Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,855 members, 7,802,741 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

Could This Be The Worst Road In Delta State? Photos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Could This Be The Worst Road In Delta State? Photos (24637 Views)

The Worst Road In Imo State, a death trap. / This Road In Upenme Junction On Owo-Akungba Road In Ondo State Can Swallow A Car / Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Could This Be The Worst Road In Delta State? Photos by gGGODDd(m): 10:09am On Sep 09, 2017
lawalosky:
the land of the rising SUN!!
PUNISHMENT AND THUNDER FIRE UR YOUR WAYWARD LIFE 4 REFERRIN TO MY STATE AS RISING SUN. WE'RE THE BIG HEART, I AM URHOBO
ONLY D SUFFERING CANNIBAL STATES R CALLED RISING SUN BCUS THEY'RE STILL IN DARKNESS N I BLIV U ARE ONE OF D SUFFERING FRUSTRATED IPOB MISCREANTS

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be The Worst Road In Delta State? Photos by PehaKaso: 10:09am On Sep 09, 2017
fratermathy:

This is Okowa's 2nd year, going to 3rd. Mention 5 things he has done to stop your so-called marginalisation?

Go easy on the dude. He only expressed his thoughts about developments the emergence of a governor from that side would have had on those locals.

Our brother, the Deputy Governor Kingsley Otuaro, has also failed the Izon nation too, but you Urhobos held sway at the helm of affairs in Delta without anything to show for it.

Point your fingers at the appropriate person/persons.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be The Worst Road In Delta State? Photos by Liverpoolfc(m): 10:09am On Sep 09, 2017
Your worst road will make first 10 best road in Abia state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Could This Be The Worst Road In Delta State? Photos by bencarson007(m): 10:12am On Sep 09, 2017
Amberon11:
Thank God UPU has unanimously decided against Okowa's reelection. No amount of rigging will bring him back. What kind of governor commissions a filling station?

Worst performing governor ever.

Only my useless state governor can do that...
Okowa, Ortom and Yahaya Bello are triplets.

And don't worry... Okowa can't have Delta PDP on lock-down... When UPU decides,the consequences are usually too disastrous to counter being that they represent the largest ethnic group in Delta state.

Only Ibori can save him because he calls 60% of the shots in Delta state.

But again this is politics. The UPU leaders are all corrupt old men fighting for their own pockets. They go pass our back go collect money and the matter go die natural death.
No be Delta again ?
Na we we na.

Last last , a special shout out to all the area men from Wafi...
Area!
Area!!
Area!!!

I hail o.
#RespectsMyPeople

3 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Worst Road In Delta State? Photos by fratermathy(m): 10:14am On Sep 09, 2017
PehaKaso:

Go easy on the dude. He only expressed his thoughts about developments the emergence of a governor from that side would have had on those locals.

Our brother, the Deputy Governor Kingsley Otuaro, has also failed the Izon nation too, but you Urhobos held sway at the helm of affairs in Delta without anything to show for it.

Point your fingers at the appropriate person/persons.

I am not defending BAD RULERS here. The guy said they have been marginalised and I take offence to that because I am an Urhobo whose community still has bad roads like this one so who is marginalising who?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be The Worst Road In Delta State? Photos by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 09, 2017
Amberon11:
Thank God UPU has unanimously decided against Okowa's reelection. No amount of rigging will bring him back. What kind of governor commissions a filling station?

The type that is better than the governor who empowers his youth with wheelbarrow and commissions a sign post. Or you didn't hear?
Re: Could This Be The Worst Road In Delta State? Photos by 9jasave: 10:18am On Sep 09, 2017
Nigeria delta people are indulging all there governors by always attacking federal government and IOCs at the slightest provocation. I always say their charity should always begin from home. How can some that cannot manage 13 thousand well manage 100 thousand naira. too bad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be The Worst Road In Delta State? Photos by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:20am On Sep 09, 2017
Liverpoolfc:
Your worst road will make first 10 best road in Abia state.

