Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / .. (625 Views)

Alhaji Lai Mohammed And NBC Should Stop The Unnecessary Attack On Dstv / Eze Blasts Atiku's Lawyers, Media Aides For Luring Atiku Into The Unnecessary Ba / PDP Governors Meet In Abuja, As Fayose Steps Out In Youthful Attire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

.. by Nobody: 6:27am On Sep 07, 2017

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: .. by commoditiesnig: 6:55am On Sep 07, 2017
Op, well said message. I hope we all learn.

What has made it worse is how insults and name calling have become order of the day on this forum - afonja, Yoruba Muslims, iPods, etc.

May God help us all.
Re: .. by T4taiwo(m): 7:07am On Sep 07, 2017
Well said, the should be an eye opener to our tribalistic brothers who derive joy and happines in promoting hateful speech..

1 Like

Re: .. by commoditiesnig: 10:27am On Sep 07, 2017
T4taiwo:
Well said, the should be an eye opener to our tribalistic brothers who derive joy and happines in promoting hateful speech..
True talk
Re: .. by NothingDoMe: 10:29am On Sep 07, 2017
You are part of the problem of this country by hiding under the guise of trying to stop hate messages and succinctly passing on the message that we should leave PMB alone.

That's not going to be possible because he has not been an effective leader. All he understands is military might. Why not go and tell him to disarm the fulani herdsmen? Why not go tell him to bring the killer's amongst them to book?

People are dying everyday under his treacherous rule and flagrant disregard for due democratic processes and you are here to do media propaganda.

Nonsense.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: .. by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 07, 2017
@NothingDoMe,

Baba its the BITTER TRUTH I've just stated o. Do you think there's any perfect leadership/ government anywhere, absolutely No!

Look at what Obama did in US, he was still being criticized. Or is it the Ex-Governor of my state of origin, Oshiomole who transformed all primary & secondary schools in Edo; even tarred kilometres of Road in my town, a PDP stronghold!! He was still criticized.

You & I can write & 'wail' all we want from now till eternity, it doesn't change anything.

I'm not holding brief for PMB or anyone ok; I'm a young Nigerian who takes responsibility for my life, family, career & business.

MY STAND IS THAT OUR POWER & GREVIANCE SHOULD BE IN OUR VOTES, & NOT WASTING OUR LIVES ONLINE SPREADING & PROPAGATING HATE..

Cheers
Re: .. by NothingDoMe: 11:46am On Sep 07, 2017
@pineed

Which votes do you speak of? The one heavily marred by irregularities? It's better to write than to vote. At least the whole world can read what is written.

Majority of Nigerians are annoyed with this current government. Buhari has pissed off Nigerians and he must dance to the music. Thank you for your concern but don't worry about our "wailing".

Let his corruption fighting and economic policies translate to better lives for Nigerians. He would naturally garner more supporters. No propaganda can prevail against good visible works.
Re: .. by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 08, 2017
NothingDoMe:
@pineed

Which votes do you speak of? The one heavily marred by irregularities? It's better to write than to vote. At least the whole world can read what is written.

Majority of Nigerians are annoyed with this current government. Buhari has pissed off Nigerians and he must dance to the music. Thank you for your concern but don't worry about our "wailing".

Let his corruption fighting and economic policies translate to better lives for Nigerians. He would naturally garner more supporters. No propaganda can prevail against good visible works.

Good day,
You talk as if you represent 'the people' or majority of Nigerians, speak for yourself bro.

As a well meaning Nigeria youth I know what got us here... Waste, Profligacy, income loss & lack of savings. We're all bearing the brunt now & must work to get over the situation.

We only cry about the Center/PMB, but have totally forgot our State Governments, who are meant to be directly responsible to us.

May I ask:
1) WHO/WHERE IS OUR STATE GOVERNOR, SENATOR, FEDERAL REPRESENTATIVE, STATE REPS, LOCAL GOVT. CHAIRMAN?

2) WHAT ACTIONS, POLICIES & DEVELOPMENT HAS OUR STATES DONE/BEEN PUTTING IN PLACE TO BETTER OUR LIVES.

3) WITH THE FUNDS BOTH GENERATED INTERNALLY AND MONTHLY ALLOCATIONS REGULARLY SENT FROM THE CENTER, HOW HAVE YOUR STATE GOVERNORS BETTER YOUR LOTS VIA SALARY PAYMENT, INFRASTRUCTURE, PUBLIC UTILITIES, ETC?

