Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,237 members, 7,780,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:58 PM

Traveling In The Schengen Area? Always Have Your Passport!-a Personal Experience - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Traveling In The Schengen Area? Always Have Your Passport!-a Personal Experience (32336 Views)

Where Do I Get Yellow Fever Vaccination Card For Traveling, In Lagos / How Powerful Is The Schengen Visa / Bauchi-Ningi: 28 Family Members Traveling In A Bus Die In A Motor Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traveling In The Schengen Area? Always Have Your Passport!-a Personal Experience by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 10, 2017
kelvinUchiha:
Nice info bro...
I'm planning on going to Czech republic in January
Is there racism in schengen zones.
When you buy things and ask people for direction do they become racist?

First of all, it's not common for people to stop strangers on the streets asking for directions in europe like one Emeka first timer in Lagos. Most people understand the use of maps and Google maps to find their way. Some will willingly help u but not all as they see it as something strange in 21st century. Most of the time, only third world citizens especially from Africa stop people randomly asking for 100 directions. Wen i first arrived here, i was caught up in the sad status of sheer ignorance. But had to quickly meet up to reduce how people perceive u after asking for some things. Good luck.
Re: Traveling In The Schengen Area? Always Have Your Passport!-a Personal Experience by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 10, 2017
blackfase:

Dont be lol. They dont run this checks based on any patriotic sense of responsibility. So why would they be one may ask. Well we both know d answer to that smiley....

I'm glad that they are checking identification and always will be.

Except where exempted by law. Here in the US, I'm not required to identify myself unless I'm suspected of committing a crime. The officer then needs to specifically state the crime.

It's a matter of safety.
Re: Traveling In The Schengen Area? Always Have Your Passport!-a Personal Experience by okerekeikpo: 3:12pm On Sep 10, 2017
josh123:
fool,come and beat me
you will hear from me very soon
Re: Traveling In The Schengen Area? Always Have Your Passport!-a Personal Experience by heendrix(m): 3:13pm On Sep 10, 2017
tellwisdom:

I said this 9 years ago when i was poor undecided

Lmao grin grin abeg I dey chop pepper o
Re: Traveling In The Schengen Area? Always Have Your Passport!-a Personal Experience by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 10, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Please don't listen to him.

Obey the laws of the country you're in.

Everyone in Nairaland has a smartphone, use it for research.

I'm not trying to dispute the fact that one has to obey the laws of a country where he finds himself.

I'm just trying to make a clarification. I personally don't move about with my own card but just my office ID, that's all..
Re: Traveling In The Schengen Area? Always Have Your Passport!-a Personal Experience by Nobody: 3:23pm On Sep 10, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Except where exempted by law. Here in the US, I'm not required to identify myself unless I'm suspected of committing a crime. The officer then needs to specifically state the crime.

It's a matter of safety.

exactly
Re: Traveling In The Schengen Area? Always Have Your Passport!-a Personal Experience by blackfase(m): 3:26pm On Sep 10, 2017
EgunMogaji:

It's a matter of safety.

You didn't get my drift on this. Let me explain it this way. Slip a $50 note into a visa-less passport at d MMIA, that person will likely be let in talk less of an alien already inland. Get it now? Im talking about d intentions of their checks, not aimed for security but at gratification...
Re: Traveling In The Schengen Area? Always Have Your Passport!-a Personal Experience by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 10, 2017
futurewise11:

You need to expand your horizon.Cops here dont behave in such manners.
bro calm down... i just checked your profile and it says Germany. I understand. It's always like that especially when you are new to that place. . It's not about expanding my horizon. Despite being a Nigerian by birth, I am also a citizen of a foreign country better than Germany. Infact in my former work place(name with held but a multi billion dollar company) in a foreign country, I had German co-workers. Whom I still have their contacts. But I chose to go back to Naija. I am not a fool. I have been there and I have seen it. Even if I need to come to your so called Germany, I do not need a visa. Just so you know. So my dear keep calm! I have seen it all..

2 Likes

Re: Traveling In The Schengen Area? Always Have Your Passport!-a Personal Experience by styles2009: 3:30pm On Sep 10, 2017
Esepayan:
Brother it is very illegal for them to do that .
That is discrimination they should never ask you for your passport
That is sad you have to go through that
All my life abroad i have never been asked for my passport
IT IS A CRIME
Excuse me?
Re: Traveling In The Schengen Area? Always Have Your Passport!-a Personal Experience by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 10, 2017
blackfase:

You didn't get my drift on this. Let me explain it this way. Slip a $50 note into a visa-less passport at d MMIA, that person will likely be let in talk less of an alien already inland. Get it now? Im talking about d intentions of their checks, not aimed for security but at gratification...

