Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work (16464 Views)

The Bible Is A Book Of Lies. Let’s Put Down All The Lies In The Bible / What Would The Intelligent Designer's Book Look Like? / A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by Ranchhoddas: 9:49am On Sep 10, 2017
butterflylion:

Why would I be eager to uncover your identity when it's inconsequential grin

Don't flatter yourself your identity is simply that of an apprentice, struggling to stay afloat philosopher. That's enough for me grin

Regarding me being a man of many monikers I actually feel you should keep telling yourself that until it's engraved in your philosophical subconscious.

As it says in the ten commandments

I am butterflylion and I have no other moniker beside this!
Lol.
4everfraud is starting to have balls.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by sonofluc1fer: 9:59am On Sep 10, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Lol.
4everfraud is starting to have balls.
Guilt is good leverage. Just one line, and see all that was revealed. grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 10, 2017
Mr. Butterflylion, my apologies for not getting to you sooner on the various replies you so kindly placed on my thread, I can't imagine what you must think of my manners. As you may have guessed I was a bit busy, today though might be a good day to get down in the trenches, we shall see how that turns out.

Your moniker is quite interesting it reminds me of a 1980’s UK reggae track, have we perhaps met somewhere? Debated each other someplace perhaps? I don’t recall, I ask only because I am just a bit curious as to why you felt it incumbent on you to hurl insults and invective at me personally. I understand that you disagreed with the subject matter of my posts, however I would say that I have debated various Christians on these pages over the years, some more erudite than you and some less so, and even though we do not agree with each other’s points of view we always managed to agree to disagree. I don’t recall ever addressing a post of yours.

Perhaps you're just a bit like the scorpion who stung the crocodile who was ferrying him across the river causing them both to die and when asked why he did it as he drowned he replied 'I am a scorpion that's what i do'.

I would like to know the cause of your unprovoked attacks and insults upon me, that is, if you care to respond at all.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by sonofluc1fer: 11:44am On Sep 10, 2017
Lololololol.

Have a happy Sunday people.
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by bennyann: 5:20pm On Sep 10, 2017
butterflylion:

Hello Benny, sorry I had to go off yesterday. Friday closure tinz. Besides my life no be Nairaland e dey. cheesy

Anyway, hmm you asked for more clues. grin

I already gave you the clues when I said go back to the beginning and the beginning is in everything.

Look at it this way, look at the beginning which is in everything... It's in everything... grin

Then when you do, then consider water....

I may sound confusing right now to you but calmly pondering over what I just wrote would put you BACK on track. You were on track but left the track and your next comment about Air was way way off track.

All the great minds should come in now. It's not fair o embarassed
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by adepeter2027(m): 5:22pm On Sep 10, 2017
bennyann:

The op no serious
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by butterflylion: 7:43am On Sep 11, 2017
bennyann:

OK in a short while I will reveal everything grin

1 Like

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by butterflylion: 7:56am On Sep 11, 2017
Sarassin:
Mr. Butterflylion, my apologies for not getting to you sooner on the various replies you so kindly placed on my thread, I can't imagine what you must think of my manners. As you may have guessed I was a bit busy, today though might be a good day to get down in the trenches, we shall see how that turns out.

Your moniker is quite interesting it reminds me of a 1980’s UK reggae track, have we perhaps met somewhere? Debated each other someplace perhaps? I don’t recall, I ask only because I am just a bit curious as to why you felt it incumbent on you to hurl insults and invective at me personally. I understand that you disagreed with the subject matter of my posts, however I would say that I have debated various Christians on these pages over the years, some more erudite than you and some less so, and even though we do not agree with each other’s points of view we always managed to agree to disagree. I don’t recall ever addressing a post of yours.

Perhaps you're just a bit like the scorpion who stung the crocodile who was ferrying him across the river causing them both to die and when asked why he did it as he drowned he replied 'I am a scorpion that's what i do'.

I would like to know the cause of your unprovoked attacks and insults upon me, that is, if you care to respond at all.

