari runs or not

I am voting Atiku in 2019

Atiku 2019

We need tried and trusted successful Businessmen like Atiku or Dangote to run Nigeria not the vegetable called Buhari who has plummeted Nigeria into Recession at two different times as Head of State.

Bet atiku will be older than buhari by 2019

Thought your main issue with buhari was that he's old
So atiku is not old?
Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by PentiumPro(f): 12:31pm On Sep 07, 2017
Isobug:

Brainless being identified.. ...maybe you have been unconscious for the past two years

Keep waiting for the govt to feed you
Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by softy(m): 12:33pm On Sep 07, 2017
Alcatraz005:

I perfectly understand the logical inconsistency in the write up but Atiku is the only choice we have out of the hordes of corrupt politicians we have. The main hub of my message is that Nigerians are suffering and we need to survive before any Government attempts to make a change on our value system. Corruption is innate to the average Nigerian and it would take time for it to be eliminated. Besides, we are in a democracy and the judiciary would always act as a check to any act of executive recklessness.

We have started again, huh?

This was how some Nigerians started compare and contrast logic when preparing for 2015 election.

You claimed these people are contagiously corrupt, but still canvassing support for them!

what is wrong with some Nigerians? Why some people, though educated, love displaying "slavitude" passionately.

There is no problem in stating your opinion, but this opinion is very funny and not helping.

This generation(age 30- 45 years old) inherited these problems when they were little children, still at this age, we are still bent on transferring the same problems to our new children and unborn children.

Despite the incessant traveling of our leaders to different developed country, what have they brought home as development.

Must it be always old people?

Don't we have capable young people in Nigeria?. (Kogi state example is clearly an aberration to normal reasoning).

It is well with Nigeria and Nigerian.
Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by femolii: 12:42pm On Sep 07, 2017
anonymuz:
i think you've forgotten about their political romance between Hausas and Yoruba? That's what plunge Nigeria into this state of emergency.
Did you forget about zik and northerners political romance in 1960s too, the early political marriage of zik and north is the cause of problems southerners are facing till now no political unity and love among southerners.
Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by Manofvalor1: 12:52pm On Sep 07, 2017
if the political parties decide to zone power to the north,then i think aminu tambuwal would be the best northern candidate for nigeria,but if baba bubu buhari is running then methinks atiku would be a better option. our people say when two things are bad you chose the lesser bad one. in my opinion atiku is not more corrupt than other nigerian politicians(almost all nigerian politicians are corrupt),atiku is just being overcriticized and blackmailed by an overpained obj who got his third term ambition shattered by atiku.what nigerian needs is a perfomer and a unifier and i think 4 now atiku is our best choice 4rm d north.
Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by Nobody: 1:04pm On Sep 07, 2017
PHILipu1:

But how much were we selling a barrel of crude oil under Jonathan and how much are will selling it now?
How many states were able to pay salaries under Jonathan?
We are in all this mess because of Jonathan and his gang and things could have been worse than this if they were still incharge and their looting continue with crude oil price so low.

Even if you gather 100 Atikus on one ticket,Kwankwoso will defeat him talk more of Buhari.

All the northern politicians put together on a single ticket can not defeat Buhari.
Buharism is a religion on it's own when you go up north.
If Buhari will not contest,kwankwoso will defeat Atiku hands down.
Write it down.

We shall see then! You would tell me if it is only Muslims/northerners that would vote.
Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 07, 2017
Manofvalor1:
if the political parties decide to zone power to the north,then i think aminu tambuwal would be the best northern candidate for nigeria,but if baba bubu buhari is running then methinks atiku would be a better option. our people say when two things are bad you chose the lesser bad one. in my opinion atiku is not more corrupt than other nigerian politicians(almost all nigerian politicians are corrupt),atiku is just being overcriticized and blackmailed by an overpained obj who got his third term ambition shattered by atiku.what nigerian needs is a perfomer and a unifier and i think 4 now atiku is our best choice 4rm d north.

God bless you! We don't need Islamic extremists as Preseident in Nigeria again! We Christians have suffered too much!
Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by Acidosis(m): 1:09pm On Sep 07, 2017
Come 2019, I will vote for Atiku Abubakar unless of course we get a better candidate with business and investment foresight. As for radical politicians without commonsense, I'll spit on their dirty heads.

