Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,382 members, 7,781,082 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:32 AM

I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai (26591 Views)

Mohammed Nasiru Sani Is Winners Chapel Suicide Bomber's Name, Not Nathaniel- FFK / Moment Nasiru Gawuna Was Taken By Police For Disrupting Collation Of Results / What Happens To Your State If Oil Dries Up Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by Ugosample(m): 10:44am On Sep 10, 2017
Amoto94:
No wonder Nairaland is rated as a forum with users with least IQ, El-Rufai made a sensible comment instead of some people to critically look at it from the prism of objectivity they didn't but hurl abusive words at him and the people he represents.

With this mindset we still have a longway to go in this part of the world.

It's a shame

But you will not blame them tho

He does not sound sincere, even tho it is a good idea
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:45am On Sep 10, 2017
Ugosample:

Even tho I see through the sarcasm, you are right

If a state can be bold enough to do that in Nigeria, and then take out loans from China to upgrade the infrastructure, and then create a conducive environment for companies and industries to site their companies there, I kid you not, that state will be the best state in Nigeria.

Free money has not helped anybody.

Rwanda is a resource poor country, but they were bold enough to wean themselves from foreign aid and other hand puts from outside, and today, that country is an example of a success story, achieving feats that resource rich Countries such as Congo, Angola and Nigeria can only dream of.

So yes, it's not a bad idea.

Even better is using the allocations, investing them in credible sustainable projects in Education, Agriculture, technology, medicine etc. Then welcome transformation. If a state cut-off allocations, take loans from a China, Banks etc and is still run by a crook, the state will be in a worse position.

We need strict laws to restrict easy theft of our resources and wastage. Not Crude Oil drying.
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by Amoto94(m): 10:46am On Sep 10, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Tell us the sense in why Saudi Arabia, UAE and Russia who depend on Crude Revenue developed well why Nigeria who depend on Crude did not develop. Crude is a factor in all regions but did not affect their development.

El-Rufai said a sensible thrash.
For the countries that developed using their oil wealth one factor is key political stability and continuity. Even at that they realized that oil is not sustainable and it causes laziness, so right now they're planning to wean themselves off the dependence on oil revenue. Dubai is using tourism and other service based sectors while Russia is using military and technology exportation.
Saudi Arabia recently launched vision 2030 which is been spearheaded by the Crown Prince Muhammad bin Salman also known as MBS
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by freedom96: 10:51am On Sep 10, 2017
Cyynthia:
Just look at what this fool is saying.
He's smarter than ur daddy actually smiley
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:51am On Sep 10, 2017
Amoto94:
For the countries that developed using their oil wealth one factor is key political stability and continuity. Even at that they realized that oil is not sustainable and it causes laziness, so right now they're planning to wean themselves off the dependence on oil revenue. Dubai is using tourism and other service based sectors while Russia is using military and technology exportation.
Saudi Arabia recently launched vision 2030 which is been spearheaded by the Crown Prince Muhammad bin Salman also known as MBS

So El-Rufai should stop saying thrash. Our problem is political crooks, not Crude Oil Revenue. Even Saudi Arabia's diversion will utilize Crude Revenue.
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by Bruno531(m): 10:52am On Sep 10, 2017
Deceivers..thkse people take us for granted

1 Like

Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by DgreatKALU(m): 10:53am On Sep 10, 2017
short man with a small brain, other oil rich nations that made use of it judiciously nko?
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by paschu: 10:53am On Sep 10, 2017
Simple question:

Why do you go to war over oil, if you truly hate it so bad?

Why do you antagonize ND and IPOB when they talk about disconnecting you from the oil?

You simply pray for oil to dry up because it is not yours.

Admit it.

It's like that woman that stole another woman's baby. She was quick to wish death to the child rather than see the other woman take the child home.

Pure wickedness.

Ugosample:

What is so hypocritical about the truth ?

Nigeria hooked on oil is the biggest problem of Nigeria, and to the Niger Delta too.

It's the resource curse, or Dutch Disease if you may.

Do a little research on these terms, you need it

2 Likes

Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by Cyynthia(f): 10:53am On Sep 10, 2017
freedom96:
He's smarter than my daddy actually smiley
Nice one.
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by willibounce1(m): 10:53am On Sep 10, 2017
what is wrong with this lair? Is he not enjoying the free money? You pray oil should dry up yet you don't want the country to be restructured so that states can control their resources. Wetin kaduna dey produce. what steps has el rufai taken in his state to make them independent of federal allocation. how valuable is their IGR. He just open mouth dey talk nonsense. Since you pray the oil dry up, then stop collecting oil money from FG...

2 Likes

Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by freedom96: 10:54am On Sep 10, 2017
Cyynthia:

I'm an idiot.
True.
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by obailala(m): 10:56am On Sep 10, 2017
paschu:
Really

So why do you guys cry blue murder and mobilise soldiers whenever militants decide to hslt oil production?