I'm thankful that I don't get your drift.

I take national security serious.
Re: Traveling In The Schengen Area? Always Have Your Passport!-a Personal Experience by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 10, 2017
Chascop:

I'm not trying to dispute the fact that one has to obey the laws of a country where he finds himself.

I'm just trying to make a clarification. I personally don't move about with my own card but just my office ID, that's all..

You're breaking the law. Don't encourage others to do so.
Re: Traveling In The Schengen Area? Always Have Your Passport!-a Personal Experience by futurewise11(m): 3:49pm On Sep 10, 2017
nurshah:

First and foremost I wasn't chatting a with u ,secondly I can c u are childish ...y in the world would I waste my time in listing countries I have been to? Why?
Guy abeg .....get off my mention

When people can back up their statement with proof they divulge into insult.

I asked in a polite manner to mention a place in germany that is a no go area for coloured people as claimed by you.

Have been to north and south of germany without any harrasement.When a coloured man want to play smart because of my nature of helping african student,it was the same security agent here who handle the issue judiciously and am proud of this country.

The problem is our "oga abeg" mentality.whats the big deal about holding your passport when you are not in your area of domicile?

Its well bro.

1 Like

Re: Traveling In The Schengen Area? Always Have Your Passport!-a Personal Experience by styles2009: 3:58pm On Sep 10, 2017
@Poster, carry your passport always, to those disputing the facts about Germany, you watch too much CNN, German police hardly control these days, if you don't live in the country,don't post stuff you can't backup about that country.
which areas are the no-go-areas in Germany? �
Re: Traveling In The Schengen Area? Always Have Your Passport!-a Personal Experience by willy2000(m): 4:18pm On Sep 10, 2017
daroz:

Don't mind those f00ls spreading falsehood.
That was how in Nigeria then people use to say Germany don't have fresh water(that it was all polluted during the war), so they only drink potable water imported from other country. Hence water is more expensive than wine.
Whereas tap water in Germany is even fresher or purer than our so called clean bottled water in Nigeria. 80 percent of Germans in Bayern drink directly from their tap.

Bro you too should stop spreading falsehood. The water is fit for drinking and not fresh. Do you actually know what fresh/pure water is?
Re: Traveling In The Schengen Area? Always Have Your Passport!-a Personal Experience by willy2000(m): 4:22pm On Sep 10, 2017
styles2009:
@Poster, carry your passport always, to those disputing the facts about Germany, you watch too much CNN, German police hardly control these days, if you don't live in the country,don't post stuff you can't backup about that country.
which areas are the no-go-areas in Germany? �

YOu have to be careful in Potsdam at night.

1 Like

Re: Traveling In The Schengen Area? Always Have Your Passport!-a Personal Experience by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 10, 2017
futurewise11:

When people can back up their statement with proof they divulge into insult.

I asked in a polite manner to mention a place in germany that is a no go area for coloured people as claimed by you.

Have been to north and south of germany without any harrasement.When a coloured man want to play smart because of my nature of helping african student,it was the same security agent here who handle the issue judiciously and am proud of this country.

The problem is our "oga abeg" mentality.whats the big deal about holding your passport when you are not in your area of domicile?

Its well bro.

Hmmm north& south abi? I hear you .. Have a blessed week ahead ..wish you the best
Re: Traveling In The Schengen Area? Always Have Your Passport!-a Personal Experience by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 10, 2017
willy2000:

Bro you too should stop spreading falsehood. The water is fit for drinking and not fresh. Do you actually know what fresh/pure water is?

Willy ,abeg save your energy ...clearly u go know say these pple aew just claiming so no need to go further.
Bro,abeg stay blessed
Re: Traveling In The Schengen Area? Always Have Your Passport!-a Personal Experience by willy2000(m): 4:37pm On Sep 10, 2017
nurshah:

Willy ,abeg save your energy ...clearly u go know say these pple aew just claiming so no need to go further.
Bro,abeg stay blessed
I know now, but no say the water fresh ohh, e no fresh anything...... wetin dey give person extra work to do for kitchen and bathroom everytime....lol
Enjoy your Sunday.
Re: Traveling In The Schengen Area? Always Have Your Passport!-a Personal Experience by styles2009: 4:40pm On Sep 10, 2017
willy2000:

YOu have to be careful in Potsdam at night.
Same as in Oshodi grin
Re: Traveling In The Schengen Area? Always Have Your Passport!-a Personal Experience by willy2000(m): 4:50pm On Sep 10, 2017
styles2009:

Same as in Oshodi grin

Very awkward Comparism. You said which areas are no go Germany, not in Nigeria.
Besides almost everywhere in Nigeria is unsafe at Night compared to Germany. So your logic doesn't fit.
Re: Traveling In The Schengen Area? Always Have Your Passport!-a Personal Experience by futurewise11(m): 4:54pm On Sep 10, 2017
EgunMogaji:

It's only prudent and I salute you for following the law.

