Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work (16491 Views)

The Bible Is A Book Of Lies. Let’s Put Down All The Lies In The Bible / What Would The Intelligent Designer's Book Look Like? / A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by sonofluc1fer: 1:36pm On Sep 08, 2017
butterflylion:

Hint: before you make your comment please read up on water creation first.
butterflylion:

This is the Hint. Somehow, water production is not the focus.

PART A
[quote author=butterflylion post=60230673]
Let's assume there is no water anywhere on earth. No streams, rivers, lakes, ponds, seas and oceans.
Let's assume rain does not fall and we never experience evaporation and Condensation and plants do not need water to thrive but humans do.

PART B
butterflylion:

Now let's apply critical thinking.
How would the whole world be able to survive without water?
Are we or science capable of manufacturing water on a large scale, the kind that would sustain the entire world?
Again, the butterflyinglion claims water production is only a distraction. Perhaps, we should remove the distractions and see what remains of your thought experiment.

butterflylion:

If water was not already available and by pure "coincidence" as science often alludes is able to always be available even though the process of water creation is extremely complex and volatile yet nature somehow was able to achieve this feat unaided (according to science).
How would man be able to manufacture (create) water for the entire world?
Again, you are very confused.

Reminds me of the story of the Emperor's clothe.

Many years ago there was an Emperor so exceedingly fond of new clothes that he spent all his money on being well dressed. He cared nothing about reviewing his soldiers, going to the theatre, or going for a ride in his carriage, except to show off his new clothes. He had a coat for every hour of the day, and instead of saying, as one might, about any other ruler, "The King's in council," here they always said. "The Emperor's in his dressing room."

In the great city where he lived, life was always gay. Every day many strangers came to town, and among them one day came two swindlers. They let it be known they were weavers, and they said they could weave the most magnificent fabrics imaginable. Not only were their colors and patterns uncommonly fine, but clothes made of this cloth had a wonderful way of becoming invisible to anyone who was unfit for his office, or who was unusually stupid.

"Those would be just the clothes for me," thought the Emperor. "If I wore them I would be able to discover which men in my empire are unfit for their posts. And I could tell the wise men from the fools. Yes, I certainly must get some of the stuff woven for me right away." He paid the two swindlers a large sum of money to start work at once.

They set up two looms and pretended to weave, though there was nothing on the looms. All the finest silk and the purest old thread which they demanded went into their traveling bags, while they worked the empty looms far into the night.

"I'd like to know how those weavers are getting on with the cloth," the Emperor thought, but he felt slightly uncomfortable when he remembered that those who were unfit for their position would not be able to see the fabric. It couldn't have been that he doubted himself, yet he thought he'd rather send someone else to see how things were going. The whole town knew about the cloth's peculiar power, and all were impatient to find out how stupid their neighbors were.

"I'll send my honest old minister to the weavers," the Emperor decided. "He'll be the best one to tell me how the material looks, for he's a sensible man and no one does his duty better."

So the honest old minister went to the room where the two swindlers sat working away at their empty looms.

"Heaven help me," he thought as his eyes flew wide open, "I can't see anything at all". But he did not say so.

Both the swindlers begged him to be so kind as to come near to approve the excellent pattern, the beautiful colors. They pointed to the empty looms, and the poor old minister stared as hard as he dared. He couldn't see anything, because there was nothing to see. "Heaven have mercy," he thought. "Can it be that I'm a fool? I'd have never guessed it, and not a soul must know. Am I unfit to be the minister? It would never do to let on that I can't see the cloth."

"Don't hesitate to tell us what you think of it," said one of the weavers.

"Oh, it's beautiful -it's enchanting." The old minister peered through his spectacles. "Such a pattern, what colors!" I'll be sure to tell the Emperor how delighted I am with it."

"We're pleased to hear that," the swindlers said. They proceeded to name all the colors and to explain the intricate pattern. The old minister paid the closest attention, so that he could tell it all to the Emperor. And so he did.

