Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:11 AM

Why do men find it difficult to tell their wives their salary? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why do men find it difficult to tell their wives their salary? (10640 Views)

15 Lies All Nigerian Parents Tell Their Children / Caught My Neighbour's Kids Having Sex...should I Tell Their Parents? / Things Men Find Irresistible In A Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why do men find it difficult to tell their wives their salary? by Pepeye(f): 7:00am On Mar 28, 2009
a communication problem and insecurity
Re: Why do men find it difficult to tell their wives their salary? by invisible2(m): 10:33am On Mar 28, 2009
Some women never even bothers to know how much their husband recieves. My doesnt care how much I make.
Re: Why do men find it difficult to tell their wives their salary? by kearra(f): 2:15pm On Mar 29, 2009
I don't have that problem my N man not only tells me his wage i have access to his bank details
we believe in sharing that side of our life we even have a shared acc that is used just for our trips back home to see his family we hope to do that this Christmas its been 2 years since hes seen his family
I pray we make it

he knows mine i know his I think its a man thing he earns more than me so hes happy to let me know that
if he earnt less maybe his pride would hold him back from sharing
Re: Why do men find it difficult to tell their wives their salary? by amaikama(m): 9:52am On Apr 07, 2009
Its because you women are very unpredictable that why? angry
Re: Why do men find it difficult to tell their wives their salary? by sammyzacks(m): 11:28am On Apr 10, 2009
because they are not real men
Re: Why do men find it difficult to tell their wives their salary? by tramuntanero: 11:49pm On Aug 15, 2014
Because she tends to buy things we don´t really need until the visa card is full and the our maximum debt capacity with the bank is reached. The more we earn, the more debt we have. I can´t stand this situation.
I am just about to have a pay-rise and honestly don´t feel like telling her, I just want to pay off my debts.
Re: Why do men find it difficult to tell their wives their salary? by damiso(f): 8:19am On Aug 16, 2014
tramuntanero: Because she tends to buy things we don´t really need until the visa card is full and the our maximum debt capacity with the bank is reached. The more we earn, the more debt we have. I can´t stand this situation.
I am just about to have a pay-rise and honestly don´t feel like telling her, I just want to pay off my debts.

I can definitely understand why you might want to hide the payrise.Debt is a vicious cycle in the western world with (see me talking like I am better grin ) but jokes apart you need to have a talk with her about it.Its ok to treat yourself once in a while but fiscal discpline is highly highly important. My husband at a time more or less had to seize MY cards and even though I moaned I am a much better person for it.

These days i see things on sale and think do I really need it and I don't buy it.I even leave all my cards behind at home when I go out to shopping malls.I ignore 'sale' emails from retailers and just send them straight to trash.Its doable if she is willing to NOT add to those debts.I know someone close to me in exactly the same dilemma the only problem is she keeps buying and adding to the debt so as she Is paying off she is adding to it.
Re: Why do men find it difficult to tell their wives their salary? by pickabeau1: 10:17am On Aug 16, 2014
Damiso..well done
In the west the economy is driven by debt
Discipline is key but I feel the best option is for both of them to be on the same page

Hiding info from his wife means they r not on the same page
Re: Why do men find it difficult to tell their wives their salary? by beeevan: 12:27pm On Aug 16, 2014
If your spouse is a money burner, no need telling .
Re: Why do men find it difficult to tell their wives their salary? by baralatie(m): 6:50pm On Aug 16, 2014
sade: I think this is an important issue because I still wonder up till now why a husband will not let his wife know his salary. To be frank, women always find it easy to tell their husbands the amount they earn and majority of men will not. I'm afraid, is it that we are too demanding or what?

And the funniest thing is that on that day that you tie the knot the pastors used to tell them not to keep secrets. Or am I getting it wrong? Is keeping your salary secret from your wife not a secret?
are you her ATM machine!
shey you no know say women body dey hooot when dem hear money!
Re: Why do men find it difficult to tell their wives their salary? by baralatie(m): 6:54pm On Aug 16, 2014
pickabeau1: Damiso..well done
In the west the economy is driven by debt
Discipline is key but I feel the best option is for both of them to be on the same page

Hiding info from his wife means they r not on the same page
which page!
is it Facebook or yahoo or twitter!
this is money we are mentioning here.
Re: Why do men find it difficult to tell their wives their salary? by baralatie(m): 6:57pm On Aug 16, 2014
amaikama: Its because you women are very unpredictable that why? angry
I need an exact word that describes their character when they smell money!i
Re: Why do men find it difficult to tell their wives their salary? by pickabeau1: 7:10pm On Aug 16, 2014
baralatie:
which page!
is it Facebook or yahoo or twitter!
this is money we are mentioning here.

OK.. undecided
Whatever floats your boat...
Re: Why do men find it difficult to tell their wives their salary? by baralatie(m): 7:17pm On Aug 16, 2014
pickabeau1:

OK.. undecided
Whatever floats your boat...
yeah!can you give your guy a breathing space if you know that he has an accumulation. savings account running in pounds sterling!
Re: Why do men find it difficult to tell their wives their salary? by egopersonified(f): 7:42pm On Aug 16, 2014
Seun: Of course she'll know how much I make, but it will be too much for her to spend, or my name is not Seun grin
grin.

Hope this prophesy is being fulfilled.
Re: Why do men find it difficult to tell their wives their salary? by pickabeau1: 7:47pm On Aug 16, 2014
baralatie:
yeah!can you give your guy a breathing space if you know that he has an accumulation. savings account running in pounds sterling!