That's a big lie, don't say what you don't know
Re: Could This Be The Worst Road In Delta State? Photos by PehaKaso: 10:23am On Sep 09, 2017
fratermathy:

I am not defending BAD RULERS here. The guy said they have been marginalised and I take offence to that because I am an Urhobo whose community still have bad roads like this one so who is marginalising who?

It is a pity that the blessed Niger Delta is cursed with bad leaders. The Okowa dude has proved to be the worst thing to happen to Delta State since 1991.
I share your grief brother.

2 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Worst Road In Delta State? Photos by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:31am On Sep 09, 2017
These Niger-Delta states never cease to amaze me. All that derivation money, plus past budgeted provisions from the Ministry of Niger-Delta and NDDC, and still such massive infrastructural deficits. And you even get states like Delta and Bayelsa owing workers. What on earth do they do with all their money? It truly baffles me. Bayelsa, a small, rich state of just over 2 million people can't massively develop their infrastructure with all that money. The other day, I heard Akwa Ibom's governor was funding a £200m project in Lagos. It's clear these people have so much money, they don't have the slightest clue what to do with it. And they perform a neat, little trick of leading ND citizens to believe the FG is responsible for all their problems.

4 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Worst Road In Delta State? Photos by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 10:32am On Sep 09, 2017
Op u must be very stupid... do you want the state governor to leave all the Cash cow areas to come and fix ur village stream that will not generate 1kobo to the state coffer the rate people want things this days is alarming, abeg your villagers should clear the bushy paths first let ascertain if the road worth the stress... where the road lead self ? Ndi Ala
Re: Could This Be The Worst Road In Delta State? Photos by whirlwind7(m): 10:41am On Sep 09, 2017
clevadani:

D fact that Jonathan is from d south south not help them and d north is still backwards even though they have ruled d country for longer. If a leader is capable, everyone would feel it irrespective of where they are located.

I would have almost agreed with yo, but.....
You are kind of wrong!
Yes, a capable leader could help and impact the people better. However, this is only possible if the political and economic system is structured to begin from the grassroots.
In Nigeria, the system is such that, governance begins from the top (federal level) and the benefits trickle down till it gets to the root (local govt level and the council wards each of them contain)
By d time it gets to this stage, there is absolutely nothing left. I can bet my left nut that in the next 20 years, no change will happen to this road, except there is a huge social media outcry.
Re: Could This Be The Worst Road In Delta State? Photos by Amberon11: 10:44am On Sep 09, 2017
Just like Jonathan had PDP on lockdown and still lost right?

Watch and see.
Mandem1:
How will they achieve that feat? Okowa has Delta PDP on lockdown.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Worst Road In Delta State? Photos by soliddust2020: 10:52am On Sep 09, 2017
Amberon11:

If okowa is not commissioning filling station he is commissioning hotels. We don't need Upu to tell us that, okowa needs to go. Many of his aides are going to resign and work against him. We normally assume govt like this is share the money govt but when you meet his S.A and some other Aides you go tire, some can't even fuel their cars. Local govt workers are owed salaries. Na the question is where is delta state money going into, No capital projects and he is not running a stomach govt like fayose. Okowa and Hilary must go down whether the devil likes is or not.

The other day Okowa said he has spent over 2.5billion to empower youths of delta state. The recent requirement of his so called youth empowerment program is that you must have a sponsor in govt house. That means they want to openly use our state funds to empower their cronies.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Worst Road In Delta State? Photos by clevadani: 11:00am On Sep 09, 2017
whirlwind7:

