Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,763 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? (9381 Views)

My First Miracle After I Received The Holy Spirit / Winners Chapel: We Have Received 36 Testimonies Of Healing Of Coronavirus Plague / Samuel Akinbodunse: "Why God Changed My Prophecy On Buhari’s Death" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by bullabong(m): 9:58am On Sep 10, 2017
victor44843:
Here's mine:
Before receiving the Holy Spirit, i was a guy that loves the things of this world, though i was a Christian and i also go to church
I was a hypocrite

Until that great day that the Holy Spirit took over me smiley Many things changed about me, here are few of them:

I eat less
I left programming and focus on God
I spend more time telling people about Christ
I'm not always angry anymore
I don't chat again(unless someone needs my help)
I stopped listening to worldly musics
I'm not addicted to internet anymore...etc

Share your own
Then your end is near. No be only holy spirit.
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by mrphysics(m): 10:04am On Sep 10, 2017
Truflame:
We can only receive the Power of the Holy Spirit, not the Holy Spirit Himself.
Bros, stop using philosophy to interpret the word of God. The Bible said you shall receive power after the Holy Spirit comes "on" you.
Or do you want us to go through documentaries?

1 Like

Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 10, 2017
victor44843:
Here's mine:
Before receiving the Holy Spirit, i was a guy that loves the things of this world, though i was a Christian and i also go to church
I was a hypocrite

Until that great day that the Holy Spirit took over me smiley Many things changed about me, here are few of them:

I eat less

Share your own

Ur a greater hypocrite now than before.
May God have mercy on u.grin
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by demsid(m): 10:20am On Sep 10, 2017
I have been taking different spirit n vodka. I don't know which one is the holy one but I know I must AV taken it cos I have a wide range of it

1 Like

Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by mecussey(m): 10:26am On Sep 10, 2017
paiz:
From six bottles to just two bottles
u sure say no be money falaba...beer can chop money.
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by cjfbn: 10:59am On Sep 10, 2017
Op.
You cannot receive the Holy Spirit.
Rather you can receive the power of the Holy Spirit.
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by TundeHashim(m): 11:21am On Sep 10, 2017
fanatics!
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by Joseunlimited(f): 11:42am On Sep 10, 2017
Peace in every direction

Everything has changed
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by Defcon1(m): 12:02pm On Sep 10, 2017
joff2:
I give glory to God...

Eversince I started experiencing the Holy Spirit; I've noticed a lot of changes

1. I have more courage and confidence in myself
2. Thoughts of inferiority has been miltigated
3. I have receive knowledge and wisdom on life in general (how to go about thing etc)
4. I experience some supernatural events once in a while.

grin grin God is Good!
I hope for greater manifestation of the Holy Spirit!

Please, can you share how you encountered the holy spirit, the things you felt inside you that convinced you it was the spirit at work.
I really want to be like the new you.
Thanks.
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 10, 2017
darnley16:
indoctrinated minds everywhere, they only run to Christ when they feel they've failed in life and believing Christ loves them gives them this sense of well being,God is not even a name but a Title , Jesus wasn't the messiahs name if he did exist as J was only added to the English alphabet 400years ago , I wonder this 'Jesus' who responds and changes you when you don't even know his name

His name was Yeshua.

Educate yourself
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 10, 2017
victor44843:
Here's mine:
I was a hypocrite

I eat less

Share your own

You are so stupid that I'm actually surprised. Even for a Nigerian, your stupidity is monumental.

You left programming, a verified source of livelihood and a rare skill in Nigeria, along with all forms of communication that could make you even better than you are, so that you could listen to an imaginary voice telling you to give 10% of money you no longer have?

If I were your father, I for kill you myself..

1 Like

Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by olawonder(m): 12:52pm On Sep 10, 2017
Holy spirit In Nigeria... are kidding me?
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by Suspect33(m): 12:59pm On Sep 10, 2017
victor44843:
Here's mine:
I was a hypocrite

I eat less

Share your own
Brother after recieving the baptism, when witnessing, the words you spoke were they yours, did you experience difficulty or the words were given to you as you keep preaching
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by Suspect33(m): 1:01pm On Sep 10, 2017
joff2:
I give glory to God...

