Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

What Programming Language Should START With? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Programming Language Should START With? (1193 Views)

What Programming Languages Do You Know? / What Programming Language Is Used In Creating Viruses? / Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Programming Language Should START With? by Crystalom3(m): 10:36pm On Sep 08, 2017
So I've been trying to learn how to program with ebooks but it's really stressful. I've covered most of the html and going into css and I planned to practice JavaScript next but it's seems no body is talking about these languages especially html and css and it's seem as if am learning languages that are already deprecated. Please should I continue with the my pattern or switch to the more popular languages like python?

I would love to build Android apps and design websites. I want to build a site like book4you.org what language do you think is best for it?
Re: What Programming Language Should START With? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Sep 08, 2017
if u actually want to build android apps i would urge u to learn java, java is an OOP u can build robust and complex software with java, so, u can easily build any robust android app using java language...
Re: What Programming Language Should START With? by Dmayor7(m): 12:14am On Sep 09, 2017
Crystalom3:
So I've been trying to learn how to program with ebooks but it's really stressful. I've covered most of the html and going into css and I planned to practice JavaScript next but it's seems no body is talking about these languages especially html and css and it's seem as if am learning languages that are already deprecated. Please should I continue with the my pattern or switch to the more popular languages like python?

I would love to build Android apps and design websites. I want to build a site like book4you.org what language do you think is best for it?

Hello sir,

It seems you are at a crossroad... I will help you...

There are two sides to programming..

Being a back-end programmer

Or

Being a front-end programmer.

Front-end programmers or developers usually focus on tue design and looks of any app, be it web app, desktop app or smartphone app.

While...

Back-end programmers or developers focuses on the functioning and framework of any app, be it web app, desktop app, or smartphone app.

You can decide which type of programmer you wanna become.

If you want to be a front-end developer then learn

Html
Css
JavaScript
Sass
MySQL (optional)
PHP (optional)
Bootstrap
Foundation

If you wanna be a back-end developer then go for

PHP
MySQL
Asp.net
Java (so popular)
Python
C++
C#

Then, if you feel you can be both, then learn

Html
Css
PHP
MySQL
JavaScript
Java or Python

Then you are good to go....

A good place to start is

www.codecademy.com
www.w3schools.com
www.freecodecamp.com

Hope this answers your question?...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Programming Language Should START With? by Crystalom3(m): 10:16am On Sep 09, 2017
Dmayor7:

Hello sir,

It seems you are at a crossroad... I will help you...

There are two sides to programming..

Being a back-end programmer

Or

Being a front-end programmer.

Front-end programmers or developers usually focus on tue design and looks of any app, be it web app, desktop app or smartphone app.

While...

Back-end programmers or developers focuses on the functioning and framework of any app, be it web app, desktop app, or smartphone app.

You can decide which type of programmer you wanna become.

If you want to be a front-end developer then learn

Html
Css
JavaScript
Sass
MySQL (optional)
PHP (optional)
Bootstrap
Foundation

If you wanna be a back-end developer then go for

PHP
MySQL
Asp.net
Java (so popular)
Python
C++
C#

Then, if you feel you can be both, then learn

Html
Css
PHP
MySQL
JavaScript
Java or Python

Then you are good to go....

A good place to start is

www.codecademy.com
www.w3schools.com
www.freecodecamp.com

Hope this answers your question?...
you just saved a brother wink
Re: What Programming Language Should START With? by seunny4lif(m): 11:49am On Sep 09, 2017
cool cool
Java or Kotlin for Android
Java has so much library to use and it's easily readable kotlin is good cos it's make codes more shorter but to me it's really not that readable becos it's confusing sometimes and it's now the official language for Android but Kotlin still uses Java Libraries
Crystalom3:
Re: What Programming Language Should START With? by nohuneg: 2:14pm On Sep 09, 2017
Learn LARAVEL Training for N39,999.

This is a Guarantee! You can’t Get This Incredible offer Anywhere Else

It is an investment in yourself, your career and your future
• Flexibility - Weekends & Weekdays
• Live Projects Implementation
• Unlimited Internet WIFI
• Get Free ICT Consultation and career advice
• Ambient Training Classes
• Expert 7 professional Instructors

PLUS MUCH MORE
Re: What Programming Language Should START With? by fathermagic(m): 2:38pm On Sep 09, 2017
[color=#000099][/color]
i have a little advice 4 u.
i think u are in haste to build something. if u put dat in mind and at d sametime u achieve nothing. am a young boy studing programing on my own. don"t think of what u can create with a computer. think of hw fast u can learn. something i must tell u do not be in haste to learn programming study it step by step. any way checkout any programming language u can find. start studing dem one after d other and look for d one dat suit ur brain den start learning.
Re: What Programming Language Should START With? by Dmayor7(m): 6:42pm On Sep 09, 2017
Crystalom3:

You are welcomed bro...
Re: What Programming Language Should START With? by azibit: 7:45am On Sep 10, 2017
This is one of the most asked questions about learning to program. I have had countless number of people ask me this question and much more would do in the future. Before I give my honest opinion, it would be important to understand what programming language means and how to go about choosing a language.

A programming language is basically a way to tell your computer what to do. To tell your computer what to do involves writing certain instructions. Learning a programming language involves understanding the syntax and semantics of a certain programming language. So what factors must be considered before choosing a programming language?

One of the most important factors to consider is which section of programming you want to be based. Do you want to be a web developer, an application developer, a mobile developer? A web developer basically develops applications for the web. An application developer developers application for Desktop or other media and mobile developers develop for mobile devices. There are definitely more than these sections of programming. So after determining precisely what you want to learn, then you can decide which language to go for.
Before choosing a language, ensure you understand the fundamental principles of programming like loops, methods or functions, programming paradigms and many more. Understand the core concepts of programming even before you start. The various levels of abstraction of programming languages should also be familiar. These concepts allows you a brighter view of how programs are executed and as such would help in making choose the right language.

After understanding the core basics, then you can move on to choosing a language. Ensure your first language is a language that has a high level of difficulty. Well, I give this as a personal advice. This is because it is easier to start with the tougher ones so that future programming languages you would learn would not give you a tougher time than you have already experienced. Because of this, I would advise that you never start learning programming with a framework.

A framework is like an abstracted version of a particular programming language providing you only with the abstract and not the main core concepts. A lot of things you need to learn would have been wired and you would simply be consuming an end product. You do not want to do that as a beginner in programming. You would need to get your hands wet with codes before you become much comfortable.

Well, the most important part which even professional programmers face is that the journey is challenging. Ensure you always have a high level of motivation to keep you going even when a single semi colon prevents your code from executing. Be steadfast and consistent.
Also, stay away from too many readings and tutorials without real implementations. Start something as soon as you have understood a concept, create something and build something. That is how it all starts.

Also, ensure you have made a good research in the invention and scope of your chosen language because new languages keep coming up and some people are easily persuaded to join another language. Do not be desultory in choosing languages. Do not keep jumping from one language to another. Learn well your language and definitely be open to new changes if the new stuff makes your task easier. But ensure you know the basics.
Programming is a world for everyone. Choose a language today and get started

https://codeburst.io/what-programming-language-should-i-learn-f3f164ca376c

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

An Error Occurred At Log Record Id. / Ubiquti Home Server/network Help / Employment For Java/php Program instructors(70-150k salary)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.