Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work (16431 Views)

The Bible Is A Book Of Lies. Let’s Put Down All The Lies In The Bible / What Would The Intelligent Designer's Book Look Like? / A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by butterflylion: 9:49pm On Sep 07, 2017
So none who have tried so far can actually think outside their confined spaces?
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by AgentOfAllah: 2:12am On Sep 08, 2017
butterflylion:
So none who have tried so far can actually think outside their confined spaces?
None whatsoever! At this point we're just waiting for the mind-shattering, outside-the-box, intellectual reveal that makes your dry, magical world go round.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by KinzyeWriter(m): 3:41am On Sep 08, 2017
butterflylion:

I see no problems with my question. My comment was to force you to stop talking about what you see. It's not about what you see theoretically.

There is a real practical problem in my world that needs a solution.

The simplest things cause the most headaches grin

Having read the whole thread, here is my conclusion and please see it as my answer to the question.

To think out of the box to me simply means to die, thanks to sonofluc1fer cheesy

We know xtains to be found of imaginary assumptions, like going to a place where milk and honey flow beneath.

And also a place where there is forever burning hell fire.

Which is why I think you have come up with this irrational-to-the-general-senses assumption.

And happily, you did not provide the law to be applied and I think you don't expect to get the same answer from everyone.

and there is this fact about religious folks that if you think outside the box of the scientific facts on this section (Religion) means you are thinking in a religion box or belief box whatever.

Now lemme think outside the box of reality and think inside in the your brainwashing box. lol.

To Suddenly need water means you have once used with it and you suddenly find yourself in a place where water does not exist.

Well, in that your world where water does not exist simply means hell fire.

and the only solution I can offer you is to keep wailing in agony for you can't die neither can you get the water.

Are you happy now! smiley

So Imaginary Hell Fire Has Been Giving You Nightmares that you can't stop assuming all this poo?

But for me, Religion is my nightmare, the moment I dream I become a pastor the moment I wake, for where wink

Cheers

#Teamthinkoutsideofthebox. Lmao

5 Likes

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by butterflylion: 6:10am On Sep 08, 2017
KinzyeWriter:

Having read the whole thread, here is my conclusion and please see it as my answer to the question.

To think out of the box to me simply means to die, thanks to sonofluc1fer cheesy

We know xtains to be found of imaginary assumptions, like going to a place where milk and honey flow beneath.

And also a place where there is forever burning hell fire.

Which is why I think you have come up with this irrational-to-the-general-senses assumption.

And happily, you did not provide the law to be applied and I think you don't expect to get the same answer from everyone.

and there is this fact about religious folks that if you think outside the box of the scientific facts on this section (Religion) means you are thinking in a religion box or belief box whatever.

Now lemme think outside the box of reality and think inside in the your brainwashing box. lol.

To Suddenly need water means you have once used with it and you suddenly find yourself in a place where water does not exist.

Well, in that your world where water does not exist simply means hell fire.

and the only solution I can offer you is to keep wailing in agony for you can't die neither can you get the water.

Are you happy now! smiley

So Imaginary Hell Fire Has Been Giving You Nightmares that you can't stop assuming all this poo?

But for me, Religion is my nightmare, the moment I dream I become a pastor the moment I wake, for where wink

Cheers

#Teamthinkoutsideofthebox. Lmao

grin Sorry but you are far too wrong with your answer.

I did not give any law because this would does not work the way ours works. Remember I see this as Mars and not earth.

I am also expecting the same answer from everyone

1 Like

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by dorox(m): 8:02am On Sep 08, 2017
The assumptions made by the op is silly and full of contradictions as others have rightly pointed out.

Perhaps the better question should be how can human explorers of the future (assuming we are still around and advanced enough to become an an interplanetary species) turn an arid rocky planet situated in the Goldilocks zone of it's parent star into a wet lush world teeming with life?
But this is more of science fiction than science or even religion.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by butterflylion: 8:18am On Sep 08, 2017
dorox:
The assumptions made by the op is silly and full of contradictions as others have rightly pointed out.

Perhaps the better question should be how can human explorers of the future (assuming we are still around and advanced enough to become an an interplanetary species) turn an arid rocky planet situated in the Goldilocks zone of it's parent star into a wet lush world teeming with life?
But this is more of science fiction than science or even religion.

You think my position is flawed because you have an already made up position on your mind.

I am not looking for the kind of solution you think. My question is not about how to turn a dry planet into a lush green water blessed one. It's far from that cheesy

Try thinking outside the box
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by godfromGod: 8:24am On Sep 08, 2017
butterflylion:

You think my position is flawed because you have an already made up position on your mind.

