Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,201 members, 7,780,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:52 PM

Afro Basketball 2017: Nigeria 78 Vs 77 Côte D'ivoire - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Afro Basketball 2017: Nigeria 78 Vs 77 Côte D'ivoire (12652 Views)

Nigeria defeat Senegal to win Afro basketball Female Nations Cup / FIBA AFROBASKETBALL 2017: Nigeria Qualifies For The Semifinals- Beats Cameroon / FIBA AFROBASKETBALL 2017: Nigeria Beats Mali 90:67 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Afro Basketball 2017: Nigeria 78 Vs 77 Côte D'ivoire by gozzlin: 11:22am On Sep 09, 2017
They're Short except the one at the back by the right.
Re: Afro Basketball 2017: Nigeria 78 Vs 77 Côte D'ivoire by ofiko123(m): 11:23am On Sep 09, 2017
massive victory??.
Re: Afro Basketball 2017: Nigeria 78 Vs 77 Côte D'ivoire by obomobo: 12:35pm On Sep 09, 2017
Was following d game on brilla twitter handle yesterday na so my heart dey do boom boom wen it was 5minutes to d end of d game n Ivory Coast came from behind to tie d score
Re: Afro Basketball 2017: Nigeria 78 Vs 77 Côte D'ivoire by ofuonyebi: 1:04pm On Sep 09, 2017
Hello! D'Tigers, you have just established yourself as the king of AFRICA!

Just continue to reign....there is no looking back...you are the one the cap fits..

your performance so far, just makes me proud to be a great Nigeria everyday

welldone! good work!! great team!!...you deserve all honour...for raising the Nigerian flag!!!
Re: Afro Basketball 2017: Nigeria 78 Vs 77 Côte D'ivoire by successinlife: 1:31pm On Sep 09, 2017
I watched this game seconds for seconds,I pray we go far in this competition,the class of 2015 is miles better,we don't have a reliable 3 point shooter like Champs-Chamberlin Oguchi,the tight marking at the rear by either,Alade Aminu,Andy Ogide and Shane Lawal is not there,we weren't winning enough rebounds both in attack and defense.Rim points are lacking,I just hope they improve if not if Senegal or angola face this team it will be disgraceful.I am patrotic though,i wish the guys the best of luck.Up Nigeria.
Re: Afro Basketball 2017: Nigeria 78 Vs 77 Côte D'ivoire by Rayd502(m): 1:35pm On Sep 09, 2017
successinlife:
I watched this game seconds for seconds,I pray we go far in this competition,the class of 2015 is miles better,we don't have a reliable 3 point shooter like Champs-Chamberlin Oguchi,the tight marking at the rear by either,Alade Aminu,Andy Ogide and Shane Lawal is not there,we weren't winning enough rebounds both in attack and defense.Rim points are lacking,I just hope they improve if not if Senegal or angola face this team it will be disgraceful.I am patrotic though,i wish the guys the best of luck.Up Nigeria.

Did any of the Supersport channel show the match?
Re: Afro Basketball 2017: Nigeria 78 Vs 77 Côte D'ivoire by successinlife: 1:57pm On Sep 09, 2017
Rayd502:

Did any of the Supersport channel show the match?

I watched it through visat,i don't know if it is available in Naija.
Re: Afro Basketball 2017: Nigeria 78 Vs 77 Côte D'ivoire by Jsegskenny: 2:10pm On Sep 09, 2017
I watched it on star times. On premium sports or so, if you have a startimes decoder, it would be easy, seems they were given the exclusive right, I initially search dstv tire, nothing oooo
Re: Afro Basketball 2017: Nigeria 78 Vs 77 Côte D'ivoire by somehow: 4:15pm On Sep 09, 2017
Angola also not fantastic, they almost lost to Uganda yesterday, game went to overtime and they eventually won by 5 points.

Ugandans also finished them.

94:89
successinlife:
Re: Afro Basketball 2017: Nigeria 78 Vs 77 Côte D'ivoire by successinlife: 4:23pm On Sep 09, 2017
somehow:
Angola also not fantastic, they almost lost to Uganda yesterday, game went to overtime and they eventually won by 5 points.