I would have almost agreed with yo, but.....
You are kind of wrong!
Yes, a capable leader could help and impact the people better. However, this is only possible if the political and economic system is structured to begin from the grassroots.
In Nigeria, the system is such that, governance begins from the top (federal level) and the benefits trickle down till it gets to the root (local govt level and the council wards each of them contain)
By d time it gets to this stage, there is absolutely nothing left. I can bet my left nut that in the next 20 years, no change will happen to this road, except there is a huge social media outcry.
You are right when you say that our structure is faulty, but it still boils down to greedy and corrupt leaders. I can tell you that the place where this road is located has a chairman and a councillor, and I can also boldly say that money has been allocated for this road. But one person knowing the pains this road causes will still keep the money. And that has nothing to do with the structure of our country. Let us start holding our immediate leaders accountable and stop blaming the executive for everything. That place has a senator, a house of reps member who receive more than 20m monthly. They will definitely have a commissioner and a state house of reps member. What are they doing about it? Are these people brain dead? Can't they see things for themselves? I am sure a place like this has been captured under constituency project, yet we will still blaming the executive.
There is no way we'll move forward with a mentality like this.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Worst Road In Delta State? Photos by obailala(m): 11:00am On Sep 09, 2017
Amberon11:

Commissioning filling station! grin grin

To be honest, Okowa's myriad of problems started from Ibori and proceeded to Uduaghan and it also ends with Ibori. Delta state sadly has No Opposition, reason why the state would keep being in the clutches of Ibori until Delta people decide to 'get sense' for once and stop worshipping the rogue Ibori.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Worst Road In Delta State? Photos by Yhelay(m): 11:02am On Sep 09, 2017
countryfive:
the delta area sits on crude oil in commercial quantities yet made to suffer by their leaders ,while oil money is used to build roads, rail lines ,both in Lagos and the northern states .15yrs from now oil will gone, they can't farm because the land is wasted ,they can't even fish because their waters are conterminated. may God help the people of the as.

you suffer English no be small
Re: Could This Be The Worst Road In Delta State? Photos by obailala(m): 11:02am On Sep 09, 2017
clevadani:

You are right when you say that our structure is faulty, but it still boils down to greedy and corrupt leaders. I can tell you that the place where this road is located has a chairman and a councillor, and I can also boldly say that money has been allocated for this road. But one person knowing the pains this road causes will still keep the money. And that has nothing to do with the structure of our country. Let us start holding our immediate leaders accountable and stop blaming the executive for everything. That place has a senator, a house of reps member who receive more than 20m monthly. They will definitely have a commissioner and a state house of reps member. What are they doing about it? Are these people brain dead? Can't they see things for themselves? I am sure a place like this has been captured under constituency project, yet we will still blaming the executive.
There is no way we'll move forward with a mentality like this.
You have said it all! Unfortunately the brains of Nigerians have been configured and conditioned by rogue local leaders to only focus on Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Worst Road In Delta State? Photos by NSK4U(m): 11:07am On Sep 09, 2017
place where oil money is coming from, COLONIAL MASTERS WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER OFF, it's a pity........

ok.....
Do your Registration and Training for all INTERNATIONAL EXAMS including TOEFL, IELTS, GMAT, SAT1, GRE, PTE, SAT2. @

GLOBAL VISION INTERNATIONAL
EDUCATION & TRAVELS.

We accept ZERO DEPOSIT { ie Get your VISA to America, Canada, France, UK, etc from us before you pay} from our clients that wish to go on vacation, work, or visit any of the aforementioned countries and more. for further info, call/whatsap us via 08145705687.
Re: Could This Be The Worst Road In Delta State? Photos by ajides4422(m): 11:10am On Sep 09, 2017
am not surprise, cose delta did not even pay last batch of corpers their state allowance after registration
Re: Could This Be The Worst Road In Delta State? Photos by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 09, 2017
Amberon11:

even though he is from my town I also won't support him
but wait who do you think can replace him

pat utomi!
Re: Could This Be The Worst Road In Delta State? Photos by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 09, 2017
fratermathy:

And this is the heart of Ika, Okowa's ethnic group. Yet they say they are marginalised! Why hasn't Okowa used his opportunity to turn around Delta North?