Atiku is a very knowledgeable man, well exposed, liberal and sensible.

If you have not created more jobs than Atiku in the private sector, I won't vote for you. I'm tired of dormant herdsmen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by PHILipu1(m): 1:10pm On Sep 07, 2017
Alcatraz005:

We shall see then! You would tell me if it is only Muslims/northerners that would vote.
You are funny.
Christians will vote and Muslim will vote too.
Was it only Muslims that voted Buhari in 2015?
I'm a Christian from south-south but i voted him in 2015 and i will still vote come 2019.
If not for Mr integrity,most of us would have be refugees in other countries by now.
Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by 4FACEADELEKE(m): 1:11pm On Sep 07, 2017
LordAdam16:

Everybody including APC members knew Buhari would use the 97-5 percentage phrase. If you didn't know, you're dumber than I thought.

Buhari is a bigot. His escapades in Ogun is well documented. His utterances before the election is well documented.

El-Rufai and Kwankwaso are Buhari 2.0. Kwankwaso is worse. He was the one who procured bail for the boy that abducted and married under-aged Ese that caused all the ruckus sometime last year. He was the one that also bailed the Mile 12 Fulani suspects in Lagos. Any Southerner that votes for either of those men including Buhari deserves to face a firing squad.

Atiku has NEVER acted or spoken like a bigot.

Is he corrupt? Yes. So is every other candidate running including Buhari.

With Atiku you know what to expect and have it in mind that he'd at least do something, not the current d*psh*t cow rearer who doesn't know his left from right. Let Atiku pick Obi as his vice (Duke would have been preferable, but he is from the SS and it's time for SE to get their shot).

I have more faith in Atiku than any other Northern candidate.

-Lord
I love you bro.You are a true realist.
Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 07, 2017
Asu015:
IF BUHARI IS CONTESTING IN 2019, atiku has two options
1.Save his money and contest in 2023 and he wil hv many supporters then Or
2.exit APC as he won't win primaries statistically speaking, join pdp, waste his money ,and suffer a rigorous defeat.................. which is what obasanjo wants

Obasanjo is not God. He should leave Nigeria/Nigerians alone!

1 Like

Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by me69: 1:13pm On Sep 07, 2017
Who will vote Atiku, he can't gather the masses like buhari
Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 07, 2017
Alcatraz005:
I know I would get insulted and vilified for this post but I don't care! I will start with asking Nigerians, what do we have to lose? We have suffered so much for the past 2 years under Buhari's anti corruption government which is laced with ethnic bigotry, Fulani supremacy and the ascendancy of fundamentalist Islam.

Our igbo brothers have been over punished for making their choice at the polls and our nation is on the brink of collapse. In my personal opinion, if President Buhari is not running for 2019, I would advice that we go for Atiku Abubakar in 2019 to afford the north the opportunity of completing their slot. I work in the legal field and I have seen the mess that the Government has done in prosecuting the looters of our treasury. Not one successful conviction has been recorded! When Goodluck Jonathan was President, corruption was rife but at least Nigerians could feed better. The exchange rate never went beyond 200 and life was generally better. Now with the anti corruption Government, we can barely have 2 square meals in Nigeria. So I ask, what have Nigerians gained from this anti corruption adventure? I know that the general sentiment/view amongst Nigerians is that Alh. Atiku Abubakar is ultra corrupt but I put it to you that he is the only Northerner that can be acceptable to other Nigerians if President Buhari is not running for President in 2019. Atiku is detribalised, exposed, a liberal Muslim, wealthy(poverty alleviation ) and most important of all, we would all be able to enjoy Nigeria's money.

Do not be deceived, none of these elite folks love Nigerians! They are only there to help themselves and their families! So do not be drawn to their internal wars. Baba Obasanjo is reportedly against Atiku's Presidencial bid but he has only one vote. The choice is with the millions of Nigerians who feel the brunt of bad leadership. Do not allow these corrupt politicians to control our thought process. If we all know that they are all corrupt, why don't we vote for the one who would ensure that majority of Nigerians at least have a chance to enjoy our lives? I ask again, what do we have to lose? We are already ensnared in their wicked conspiracies anyways!