Mr Sarassin, first of all I do not know you and neither do you know me but I was given the link to your thread on request and when I came on, I met the grotesque body gyrations of atheists on it in full euphoric bliss over the inanities you were writing and for me I couldn't stop vigorously shaking my head when I read the part where you had to strip naked in full glare of a crowd just to be initiated into stark bull crap. What a shameful way to live. I know some people would ask "is it my body? Am I the one who stripped? " grin

Maybe when you wish to conduct your own initiation of your own followers you would ask them to touch their balls with their tongue while chanting cheesy After all the unclothedness has already been seen so why not embellish it right? grin

The reason why I spoke up against your writings is because even you know it is of the occult and you even attempted making me flee by asking for my details so you would give me my date of death and probably hasten it. cheesy Something you cannot do for yourself but want to do for me? Guy take your grammar filled occult trash up Mount Everest and dump it over the other side.

You are a salesman trying to sell false bliss to people while hiding it's negative effects. You want people to believe you mean well when even you know you are simply mischievous and looking for people who would descend with you.

I never even knew a moniker like yours existed until I was sent your link but now that I know... You have a fan wink grin

1 Like

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 11, 2017
butterflylion:

Mr Sarassin, first of all I do not know you and neither do you know me but I was given the link to your thread on request and when I came on, I met the grotesque body gyrations of atheists on it in full euphoric bliss over the inanities you were writing and for me I couldn't stop vigorously shaking my head when I read the part where you had to strip naked in full glare of a crowd just to be initiated into stark bull crap. What a shameful way to live. I know some people would ask "is it my body? Am I the one who stripped? " grin

Maybe when you wish to conduct your own initiation of your own followers you would ask them to touch their balls with their tongue while chanting cheesy After all the unclothedness has already been seen so why not embellish it right? grin

The reason why I spoke up against your writings is because even you know it is of the occult and you even attempted making me flee by asking for my details so you would give me my date of death and probably hasten it. cheesy Something you cannot do for yourself but want to do for me? Guy take your grammar filled occult trash up Mount Everest and dump it over the other side.

You are a salesman trying to sell false bliss to people while hiding it's negative effects. You want people to believe you mean well when even you know you are simply mischievous and looking for people who would descend with you.

I never even knew a moniker like yours existed until I was sent your link but now that I know... You have a fan wink grin

Thank you for your reply. You see I get that you don’t like my posts but last time I checked nobody died and made you civil defence officer of religious policy on Nairaland. The title of my thread is explicit, the intro is explicit and here you are complaining that the topic is occultic in nature, when you landed there why didn’t your brain command your feet to take to its heels? What did you lose? What do you seek? Who called you there? Were you expecting to read the ‘sermon on the mount’ there? Or did you just run out of threads of the usual theist/atheist wankfests?

Speaking up (as you put it) against a post that you consider antiethical to your beliefs is one thing and I will even defend your right to do so, but hurling unprovoked insults at a poster is another matter entirely. Your first appearance on my thread was to ask me to provide you the date of my death and now you act surprised that I suggested that I hasten yours? You say that I attempted to make you flee, don't flatter yourself.

And so what If I chose to romp around in my birthday suit? Who are you? What are you? Who even rates you? What stupendous folly on your part to seek to pass judgement on me. You say I am a salesman selling false bliss, no less of a salesman than those who apparently make their congregations drink gallons of fuel and eat fields of grass, no less a salesman than those who hand over fist relieve their impoverished congregants of their hard earned monthly earnings.

My point is your opinions of me count for far less than a howl at the moon. I am not on Nairaland for your fandom or your approval. We have a saying that good fences make good neighbours, you stay on your side of the fence and I will remain on mine. Thank you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by butterflylion: 1:20pm On Sep 11, 2017
Sarassin:

Thank you for your reply. You see I get that you don’t like my posts but last time I checked nobody died and made you civil defence officer of religious policy on Nairaland. The title of my thread is explicit, the intro is explicit and here you are complaining that the topic is occultic in nature, when you landed there why didn’t your brain command your feet to take to its heels? What did you lose? What do you seek? Who called you there? Were you expecting to read the ‘sermon on the mount’ there? Or did you just run out of threads of the usual theist/atheist wankfests?

Speaking up (as you put it) against a post that you consider antiethical to your beliefs is one thing and I will even defend your right to do so, but hurling unprovoked insults at a poster is another matter entirely. Your first appearance on my thread was to ask me to provide you the date of my death and now you act surprised that I suggested that I hasten yours? You say that I attempted to make you flee, don't flatter yourself.

