Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,889 members, 7,806,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

Google Looks At Devices Market, May Buy Troubled HTC - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Google Looks At Devices Market, May Buy Troubled HTC (6643 Views)

This Is What Whatsapp’s Night Mode Looks Like (Photos) / The New Htc Devices Htc U 11+ And U11 Life / Google Buys HTC Assets In $1.1bn Return To Mobile Phone Ownership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google Looks At Devices Market, May Buy Troubled HTC by OBAGADAFFI: 10:23am On Sep 11, 2017
The same Google bought Motorola and sold it to Lenovo.

Software companies aren't good in Managing hardware companies.

I.e Microsoft and Nokia.
Re: Google Looks At Devices Market, May Buy Troubled HTC by martineverest(m): 10:25am On Sep 11, 2017
ollah1:

Common bro. You know better.

Nexus and Pixel aren't hafeware firms but just phone models

Motorola was bought simply because of it's patents.

I know bro....Motorola was bought to get more royalties from Microsoft, but Google greedily sued Microsoft in order to increase Motorolas Royalties but ended up losing and court asked Microsoft to pay far lower royalty... Right now, with Nokia, Huawei and t-mobile innovative connectivity, Microsoft might dump the usage of Motorola IP. Thus, Google will be at loss...
Re: Google Looks At Devices Market, May Buy Troubled HTC by joinnow: 11:00am On Sep 11, 2017
DAT what happens when you price your self out of market
Re: Google Looks At Devices Market, May Buy Troubled HTC by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 11, 2017
martineverest:
I know bro....Motorola was bought to get more royalties from Microsoft, but Google greedily sued Microsoft in order to increase Motorolas Royalties but ended up losing and court asked Microsoft to pay far lower royalty... Right now, with Nokia, Huawei and t-mobile innovative connectivity, Microsoft might dump the usage of Motorola IP. Thus, Google will be at loss...

The bolded says it all. How was your weekend ?
Re: Google Looks At Devices Market, May Buy Troubled HTC by itelMobileNG: 11:38am On Sep 11, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:
Seriously HTC is really struggling, their devices hardly go very far these days, even itel devices hold more market share in Africa than HTC. cheesy

Very true smiley
Re: Google Looks At Devices Market, May Buy Troubled HTC by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 11, 2017
first of all, what has google achieved with google pixel that they want to buy htc? now they are doing google home which i know wont come to africa in years to come.
Re: Google Looks At Devices Market, May Buy Troubled HTC by AlwaysUltraPad: 1:21pm On Sep 11, 2017
DIKEnaWAR:
HTC is overpriced and they want to form like an iPhone without a viable brand. Aside this I love the phone.
you know nothing about HTC . Did I hear "without a viable brand"? HTC forming like iPhone? Go and read the court case between the 2 companies and see who won. Unlike how Samsung succumbed to instrumentality of law against apple, HTC didn't. HTC used Android first when you've not seen what you call smart phone today. Where was apple in 2005? They(apple) went through what HTC is going through today...just like every company. Didn't you hear where they said Huawei poached their best engineers? Or don't you know the same Huawei is topping the smart phone market even ahead of iPhone?

You people talk anyhow.
Re: Google Looks At Devices Market, May Buy Troubled HTC by AlwaysUltraPad: 1:25pm On Sep 11, 2017
donbrowser:
Google won't make any difference with HTC. Still looking for a company that can render iPhone useless.
with design and financial strength, HTC could.
Re: Google Looks At Devices Market, May Buy Troubled HTC by martineverest(m): 2:23pm On Sep 11, 2017
ollah1:

The bolded says it all. How was your weekend ?
awesome..... It's been awhile. Are u in Instagram?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get Glo 7GB For 1500 Naira, Valid For 7 Days / White Screen Problem(se W850i) / Samsung S8 Snapdragon 835 Is A Beast!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.