Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai (26623 Views)

Mohammed Nasiru Sani Is Winners Chapel Suicide Bomber's Name, Not Nathaniel- FFK / Moment Nasiru Gawuna Was Taken By Police For Disrupting Collation Of Results / What Happens To Your State If Oil Dries Up Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:12am On Sep 10, 2017
zenmaster:

Oil drilling will cause pollution, hurricanes and tornadoes plus earthquakes

To blazes with crude oil

Have they not been drilling for ages? That one is quack excuse. There is what is called sound drilling practices to reduce environmental negative impacts. Also, channelling the returns appropriately will reduce Crude dependence. Malam El-Rufai just said thrash above. Sad people like these are the ones that rule us.
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by Oshio2016(m): 10:15am On Sep 10, 2017
He should also pray that the country is fully restructured, so that individual entity will find different ways to develop, and avoid all regions to be fully dependent on one particular region.

3 Likes

Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by Sunshine1969: 10:18am On Sep 10, 2017
El Rufai Chairs the APC committee on restructuring! Please I beg him start the thinking well project by recommending restructuring so that only the bearers of the evil called oil will suffer while the rest of the states will start the thinking development proposal! its a better suggestion from him. Other nations with oil make better use of it while in NAIJA its a devil to the bearing communities! Until the country is restructured the consequence of " the dry oil" country will not be experimented.
How will they accept restructuring when they fear temporal poverty and cut in cash, corrupt leaders sharing the future of millions of people around few cabals with recycled brains! They die only to hand down the estate of corruption to their lazy children to continue to steal the nation dry!
The public service has turned to a family business where vacancies are hidden till their children finish school to occupy, while the left over ate sold to the poor under an illegal replacement scheme! God is watching!

2 Likes

Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by Ugosample(m): 10:22am On Sep 10, 2017
omohayek:

Yours is the first sensible comment on this thread! The unanimous condemnation in all the others only goes to show that El-Rufai was telling the truth: Nigerians have become so addicted to (and dependent on) "free" oil money that they can't even conceive of another way of life other than scrambling by any and every means to maximize their share of the fixed "national cake" derived from oil rents. How much oil, gas, gold or other mineral resources do the likes of Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Switzerland or Austria have? Can anyone say they are worse off than resource rich countries like Congo, Nigeria or even South Africa?

The parasitical mindset which oil money has bred in Nigerians is at the root of so many of the country's problems, but the allure of eating without working is so strong that most Nigerians can't even see the problem.

You guys are so right.

Wealth without work or innovation have ruined resource rich third world countries

Look at the Nigerian society, the allure for free money is just irresistible, e.g. MMM, unbridled sports betting, extortion in the road, etc

It's a shame tho

2 Likes

Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by cjman1010: 10:22am On Sep 10, 2017
He has got enough of the the oil money and wants it to dry....selfish man

1 Like

Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by Ugosample(m): 10:23am On Sep 10, 2017
Headlaw:
This is just the bitter truth. I'm living in the oil city of Port Harcourt. I have seen deeply into the oil sector, what is solely keeping all of us here in Port Harcourt is oil. Take away oil and Nigeria economy will collapse. Nigerians are lacking in creativity thinking. I'm looking forward in having my family abroad because the future of this country is heading to the rock. People that are seeing the future has started planning.

You are SO right

And you can move your family abroad too, that is not a bad idea.

2 Likes

Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by obailala(m): 10:23am On Sep 10, 2017
Just taking a look at the comments on the first page, it is obvious that prejudice against Rufai has completely twisted the brains of too many people. Rufai has simply stated the gospel truth about how oil wealth has killed the thinking faculty and left Nigeria as a lazy undeveloping nation since 1959.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by hammerk: 10:24am On Sep 10, 2017
fratermathy and nengibo

This is exactly wat i was saying yesterday. I have heard yorubas say the same too.

Without oil, they will not even accept the SS to be their slaves.

Fratermathy, the Urhobo slave to N/SW, where does dat leave u?
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 10:24am On Sep 10, 2017
fk001:

We don't care what other people think about us.

What is wrong in what he said? he only state the obvious.

We are lazy because of oil

Then let's go our separate ways so that you can have a nation without oil.
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by fk001(m): 10:25am On Sep 10, 2017
SlayQueenSlayer:

Then let's go our separate ways so that you can have a nation without oil.