Finally, I root for Alh. Atiku Abubakar because the other major choices from the North would not do well for the unity of this country. Nasir El Rufai who is rumored to be gunning for the top post in 2019 is too fundamentalist and sectional in nature and he would be worse that the current government. He is a very brilliant man but he doesn't like Christians. Evidence abound of his actions towards people of other faith throughout his stewardship at the FCT and now Kaduna. A lot of Christians would not want him presiding over the affairs of this very diverse nation. The other candidate is Rabiu who has proven to be pro north in all his dealings. He has made it his mission to bail out hausas involved in ethnic fracas all over Nigeria. One does not need a soothing sayer to see what the country would be like under his Government. Alh. Atiku in my opinion still remains the best choice for President in the event that President Buhari is not running in 2019. If Nigerians are going to continue suffering, let us know what we are suffering for and decide to share in the goodies of our country once and for all! What is the use of an anti corruption crusade when Nigerians are starving and impoverished?

I know I would be insulted for this but this is my humble logomatim.

The suffer too much!
I stand with #Atiku2019
we will not only resist El Rufai and Kwankwaso but we will resist any party or politician that promote them. Awon were they gave us bigotted Buhari/Daura...instead of speaking out against bigotry they kept quiet, some of them out of fear of being victimized relocated
Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by Nobody: 3:33pm On Sep 07, 2017
blackfase:
Ori gbogbo yin ti daru. Ko baje fun gambari.

Fulani herdsmen never kill una finish. As for me and the sane ones down South, #notoborntorule.

Id rather waste my vote on a green horn/ non-establishment politician from the South. Screw one nanjiriya to hades!

Southern mumus, shiorrr!
Blackfase my nigga. Been receiving mentions. Just came out of Nl prison.
Can you imagine the thrash and pure bunkum from these slaves?
Honestly, I never thought an article like this trash could come from the op,as I knew him to be a pro Yoruba cum southerner. See as Southerners falling over themselves - from one Fulani to another. Chai...This slavery no be here ooo. Yorubas love their chains and gone are the days when I'm perturbed. These days I don't lose sleep over it and Yorubas don't even know that they're going down everyday. all they think is APC PDP. have you seen the recent waec performance? I don't care again about the SW. Each Man is own. I rest my case
Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by LordAdam16: 3:54pm On Sep 07, 2017
wristbangle:

I can't believe it is you Lordadam16 talking. I'm so disappointed you could have faith in Atiku (can you list one achievement of him when he was a vp) . I am not against Obi as VP, truly SE deserves a shot.

I just pity you and your cohort rooting for these recycled old baboons.

Good luck to you guys going back to eat your vomit.

As for me, buhari and atiku are not a good fit for presidency candidate.

Sit down there dey root for another failure.

Mind you, you don't need to be dishing insult by labelling me as someone "dumb". You can lay your argument in a constructive way.

Hold on tight, this would be a long one.

Before I answer your question, let's do a quick overview of the Nigerian political landscape.

By 2019, our democracy would be only 20 years old. We practice a centralized representative democracy riddled with tinges of regionalism, ethnicism, religionism, and corruption. In such a democracy, you're NEVER going to get ideal presidential candidates.

Even in the US, people had to choose between Clinton (a sniveling crook) and Trump (a rummaging hothead) in 2015. In 2008, it was between McCain (riding on the wave of being a war hero and nothing more) and Obama (riding on populist, fluffy, pie in the sky ideas that are far removed from reality).

In 2015, we had to choose between GEJ and Buhari. I went with GEJ, not because he is ideal or perfect for the job, but because of who he was contesting against. Against a Donald Duke or Shehu Sani, GEJ doesn't measure up.

You have to work with what you have (or are presented with). And I'm convinced that between Buhari, Atiku, Kwankwaso, el-Rufai, Lamido, and the other main presidential hopefuls in the North, Atiku is the better choice. I'm choosing a bad apple from a basket of rotten apples.

A Shehu Sani would never get the requisite support. Ditto for Nuhu Ribadu or even Sanusi.