Eversince I started experiencing the Holy Spirit; I've noticed a lot of changes

1. I have more courage and confidence in myself
2. Thoughts of inferiority has been miltigated
3. I have receive knowledge and wisdom on life in general (how to go about thing etc)
4. I experience some supernatural events once in a while.

grin grin God is Good!
I hope for greater manifestation of the Holy Spirit!
victor44843:
Here's mine:
I was a hypocrite

I eat less

Share your own
Brother after recieving the baptism, when witnessing, the words you spoke were they yours, did you experience difficulty or the words were given to you as you keep preaching
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by RobinHez(m): 1:10pm On Sep 10, 2017
The Spirit made u leave programming?? Why na... That's a good skill people are looking for.
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by contease(m): 1:46pm On Sep 10, 2017
@victor44843, have u heard the sarcastic saying, "to whom brain is given, sense is expected"? because I am wondering what/how the creator of man would be feeling towards some of our thinking pattern, what man is influencing man into in the name of religion...

Would you take your time and particularly be open minded to read this through ( https://www.nairaland.com/4000489/does-god-interfere-human-race ) and let me see your reaction here if you don't mind. U left lots of things including Programming lots of persons are pain-stakingly paying and struggling to learn because.... Is it not meant to be a natural gift of life for u to take advantage of? Am not saying u must, but again, I am wondering what talent u will wake up to discover and not let it go down the drain because...

I respect your thoughts/expression of feeling towards what you say you have become now but am wondering lots of things...
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by ponti93(m): 2:19pm On Sep 10, 2017
victor44843:
Here's mine:
I was a hypocrite

I eat less

Share your own
u left programming... No good programmer who is enjoying his work just leaves programming... Programming is addictive... Nairaland programmmers am i lying

1 Like

Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by 0temAtum: 3:15pm On Sep 10, 2017
victor44843:
Here's mine:
I was a hypocrite

I eat less

Share your own

OP I pray you don't end like Batimeus who spent his useful life preaching about Yeshua instead of developing himself and his family. Here is what Batimeus had to say when his eyes became clear.

DOCTUFOS: Batimeus 30:1-7

1. Now while I was departing, I saw Didimus also. And he said, I have departed from the discipleship. For there is nothing tangible which I have gained worshipping this Yeshu. 2. For all days, we live in pretence of miracles and wonders. And I said to myself, when shall I be free from continuous worship of the dead? For we have heard how one said that he saw the dead body of Yeshu in Sodom-Egypt. 3. And I said, it shall be good for Yeshu to be dead now, for I have lost all the things which I possessed. My wife is now abnormal and my crown is dead. 4. And Didimus said, my neighbour has taken my wife Fegur from me. And they have claimed my house also together with all my inheritance. 5. And the twin babies which I had for Fegur before I abandoned my family to follow Yeshu did not know me as their father, but that man whom Fegur married. 6. And I looked totally odd to them. And they asked Fegur, saying, who is this dirty old man? And Fegur said, he came to beg for bread. And they said, give him some, for we have many bread at home. 7. And when I tarried at the door of my own house, Fegur pushed me and shut the door. And I fell.
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by eagleonearth(m): 4:57pm On Sep 10, 2017
Mekanus:
Op you need serious help. Who holy spirit Don EPP?
Holy Spirit has been my eyes, ears, hands and legs since He moved into my life some seven years ago.
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by eagleonearth(m): 5:13pm On Sep 10, 2017
victor44843:
Here's mine:
I was a hypocrite

I eat less

Share your own
Chatting is simply a form of communication just like the calls you make daily. Programming can put food on your table and provide you money to fund God's business unless there was agreement between you and God to quit it, probably it was taking too much of your time. Again, pray and listen keenly before taking any action to be sure its God who is instructing you on what to do. 3 spirits speak to man: God's spirit, human spirit and evil spirits. You will know God spoke when you feel peace and joy at the sound of the voice. Devil's voice normally comes with the instillation of doubt, confusion and fear. With time you will develop and improve in hearing God speak if you promptly obey whenever he instructs you on what to do.
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by eagleonearth(m): 5:13pm On Sep 10, 2017
victor44843:
Here's mine:
I was a hypocrite

I eat less

Share your own
Chatting is simply a form of communication just like the calls you make daily. Programming can put food on your table and provide you money to fund God's business unless there was agreement between you and God to quit it, probably it was taking too much of your time. Again, pray and listen keenly before taking any action to be sure its God who is instructing you on what to do. 3 spirits speak to man: God's spirit, human spirit and evil spirits. You will know God spoke when you feel peace and joy at the sound of the voice. Devil's voice normally comes with the instillation of doubt, confusion and fear. With time you will develop and improve in hearing God speak if you promptly obey whenever he instructs you on what to do.