Who is holding you back?
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by paschu: 10:28am On Sep 10, 2017
Really

So why do you guys cry blue murder and mobilise soldiers whenever militants decide to hslt oil production?

obailala:
Just taking a look at the comments on the first page, it is obvious that prejudice against Rufai has completely twisted the brains of too many people. Rufai has simply stated the gospel truth about how oil wealth has killed the thinking faculty and left Nigeria as a lazy undeveloping nation since 1959.

So hypocritical!

Ugosample:

You guys are so right.

Wealth without work or innovation have ruined resource rich third world countries

Look at the Nigerian society, the allure for free money is just irresistible, e.g. MMM, unbridled sports betting, extortion in the road, etc

It's a shame tho

2 Likes

Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by BiafraAmaka(m): 10:29am On Sep 10, 2017
sarrki:
When generation fro your axis have milked and still milking it

When you yourself have been a beneficiary

People like you makes me believe what some people say about your type up North

How dare you speak against your masters,so you have grown balls?
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 10:30am On Sep 10, 2017
fk001:

Who is holding you back?

The visionless people who believe that Nigeria's unity is not negotiable.
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:30am On Sep 10, 2017
obailala:

Please tell me the gospel truth and that thing El-Rufai said. Look at Doha for instance. Is that not Oil Money? Are you not hearing of Arab companies owning refineries even in America to sell refined Crude instead of raw Crude? Is that not the power of Oil Money? These countries are expanding their companies chains to Europe even. For instance, Manchester City and PSG. Those are now Arab companies.

Our problem is having crooks as leaders and people supporting their deceits. Crude is a blessing. If we have the right leaders and channel the resources, we can change this country in a few years.

Unfortunately, we have people who reason like El-Rufai running Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by Ugosample(m): 10:32am On Sep 10, 2017
paschu:
Really

So why do you guys cry blue murder and mobilise soldiers whenever militants decide to hslt oil production?

So hypocritical!

What is so hypocritical about the truth ?

Nigeria hooked on oil is the biggest problem of Nigeria, and to the Niger Delta too.

It's the resource curse, or Dutch Disease if you may.

Do a little research on these terms, you need it
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by MONITZ: 10:33am On Sep 10, 2017
U wish the oil dries up nd at the same time u nd ur folks up north re still obsessed with discovering oil in the north so much that u ve spent so so huge amounts of money on this fruitless venture...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:33am On Sep 10, 2017
obailala:

Tell your El-Rufai to stop collecting Allocations. Simple. If not he is a liar and a hypocritical deceiver.

1 Like

Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by fk001(m): 10:33am On Sep 10, 2017
SlayQueenSlayer:

The visionless people who believe that Nigeria's unity is not negotiable.

You people should channel your anger to your lawmakers, they are the only people that can set you free.
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by Amoto94(m): 10:33am On Sep 10, 2017
No wonder Nairaland is rated as a forum with users with least IQ, El-Rufai made a sensible comment instead of some people to critically look at it from the prism of objectivity they didn't but hurl abusive words at him and the people he represents.

With this mindset we still have a longway to go in this part of the world.

2 Likes

Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:34am On Sep 10, 2017
Ugosample:

What is so hypocritical about the truth ?

Nigeria hooked on oil is the biggest problem of Nigeria, and to the Niger Delta too.

It's the resource curse, or Dutch Disease if you may.

Do a little research on these terms, you need it

Stop collecting allocations. Simple solution to your state's problem.
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by Ugosample(m): 10:35am On Sep 10, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Please tell me the gospel truth and that thing El-Rufai said. Look at Doha for instance. Is that not Oil Money? Are you not hearing o Arab companies owning refineries even in America to sell refined Crude instead of raw Crude? Is that not the power of Oil Money? These countries are expanding their companies chains to Europe even. For instance, Manchester City and PSG. Those are now Arab companies.

Our problem is having crooks as leaders and people supporting their deceits. Crude is a blessing. If we have the right leaders and channel the resources, we can change this country in a few years.

Unfortunately, we have people who reason like El-Rufai running Nigeria.

There is a reason why the Dubai you mentioned diversified into the services sector, precisely the Tourism and other sectors, and that is because primary resource dependency is a recipe for disaster.

And Dubai as an emirate makes more mibet from the services sector than oil

But you are right about the wicked leaders part.