It's mostly these uneducated trollops that went from village to EU that doesn't understand basic law.

True talk....Eku ojo meta.

1 Like

Re: Traveling In The Schengen Area? Always Have Your Passport!-a Personal Experience by anitank(f): 5:31pm On Sep 10, 2017
You don't have to carry your original documents. Just make photocopies of your visa and passport page and ALWAYS take it along with you
Re: Traveling In The Schengen Area? Always Have Your Passport!-a Personal Experience by dabossman(m): 5:53pm On Sep 10, 2017
Always advisable to carry your passport, more so when in Eastern Europe. Their ways in that part of the world can sometimes be different from the more liberal west.

1 Like

Re: Traveling In The Schengen Area? Always Have Your Passport!-a Personal Experience by planetx: 6:52pm On Sep 10, 2017
The white man treats you niggas like s.hit in his country but will come to your country and you people will be kissing his behind, the nigga race is a cursed race.

1 Like

Re: Traveling In The Schengen Area? Always Have Your Passport!-a Personal Experience by tuscani: 7:01pm On Sep 10, 2017
kelvinUchiha:
Nice info bro...
I'm planning on going to Czech republic in January
Is there racism in schengen zones.
When you buy things and ask people for direction do they become racist?
Trust me, what you and so call racism are not different from the embarrassment we experience every day in our own country. I used to see every thing the white man does as a racist behaviour till I had a rethink.

2 Likes

Re: Traveling In The Schengen Area? Always Have Your Passport!-a Personal Experience by Mrbigman1(m): 7:07pm On Sep 10, 2017
Evaberry:
lol

Most nairalanders don't know what a passport is neither do they have one.

LWKMD!!!!

Why re u like dis?

Bet why?
Re: Traveling In The Schengen Area? Always Have Your Passport!-a Personal Experience by Mrbigman1(m): 7:09pm On Sep 10, 2017
ip2121918021:

Freedom is being able to travel across 26 European countries without a visa.

Lol.

Dem sabi dat one?

Dem think say na to wake up eat ewedu Naim be freedom?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traveling In The Schengen Area? Always Have Your Passport!-a Personal Experience by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 10, 2017
styles2009:

Excuse me?

What is excuse me it is a big crime
Re: Traveling In The Schengen Area? Always Have Your Passport!-a Personal Experience by Mrbigman1(m): 7:18pm On Sep 10, 2017
Juban:
Please we are all learning, can you list the countries that made up of schengen?

Germany, Estonia, swiz Luxembourg, Italy, Belgium, France, lietchenia, Czech, Hungary, Greece, Poland, Sweden, denmark.

Oga, google am. Dey re 26. Before my batter die.
Re: Traveling In The Schengen Area? Always Have Your Passport!-a Personal Experience by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 10, 2017
EgunMogaji:

You're breaking the law. Don't encourage others to do so.

What law is he breaking you are talking rubbish stop preaching falsehood
Re: Traveling In The Schengen Area? Always Have Your Passport!-a Personal Experience by Mrbigman1(m): 7:21pm On Sep 10, 2017
XD3G:
In a foreign land,you should have documents (Passport, Visa,Ticket etc) that will prove your stay is not illegal with you 24/7.
This is the expected norm in most Countries,nothing racist in all you have narrated

Passport, visa? Re u serious?

What is ticket doing on ur list?

Movie ticket or what?

2 Likes

Re: Traveling In The Schengen Area? Always Have Your Passport!-a Personal Experience by Nobody: 7:32pm On Sep 10, 2017
Esepayan:

What law is he breaking you are talking rubbish stop preaching falsehood

It's not my job to educate you.

Stop misleading people with your uneducated opinion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Pastor Survived This Ghastly Motor Accident In Benue State. Photos / Can You Drive With A Nigerian Licence Outside Nigeria? / Live Pictures From Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.