Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,908 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work (16432 Views)

The Bible Is A Book Of Lies. Let’s Put Down All The Lies In The Bible / What Would The Intelligent Designer's Book Look Like? / A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by budaatum: 2:14am On Sep 19, 2017
butterflylion:

The question isn't for me. It's for everyone to apply some critical thought to.

My question is very valid.

EVOLUTION ASIDE? yes

scientific ingenuity is all about critical thought.

butterflylion:

You are missing a vital point I made which is why your entire submission is invalid.

I said putting aside all we know about evolution.

In other words let's assume man did not evolve based on what evolution says but still needs water to survive.

As in, if one thinks critically by turning off ones thinking ability right?

You sir, are missing the point! If water was not required at the very beginning of man there is no way man would need it to survive. Man would be different to what we know man to be today.

Please consider if perhaps you meant to ask, how humans would continue to survive if all the water dried up?
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by budaatum: 2:24am On Sep 19, 2017
butterflylion:

Can we easily create water in large scales for all 7 billion of earths population?
There wouldn't be 7 billion people if they needed non existent water to survive!

Your question sounds similar to simply asking how humans would survive if there were insufficient resources? And that's always been the case, we adapt, or and die. See Yemen today where people are dying due to insufficient resources.

So, maybe we could only create water for just 7 people. The answer is there'd be seven people.
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by budaatum: 3:01am On Sep 19, 2017
Yep, God made water!

(I'm pissed off for being trolled!)
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by felixomor: 5:16am On Sep 19, 2017
budaatum:
Yep, God made water!

(I'm pissed off for being trolled!)

Before nko undecided

1 Like

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by budaatum: 12:10pm On Sep 19, 2017
felixomor:

Before nko undecided
God made water.
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by CatfishBilly: 12:53pm On Sep 20, 2017
Butterflylion, come on, don't let this thread die!

Just reply AgentOfAllah and we'll continue from there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by budaatum: 11:55am On Mar 11, 2018
Did op ever provide a solution to his conundrum?

butterflylion:

Not really! I will let it simmer for a while longer. The fact is that a lot of us here say we are critical thinkers so I want to see how critical this critical thought is.

Can a thought be deemed critical when it is still confined?

Thought is all we have as people. Thought before action. So I will let this simmer for a while.

Are we to reason this from front to back or from back to front before we can see the answer? Or are we to limit reasoning to parameters we are "restricted" to?

Attempts from anyone please!
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by budaatum: 1:07am On Nov 22, 2018
Proudgorgeousga:

Mr man you are late to the party, for this thread you are to drop your common sense and logic and critically think out side the box of sensible explanation to intelligently invent an answer no be so@butterflylion grin
Kill him, lol grin grin
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by budaatum: 1:17am On Nov 22, 2018
butterflylion:

My parameters are assumed to be same parameters we have been exposed to via evolution but from a different angle.
I could swear your parameters used to be God done it in 7 days! Was this the moment you converted, butter?
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by tck2000(m): 7:56pm On Jan 11, 2020
Ranchhoddas:
You talk now. Are you excluding yourself from the "critical thinkers"?

@OP
We will not exist if there's no water anywhere.
We are 70% water.
Water is existence.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Buhari Is Victimizing Those That Don't Belong To His Religious Group - CAN Youth / Apostle Suleman Forgives Offenders To Mark 50th Birthday / Holy Apostles Church Members Protest Against Closure Of Their Church By Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.