Ugandans also finished them.

94:89

I watched this game as well,did you watch senegal game?I am very patrotic but you can't tell me you did not see how Senegal and Angola knock down 3 point shots easily,yes Uganda gave Angola a scare but the score was at the end 5 points clear,Ivory coast should not pose any problem to Nigeria as far as basketball is concerned.We led the first and second quarters easily,we should work on three point shots,it is very important and part of why we won afrobasket in 2015,up Champs Oguchi,I just watched Germany defeat France 84-81 points,three point shots is important.
Re: Afro Basketball 2017: Nigeria 78 Vs 77 Côte D'ivoire by somehow: 4:32pm On Sep 09, 2017
I didn't watch Nigeria and not sure if we have our known 3 pointers, these set of players are new to me so I don't really know if our strength is within the 3 points area.

Germany tried even though they aren't also a good 3 point country (at least in this tourney).
successinlife:

I watched this game as well,did you watch senegal game?I am very patrotic but you can't tell me you did not see how Senegal and Angola knock down 3 point shots easily,yes Uganda gave Angola a scare but the score was at the end 5 points clear,Ivory coast should not pose any problem to Nigeria as far as basketball is concerned.We led the first and second quarters easily,we should work on three point shots,it is very important and part of why we won afrobasket in 2015,up Champs Oguchi,I just watched Germany defeat France 84-81 points,three point shots is important.
Re: Afro Basketball 2017: Nigeria 78 Vs 77 Côte D'ivoire by successinlife: 5:07pm On Sep 09, 2017
somehow:
I didn't watch Nigeria and not sure if we have our known 3 pointers, these set of players are new to me so I don't really know if our strength is within the 3 points area.

Germany tried even though they aren't also a good 3 point country (at least in this tourney).

Germany had more three point shots than France today,the attempt and made 3 point shots of Germany is higher than that of France,France left out few regulars,so did Angola who introduces six teens in their roasters,Nigeria used a completely new set of players compâred to the acts of 2015,that been said,Nigeria has more depths compared to Ivory coast,what is missing in Nigeria team is a reliable and confident 3 points shooter, in the realm of steve curry,camelo anthony,champs oguchi,Ibrahima Thomas of senegal,three points shooters make basketball game easier to win.I really wish they buckle up,Uganda shot excellent threes yesterday and that was why Angola trailled and fought back in the last quarter with outstanding three points shots to win.The Nigerian team has none of the players played in 2015 because Ike diogu was injured even though he was in the team he never played a match from start to finish but he was on the roaster,so they are entirely new set of players.
Re: Afro Basketball 2017: Nigeria 78 Vs 77 Côte D'ivoire by rlauncher(m): 5:15pm On Sep 09, 2017
successinlife:

Germany had more three point shots than France today,the attempt and made 3 point shots of Germany is higher than that of France,France left out few regulars,so did Angola who introduces six teens in their roasters,Nigeria used a completely new set of players compâred to the acts of 2015,that been said,Nigeria has more depths compared to Ivory coast,what is missing in Nigeria team is a reliable and confident 3 points shooters, in the realm of steve curry,camelo anthony,champs oguchi,Ibrahima Thomas of senegal,three points shooters make basketball game easier to win.I really wish they buckle up,Uganda shot excellent threes yesterday and that was why Angola trailled and fought back in the last quarter with outstanding three points shots to win.The Nigerian team has none of the players played in 2015 because Ike diogu was injured even though he was in the team he never played a match from start to finish but he was on the roaster,so they are entirely new set of players.

We vot a few three points short through. This helped us to win the match.
Re: Afro Basketball 2017: Nigeria 78 Vs 77 Côte D'ivoire by somehow: 5:18pm On Sep 09, 2017
Did we ever had the names you mentioned? Guy small small na lol.. We had just like 2 3 pointers in 2015 (I mean steady guys) so don't expect much.

Well I don't see us going far because of the fact that we went with mostly untested players (competitive).. I just pray we qualify for the world cup.

