Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,865 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:45 AM

Insight On Biochemistry - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Insight On Biochemistry (1031 Views)

Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise / I Need Help And Insight On How To Start My Life Again / Biochemistry Vs Microbiology: Which One Has More Job Opportunities In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Insight On Biochemistry by TRAILBLAIZER: 8:31pm On Sep 07, 2017
currently an aspirant of SLS BIOCHEMISTRY at one of the prestigious universities in Nigeria and I would like to know the answer to these ma questions
1)were do biochemistry student normally get posted to for ITERNSHIP
2)does a biochemistry student av a chance of being posted to a hospital or any other place apart from teaching in nysc
3)can I biochemistry graduate secure a job as A PHARMACIST OR A LAB TECHNICIAN IN HOSPITALS
4)CAN A BIOCHEMISTRY GRADUATE WITH A GOOD GRADE STUDY PHARMARCOLOGY IF YES WAT ARE THE NUMBER OF MONTHS REQUIRED TO STUDY IT AND WAT ARE D JOB OPPORTUNITIES WITH THE CERTIFICATE
I LOOK. FORWARD TO U GUYS HELPING ME IN GETTING ANSWERS TO SOME OF MY QUESTIONS
TNX IN ADVANCE
Re: Insight On Biochemistry by Meel: 1:28am On Sep 08, 2017
1.) You can go for internship in any pharmaceutical industry, food industry , chemical industry. N.b you are not being posted for internship, you source for it your self.

2.) Nothing is totally right in our Nigeria system, but on a scale of 100, the % of being posted to serve in a hospital is 5%.

if your posted to the hospital which dept do you think you serve, Lab?, pharmacy??
3.)Don't really get you there. You're Biochemist, not a pharmacist or Lab scientists. If you want to work in those dept, you should try to cross there.

4.) You can study pharmacology in your PG, but that doesn't make you a pharmacist.
you can work, in a pharmaceutical company, Food company, beverages company,

1 Like

Re: Insight On Biochemistry by TRAILBLAIZER: 7:16am On Sep 08, 2017
Meel:
1.) You can go for internship in any pharmaceutical industry, food industry , chemical industry. N.b you are not being posted for internship, you source for it your self.

2.) Nothing is totally right in our Nigeria system, but on a scale of 100, the % of being posted to serve in a hospital is 5%.

if your posted to the hospital which dept do you think you serve, Lab?, pharmacy??
3.)Don't really get you there. You're Biochemist, not a pharmacist or Lab scientists. If you want to work in those dept, you should try to cross there.

4.) You can study pharmacology in your PG, but that doesn't make you a pharmacist.
you can work, in a pharmaceutical company, Food company, beverages company,
tnx I think i will go for ma pg in industrial biochem field

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Money IN Midnight / 2018/2019 Scholarships For International Students / Setback Of Greedy And Redundant Insurance Broker Firms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.