Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

OAU 3.8million Saga: Lamba Beat Me Two Times – VP Retorts - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU 3.8million Saga: Lamba Beat Me Two Times – VP Retorts (25312 Views)

‘We Have Failed You All’ – UNIBEN SUG VP Resigns Amid School Fees Hike Saga / Some Popular Grammatical Blunders. Every One Has Made At Least Two Times / "I Was Beaten, Molested, I Picked A Bottle In Self Defence" - Suspended Oau Vp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU 3.8million Saga: Lamba Beat Me Two Times – VP Retorts by kaboninc(m): 8:21am On Sep 10, 2017
cr7lomo:

Looking how agbaya like u de f.ool urself...do u even know the law?? Hu was first to attack is the question here , even in the courts, they will ask hu assaulted first...u slapped him three times and he then reacted...u then broke bottle to stab him...do u know she cud b charged for attempted murder or aggravated assault with a deadly weapon...u dont know the law...she could go to jail if that guy should press charges...he will even claim self defence is the reason y he hit her

Did you know he obstructed her from moving?

Don't you know she could claim that they held her against her own will and possibly a kidnap?

If you've never had a serious case, just don't comment.

The court will not even look at who slapped first but the degree of assault. And if she dies he's going to jail. With only this grievous bodily harm on her, he's going to jail.

How about those who were poured acid? What if the victim had pushed the offender and he poured acid on her. Will the court ask who pushed each other?
Re: OAU 3.8million Saga: Lamba Beat Me Two Times – VP Retorts by spiralwedge(m): 8:40am On Sep 10, 2017
Student union should be disbanded. The idea of executive students is somehow, where some students are more important than others. Where a huge amount of money are disbursed to children, no no no. You don't get all that from private unis.
Re: OAU 3.8million Saga: Lamba Beat Me Two Times – VP Retorts by safarigirl(f): 8:56am On Sep 10, 2017
kaboninc:

You keep saying she came with a sharp object, but did you consider the circumstances that let to it? That she was bested badly and had to use it as a response?

If he had killed her, don't you know it's a crime too?

Under the circumstances, she can claim assault and grievious bodily harm?

1. She slapped him

2. He choked her and held he shirt

3. Other members present held them BOTH back.

4. She escaped their grip, smashed a bottle and charged at HIM...who was most likely still being held down, but of course, the fest saw a bottle and left the boy... As anyone would do when a mad woman is charging at them with a sharp object.

5. He held her and headbutted her to defend himself from her attack

There is NO part in this that she could have died...rather, she assaulted him first and then threatened him with bodily harm

Kaboninc, so, if a woman charged at you with a bottle, you would still act rationally? You must not understand the concept of survival instincts

She can plead NOTHING. He who comes to equity must come with clean hands. Her hands are tainted, she has no case.

Unless you have a law degree, I don't see how you would be so sure she has half a case
Re: OAU 3.8million Saga: Lamba Beat Me Two Times – VP Retorts by safarigirl(f): 9:03am On Sep 10, 2017
kaboninc:

Did you know he obstructed her from moving?

Don't you know she could claim that they held her against her own will and possibly a kidnap?

If you've never had a serious case, just don't comment.

The court will not even look at who slapped first but the degree of assault. And if she dies he's going to jail. With only this grievous bodily harm on her, he's going to jail.

How about those who were poured acid? What if the victim had pushed the offender and he poured acid on her. Will the court ask who pushed each other?
what motive would they have to keep her against her will.?

You must think the court has time for rubbish. So, the whole EXCOS hate her so much that they held her to beat her up together? Not even on person liked her enough to help her? She must be a major bytch for nobody to like you amongst the excos.

Kidnap? It will be her word against that of eight or so other people. It holds no water

You can cite any case that such happened and these ridiculous claims held water. In a Nigerian court o, because you must be talking from the angle of feminist nations

Kidnap indeed
Re: OAU 3.8million Saga: Lamba Beat Me Two Times – VP Retorts by enomakos(m): 9:40am On Sep 10, 2017
So call leaders of tomorrow
Re: OAU 3.8million Saga: Lamba Beat Me Two Times – VP Retorts by Fynestboi: 10:54am On Sep 10, 2017
poseidon12:
tongue
It is obvious that the Director of Socials, Lamda is telling lies. I can detect his lies even from his testimony. He said the VP wanted to leave the meeting room but he blocked her. The VP then slapped him and kept following him. Why would she be following him around when she is trying to leave.
And the Speaker of Parliament also confirmed the lies.
The President and the Secretary and the Director of Socials should be expelled and prosecuted. The President is not fit for that position. The VP should also sue them in the civil court.
Kudos to the Speaker of Parliament for taking charge and saving the lady from the touts.

So speaker was in the meeting? Abi what's this one saying? undecided
Re: OAU 3.8million Saga: Lamba Beat Me Two Times – VP Retorts by Fynestboi: 10:56am On Sep 10, 2017
safarigirl:

1. She slapped him

4. She escaped their grip, smashed a bottle and charged at HIM...who was most likely still being held down, but of course, the fest saw a bottle and left the boy... As anyone would do when a mad woman is charging at them with a sharp object.

