Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

The Middle Path - Religion (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Middle Path (108787 Views)

Utah District Bans The Bible From Elementary & Middle Schools, See Why / A Woman Photographs Something Amazing From An Airplane In The Middle Of A Storm / How My Friend Found Himself In The Middle Of A Body-Parts Market In Lekki, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (82) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Middle Path by analice107: 10:27pm On Oct 19, 2017
Chubhie:

Is this the meaning of curiosity?
Maybe we are taking the Word 'Curious' wrongly. When i said Curious, i didn't mean it in admirable or interesting way. Not because there's something i desire to know in what you guys do. Satan doesn't interests me.

Guy, you've got nothing that i want. See how you guys lean on YHWH trying to twist His words to suit what you do. Now, why i leave the main to go for the counterfeit? Jesus is the real deal, and i have Him, i don't need shadows.
Re: The Middle Path by Ranchhoddas: 10:31pm On Oct 19, 2017
analice107:

Me student? The redeemed of the Lord, a student under agents of satan? No sir, he who is in me is greater than he that's in you all.
You are a student whether you like it or not.

Forget that thing wey you dey talk enter class.

Stop being a truant.
Re: The Middle Path by Nobody: 10:39pm On Oct 19, 2017
analice107:

Maybe we are taking the Word 'Curious' wrongly. When i said Curious, i didn't mean it in admirable or interesting way. Not because there's something i desire to know in what you guys do. Satan doesn't interests me.

Guy, you've got nothing that i want. See how you guys lean on YHWH trying to twist His words to suit what you do. Now, why i leave the main to go for the counterfeit? Jesus is the real deal, and i have Him, i don't need shadows.

sup, i went through your thread in 2015. holla at me
Re: The Middle Path by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 19, 2017
analice107:

Re: The Middle Path by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 19, 2017
geezyk:
But to be sincere I don't have any clarity of purpose, all I wanted was to know what it feels like being on the other side, I know life is way more than what we actually think it is, maybe I'm being too forward with the AP and the OBE, but I would like to know more from the root, so I could further growth into the esoteric world. Or maybe I'm on the search for soul

Maybe...but you will find your way...eventually.
Re: The Middle Path by Chubhie: 6:19am On Oct 20, 2017
analice107:

Do have a fantastic day.
Re: The Middle Path by Chubhie: 6:22am On Oct 20, 2017
analice107:

Who says i should stop loving you guys because you guys a satanists? I'll love you still the end, so that my love and warnings will act as a testimonial on the last day.
I love you too and would carry the rocks of gibraltar for you.
Re: The Middle Path by analice107: 8:09am On Oct 20, 2017
Chubhie:
I love you too and would carry the rocks of gibraltar for you.
The only way you can prove your love for me is if you follow me to Jesus.
@Sarassin, don't be jealous, your Cara Mia is still yours.

1 Like

Re: The Middle Path by analice107: 8:10am On Oct 20, 2017
Chubhie:
Do have a fantastic day.
Yes baby, i will. And, i wish you peace and laughter.

1 Like

Re: The Middle Path by analice107: 8:11am On Oct 20, 2017
cruchenutii:

sup, i went through your thread in 2015. holla at me
Which in particular?
Re: The Middle Path by geezyk(m): 8:35am On Oct 20, 2017
Sarassin:

Maybe...but you will find your way...eventually.
With your guidance I'm sure I will..

2 Likes

Re: The Middle Path by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 20, 2017
analice107:

Which in particular?

Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire
Re: The Middle Path by analice107: 6:16pm On Oct 20, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
You are a student whether you like it or not.
Forget that thing wey you dey talk enter class.
Stop being a truant.
Can't you see i'm having a discussion with men?
Re: The Middle Path by analice107: 6:17pm On Oct 20, 2017
cruchenutii:

Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire
Oh. lol. pls mention me there let's see.
Re: The Middle Path by Ranchhoddas: 6:35pm On Oct 20, 2017
analice107:
Can't you see i'm having a discussion with men?
I can. Sorry.
Re: The Middle Path by analice107: 9:44pm On Oct 20, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
I can. Sorry.
You're welcome.
Re: The Middle Path by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 20, 2017
analice107:

The only way you can prove your love for me is if you follow me to Jesus.

@Sarassin, don't be jealous, your Cara Mia is still yours.

Of course I am jealous, I cannot haul rocks grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Middle Path by Nobody: 11:40pm On Oct 20, 2017
Today marks twenty years to the day that I lost a close friend. We met at Uni where he had walked into our residence hall and declared in that pugnacious manner that Nigerians have perfected, that, “hey, I own all of you here”, we became firm friends, we shared our meals, got sozzled together and chased women all over the place.