SHALOM!
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by Lex11(m): 5:22pm On Sep 10, 2017
By God's grace and mercies I have experienced quite a few in line with the fruit of the Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:22)

Notably I used to "curse like a sailor"

----
"But no man can tame the tongue. It is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison. With it we bless our God and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the similitude of God. Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be so. Does a spring send forth fresh water and bitter from the same opening? Can a fig tree, my brethren, bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Thus no spring yields both salt water and fresh." - James 3:8-12

God is good!
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by Shalomdee(f): 5:35pm On Sep 10, 2017
Thanks for sharing this victor44843, hope I got the name correct. Don't mind those criticising you, the Holy Spirit is the one who directs according to God's purpose for us, He knew programming was not God's will for you that's why he helped you stop. All those unhappy about it can go learn programming if they want, is it for everyone?

I thank God because now I have left behind my wayward lifestyle, I was stubborn to my parents and insolent but God has helped me to become humble. Through direction I also stopped wearing trousers, artificial hair, make up and jewelry. It was the hardest thing to stop but when I did it benefitted me a lot.
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by Bolutumiii(m): 5:54pm On Sep 10, 2017
Shalomdee:
Thanks for sharing this victor44843, hope I got the name correct. Don't mind those criticising you, the Holy Spirit is the one who directs according to God's purpose for us, He knew programming was not God's will for you that's why he helped you stop. All those unhappy about it can go learn programming if they want, is it for everyone?

I thank God because now I have left behind my wayward lifestyle, I was stubborn to my parents and insolent but God has helped me to become humble. Through direction I also stopped wearing trousers, artificial hair, make up and jewelry. It was the hardest thing to stop but when I did it benefitted me a lot.

Hi, Pls can u share with us the kind of conviction you got from the Holy Spirit as regard wearing trousers, artificial hair, make up and jewelry. I suppose ure Female right?
Nd if u can't share here, here is my mail bolutumii@gmail.com, if u want my no, I can drop too. #Thanks
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by Shalomdee(f): 6:12pm On Sep 10, 2017
Bolutumiii:

Hi, Pls can u share with us the kind of conviction you got from the Holy Spirit as regard wearing trousers, artificial hair, make up and jewelry. I suppose ure Female right?
Nd if u can't share here, here is my mail bolutumii@gmail.com, if u want my no, I can drop too. #Thanks

No problem sister I will share on this platform. The Holy Spirit witnessed to my heart in 2015 that despite all I have heard about these things being wrong for a female will I not stop them? I knew it was His voice so I made up my mind to do something about it, before that time I normally oppose any teaching that discourages these women apparel. Bit by bit I started leaving the things and when I did so I had more peace because I was receiving revelations that I was on the right step. It's been almost three years since I stopped and I am very glad I did.
Also when you read 1Tim 2:9 it explains it
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 10, 2017
Mekanus:
Op you need serious help. Who holy spirit Don EPP?

Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by tealaw(m): 6:51pm On Sep 10, 2017
I'll check my inbox to see if i received it.
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by darnley16(m): 9:01pm On Sep 10, 2017
og2711:

His name was Yeshua.

Educate yourself
I know , and the father Yahuah , wtf do you mean 'educate yourself'
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by GoodMuyis(m): 10:19pm On Sep 10, 2017
Defcon1:

Please, can you share how you encountered the holy spirit, the things you felt inside you that convinced you it was the spirit at work.
I really want to be like the new you.
Thanks.

There is no strange feeling, but experiences and if it is feeling? it felt like a BIG DEAL
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by GoodMuyis(m): 10:22pm On Sep 10, 2017
ponti93:
u left programming... No good programmer who is enjoying his work just leaves programming... Programming is addictive... Nairaland programmmers am i lying

YES
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by GoodMuyis(m): 10:38pm On Sep 10, 2017
This Thread is meant to be good one BUT the cankers had descend on it.

And for those criticizing OP for abandoning Programming, Check out in the next few years he will be Greater than you as long as he remained align to kingdom purpose.

Myself would thought I will be a big time Programmer BUT when the revelation came what am to be, and I accepted it life became more meaningful, Wisdom, Knowledge just keep flowing like Living water.

2006 I could not stand before SS1 class to speak correct English (as in just to construct a statement + inferiority complex) due to previous dropout and 3yrs of suffering/Labour - but today I can prepare Sermon and Deliver same.

My People There lots of experiences, but we see and know in part, little here and there.

Shalom
Re: What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? by Hier(m): 1:43am On Sep 11, 2017
Ops, I believe if you are sensitive enough, you will see the need to spend time in intercession

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obadiah777 Prophecy Is Looking Real America Is Ready For Wwlll / "Why Is Christianity Better Than Other Religions?" / Born Gay? It's Not Your Fault

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.