In the South, better candidates like Donald Duke, Obi, Iweala, Adesina, even Osinbajo (even tho I detest him) don't stand a chance in hell of displacing the candidates that'd be at the front line in 2019 for varied reasons. The main one being that a southerner can't win the 2019 presidential elections. That much was made certain when Buhari won in 2015.

That said, I'd answer your question.

"What were his achievements as VP?"

This is a trick question, because VPs in Nigeria don't have achievements. They don't get the chance to make an impact, because they're basically spare tires. If you want to talk about Osinbajo, recall he was made Acting President twice, one of which was for 3 whole months plus. Even then, his powers were limited, so as not to offend the big man on a sick bed.

If you want to talk about Atiku's achievements, look at his private life. He started INTELS before he became the governor of Adamawa State in 1998, barely lasting a year before OBJ asked him to be his running mate.

Prior to that, he placed third in the SDP primaries that Abiola won for the 1993 election. He retired as a Deputy Director (second-in-command) of Customs in 1989 and veered into business and politics.

Call him corrupt, because there are hardly ever saints in the top echelon of the civil service, but he used his corrupt proceeds to good effect to establish the largest oil and gas logistics company in the 90's. Obasanjo opened a university with corrupt proceeds, Atiku did too, but between Bells and AUN, which is better?

The man is a serial capitalist and an experienced detribalized politician, unlike a certain corrupt bigot who retired as a Major General, ruled as a dictator, and became a PTF chairman and was only able to set up a ranch with less than 150 cows. 150 cows? Same less than 150 cows for over two decades with ZERO improvement. And you campaigned for that certain someone to become a President.

Atiku has contributed more to the economy as a private citizen than all the other Northern presidential hopefuls combined.

If you're saying Atiku would be a failure, I'd retort that he can't do worse than any of the other Presidential hopefuls including the incumbent. I don't expect him to perform as well as Lee Kuan Yew. I'm not saying he is the best thing since sliced bread. If you say that's not enough in an ideal setting, I'd wholeheartedly agree. But we aren't talking about ideals, we are talking about Nigeria.

Buhari just threw all the gains (small as they were) we've made since 1999 on the altar of a vindictive crusade without recording any meaningful progress. If anything, Atiku would bridge the gap Buhari widened between both regions and reignite the economy that Buhari shattered with his careless utterances and postures.

If you're looking for a perfect presidential candidate, go to Switzerland where people get to directly vote on policies as well as candidates. This is Nigeria in 2017, stop looking for miracles and saints, you'd only find another repackaged wolf in sheep's clothing like the g**t in Aso Rock.

-Lord

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by Redhot111(m): 4:06pm On Sep 07, 2017
If it's just going to be between the two, I will rather vote 4 atiku. But I hope there will be a better candidate
Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by Adminisher: 4:19pm On Sep 07, 2017
Atiku is a very BAD idea. It would even be better to go back to Jonathan as weak, dunce and corrupt as he is than Atiku. He has too many conflicts of interests. His companies are doing too much business with FG and oil companies. Corruption is 100% sure with Atiku.
Please young people should stop buying the stupid argument that Buhari is not business friendly or competent in economics so we should put a corrupt man in government. Corrupt people are the worst for the economy and not everybody who calls himself a successful businessman in Nigeria is a good business man or administrator. Half of the rich people in Nigeria are not smarter opr more competent than you and me.People are jobbing young Nigerians big time and what they want is to eat your future. They will eat it and you will praise them doing it.
People in Nigeria should ask the "so what" questions.
Our mumu is do. Pardon the English.

1 Like

Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by liRichy(f): 4:31pm On Sep 07, 2017
2019 if there is no better candidate buhari will still remain our president and for atiku i pray he gets pdp ticket thats makes things easy for APC to continue
Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 07, 2017
Let them allow youths to rule, we are tired of these old men.
Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by poseidon12: 5:29pm On Sep 07, 2017
On point. Right now, I believe Atiku would be the best candidate for this country come 2019. Like you I believe the North should be allowed to complete their two terms. And we don't need a tribalist as President of an ethnically diverse country like Nigeria.
Another thing that impresses me about Atiku is his clear and unequivocal support for restructuring. He understands how important restructuring is for Nigerian progress.
Even if Buhari is running in 2019, my support will be for Atiku.