The swindlers at once asked for more money, more silk and gold thread, to get on with the weaving. But it all went into their pockets. Not a thread went into the looms, though they worked at their weaving as hard as ever.

The Emperor presently sent another trustworthy official to see how the work progressed and how soon it would be ready. The same thing happened to him that had happened to the minister. He looked and he looked, but as there was nothing to see in the looms he couldn't see anything.

"Isn't it a beautiful piece of goods?" the swindlers asked him, as they displayed and described their imaginary pattern.

"I know I'm not stupid," the man thought, "so it must be that I'm unworthy of my good office. That's strange. I mustn't let anyone find it out, though." So he praised the material he did not see. He declared he was delighted with the beautiful colors and the exquisite pattern. To the Emperor he said, "It held me spellbound."

All the town was talking of this splendid cloth, and the Emperor wanted to see it for himself while it was still in the looms. Attended by a band of chosen men, among whom were his two old trusted officials-the ones who had been to the weavers-he set out to see the two swindlers. He found them weaving with might and main, but without a thread in their looms.

"Magnificent," said the two officials already duped. "Just look, Your Majesty, what colors! What a design!" They pointed to the empty looms, each supposing that the others could see the stuff.

"What's this?" thought the Emperor. "I can't see anything. This is terrible!

Am I a fool? Am I unfit to be the Emperor? What a thing to happen to me of all people! - Oh! It's very pretty," he said. "It has my highest approval." And he nodded approbation at the empty loom. Nothing could make him say that he couldn't see anything.

His whole retinue stared and stared. One saw no more than another, but they all joined the Emperor in exclaiming, "Oh! It's very pretty," and they advised him to wear clothes made of this wonderful cloth especially for the great procession he was soon to lead. "Magnificent! Excellent! Unsurpassed!" were bandied from mouth to mouth, and everyone did his best to seem well pleased. The Emperor gave each of the swindlers a cross to wear in his buttonhole, and the title of "Sir Weaver."

Before the procession the swindlers sat up all night and burned more than six candles, to show how busy they were finishing the Emperor's new clothes. They pretended to take the cloth off the loom. They made cuts in the air with huge scissors. And at last they said, "Now the Emperor's new clothes are ready for him."

Then the Emperor himself came with his noblest noblemen, and the swindlers each raised an arm as if they were holding something. They said, "These are the trousers, here's the coat, and this is the mantle," naming each garment. "All of them are as light as a spider web. One would almost think he had nothing on, but that's what makes them so fine."

"Exactly," all the noblemen agreed, though they could see nothing, for there was nothing to see.

"If Your Imperial Majesty will condescend to take your clothes off," said the swindlers, "we will help you on with your new ones here in front of the long mirror."

The Emperor undressed, and the swindlers pretended to put his new clothes on him, one garment after another. They took him around the waist and seemed to be fastening something - that was his train-as the Emperor turned round and round before the looking glass.

"How well Your Majesty's new clothes look. Aren't they becoming!" He heard on all sides, "That pattern, so perfect! Those colors, so suitable! It is a magnificent outfit."

Then the minister of public processions announced: "Your Majesty's canopy is waiting outside."

"Well, I'm supposed to be ready," the Emperor said, and turned again for one last look in the mirror. "It is a remarkable fit, isn't it?" He seemed to regard his costume with the greatest interest.

The noblemen who were to carry his train stooped low and reached for the floor as if they were picking up his mantle. Then they pretended to lift and hold it high. They didn't dare admit they had nothing to hold.

So off went the Emperor in procession under his splendid canopy. Everyone in the streets and the windows said, "Oh, how fine are the Emperor's new clothes! Don't they fit him to perfection? And see his long train!" Nobody would confess that he couldn't see anything, for that would prove him either unfit for his position, or a fool. No costume the Emperor had worn before was ever such a complete success.

"But he hasn't got anything on," a little child said.

"Did you ever hear such innocent prattle?" said its father. And one person whispered to another what the child had said, "He hasn't anything on. A child says he hasn't anything on."