Life catches up with everyone and we went our separate ways, much later we ran into one another whilst headed in opposite directions, we parked, greeted each other excitedly, exchanged numbers and promised each other to get in touch and have a drink. We never did, as he drove off that day, a sense of foreboding came over me. I never saw him again, two weeks later from that day he took his own life.

That day I saw him he looked drawn, tired and empty, that glint of mischief in his eyes was gone, he was a troubled soul, I could not have imagined what intolerable strain he was under, I wished that I had pulled him aside that day into the nearest cafe or restaurant, bought him a coffee and dug beneath the veneer of surface greetings and empty promises, I came to feel that our seemingly chance meeting was preordained but that I had failed to act on divine providence, that guilt stuck with me for a long time.

Shortly after he passed my friend came to me in dream state, he radiated happiness, he inquired after me and we talked, he explained that he and he alone was responsible for his action. I asked if he had found happiness and the words he used were “unimaginably so”. When I woke up I imagined the dream was merely my subconscious massaging the feelings of guilt I had felt and I put the entire thing to the back of my mind.
Later that day, I was at the airport, I had to catch one of those interminably long flights, having checked in I went to one of the bars for my usual pre-flight cognac. I sat at the bar and the bartender began chatting with me, the usual…” going anywhere nice?” type of conversation, the next thing I knew he reached behind himself to the bar and grabbed a bottle of Chivas Regal whiskey poured a double measure into a glass, plopped a single ice cube into it and slid it across to me, before I could say anything he said “its on the house sir” I thanked him.

Later on sitting in the aircraft high above the clouds, I reflected on that singular episode. I never drank whiskey, Chivas Regal was my late friend’s favourite tipple, back then everywhere we went, Chivas Regal whiskey with a single cube of ice in it was his signature drink. The thought occurred to me that my friend, in death as in life had not changed, ever the jester, he always had to have the last say.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Middle Path by analice107: 11:49pm On Oct 20, 2017
Sarassin:

Of course I am jealous, I cannot haul rocks grin grin
Well, you don't need to be. Your Cara Mia has made up her mind to be yours.

1 Like

Re: The Middle Path by Nobody: 3:33am On Oct 21, 2017
smiley smiley smiley smiley
We're thousands of miles apart, yet that aura that cleanses and makes one glow is ever present.

It was a pleasure reading you.

Okay, for starters, my intention is not to sound judgemental of your best buddy, if it ever comes off to you as that, I am sorry.
I imagine the guilt you lived with at the time, and I do not wish to put you through a fraction of a speck of it again.

But a thought came to mind and I wish to seek your opinion.
Being a Child of God, we were taught that the place reserved in hell for those who take their life is, well, 'reserved.'
I have not read about such penalty in the bible though, but hey, we get taught lots of unbiblical stuff, no?
cheesy

Like when I first read that he came to you, emanating light...........
What I first thought of in my subconscious is "errrr, shouldn't he be dwelling in that reserved place with darkness tugging at him and all How did he escape so quickly"

Well, that was my subconscious. Consciously, I reckoned that there could be more to what I think I know about suicide.

So, I'd like to know your view(s) on the matter.
Are people permitted to take their lives because they do not consider it worth living anymore?
Is there a repercussion?
If yes, what if one knew about it and takes their life still?
If they did not know of such (assuming there are repercussions), what happens?
Re: The Middle Path by Nobody: 3:47am On Oct 21, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
I can.
Sorry.

I see you have a crush on Ana.
smiley

*hides*
Re: The Middle Path by Nobody: 3:56am On Oct 21, 2017
analice107:

Who says i should stop loving you guys because you guys a satanists? I'll love you still the end, so that my love and warnings will act as a testimonial on the last day.

A testimonial that you tried to correct the satanists of Nairaland and yet they chose their bedevilled path.

It is with the evidence showing your testimonial of your love and warnings that God almighty shall send Nairaland Satanists to the deepest recesses of hell.

Hallelujah
smiley
Re: The Middle Path by MuttleyLaff: 6:15am On Oct 21, 2017
Sarassin:
Today marks twenty years to the day that I lost a close friend. We met at Uni where he had walked into our residence hall and declared in that pugnacious manner that Nigerians have perfected, that, “hey, I own all of you here”, we became firm friends, we shared our meals, got sozzled together and chased women all over the place.

Life catches up with everyone and we went our separate ways, much later we ran into one another whilst headed in opposite directions, we parked, greeted each other excitedly, exchanged numbers and promised each other to get in touch and have a drink. We never did, as he drove off that day, a sense of foreboding came over me. I never saw him again, two weeks later from that day he took his own life.