1 Like

Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by markfemisgay: 5:40pm On Sep 07, 2017
We are waiting.
Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by benji93: 6:00pm On Sep 07, 2017
Alcatraz005:
I know I would get insulted and vilified for this post but I don't care! I will start with asking Nigerians, what do we have to lose? We have suffered so much for the past 2 years under Buhari's anti corruption government which is laced with ethnic bigotry, Fulani supremacy and the ascendancy of fundamentalist Islam.

Our igbo brothers have been over punished for making their choice at the polls and our nation is on the brink of collapse. In my personal opinion, if President Buhari is not running for 2019, I would advice that we go for Atiku Abubakar in 2019 to afford the north the opportunity of completing their slot. I work in the legal field and I have seen the mess that the Government has done in prosecuting the looters of our treasury. Not one successful conviction has been recorded! When Goodluck Jonathan was President, corruption was rife but at least Nigerians could feed better. The exchange rate never went beyond 200 and life was generally better. Now with the anti corruption Government, we can barely have 2 square meals in Nigeria. So I ask, what have Nigerians gained from this anti corruption adventure? I know that the general sentiment/view amongst Nigerians is that Alh. Atiku Abubakar is ultra corrupt but I put it to you that he is the only Northerner that can be acceptable to other Nigerians if President Buhari is not running for President in 2019. Atiku is detribalised, exposed, a liberal Muslim, wealthy(poverty alleviation ) and most important of all, we would all be able to enjoy Nigeria's money.

Do not be deceived, none of these elite folks love Nigerians! They are only there to help themselves and their families! So do not be drawn to their internal wars. Baba Obasanjo is reportedly against Atiku's Presidencial bid but he has only one vote. The choice is with the millions of Nigerians who feel the brunt of bad leadership. Do not allow these corrupt politicians to control our thought process. If we all know that they are all corrupt, why don't we vote for the one who would ensure that majority of Nigerians at least have a chance to enjoy our lives? I ask again, what do we have to lose? We are already ensnared in their wicked conspiracies anyways!

Finally, I root for Alh. Atiku Abubakar because the other major choices from the North would not do well for the unity of this country. Nasir El Rufai who is rumored to be gunning for the top post in 2019 is too fundamentalist and sectional in nature and he would be worse that the current government. He is a very brilliant man but he doesn't like Christians. Evidence abound of his actions towards people of other faith throughout his stewardship at the FCT and now Kaduna. A lot of Christians would not want him presiding over the affairs of this very diverse nation. The other candidate is Rabiu who has proven to be pro north in all his dealings. He has made it his mission to bail out hausas involved in ethnic fracas all over Nigeria. One does not need a soothing sayer to see what the country would be like under his Government. Alh. Atiku in my opinion still remains the best choice for President in the event that President Buhari is not running in 2019. If Nigerians are going to continue suffering, let us know what we are suffering for and decide to share in the goodies of our country once and for all! What is the use of an anti corruption crusade when Nigerians are starving and impoverished?

I know I would be insulted for this but this is my humble logomatim.