"But he hasn't got anything on!" the whole town cried out at last.

The Emperor shivered, for he suspected they were right. But he thought, "This procession has got to go on." So he walked more proudly than ever, as his noblemen held high the train that wasn't there at all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by butterflylion: 1:44pm On Sep 08, 2017
[quote author=sonofluc1fer post=60254604][/quote]

grin You chose to model your PART A and PART B like that which still goes to show that you are only seeing what you want to see and by inference your mind is in a bottle!

Break that bottle (limitation) and free your mind.

Evidently, Bennyann seems to be more of a critical thinker than you are cheesy
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by sonofluc1fer: 1:48pm On Sep 08, 2017
butterflylion:

Bennyann seems to be more of a critical thinker than you are apparently. cheesy
You should read my story. You're doing quite nicely.

We give up. Stop the suspense. Let the cat out of the bag. Prove you are not empty.

But that's impossible, isn't it, Mr. CRITICAL thinker? grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by butterflylion: 2:03pm On Sep 08, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

You should read my story. You're doing quite nicely.

We give up. Stop the suspense. Let the cat out of the bag. Prove you are not empty.

But that's impossible, isn't it, Mr. CRITICAL thinker? grin

First you ask me to do something and then you answer for me cheesy

Sonofluc1fer you are way in over your depth on this one so just chill alright? grin

Trying to project your thoughts on me is not cool bro. Not cool at all. cheesy

Get up on our old scraggly legs and let your mind run free man. grin

1 Like

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by sonofluc1fer: 2:16pm On Sep 08, 2017
butterflylion:

First you ask me to do something and then you answer for me cheesy

Sonofluc1fer you are way in over your depth on this one so just chill alright? grin

Trying to project your thoughts on me is not cool bro. Not cool at all. cheesy

Get up on our old scraggly legs and let your mind run free man. grin
Like I said. Totally impossible. Keep posturing, some see through your bullshit.

Enjoy your thread. wink maybe you'd find critical thinkers who reason like you. grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by butterflylion: 2:26pm On Sep 08, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

Like I said. Totally impossible. Keep posturing, some see through your bullshit.

Enjoy your thread. wink maybe you'd find critical thinkers who reason like you. grin grin

Bennyann is looking very promising cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by Ranchhoddas: 2:33pm On Sep 08, 2017
Only Mr M sees sense in this thread. Speaks volumes.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by dalaman: 2:49pm On Sep 08, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Only Mr M sees sense in this thread.
Speaks volumes.

The resident mor0n doesn't see any sense in it. He is just trying to be a cheerleader and showing brotherly support as always.

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by felixomor: 2:53pm On Sep 08, 2017
Martinez19:
Since he has corrected it, we know for sure that he meant everyone. Now, tell us the meaning of everyone.

Tell him to first answer the question he was asked.....
Or you couldn't see that?
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by Ranchhoddas: 3:05pm On Sep 08, 2017
dalaman:

The resident mor0n doesn't see any sense in it. He is just trying to be a cheerleader and showing brotherly support as always.
Lol.
Resident doctors are on strike but resident m0rons are still very much at work.
No leave no transfer.
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by dalaman: 3:38pm On Sep 08, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Lol.
Resident doctors are on strike but resident m0rons are still very much at work.
No leave no transfer.

grin grin
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by vaxx: 4:06pm On Sep 08, 2017
butterflylion:
Let's assume there is no water anywhere on earth. No streams, rivers, lakes, ponds, seas and oceans.

Let's assume rain does not fall and we never experience evaporation and Condensation and plants do not need water to thrive but humans do.

Now let's apply critical thinking.

How would the whole world be able to survive without water? Are we or science capable of manufacturing water on a large scale, the kind that would sustain the entire world?

If water was not already available and by pure "coincidence" as science often alludes is able to always be available even though the process of water creation is extremely complex and volatile yet nature somehow was able to achieve this feat unaided (according to science).