That day I saw him he looked drawn, tired and empty, that glint of mischief in his eyes was gone, he was a troubled soul, I could not have imagined what intolerable strain he was under, I wished that I had pulled him aside that day into the nearest cafe or restaurant, bought him a coffee and dug beneath the veneer of surface greetings and empty promises, I came to feel that our seemingly chance meeting was preordained but that I had failed to act on divine providence, that guilt stuck with me for a long time.

Shortly after he passed my friend came to me in dream state, he radiated happiness, he inquired after me and we talked, he explained that he and he alone was responsible for his action. I asked if he had found happiness and the words he used were “unimaginably so”. When I woke up I imagined the dream was merely my subconscious massaging the feelings of guilt I had felt and I put the entire thing to the back of my mind.
Later that day, I was at the airport, I had to catch one of those interminably long flights, having checked in I went to one of the bars for my usual pre-flight cognac. I sat at the bar and the bartender began chatting with me, the usual…” going anywhere nice?” type of conversation, the next thing I knew he reached behind himself to the bar and grabbed a bottle of Chivas Regal whiskey poured a double measure into a glass, plopped a single ice cube into it and slid it across to me, before I could say anything he saidits on the house sir” I thanked him.

Later on sitting in the aircraft high above the clouds, I reflected on that singular episode. I never drank whiskey, Chivas Regal was my late friend’s favourite tipple, back then everywhere we went, Chivas Regal whiskey with a single cube of ice in it was his signature drink.

The thought occurred to me that my friend, in death as in life had not changed, ever the jester, he always had to have the last say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru6_MMMEc4M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QLuFJf32Hs
Familiar spirit
or Down to Earth, as like in the above interesting "Down to Earth" movie remake of "Heaven Can Wait"
Share your thoughts after watching them please
Cracking and emotional movies
Can believe just shed tears rewatching "Heaven Can Wait" after over 30 years first watching it
"I am a black man, am a black man. Thank God am a black man again..." in Down to Earth was lit
Re: The Middle Path by analice107: 8:20am On Oct 21, 2017
SoapAndSponge:

A testimonial that you tried to correct the satanists of Nairaland and yet they chose their bedevilled path.

It is with the evidence showing your testimonial of your love and warnings that God almighty shall send Nairaland Satanists to the deepest recesses of hell.

Hallelujah
smiley
I hope you are doing this deliberately? because you know very well that YHWH will send no one to hellfire. If you end there is because you chose it.

Many of them here have told me to hands off and respect their choices, how then will you put that on someone else?

Deut 30:19
I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live, for if you choose death, you shall die.

Humans naturally are given to shifting blames, they hate to own up to their messes.

From the beginning of this thread, i've been on this; warning folks to stop twisting scriptures to worship demons.

But..., the choice is theirs.
Re: The Middle Path by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 21, 2017
analice107:

I hope you are doing this deliberately? because you know very well that YHWH will send no one to hellfire. If you end there is because you chose it.

You sure about this, Ana?
That God don't send nobody to hell, save their choice?
Even a sin as minute as white lies can land someone in hell. What about my ancestors who weren't privy to the Gospel; lived in sin without an awareness of consequences, and are dead long ago. Did they choose hell?

Many of them here have told me to hands off and respect their choices, how then will you put that on someone else?

If my sister were a Nairaland Satanist who told me to mind my business, I would literally love hell OUT of her, and not in such a way that my love would then stand against her on the last day. I rather not love her in such manner as to be the one who hastens her descent into hell. It's akin to wishing her hell.

I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live, for if you choose death, you shall die.

Luke 9:54-55
And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?But Jesus rebuked them. Ye do not know what manner of spirit ye are of..........

Kindly take a look at the above, Ana...
And compare with the verse you quoted.
Christ is our standard, right?
Does that verse in Deuteronomy speak the language of love?

Here's what Moses says.....
I call heaven and earth to record this day "against" you......the keyword being against..
I find it hard to reconcile how the spirit of love can be at work in you and then you take actions AGAINST those God connected you with because they are clearly in the wrong.

Now, here's what the disciples say
"Shall we command fire from heaven to come down and consume them."....the keywords being fire and consume.
Jesus rebuked them. Because such spirit was not of zeal, but a vengeful kind.

We know that Moses was a great man, a great vessel of Yahweh. But he had anger issues.

Had Jesus been present when he said that verse in Deuteronomy, would Jesus clap for him amd say, "well done son?"