I am not looking for the kind of solution you think. My question is not about how to turn a dry planet into a lush green water blessed one. It's far from that cheesy

Try thinking outside the box
Hello, Mr Outside the brain, The problem you're looking to solve is impossible and at the same time implausible to even think of.

Case closed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by sonofluc1fer: 8:29am On Sep 08, 2017
godfromGod:
Hello, Mr Outside the brain, The problem you're looking to solve is impossible and at the same time implausible to even think of.

Case closed
I'm beginning to suspect he has long realised his folly. But he'd rather save face by not admitting his errors.

Good Christian.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by Martinez19(m): 8:29am On Sep 08, 2017
godfromGod:

Case closed
Don't mind him. I don't even know where he is heading.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by butterflylion: 8:32am On Sep 08, 2017
godfromGod:

Case closed

Why are you close minded? grin

Some people here on this thread have actually come close to the answer but still missed it. If they could see what you could not see then why are you saying its impossible? cheesy

Think outside the box
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by Martinez19(m): 8:34am On Sep 08, 2017
butterflylion:

Why are you close minded? grin

Some people here on this thread have actually come close to the answer but still missed it. If they could see what you could not see then why are you saying its impossible? cheesy

Think outside the box
Give us the answer then. smiley
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by dalaman: 8:40am On Sep 08, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

I'm beginning to suspect he has long realised his folly. But he'd rather save face by not admitting his errors.

Good Christian.

OP has since realized his folly but just wants to keep trolling. When everybody on a thread tells you that your are saying nonsense you just have to acknowledge and move along, but OP just wants to keep trolling.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by butterflylion: 8:54am On Sep 08, 2017
dalaman:

OP has since realized his folly but just wants to keep trolling. When everybody on a thread tells you that your are saying nonsense you just have to acknowledge and move along, but OP just wants to keep trolling.

I know you wish I was trolling cheesy

The answer has not been given yet. You see it as nonsense due to your being closeminded. It's Okay to assume it is nonsense but those who actually came close to the answer disagree with you.

Think out of the box cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by AgentOfAllah: 8:56am On Sep 08, 2017
dalaman:

Which is probably why he should be ignored until he presents his "intelligent solution" to the problems in his imaginary universe. It's not like I'm holding out hope that we'd get one. The 9-legged prince that was promised will grow a 10th leg before that happens.

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by felixomor: 8:56am On Sep 08, 2017
butterflylion:

The answer has not been given yet. You see it as nonsense due to your being closeminded. It's Okay to assume it is nonsense but those who actually came close to the answer disagree with you.

Hehehehe.
Good response.
Lets hope he does come back and call it parody grin
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by dalaman: 9:07am On Sep 08, 2017
^^^

Why should I call it parody when according to you parody means a music video or remake of a movie. Did you see any music video or movie remake there?

Mr Felixmoron.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by butterflylion: 9:08am On Sep 08, 2017
AgentOfAllah:

Which is probably why he should be ignored until he presents his "intelligent solution" to the problems in his imaginary universe. It's not like I'm holding out hope that we'd get one. The 9-legged prince that was promised will grow a 10th leg before that happens.

Is this how a critical thinker handles problems? You avoid and keep quiet?

You know a lot of the critical thinkers who were inventors in their time were not really well versed in the areas they thrived but began thriving when they decided to face the problem and think out of the box.

Some of their solutions or speculations were rather outlandish at the time but it later proved to be correct.

Trying to avoid exerting your thought process simply because something is presenting itself outside your comfort zone isn't really what critical thinkers do.

To them, every challenge can be subdued,if not totally at least partially Until another comes along who would pick up from where they left off and solve the problem totally.

Never get too used to what you know. Always try to work around it to see if there just might be another angle.

Think out of the box

1 Like

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by Martinez19(m): 9:20am On Sep 08, 2017
butterflylion:

Smh. Think out of the box? You have got the be kidding me. Despite all the answers given, you are still moaning "think outside the box." Give us your answer then. Wait o, it could be you don't also know what it means to think out the box. Dalaman aka dalamama, come and confirm.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by Martinez19(m): 9:21am On Sep 08, 2017
dalaman:
^^^

Why should I call it parody when according to you parody means a music video or remake of a movie. Did you see any music video or movie remake there?

Mr Felixmoron.
Nice one.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by dalaman: 9:24am On Sep 08, 2017
Martinez19:
Smh. Think out of the box? You have got the be kidding me. Despite all the answers given, you are still moaning "think outside the box." Give us your answer then. Wait o, it could be you don't also know what it means to think out the box. Dalaman aka dalamama, come and confirm.