And so what If I chose to romp around in my birthday suit? Who are you? What are you? Who even rates you? What stupendous folly on your part to seek to pass judgement on me. You say I am a salesman selling false bliss, no less of a salesman than those who apparently make their congregations drink gallons of fuel and eat fields of grass, no less a salesman than those who hand over fist relieve their impoverished congregants of their hard earned monthly earnings.

My point is your opinions of me count for far less than a howl at the moon. I am not on Nairaland for your fandom or your approval. We have a saying that good fences make good neighbours, you stay on your side of the fence and I will remain on mine. Thank you.

Ol boy e na me get all this venom? Lmao.

Good fences do not make good neighbours oga. Good neighbours make good neighbours fence or no fence.

You speak of the occult and expect to get a free pass? Dude there is also a saying that "if you find something worth dying for, then fight for it". I have found something worth dying for and it sure ain't the occult but it is totally against the occult so when you post your bunch of crap for the gullible to lick and swallow up its only expected that you get some sort of resistance or are you against criticism? Are the demonic entities at work through your tongue and fingers against criticism? If they are then they should ask you to stop posting anything.

Meanwhile I saw nowhere in my posts where I insulted you. I clearly stated my observations and opinions and if you found them to be insults and offended by them then it means I am totally right.

Like I said, you just got a fan and if you do not like your growing fan base then stop posting. grin

I honestly do not care if you chose to stand on your head and do a triple cartwheel while in the nude in full glare of a crowd but I am concerned that people would actually gather to listen to someone who is a bit off to the left.

Assuming I am the civil defence officer of Nairaland is too outlandish I am simply a voice in the wilderness crying MAKE STRAIGHT THE WAY OF THE LORD and if my voice irks you then get used to it oo because it ain't about to stop anytime soon. cheesy

grin cheesy You dey vex say I dey spoil your market? You never jam!

1 Like

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 11, 2017
butterflylion:

Good fences do not make good neighbours oga. Good neighbours make good neighbours fence or no fence.

You speak of the occult and expect to get a free pass? Dude there is also a saying that "if you find something worth dying for, then fight for it". I have found something worth dying for and it sure ain't the occult but it is totally against the occult so when you post your bunch of crap for the gullible to lick and swallow up its only expected that you get some sort of resistance or are you against criticism? Are the demonic entities at work through your tongue and fingers against criticism? If they are then they should ask you to stop posting anything.

one man's religion is occultic to another.
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by butterflylion: 1:56pm On Sep 11, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

one man's religion is occultic to another.

Is occultism a religion? I am careful with my choices so maybe to you occultism is a religion.
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by Ranchhoddas: 3:19pm On Sep 11, 2017
butterflylion:

Meanwhile I saw nowhere in my posts where I insulted you. I clearly stated my observations and opinions and if you found them to be insults and offended by them then it means I am totally right.

Like I said, you just got a fan and if you do not like your growing fan base then stop posting. grin

I honestly do not care if you chose to stand on your head and do a triple cartwheel while in the nude in full glare of a crowd but I am concerned that people would actually gather to listen to someone who is a bit off to the left.

Assuming I am the civil defence officer of Nairaland is too outlandish I am simply a voice in the wilderness crying MAKE STRAIGHT THE WAY OF THE LORD and if my voice irks you then get used to it oo because it ain't about to stop anytime soon. cheesy

grin cheesy You dey vex say I dey spoil your market? You never jam!
Hmmm....
You are not even attempting to mask your "4evergodness" anymore.
That's good.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by JackBizzle: 3:30pm On Sep 11, 2017
butterflylion:

Is occultism a religion? I am careful with my choices so maybe to you occultism is a religion.

Try explaining christianity to a traditional Japanese person.

Personal bias from religion has blinded you. Your religion sounds occultic to a non believer.

You worship a man suspended on a torture device. A cross.

You claim his blood. Blood of Jesus!

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by felixomor: 3:40pm On Sep 11, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Hmmm....
That's good.

Go call police....
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by JackBizzle: 3:46pm On Sep 11, 2017
felixomor:

Go call police....