There is NO part in this that she could have died...rather, she assaulted him first and then threatened him with bodily harm

Kaboninc, so, if a woman charged at you with a bottle, you would still act rationally? You must not understand the concept of survival instincts

She can plead NOTHING. He who comes to equity must come with clean hands. Her hands are tainted, she has no case.

Unless you have a law degree, I don't see how you would be so sure she has half a case

@bolded is exactly the scenario. Though the slap was preceeded with the DOS trying to talk her to wait for the meeting.
Re: OAU 3.8million Saga: Lamba Beat Me Two Times – VP Retorts by safarigirl(f): 11:37am On Sep 10, 2017
Fynestboi:

@bolded is exactly the scenario. Though the slap was preceeded with the DOS trying to talk her to wait for the meeting.
thanks for this.

It's a clear cut case, I don't see what leverage Miss VP has. This case could have ended with someone dead and the other in police custody if the guy had not held her and defended himself.

People should think of that before saying he was in the wrong
Re: OAU 3.8million Saga: Lamba Beat Me Two Times – VP Retorts by kaboninc(m): 3:44pm On Sep 10, 2017
safarigirl:

1. She slapped him

You have no idea of what I've been through.

You're a lawyer in the making. I suppose you should have a better understanding of how cases are built up.
Re: OAU 3.8million Saga: Lamba Beat Me Two Times – VP Retorts by kaboninc(m): 3:51pm On Sep 10, 2017
safarigirl:
thanks for this.

It's a clear cut case, I don't see what leverage Miss VP has. This case could have ended with someone dead and the other in police custody if the guy had not held her and defended himself.

People should think of that before saying he was in the wrong

You've only accepted the side of Lamba. I do not think you read properly the story from the side of the VP. Because you kept laying emphasis on her having a bottle. Did you also read that it was because of the beating she received?

Did you read where she said she was prevented from leaving? That act alone makes him guilty because he had an intent to cause bodily harm. That is a enough to sentence him.

Like I said, you're studying Law. I guess you should have a proper view of this.
Re: OAU 3.8million Saga: Lamba Beat Me Two Times – VP Retorts by kaboninc(m): 3:55pm On Sep 10, 2017
poseidon12:
tongue
It is obvious that the Director of Socials, Lamda is telling lies. I can detect his lies even from his testimony. He said the VP wanted to leave the meeting room but he blocked her. The VP then slapped him and kept following him. Why would she be following him around when she is trying to leave.
And the Speaker of Parliament also confirmed the lies.
The President and the Secretary and the Director of Socials should be expelled and prosecuted. The President is not fit for that position. The VP should also sue them in the civil court.
Kudos to the Speaker of Parliament for taking charge and saving the lady from the touts.

If she wants to leave, why stand in her way?

She could claim that in the cause of her wanting to move out, she had to push him as he was standing in her way. The right question will be why was he standing in her way.

I just wish some of these people here never come across cases like this.

1 Like

Re: OAU 3.8million Saga: Lamba Beat Me Two Times – VP Retorts by safarigirl(f): 4:08pm On Sep 10, 2017
kaboninc:

You've only accepted the side of Lamba. I do not think you read properly the story from the side of the VP. Because you kept laying emphasis on her having a bottle. Did you also read that it was because of the beating she received?

Did you read where she said she was prevented from leaving? That act alone makes him guilty because he had an intent to cause bodily harm. That is a enough to sentence him.

Like I said, you're studying Law. I guess you should have a proper view of this.
he had intent to do what?

They were having a meeting and she wanted to leave in the middle because of what? Because they trashed her idea? He stopped her because she shpuldn't be leaving an EXCOs meeting in such manner.

Was she granted permission to leave? Nobody intended anything, she shouldn't have slapped him. She should have gone back to her seat and kept mute the rest of the meeting as an act of protest, rather than assault someone

Which beating warranted her picking a bottle after both of them had been separated? She cannot even plea provocation because she had enough time to think on her actions before doing it

She was careless, they both were and they have now been suspended.

This could easily have ended with two dead people. If she successfully stabbed him, he could be dead and she in detention.
Re: OAU 3.8million Saga: Lamba Beat Me Two Times – VP Retorts by kaboninc(m): 9:00pm On Sep 10, 2017
safarigirl:
he had intent to do what?

They were having a meeting and she wanted to leave in the middle because of what? Because they trashed her idea? He stopped her because she shpuldn't be leaving an EXCOs meeting in such manner.

Was she granted permission to leave? Nobody intended anything, she shouldn't have slapped him. She should have gone back to her seat and kept mute the rest of the meeting as an act of protest, rather than assault someone

Which beating warranted her picking a bottle after both of them had been separated? She cannot even plea provocation because she had enough time to think on her actions before doing it

She was careless, they both were and they have now been suspended.

This could easily have ended with two dead people. If she successfully stabbed him, he could be dead and she in detention.

If she decides to leave the meeting who are you or anyone else to stop her? Is it a military meeting? Do they have a commander? Is it a master-slave meeting?

What are you even saying?

Were they not elected? If she stormed out of the meeting, there should be an appropriate punishment and not standing on the door to stop her from going out. If while struggling, she hit something and died, will you be saying this things?

My dear, you've not really experienced anything. Until you do, you'll know what I'm talking about.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Nigerian Law School / End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy / University Of Port Harcourt, Staff, Frank Ogali, Dies In An Auto Crash (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.