How would man be able to manufacture (create) water for the entire world?

Hint: before you make your comment please read up on water creation first.

May the critical thinkers now show themselves cheesy
water and sunlight is a critical component of every thing. plant nor man can't survive without them. no evaporation no sunlight or no sunlight no evaporation.

human from the beginning can't survive without water. human consists of 65 percent water and 8 percent blood. the blood composed an element called plasma it is even made of 55 percent water. in fact I will say human is made of water. human can not exist without water. water flow through our our blood , carrying oxygen and nutrients to the cells , cushion our joint and soften tissue . just to mention some point .
our planet can't thrive without water and sunlight.

I think this should be your question. can scientists find a replacement for water?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by butterflylion: 4:12pm On Sep 08, 2017
vaxx:
water and sunlight is a critical component of every thing. plant nor man can't survive without them. no evaporation no sunlight or no sunlight no evaporation.

human from the beginning can't survive without water. human consists of 65 percent water and 8 percent blood. the blood composed an element called plasma it is even made of 55 percent water. in fact I will say human is made of water. human can not exist without water. water flow through our our blood , carrying oxygen and nutrients to the cells , cushion our joint and soften tissue . just to mention some point .

I think this should be your question. can scientists find a replacement for water?

You are repeating what most have said already. So you want to attempt it now?
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 08, 2017
vaxx:

Mr man you are late to the party, for this thread you are to drop your common sense and logic and critically think out side the box of sensible explanation to intelligently invent an answer no be so@butterflylion grin
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by frank317: 4:18pm On Sep 08, 2017
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by frank317: 4:19pm On Sep 08, 2017
I got the answer

We pray to God for water, even though according to the op we don't know what it is, and will send down rain.
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by vaxx: 4:20pm On Sep 08, 2017
butterflylion:

You are repeating what most have said already. So you want to attempt it now?
I will only attempt it . if it is possible to find a replacement for water. assumption don't work that way. there should be closeness to the truth. am willing to attempt it if you can find a replacement for water or sunlight.
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by butterflylion: 4:22pm On Sep 08, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

Mr man you are late to the party, for this thread you are to drop your common sense and logic and critically think out side the box of sensible explanation to intelligently invent an answer no be so@butterflylion grin

Not drop common sense and logic but before one can apply this logic you first of all need to identify the direction you are headed based on the parameters I already provided.

The directions are deeply encoded in my choice of words in the write up.

Everything isn't always black and white. There are grey areas cheesy

Those grey areas which are often overlooked or ignored (same way as everyone has been doing so far on this thread) is incidentally where the answer resides.

So thinking out of the box is a must.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by butterflylion: 4:23pm On Sep 08, 2017
frank317:
I got the answer

We pray to God for water, even though according to the op we don't know what it is, and will send down rain.

Lol cheesy

Who prays to God for water? The path and routine of water has been set already whether we pray or not.

You are wrong.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by butterflylion: 4:26pm On Sep 08, 2017
vaxx:
I will only attempt it . if it is possible to find a replacement for water. assumption don't work that way. there should be closeness to the truth. am willing to attempt it if you can find a replacement for water or sunlight.

If you feel that would help your answer then by all means go ahead and find a replacement then come and attempt answering.
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by Martinez19(m): 4:29pm On Sep 08, 2017
Dalaman, I think butterflylion has realised his foolishness but he is effecting a damage control. He doesn't have any answer instead he is just going round a circle.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by butterflylion: 4:31pm On Sep 08, 2017
Martinez19:
Dalaman, I think butterflylion has realised his foolishness but he is effecting a damage control. He doesn't have any answer instead he is just going round a circle.

If with all the hints I have been dropping and my encouragement to Bennyann for being close you still think what you are saying is sensible then it shows you were never qualified to make any single contribution on this thread.

The thread title includes the description FOR THE INTELLIGENT.