Humans naturally are given to shifting blames, they hate to own up to their messes.

From the beginning of this thread, i've been on this; warning folks to stop twisting scriptures to worship demons.

Since they won't hear, then they shall get the hell they deserve. Right?

I agree.
Let's assume that they have unwittingly chosen hell.
Question is, will Ana love them into it, or out of it?

2 Likes

Re: The Middle Path by Ranchhoddas: 9:36am On Oct 21, 2017
SoapAndSponge:

I see you have a crush on Ana. smiley
*hides*
*crosses self 1000 times* This is an evil thought. Banish it.
Re: The Middle Path by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 21, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
*crosses self 1000 times*
This is an evil thought.
Banish it.

I don't think it is.
smiley
Re: The Middle Path by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 21, 2017
SoapAndSponge:
We're thousands of miles apart, yet that aura that cleanses and makes one glow is ever present.

Okay, for starters, my intention is not to sound judgemental of your best buddy, if it ever comes off to you as that, I am sorry.
I imagine the guilt you lived with at the time, and I do not wish to put you through a fraction of a speck of it again.

Being a Child of God, we were taught that the place reserved in hell for those who take their life is, well, 'reserved.'
I have not read about such penalty in the bible though, but hey, we get taught lots of unbiblical stuff, no?
cheesy

What I first thought of in my subconscious is "errrr, shouldn't he be dwelling in that reserved place with darkness tugging at him and all How did he escape so quickly"

Well, that was my subconscious. Consciously, I reckoned that there could be more to what I think I know about suicide.

Are people permitted to take their lives because they do not consider it worth living anymore?
Is there a repercussion?

Hello soapy thanks for your words. Putting aside the personal interest on the issue of suicide as applied to my friend your questions are quite existential. Societal and religious outlooks on suicide varies but in general it is non condoning as it should be, in my view. Life is precious it is a chance to enhance the Divine experience. Without wishing to impose my views on others I believe that you and you only decide on the life experiences you desire on this plane of existence usually for altruistic reasons.

I also feel that many take on more than they cope with, and that unable to confront the past or come to terms with the future they then seek to truncate their lives. I see it as an interruption of their kharmic flow. In reality our difficulties test us just as a baker kneads dough and inducts it into heat to make it perfect, we are made whole and perfect by our experiences. I do not see that a troubled soul is thrust into the deepest recesses of hell and then continuously prodded and poked with a pitchfork for all eternity, I see no divine purpose in that.

I believe one comes back with a better understanding of what is required to fulfil ones destiny. It just might take a little longer.

4 Likes

Re: The Middle Path by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 21, 2017
analice107:

Cara Mia, the lone voice crying out in the wilderness.

3 Likes

Re: The Middle Path by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 21, 2017
MuttleyLaff:

Familiar spirit
or Down to Earth, as like in the above interesting "Down to Earth" movie remake of "Heaven Can Wait"
Share your thoughts after watching them please
Cracking and emotional movies
Can believe just shed tears rewatching "Heaven Can Wait" after over 30 years first watching it
"I am a black man, am a black man. Thank God am a black man again..." in Down to Earth was lit

Will do, I seem to remember watching one of these ago.
Re: The Middle Path by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 21, 2017
analice107:

Well, you don't need to be. Your Cara Mia has made up her mind to be yours.
Phew, now I can breathe again. grin

1 Like

Re: The Middle Path by LotusFan: 12:11pm On Oct 21, 2017
SoapAndSponge:

cheesy

Is there a repercussion?

Hnmmmmn so many pertinent questions. The question is what is heaven and what is hell? Could they be opposite states of mind?

I will share an experience with You. When my dad died I was 16 i had left the hospital with my brother and less than 48 hours later I was informed that he had passed On. Fast forward to about 3 days later, I had a "dream".

In this "dream" I saw my Dad, I was shocked and accidentally blurted out " but I thought you were dead". He looked at me and asked in his characteristic fashion " who told you I'm dead?" Before I could reply he said " did you SEE me die? I'm here".

He looked and acted exactly the same I didn't tell anyone except my mum. But after that day I was convinced that there was a place souls went that was not the hell described in church.

I am of the opinion that some of us hang around here for a while due to our attachments after which we go on a long, long journey.

Have you ever read Wondered in the spirit lands by Franchezzo? Some of the events recounted might be at variance with what you might beleive... But, you never know.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (82) (Reply)

Meet Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo & Wife, The Man Accused Of Rape By Bukola Dakolo / Pastor Adeboye's Son, Dare Is Dead / My Father Has A Bat In His Wardrobe: Should I Be Worried?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.