Sharrap. Defender of liars and frauds
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by felixomor: 3:49pm On Sep 11, 2017
JackBizzle:

Sharrap. Defender of liars and frauds

Your 5k u scammed from your elderly muslim victims has finished ba?

Jumbo Dumbo .....

But wait, why are u para?
I only told him to man up and Call police.....
Anyway, a dumb man like u cant read.
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by butterflylion: 3:52pm On Sep 11, 2017
JackBizzle:

Try explaining christianity to a traditional Japanese person.

Personal bias from religion has blinded you. Your religion sounds occultic to a non believer.

You worship a man suspended on a torture device. A cross.

You claim his blood. Blood of Jesus!

Who worships a man suspended on a torture device? Is that what you were told?
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by JackBizzle: 3:53pm On Sep 11, 2017
felixomor:

Your 5k u scammed from your elderly muslim victims has finished ba?

Jumbo Dumbo .....

But wait, why are u para?
I only told him to man up and Call police.....
Anyway, a dumb man like u cant read.

Fake doctor says what?
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by JackBizzle: 3:54pm On Sep 11, 2017
butterflylion:

Who worships a man suspended on a torture device? Is that what you were told?

What do you call the cross Jesus was nailed to? A torture device
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by felixomor: 3:54pm On Sep 11, 2017
JackBizzle:

Fake doctor says what?

I am not that poor to scam for 5k grin
Unlike u
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by Ranchhoddas: 3:56pm On Sep 11, 2017
Dr M you don start?
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by butterflylion: 3:57pm On Sep 11, 2017
JackBizzle:

What do you call the cross Jesus was nailed to? A torture device

Is he still on that cross? The cross wasn't a torture device same way a death by firing squad does not make the gun a torture device.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by JackBizzle: 3:57pm On Sep 11, 2017
felixomor:

I am not that poor to scam for 5k grin
Unlike u

Says the fake doctor who scams patients.
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by JackBizzle: 3:59pm On Sep 11, 2017
butterflylion:

Is he still on that cross? The cross wasn't a torture device same way a death by firing squad does not make the gun a torture device.

Do you know that it takes hours to die on a cross? Jesus could have been beheaded, stoned, fed to lions etc.
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by felixomor: 4:01pm On Sep 11, 2017
JackBizzle:

Says the fake doctor who scams patients.

Still better than a poor 5k scammer grin
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by butterflylion: 4:02pm On Sep 11, 2017
JackBizzle:

Do you know that it takes hours to die on a cross? Jesus could have been beheaded, stoned, fed to lions etc.

Have you died on a cross before? Ultimate desire and purpose was death! Torture or no torture did not eliminate death.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by JackBizzle: 4:05pm On Sep 11, 2017
butterflylion:

Have you died on a cross before? Ultimate desire and purpose was death! Torture or no torture did not eliminate death.

The cross is a torture device. It is designed to cause pain not kill. One can live for days on a cross depending on how one is suspended

1 Like

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by butterflylion: 4:08pm On Sep 11, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Hmmm....
That's good.

This would be my very last response to you if you continue with this 4evernonsense trolling of yours. Are you forcing your confusion on me? Haba!
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by JackBizzle: 4:10pm On Sep 11, 2017
felixomor:

Still better than a poor 5k scammer grin

From the story you read, does the character sound like a broke person? Or are you just dull?

Okada rider like you....
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by butterflylion: 4:10pm On Sep 11, 2017
JackBizzle:

The cross is a torture device. It is designed to cause pain not kill. One can live for days on a cross depending on how one is suspended

So when hanging on a cross with stab wounds on the hands, feet and stomach and you are bleeding out its not still meant to kill? grin

Jumbo dumbo gerrrraarraahhiaa
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by butterflylion: 4:16pm On Sep 11, 2017
Jumbo Dumbo remember the judgement on Jesus was for him to be crucified.

Crucifixion is a method of capital punishment in which the victim is tied, nailed, or otherwise attached to a large wooden beam and left to hang for several days until eventual death from exhaustion and asphyxiation. It is principally known from classical antiquity, but remains in occasional use in some countries

Again I say gerrrraarraahhiaa!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Stop Abusing God And Talking About Him Carelessly!! / Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? / Francisca Emmanuel: Ritual Is Biblical - Nigerian Pastor Tells Congregation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.