I don't have a guy but I expect my partner and myself to have financially compatible goals
Re: Why do men find it difficult to tell their wives their salary? by baralatie(m): 8:00pm On Aug 16, 2014
pickabeau1:

I don't have a guy but I expect my partner and myself to have financially compatible goals

gbam!you are hitting it on the head,the about money is goals!goals!goals!
financial goals are a lot bigger and highly influential than you think.I have seen split up coz the level of financial goal disparity was so high insecurities set in.
when it is about money ,hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Re: Why do men find it difficult to tell their wives their salary? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 16, 2014
To be honest, I will not marry a man who will keep his income a secret. Either we are a family or we aren't. I have my own money and I won't keep it a secret how much it is. Either we worK as a unity or we are not meant to be together. I am not the kind of woman who can accept to be excluded from family finance. Soemone who keeps such matters a secret, has fishy business going on, in one wy or another.
Re: Why do men find it difficult to tell their wives their salary? by baralatie(m): 8:43pm On Aug 16, 2014
^^^^^^
is there anything you asked that he did not provide!
Re: Why do men find it difficult to tell their wives their salary? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 16, 2014
baralatie: ^^^^^^
is there anything you asked that he did not provide!

First of all, I am not yet married. Secondly, how is your question relevant? Why should a HUSBAND keep his salary a secret ?Are we not one family? I fail to understand why our incomes should remain a secret. Is it something to be ahsamed of?

1 Like

Re: Why do men find it difficult to tell their wives their salary? by baralatie(m): 8:59pm On Aug 16, 2014
carefreewannabe:

First of all, I am not yet married. Secondly, how is your question relevant? Why should a HUSBAND keep his salary a secret ?Are we not one family? I fail to understand why our incomes should remain a secret. Is it something to be ahsamed of?
if husband is fulfilling his duties why introduce open book technology.it was not the reason for the wife to marry her husband.
Re: Why do men find it difficult to tell their wives their salary? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Aug 16, 2014
baralatie:
if husband is fulfilling his duties why introduce open book technology.it was not the reason for the wife to marry her husband.

If this is the way you want to live your marriage, then do it. This is not the kind of marriage I want to have.

My parents used to have a joint account. They both worked, they both paid the bills, they both enjoyed the money and they were both responsible if any investment went wrong. And I am from a well-to-do family.
Re: Why do men find it difficult to tell their wives their salary? by baralatie(m): 9:13pm On Aug 16, 2014
carefreewannabe:

If this is the way you want to live your marriage, then do it. This is not the kind of marriage I want to have.

My parents used to have a joint account. They both worked, they both paid the bills, they both enjoyed the money and they were both responsible if any investment went wrong. And I am from a well-to-do family.
lmao!
marriage is joy unlimited.I have no problems with couples operating joint account.what I am about is where the relationship is growing financially in leaps and bounds.discretion is the key,not open book technology.
Re: Why do men find it difficult to tell their wives their salary? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 16, 2014
baralatie:
lmao!
marriage is joy unlimited.I have no problems with couples operating joint account.what I am about is where the relationship is growing financially in leaps and bounds.discretion is the key,not open book technology.

Why is discretion a key when it comes to financial matters? Give me one sensible reason, please.
Re: Why do men find it difficult to tell their wives their salary? by baralatie(m): 9:25pm On Aug 16, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Why is discretion a key when it comes to financial matters? Give me one sensible reason, please.
hahajahahahahahahaha!
don't you knoe

the love of money is the root of all evil!
Re: Why do men find it difficult to tell their wives their salary? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 16, 2014
baralatie:
hahajahahahahahahaha!
don't you knoe

the love of money is the root of all evil!

Does it answer my question?
Re: Why do men find it difficult to tell their wives their salary? by pickabeau1: 9:28pm On Aug 16, 2014
baralatie:
gbam!you are hitting it on the head,the about money is goals!goals!goals!
financial goals are a lot bigger and highly influential than you think.I have seen split up coz the level of financial goal disparity was so high insecurities set in.
when it is about money ,hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

OK...whatever works for you however financial compatibility is key
Re: Why do men find it difficult to tell their wives their salary? by baralatie(m): 9:31pm On Aug 16, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Does it answer my question?
ash!I did!
you obviously have not seen the impact of money with some people!
Re: Why do men find it difficult to tell their wives their salary? by baralatie(m): 9:33pm On Aug 16, 2014
pickabeau1:

OK...whatever works for you however financial compatibility is key
define the boundaries of financial compatibility!
Re: Why do men find it difficult to tell their wives their salary? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 16, 2014
baralatie:
ash!I did!
you obviously have not seen the impact of money with some people!

Are you saying that it will have a negative impact on the wife to know how much her husband makes?
Re: Why do men find it difficult to tell their wives their salary? by pickabeau1: 9:37pm On Aug 16, 2014
baralatie:
define the boundaries of financial compatibility!

Your post is not clear
Boundary how?
Re: Why do men find it difficult to tell their wives their salary? by baralatie(m): 9:44pm On Aug 16, 2014
pickabeau1:

Your post is not clear
Boundary how?
how would you describe what i s financially compatible!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

HELP! My Husband Refuses To Have Sex With Me Ever Since I Was Raped. / The Best Age To Start Having Babies. / Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.