France is also not a 3 pointer team, been following FIBA eurobasket.

Finland is trying
Slovenia, spain and Croatia trying too

The winner is between spain, Slovenia, Serbia and Latvia.
successinlife:

Germany had more three point shots than France today,the attempt and made 3 point shots of Germany is higher than that of France,France left out few regulars,so did Angola who introduces six teens in their roasters,Nigeria used a completely new set of players compâred to the acts of 2015,that been said,Nigeria has more depths compared to Ivory coast,what is missing in Nigeria team is a reliable and confident 3 points shooters, in the realm of steve curry,camelo anthony,champs oguchi,Ibrahima Thomas of senegal,three points shooters make basketball game easier to win.I really wish they buckle up,Uganda shot excellent threes yesterday and that was why Angola trailled and fought back in the last quarter with outstanding three points shots to win.The Nigerian team has none of the players played in 2015 because Ike diogu was injured even though he was in the team he never played a match from start to finish but he was on the roaster,so they are entirely new set of players.
Re: Afro Basketball 2017: Nigeria 78 Vs 77 Côte D'ivoire by rlauncher(m): 5:19pm On Sep 09, 2017
ofuonyebi:

Hello! D'Tigers, you have just established yourself as the king of AFRICA!

Just continue to reign....there is no looking back...you are the one the cap fits..

your performance so far, just makes me proud to be a great Nigeria everyday

welldone! good work!! great team!!...you deserve all honour...for raising the Nigerian flag!!!

Good encouragement for the D'Tigerz. Thanks. cheesy
Re: Afro Basketball 2017: Nigeria 78 Vs 77 Côte D'ivoire by successinlife: 5:22pm On Sep 09, 2017
I want to see how we play today against Mali before knowing how far we can go.Daniel Ochefu didn't play against Ivory coast,i want to see him today,odunsi did not show his class,thumps up for the 22 years old Ike with 15points 7 rebounds and 3 steals,i wish they up their games.
Re: Afro Basketball 2017: Nigeria 78 Vs 77 Côte D'ivoire by carbonado(m): 5:28pm On Sep 09, 2017
Any link to watch the Mali game.
Re: Afro Basketball 2017: Nigeria 78 Vs 77 Côte D'ivoire by successinlife: 5:42pm On Sep 09, 2017
somehow:
Did we ever had the names you mentioned? Guy small small na lol.. We had just like 2 3 pointers in 2015 (I mean steady guys) so don't expect much.

Well I don't see us going far because of the fact that we went with mostly untested players (competitive).. I just pray we qualify for the world cup.

France is also not a 3 pointer team, been following FIBA eurobasket.

Finland is trying
Slovenia, spain and Croatia trying too

The winner is between spain, Slovenia, Serbia and Latvia.

Spain will win it,the second best basketball country in the world.The only country that can challenge and has been giving the USA a fight for their money as far as basketball is concerned.So sad for France they underated Germany,France remains number 3 in the world.
Re: Afro Basketball 2017: Nigeria 78 Vs 77 Côte D'ivoire by somehow: 6:38pm On Sep 09, 2017
France no 3 or Serbia?

Serbia is miles better than France.
Even Latvia will floor this french side. They aren't fantastic pinpin.

Yes spain is second rated, just that US is just too strong when it comes to BB. With time, other will catch up.
successinlife:

Spain will win it,the second best basketball country in the world.The only country that can challenge and has been giving the USA a fight for their money as far as basketball is concerned.So sad for France they underated Germany,France remains number 3 in the world.

Re: Afro Basketball 2017: Nigeria 78 Vs 77 Côte D'ivoire by successinlife: 7:01pm On Sep 09, 2017
somehow:
France no 3 or Serbia?

Serbia is miles better than France.
Even Latvia will floor this french side. They aren't fantastic pinpin.

Yes spain is second rated, just that US is just too strong when it comes to BB. With time, other will catch up.