The suffer too much!
I stand with #Atiku2019
Bullshit, if Atiku is the best that Nigeria can produce, then we better dissolve this country. I am finding it hard to comprehend the customary rule that the presidency must alternate between North and South, this only lends credence to the distrust that has brewed over,how can this country still exist as a whole while the distrust between us is brewing over.If the Northerners can trust the southerners with the presidency for more than 8 years and vice versal, then we are really dumb to think that staying together while the present system of government persists is the best thing for us.Wait ooo, did you just mention wealth as 1 of repertoire of reasons that makes Atiku a worthy choice. If you think the wealthy never aggrandize more wealth then you are still slumbering away.In fact wealthy people are probably better equiped to loot without traces.Poor people loot sloppily, it is only in a comatose state such as Nigeria that we are unable to implement an effective anti-corruption campaign.It is only in a shamble country like this 1, that layered solutions are built inwardly.Like a hen does to it's chicks, the federal government takes charge of all the proceeds from all produce, and partitions a part of it into small bits, and then says oya my chicks come ooo, iwo Nassarawa take small, iwo ogun state take small, iwo ekiti(meanwhile that 1 try, he buys rice and beans for residents of his state,mtcheew nonsense) take small,iwo akwa ibom take small.What nonsense!.disgraceful and pitiful.I would prefer the state government run the federal government and not the other way round,but given that the location of our most valued natural resource is lop-sided, development and/or revenue embezzlement would be too lop-sided as well. That's not healthy. we develop and steal together.So the federal government could be incharge, but no responsible would keep funding the adventures of a prodigal son.No responsible federal government will keep funding an unproductive state.I don't care what the population of kano is, if kano state does not make progress in projects to which funds have been allocated,limit funds allocated to them to 0 as their unbridled non-execution approaches infinity, until they learn some sense.You don't give an habitually wayward child a pat on the back, you slap correction into his head.And the allocation of funds to multiple grand projects only serves the purpose of stimulating people to believe, you are here to work, it is not a healthy way of executing projects.You need only 1 earmark, gbam, den complete am.You don't allocate funds just to start a project, if you cannot complete it.If Nigerians cannot elect leaders unless they talk up their ambition of completing 10-20 projects, then we deserve all that is coming to us. This will help us better monitor their shoddy dealings as well,if Mr lagbaja decides to serve his country as the president, he presents the blue print for 1 grand project, for example, building massive solar panels across the country.He tells you that ooo, it will take 3 years and so so money to complete this project.Everyone concentrates on this.The experts weigh the viability of this project within the time frame, and the funds required and decide if lagbaja really deserves the benefit of the doubt.He is elected if it is worth it, after the project, he decides to commence another project, he says, ooo senate and Nigerians at large, i would embark on revamping the facilities in our schools, i won't be able to complete it, i only have a year before the next general election, but he presents a blue print, and a progress pre-report, the senate evaluates it, if they find it viable, they hold him accountable to it.If he doesn't, then you have a reason to probe the execution for corruption.Since the projects are passed as bills, then the senate must make sure the suceeding government completes the project.D ont settle for medicrity.I have too much to say.Out i go.Nigerians think..............................................................

1 Like

Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by okenta2017: 6:06pm On Sep 07, 2017
ITbomb:
If Atiku is nominated by PDP, I will campaign with all my resources for him
whether Atiku is nominated under APC or PDP it really doesn't make any different, what we want is somebody who can unit us under a restructured Nigeria. Presently this government has brought a lot of disunity in the country by trying to muscle every body with Northern controlled army. While implementing their hidden agenda that does no one any good.
Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by UnimkeAk(m): 6:47pm On Sep 07, 2017
emmyspark007:

I tell you bro..They are truly zombies in our midst.
Buhari, atiku el rufai and kwankwaso don't deserve to rule nigeria.
A southerner needs to rule this time around because southerners are less tribalistic and aren't religious bigots..heck osinbajo is even more qualified than all this northern candidates, not to talk of smart men like pat utomi etc

Men na to find way leave this country o.
This country's future has been raped; angola, ghana, south africa, tunisia are better than us even Ethiopia and kenya don dey better pass us..We are only giants of africa for mouth and population

Please o not pat utomi ooo,
That guy na only to write paper him sabi o, cannot show working.

Except una want me to break up my gf and soon to be wife go marry 80yrs old white woman for green card
Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by FriendNG: 7:04pm On Sep 07, 2017
tonio2wo:

what did sambo do as a vp?, what did osibanjo do as a vp when buhari was on ground?

sambo did nothing. Osinbanjo do represent the president very well.
Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by edupedia: 10:16pm On Sep 07, 2017
ChangetheChange:
cheesy

Whether Buhari runs or not

I am voting Atiku in 2019

Atiku 2019

We need tried and trusted successful Businessmen like Atiku or Dangote to run Nigeria not the vegetable called Buhari who has plummeted Nigeria into Recession at two different times as Head of State.

...dont worry cos your vote will be wasted....e3fen sef Evans will get more votes than the senior tief of Nigeria...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2019 Election: We Regret Returning To APC – Olusola Oke, Supporters​ / What Will Happen If Buhari Rejects Onnoghen’s Resignation – Clarke / True Meaning Of Nigeria Coat Of Arms Reveal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.