We got vision less people in Africa, our own is to eat everything today and let tomorrow take care of itself

shame

2 Likes

Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:35am On Sep 10, 2017
Amoto94:
No wonder Nairaland is rated as a forum with users with least IQ, El-Rufai made a sensible comment instead of some people to critically look at it from the prism of objectivity they didn't but hurl abusive words at him and the people he represents.

With this mindset we still have a longway to go in this part of the world.

Tell us the sense in why Saudi Arabia, UAE and Russia who depend on Crude Revenue developed well why Nigeria who depend on Crude did not develop. Crude is a factor in all regions but did not affect their development.

El-Rufai said a sensible thrash.
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by 9jatatafo(m): 10:37am On Sep 10, 2017
The folly of one Nigeria

1 Like

Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by bejeria101(m): 10:37am On Sep 10, 2017
I pray you dry up! Midget.

2 Likes

Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 10:38am On Sep 10, 2017
fk001:

You people should channel your anger to your lawmakers, they are the only people that can set you free.

If you look beyond and think deeper, you will know that nobody is free.
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:38am On Sep 10, 2017
Ugosample:

There is a reason why the Dubai you mentioned diversified into the services sector, precisely the Tourism and other sectors, and that is because primary resource dependency is a recipe for disaster.

And Dubai as an emirate makes more mibet from the services sector than oil

But you are right about the wicked leaders part.

We got vision less people in Africa, our own is to eat everything today and let tomorrow take care of itself

shame

Now you can see that Crude was a blessing for diversification. Not a hindrance. You can see El-Rufai is talking thrash. Growth will come quick by using the revenue for Genuine investment in Sustainable projects. Unfortunately, crooks like El-Rufai will prefer to loot the money, not invest it properly and blame the Crude.

#OurMumuDonDo

1 Like

Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by TITOBIGZ(m): 10:40am On Sep 10, 2017
Headlaw:
This is just the bitter truth. I'm living in the oil city of Port Harcourt. I have seen deeply into the oil sector, what is solely keeping all of us here in Port Harcourt is oil. Take away oil and Nigeria economy will collapse. Nigerians are lacking in creativity thinking. I'm looking forward in having my family abroad because the future of this country is heading to the rock. People that are seeing the future has started planning.
Can you adopt me,biko sad

1 Like

Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 10, 2017
sarrki:

http://thenationonlineng.net/pray-nigeria-oil-dries-says-el-rufai/

Nigeria was a stupid n idiotic country with no future long before the oil boom. Oil is not our problem Mr Man.
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by Ugosample(m): 10:41am On Sep 10, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Stop collecting allocations. Simple solution to your state's problem.

Even tho I see through the sarcasm, you are right

If a state can be bold enough to do that in Nigeria, and then take out loans from China to upgrade the infrastructure, and then create a conducive environment for companies and industries to site their companies there, I kid you not, that state will be the best state in Nigeria.

Free money has not helped anybody.

Rwanda is a resource poor country, but they were bold enough to wean themselves from foreign aid and other hand puts from outside, and today, that country is an example of a success story, achieving feats that resource rich Countries such as Congo, Angola and Nigeria can only dream of.

So yes, it's not a bad idea.

2 Likes

Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by axeman10(m): 10:42am On Sep 10, 2017
You don't have to pray... Serious minded/Developed countries are already planning for life after oil, the ban on petrol cars from 2040 is just the beginning.

My advise for El-Rufai, start with your state, I won't say reject your allocation, but use it to diversify economic activities in your state such that allocation from oil revenues become an extra for the welfare of your people.

Easier said than done abi? Our lazy a.ssed political class can't just think out of box.

1 Like

Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by Pecca: 10:42am On Sep 10, 2017
sarrki:

http://thenationonlineng.net/pray-nigeria-oil-dries-says-el-rufai/
Whenever they talk, its from the other side of their face! Hay-Pee-Cee.
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by Stylz69(m): 10:43am On Sep 10, 2017
True talk but this was one of the campaign promises of the APC; to diversify the economy and reduce the reliance on Oil. However, on assuming power, one of the first things the King of the North did was to start oil exploration in the North. Sound bites is all it is!!!! Stop talking and start diversifying!! Even of oil doesn't dry up, the demand will reduce drastically when the west move to hybrid and electric vehicles.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

El-Rufai Smiling As He Meets Bishops To Settle Rift With Christians (Photos) / Supporters Wave At Abba K Yusuf, PDP Kano Candidate On His Way To Bebeji / Breaking News: Abdulraham Abdulrazaq Emerges Most Popular Politician In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.