Abeg waka if you no sabi Wetin to talk and can only go around projecting yourself on me.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by vaxx: 4:33pm On Sep 08, 2017
butterflylion:

If you feel that would help your answer then by all means go ahead and find a replacement then come and attempt answering.
I don't have an alternative. you made an assumption. if there is no water nor sunlight. then how those the plant survive.
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 08, 2017
butterflylion:

Not drop common sense and logic but before one can apply this logic you first of all need to identify the direction you are headed based on the parameters I already provided.

The directions are deeply encoded in my choice of words in the write up.

Everything isn't always black and white. There are grey areas cheesy

Those grey areas which are often overlooked or ignored (same way as everyone has been doing so far on this thread) is incidentally where the answer resides.

So thinking out of the box is a must.

ok I hear you cheesy

oya critical thinkers over to you guys me and mumu are outta here cheesy
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by butterflylion: 4:37pm On Sep 08, 2017
vaxx:
I don't have an alternative. you made an assumption. if there is no water nor sunlight. then how those the plant survive.

You are thinking in line with evolution. I have said repeatedly on this thread that anyone who wishes to answer has to first drop all the were told about evolution.

The OP says plants do not need water in his world only humans do.

I didn't say there was no sunlight.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by butterflylion: 4:41pm On Sep 08, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

ok I hear you cheesy

oya critical thinkers over to guys me and mumu are outta here cheesy

The whole process is very analytical yet easy. cheesy

But somehow people are deliberately making it hard for themselves.

I actually expected this to be smashed real fast. Thank God I wasn't holding my breath. cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by vaxx: 4:42pm On Sep 08, 2017
butterflylion:

You are thinking in line with evolution. I have said repeatedly on this thread that anyone who wishes to answer has to first drop all the were told about evolution.

The OP says plants do not need water in his world only humans do.

I didn't say there was no sunlight.
you said there is no evaporation.

I am not an atheist hope you know.
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by KinzyeWriter(m): 4:43pm On Sep 08, 2017
Still haven't find answer to your question.
Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by butterflylion: 4:44pm On Sep 08, 2017
vaxx:
you said there is no evaporation.

I am not an atheist hope you know.

It's not about atheism. All I said was critical thinkers. If atheists feel they fit that category then all well and good and if theists fit that category all well and good as well.

I said there is no evaporation because there is absolutely no drop of water on earth but there is sunlight. How hot, I do not know. There is also no rainfall due to the same reason. cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by butterflylion: 4:48pm On Sep 08, 2017
Make Una no let one China man to enter this thread and smash this on his first attempt o. Those guys think weird. cheesy

To them impossible is nothing. They are ready to work with whatever you give them as a tool. All they do is look at it from a new angle. cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by vaxx: 4:58pm On Sep 08, 2017
butterflylion:

It's not about atheism. All I said was critical thinkers. If atheists feel they fit that category then all well and good and if theists fit that category all well and good as well.

I said there is no evaporation because there is absolutely no drop of water on earth but there is sunlight. How hot, I do not know. There is also no rainfall due to the same reason. cheesy
even with 99 percent less humidity or equal to the size of room temperature. evaporation will still occur. therefore if there is sunlight ,there will be rainfall and likewise evaporation.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work by butterflylion: 5:08pm On Sep 08, 2017
vaxx:
even with 99 percent less humidity or equal to the size of room temperature. evaporation will still occur. therefore if there is sunlight ,there will be rainfall and likewise evaporation.

You are still working within the confines of what you know. You should ask yourself, must the sun cause evaporation? Must the planet respond to the sun the way it wants?

The plants who do not need water this means they have become a new kind of specie so sun or no sun, water or no water they are bubbling.

The sun could be a cold sun but those are not my focus. You can try and build this world but you need to work with the parameters I have supplied so every thing you already know (which what you are saying is a part of) must be let go so your mind can be free to imagine and contemplate.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Mistakes Most Christians In Nigeria Make / Mr Chris Oyakhilome And Anita / Christianity In Nigeria: Irrelevance Looms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.