When every body on a thread tells you that you are talking nonsense you just have to acknowledge and move on. This save saving tactics of his has now turned to trolling.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by Martinez19(m): 9:29am On Sep 08, 2017
dalaman:

When every body on a thread tells you that you are talking nonsense you just have to acknowledge and move on. This save saving tactics of his has now turned to trolling.
Don't mind him. The key words of the topic do not correlate with the op's moniker( his reputation).
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by butterflylion: 9:37am On Sep 08, 2017
Martinez19:

You are trying too hard.

The answer is extremely simple and right there for you to snatch up but like I said, it's the simplest things that give the most headaches.

Dalaman wouldn't agree of course but like I said, no answer has come forth yet and when I say think out of the box I meant "break free from your comfort zone". I believe I have said that repeatedly when responding to others here. cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by Martinez19(m): 9:45am On Sep 08, 2017
butterflylion:

You are trying too hard.

The answer is extremely simple and right there for you to snatch up but like I said, it's the simplest things that give the most headaches.

Dalaman wouldn't agree of cause but like I said, no answer has come forth yet and when I say think out of the box I meant "break free from your comfort zone". I believe I have said that repeatedly when responding to others here. cheesy
you remind me of a preacher who kept on claiming his faith will work despite repeated shaming in public. *yawns*

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by felixomor: 9:57am On Sep 08, 2017
Martinez19:
you remind me of a preacher who kept on claiming his faith will work despite repeated shaming in public. *yawns*

If u cant answer the question.
There is no need to derail the thread.
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by adepeter2027(m): 10:08am On Sep 08, 2017
701ecilana:

No be your type dey here.

Johnnydon22, pls help lecture this child.
I don't even know how to respond to you again.

Anyways, you're RIGHT

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 08, 2017
How would man be able to manufacture (create) water for the entire world?

Assuming zero cost of production (economics) it will be massively produced by combining hydrogen and oxygen atom in the lab.

butterflylion

1 Like

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by butterflylion: 10:33am On Sep 08, 2017
Martinez19:

Please slowly turn around and hope like a kangaroo out of this thread. If you have nothing sensible to say, stop derailing it.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by butterflylion: 10:36am On Sep 08, 2017
onyenze123:

Assuming zero cost of production (economics) it will be massively produced by combining hydrogen and oxygen atom in the lab.

butterflylion

My clause in the OP said, "make sure you read up on water creation first before you comment"

You obviously didn't!

Besides I am not looking for the kind of solutions you are offering. Everyone is focused on how to produce water but that is not the focus of the OP.

some questions are deliberately meant to be there so they would throw you off. So this question you are answering was meant to do just that. cheesy

Clear away all the debris and the answer is right there grin

1 Like

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by Martinez19(m): 10:38am On Sep 08, 2017
butterflylion:

Please slowly turn around and hope like a kangaroo out of this thread. If you have nothing sensible to say, stop derailing it.
derailing in what way? Answers have been given to your questions but you are insisting on something else. I can't think of any other answers apart from what atheists have given on this thread. If there is any other answer, tell us. Everyone on this thread concluded that you are going irrational, is that a coincidence. Ogbeni, tell us that answer you. undecided

Cc. Dalaman
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 08, 2017
butterflylion:

My clause in the OP said, "make sure you read up on water creation first before you comment"

You obviously didn't!

Besides I am not looking for the kind of solutions you are offering. Everyone is focused on how to produce water but that is not the focus of the OP.

some questions are deliberately meant to be there so they would throw you off. So this question you are answering was meant to do just that. cheesy

Clear away all the debris and the answer is right there grin

Let's assume there is no water anywhere on earth. No streams, rivers, lakes, ponds, seas and oceans.

if there is no water anywhere on earth, how the heck do humans who need water for survival exist in the first place?

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by butterflylion: 10:45am On Sep 08, 2017
Martinez19:
derailing in what way? Answers have been given to your questions but you are insisting on something else. I can't think of any other answers apart from what atheists have given on this thread. If there is any other answer, tell us. Everyone on this thread concluded that you are going irrational, is that a coincidence. Ogbeni, tell us that answer you. undecided

Cc. Dalaman

I am saying all the answers have been wrong except for one or two who actually came close but we're still wrong.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by butterflylion: 10:46am On Sep 08, 2017
onyenze123:

if there is no water anywhere on earth, how the heck do humans who need water for survival exist in the first place?

Start reading the thread from the beginning to this point. I did say you should forget about all you know about evolution

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Buhari Is Victimizing Those That Don't Belong To His Religious Group - CAN Youth / Apostle Suleman Forgives Offenders To Mark 50th Birthday / Holy Apostles Church Members Protest Against Closure Of Their Church By Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.