Look at states like Lagos how it has worked hard on improving IGR thru efficient IRS, been able to put up infrastructures, facilities & several projects. Partnering with Kebbi state to provide LAKE rice at Affordable rate of 12k. Also workers salaries are not owed. LAGOS HAS BECOME THE 4TH LARGEST ECONOMY IN AFRICA, ALL BY LOOKING INWARDS & EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT.

Other states like Edo, Kebbi, Ogun, Anambra, Ebonyi, Awka Ibom, Osun, Ebonyi, etc have been doing same to giving better lives to their people. THEY HAVE TAKEN RESPONSIBILITY.

Ask yourself, why are certain states including your state still owning salaries, even after the FG have severally sent them BAIL OUT FUNDS, PARIS CLUB FUNDS & MONTHLY ALLOCATIONS.

Let's be true to ourselves, unless some persons personally hate PMB.
Re: .. by commoditiesnig: 10:43am On Sep 08, 2017
pineed:

Good day,
You talk as if you represent 'the people' or majority of Nigerians, speak for yourself bro.

As a well meaning Nigeria youth I know what got us here... Waste, Profligacy, income loss & lack of savings. We're all bearing the brunt now & must work to get over the situation.

We only cry about the Center/PMB, but have totally forgot our State Governments, who are meant to be directly responsible to us.

May I ask:
1) WHO/WHERE IS OUR STATE GOVERNOR, SENATOR, FEDERAL REPRESENTATIVE, STATE REPS, LOCAL GOVT. CHAIRMAN?

2) WHAT ACTIONS, POLICIES & DEVELOPMENT HAS OUR STATES DONE/BEEN PUTTING IN PLACE TO BETTER OUR LIVES.

3) WITH THE FUNDS BOTH GENERATED INTERNALLY AND MONTHLY ALLOCATIONS REGULARLY SENT FROM THE CENTER, HOW HAVE YOUR STATE GOVERNORS BETTER YOUR LOTS VIA SALARY PAYMENT, INFRASTRUCTURE, PUBLIC UTILITIES, ETC?

Look at states like Lagos how it has worked hard on improving IGR thru efficient IRS, been able to put up infrastructures, facilities & several projects. Partnering with Kebbi state to provide LAKE rice at Affordable rate of 12k. Also workers salaries are not owed. LAGOS HAS BECOME THE 4TH LARGEST ECONOMY IN AFRICA, ALL BY LOOKING INWARDS & EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT.

Other states like Edo, Kebbi, Ogun, Anambra, Ebonyi, Awka Ibom, Osun, Ebonyi, etc have been doing same to giving better lives to their people. THEY HAVE TAKEN RESPONSIBILITY.

Ask yourself, why are certain states including your state still owning salaries, even after the FG have severally sent them BAIL OUT FUNDS, PARIS CLUB FUNDS & MONTHLY ALLOCATIONS.

Let's be true to ourselves, unless some persons personally hate PMB.

Spot on!
We need to focus more at the State Govt. level & hold our immediate leaders accountable.

See how some South South governments have failed in the past even with the huge Revenues both from FG and internal. Not to mention the SE state governments. Its a shame!
Re: .. by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:08am On Sep 08, 2017
Bro u ve just said it the way it is. Let our youths keep wailing,shouting ,fighting ourselves,calling ourselves unprintable names like afonja,iPod,unity beggars, Nd all sort of things they can think of while our so called governments laugh at us,smile to the bank,secure the future of their children Nd loot everything lootable. Let us keep fighting ourselves Nd let our common enemies be seeing us as fools. Thank u so much for ur write up

1 Like

Re: .. by kettykin: 11:21am On Sep 08, 2017
Is it PMB from a then relatively unknown town - Daura in Kastina to serve in the military, fought in many wars, rose to become General, State Governor, Petroleum Minister, former military Head of State, now President of the most greatest black nation in the world.

Please with all due respect which are the wars did PMB fight biko

1 Like

Re: .. by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 08, 2017
JONNYSPUTE:
Bro u ve just said it the way it is. Let our youths keep wailing,shouting ,fighting ourselves,calling ourselves unprintable names like afonja,iPod,unity beggars, Nd all sort of things they can think of while our so called governments laugh at us,smile to the bank,secure the future of their children Nd loot everything lootable. Let us keep fighting ourselves Nd let our common enemies be seeing us as fools. Thank u so much for ur write up
You welcome bro. Help me tell our fellow youths o.. High time we all stop being foolish & get serious with our lives.

(1) (Reply)

"He Should Run In 2019 To Finish What He Started" - Buhari’s Childhood Classmate / President Muhammadu Buhari's Divided Presidency..... / We Were Still Unable To Make It Out Of Nigeria ...nnamdi Kanu Aide-de-camp!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.