why did uduaghan not transform warri into Dubai in 8 years

don't bring tribal stuffs to this matter we ika are not happy with him too
Re: Could This Be The Worst Road In Delta State? Photos by murphyibiam15(m): 11:23am On Sep 09, 2017
delta state is simply cursed
Re: Could This Be The Worst Road In Delta State? Photos by positivetaught: 11:25am On Sep 09, 2017
we keep deceiving ourselves in this country n we shall continue to lament until we accept to emulate good practices of others for our benefit, why can't the roads be contracted out to reputable construction companies to maintain n collect toll while a certain % is paid to government, the toll gates can be fixed at say 200km intervals,standard security post n emergency traumatic health centres at strategic locations can also be incorporated as part of the deal,this will guaranteed good road network, generate revenue n employment, eliminate or reduce drastically roadblocks on the roads. all government need to do is take inventory of all the already registered reputable construction companies in Nigeria to stop unscrupulous elements from hastily incorporating phoney companies just to corner juicy contract for corrupt purposes.But as long as we deceiving ourselves that there is money In Nigeria n government should do everything,we shall keep crying while the politicians will dribbling the gullible populace n smiling to the banks.
Re: Could This Be The Worst Road In Delta State? Photos by banmee(m): 11:28am On Sep 09, 2017
ogboz:
This is now normal in nigeria

I don't see a problem with the road or roads in Nigeria. It is conducive for people who think the way Nigerians do.
Re: Could This Be The Worst Road In Delta State? Photos by gretblue: 11:30am On Sep 09, 2017
bencarson007:

Only my useless state governor can do that...
Okowa, Ortom and Yahaya Bello are triplets.

And don't worry... Okowa can't have Delta PDP on lock-down... When UPU decides,the consequences are usually too disastrous to counter being that they represent the largest ethnic group in Delta state.

Only Ibori can save him because he calls 60% of the shots in Delta state.

But again this is politics. The UPU leaders are all corrupt old men fighting for their own pockets. They go pass our back go collect money and the matter go die natural death.
No be Delta again ?
Na we we na.

Last last , a special shout out to all the area men from Wafi...
Area!
Area!!
Area!!!

I hail o.
#RespectsMyPeople
You know the politics of that zone welllaaa.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Worst Road In Delta State? Photos by osems: 11:33am On Sep 09, 2017
Pls come and to a look at ubulu-uku to onicha-ogbu road, linking Antioch south to Antioch north
Re: Could This Be The Worst Road In Delta State? Photos by Aliii(m): 11:35am On Sep 09, 2017
Okowa us a failed person he's barely doing nothing for his own local Government.. Governor money no dey.but his girlfriend was nap in the use with over 3 billion naira who's fooling who?
Re: Could This Be The Worst Road In Delta State? Photos by Alexis0147(m): 11:38am On Sep 09, 2017
Some places for the Delta no even get road*yimu*
Re: Could This Be The Worst Road In Delta State? Photos by leofab(f): 11:55am On Sep 09, 2017
buffalowings:
Potopoto Democratic People's Republic PDPR cheesy
ewu when its crime you lots attribute south south to Biafra but when it comes to oyel you remember we South south

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Worst Road In Delta State? Photos by mike4real2(m): 12:07pm On Sep 09, 2017
ELKHALIFAISIS:
Op u must be very stupid... do you want the state governor to leave all the Cash cow areas to come and fix ur village stream that will not generate 1kobo to the state coffer the rate people want things this days is alarming, abeg your villagers should clear the bushy paths first let ascertain if the road worth the stress... where the road lead self ? Ndi Ala

WILL YOU KEEP QUITE!!!
Do you know how many oil wells are in Ndokwa lga where this village is ? Some people will just post without verifing SMH.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello Visits President Buhari In State House / Buhari Meets Ortom In Aso Rock / Tinubu Supporters Accept "Agbado" Tag, Campaign With It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.