I am not rating the present france basketball team,they have dropped indept maybe because of new players coming through,Serbia is coming up and has caught up with France team of today,you are right Serbia is third and france 4th.
Re: Afro Basketball 2017: Nigeria 78 Vs 77 Côte D'ivoire by somehow: 7:06pm On Sep 09, 2017
I really do not see the good in France though even before now.

See Germany beating them. Germany that couldn't even beat Israel.
successinlife:

I am not rating the present france basketball team,they have dropped indept maybe because of new players coming through,Serbia is coming up and has caught up with France team of today,you are right Serbia is third and france 4th.
Re: Afro Basketball 2017: Nigeria 78 Vs 77 Côte D'ivoire by successinlife: 7:38pm On Sep 09, 2017
somehow:
I really do not see the good in France though even before now.

See Germany beating them. Germany that couldn't even beat Israel.

Didn't you watch the olympics of 2012 & 2016? I follow basketball as much as football,even the 2015 afrobasket we won,i saw it coming and i did say the only team that we should avoid is Tunisia,2013 edition Naija team was like this 2017 team,they struggle because there isn't a good 3 point shooter because oguchi was not cleared to play for Nigeria.2015 squad cunningly pulled out of this team because NBBF did not retain Will Vogh as their coach,Good luck to Naija,i would have loved we keep the guy because of his work ethics and professionalism.
Re: Afro Basketball 2017: Nigeria 78 Vs 77 Côte D'ivoire by somehow: 7:57pm On Sep 09, 2017
I was actually talking about the french team, not really Nigeria.

I know I watched the Olympics but can't recall much again until the semis
successinlife:

Didn't you watch the olympics of 2012 & 2016? I follow basketball as much as football,even the 2015 afrobasket we won,i saw it coming and i did say the only team that we should avoid is Tunisia,2013 edition Naija team was like this 2017 team,they struggle because there isn't a good 3 point shooter because oguchi was not cleared to play for Nigeria.2015 squad cunningly pulled out of this team because NBBF did not retain Will Vogh as their coach,Good luck to Naija,i would have loved we keep the guy because of his work ethics and professionalism.
Re: Afro Basketball 2017: Nigeria 78 Vs 77 Côte D'ivoire by successinlife: 8:05pm On Sep 09, 2017
somehow:
I was actually talking about the french team, not really Nigeria.

I know I watched the Olympics but can't recall much again until the semis

Ok, Nigeria vs Mali is less than 30 minutes.Let's enjoy the fun as it last.
Re: Afro Basketball 2017: Nigeria 78 Vs 77 Côte D'ivoire by somehow: 8:07pm On Sep 09, 2017
Imagine Uganda that almost upset Angola couldn't even beat congo.. Funny.
successinlife:

Re: Afro Basketball 2017: Nigeria 78 Vs 77 Côte D'ivoire by carbonado(m): 8:12pm On Sep 09, 2017
successinlife:

which station will show it....
Re: Afro Basketball 2017: Nigeria 78 Vs 77 Côte D'ivoire by carbonado(m): 8:12pm On Sep 09, 2017
Senegal is killing Egypt...
Re: Afro Basketball 2017: Nigeria 78 Vs 77 Côte D'ivoire by successinlife: 8:16pm On Sep 09, 2017
somehow:
Imagine Uganda that almost upset Angola couldn't even beat congo.. Funny.

That is sport,the underdogs always like to cause upset against bigger teams,when it comes to less popular teams they faulter big time.Nigeria has more enemies than friends as far as afro basket is concerned,both the masculine and feminine teams should buckle up to avoid upsets.
Re: Afro Basketball 2017: Nigeria 78 Vs 77 Côte D'ivoire by rlauncher(m): 8:25pm On Sep 09, 2017
Nigeria vs Mali match is about starting.
Re: Afro Basketball 2017: Nigeria 78 Vs 77 Côte D'ivoire by carbonado(m): 8:30pm On Sep 09, 2017
rlauncher:

Nigeria vs Mali match is about starting.
what station will show it...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ex-nigeria Footballer Nduka Ugbade Becomes The First NPFL Coach To Be Sacked / Barcelona Turn Down Signing Pogba, Haaland / Guardiola Named EPL Manager Of The Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.