Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

How To Make Profit From Online Publishing – Secrets For Nigerian Authors - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How To Make Profit From Online Publishing – Secrets For Nigerian Authors (796 Views)

Online Publishing/Blogging Course And Certification / 10 Nigerian Authors Whose Books You Must Read This Year / How Nigerian Authors Can Get The Best From Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Profit From Online Publishing – Secrets For Nigerian Authors by generalbush(m): 6:59am On Sep 08, 2017
Hi, it is me your favourite TopWriter once again. I am writing to show how Nigerian writers can make a good profit from online publishing. I will show you the little secrets that you never thought of, and how it can change your game.

As a Nigerian author, the odds are against you; owing partly to the fact that our society doesn’t really appreciate reading, talk less of digital books. I see most Nigerian authors struggle to earn a decent living online, and it sucks big time to me. I earn pretty fine, and I wonder why some aren’t still making a good profit from online publishing.

Writing a book isn’t easy. Trying to sell a book that you’ve written is a great task on its own. A lot of people have tried it and failed but that shouldn’t scare you one bit.

With Amazon Kindle platform, you can now publish your book online and sell it to the world. Basically, Amazon will help in the distribution and then transfer the royalties to your account. This means then that you can just sit and keep writing about topics that interest you and your readers.

What are the Three Secrets to make profits from Online Publishing?

- Create an Intriguing Title with a Super cover design

Every digital book is judged by its cover. Since readers can’t access the contents, the judgment goes to the cover design and the title of the book.

95% of your creative ability should be how to create a wonderful title with a perfect cover design. This will catch the attention of readers, and they will likely end up clicking the “Add to Cart” button.

This secret might end up attracting more of foreign readers to you, which in turn results in more dollars in your pocket. Take your time to think of a captivating title, and let the cover design speak volume.

- Create a Buzz around your book before it gets published

Just like actors and musicians love publicity, your book also deserves the same. Spread the news, tell anyone who is willing to hear, let the hype be so loud that people would wonder if you had gold hidden within the book.

It depends on how creative you are. I wouldn’t suggest you get a PR person if you don’t have the budget for that. Either way, the right buzz will make people anticipate your online book like WW3.

- Sell your Book for low price

After your publicity and the book get published, the aim would be to sell as much as you can within the first sales period.

The strategy to this is putting a price that people would consider easy to spend. This strategy will help you get lots of readers.

All you need do is to offer your book through KDP select (Which is one of Amazon’s programs). Use the KDP Select to give it out at a discounted price.

Discounted books can help you get ranked on the Top Paid list. Once you have gotten to that point, you will definitely have higher chances of attracting paying readers.

P.S. This strategy won’t give you the Millions of dollars you anticipated, but it is a great tool for establishing your presence in the market.

Promote your Books

Amazon will display your books to potential buyers, but they won’t convince them to buy – you have to do it. The Amazon promotion is a cool feature, but it isn’t a reliable one if you want to earn as a full-time writer in Nigeria.

Instead of relying on Amazon’s free marketing, you should learn to do it. Rightly said, you should learn the skill of marketing if you wish to earn more as a Nigerian Writer.

Here are some Tips;

Offer your books for free in exchange of reader’s emails. (You should have a blog/website to achieve this)
Communicate with readers and inform them about upcoming titles.
Offer writing lessons.
Interact with your followers through social media.

Utilize Facebook Advertisements

Facebook Ads have successfully helped a countless number of business people reach hefty figures in revenue. As a matter of fact, every author should see himself as a business man who writes for money.

You can use Facebook Ads to reach out to more potential readers. Your main goal here is to get more money than the amount spent.

Minimize your expenses during your first Facebook campaign (e.g. $5 to $10). Your job would be to find the best target market and message for your new book.

If executed properly, it will lead to many sales – but profit isn’t guaranteed.

To make a profit from online publishing depends on the price of the book, the amount Amazon deducts from each sale and the amount spent on the book (Facebook ads and Cover design – if you paid for it).

In conclusion, there is no losing situation in the sale of digital books. As long as you are alive, you can always sell and keep selling your book. Why not give it a shot today?

Any questions, I will be happy to answer.

Please like my facebook page @ www.facebook.com/topwritersden

Cc: lalasticlala

Source: www.topwritersden.com

1 Like

Re: How To Make Profit From Online Publishing – Secrets For Nigerian Authors by rudyray(m): 6:46pm On Apr 10, 2023
Good one
Re: How To Make Profit From Online Publishing – Secrets For Nigerian Authors by bullabong(m): 9:50am On Apr 11, 2023
Hello,I have been having issues uploading table of contents on Amazonkdp, any idea?

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Writer / Writer Needed For Home Improvement Blog / Prolific Writers Needed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.