So hypocritical!

What do you understand by the word 'hypocritical'? Could it be that the topic of discussion is beyond your intellectual ability to comprehend? Why dont you ask when in doubt?

Nigeria's economy is currently hinged on ONLY OIL. If you stop the oil flowing today, Nigeria's economy dries up, inflation goes up, there's instant hunger and suffering across the land, your mothers, fathers and children go hungry. Nigeria got a taste of that in 2016 when militants brought down Nigeria's oil production by over 50% and till now, we havent completely recovered from it. Even an elementary school child knows this, so how exactly can any adult possibly be asking me why I cried blue murder when militants halted oil production?

All of the above horrible things can happen only because Nigeria relies on only one commodity (oil) for its survival. Before oil was discovered, Nigeria's economy was diversified, we had oil palm, cocoa, cotton, groundnut, rubber etc etc. Nigeria had plenty commodities and services which maintained its economy but with the comming of oil, Nigeria and Nigerians became physically and intellectually lazy due to the massive easy money coming from oil; every other means of support for the economy was abandoned. This explains the wisdom behind El Rufai's prayer for oil to dry up so Nigerians can become hardworking again and stop being parasitic.

Hope you get the point now?

2 Likes

Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by zoboking: 10:56am On Sep 10, 2017
See talk that make sense.
Oil has hindered our development surprisingly
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by talk2emma: 10:57am On Sep 10, 2017
Yet he collect the Oli money this half man is wicked
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by paschu: 10:58am On Sep 10, 2017
Simple question @ obailala:

Why do you go to war over oil, if you truly hate it so bad?

Why do you antagonize ND and IPOB when they talk about disconnecting you from the oil?

You simply pray for oil to dry up because it is not yours.

Admit it.

It's like that woman that stole another woman's baby. She was quick to wish death to the child rather than see the other woman take the child home.

Pure wickedness.

[s]

obailala:

What do you understand by the word 'hypocritical'? Could it be that the topic of discussion is beyond your intellectual ability to comprehend? Why dont you ask when in doubt?

Nigeria's economy is currently hinged on ONLY OIL. If you stop the oil flowing today, Nigeria's economy dries up, inflation goes up, there's instant hunger and suffering across the land, your mothers, fathers and children go hungry. Nigeria got a taste of that in 2016 when militants brought down Nigeria's oil production by over 50% and till now, we havent completely recovered from it. Even an elementary school child knows this, so how exactly can any adult possibly be asking me why I cried blue murder when militants halted oil production?

All of the above horrible things can happen only because Nigeria relies on only one commodity (oil) for its survival. Before oil was discovered, Nigeria's economy was diversified, we had oil palm, cocoa, cotton, groundnut, rubber etc etc. Nigeria had plenty commodities and services which maintained its economy but with the comming of oil, Nigeria and Nigerians became physically and intellectually lazy due to the massive easy money coming from oil; every other means of support for the economy was abandoned. This explains the wisdom behind El Rufai's prayer for oil to dry up so Nigerians can become hardworking again and stop being parasitic.

Hope you get the point now?
[/s]

1 Like

Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by talk2emma: 11:01am On Sep 10, 2017
Half man with no brain
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 10, 2017
The midget is yarning dust again!

The only solution is Nigeria going back to regional government. If all federating unit are in control of their resources, only then will all Nigerian's look inward and harness whatever resources that is of value to them.

Not this silly prayer of oil drying up which will never happen in another 200 years!!!

RESTRUCTURE NOW!!!

1 Like

Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by BiggyBamBam: 11:07am On Sep 10, 2017
Why dont you pray to STOP receiving allocation from the money Oil brings in.

1 Like

Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by Ttipsy(f): 11:10am On Sep 10, 2017
Rubbish

1 Like

Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by echarlz(m): 11:12am On Sep 10, 2017
Before it dries up, El-rufai should stop accepting the "free" oil money first

1 Like

Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by souk2492(m): 11:14am On Sep 10, 2017
Well he sounds better, Nigeria economy is on great concern, but himself too is putting woe to the economy. Not by saying what seems the lapses and Carter away with the millions. He was into this take home politics since the beginning of this Republic and he knows all catastrophe that are yet to prevail, why don't he create ways to have them achieved. I know Elrufia as tribalist

1 Like

Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by Bedlecturer(m): 11:15am On Sep 10, 2017
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by Geechild: 11:20am On Sep 10, 2017
Well said!
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 10, 2017
sarrki:

http://thenationonlineng.net/pray-nigeria-oil-dries-says-el-rufai/
Having used oil well money to develop your family now u are wishing other bad .....the fct money where did u think it came from ....
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by Ajekuiya: 11:24am On Sep 10, 2017
sarrki:

http://thenationonlineng.net/pray-nigeria-oil-dries-says-el-rufai/

You pray it's dries up! Maybe it will but about 65% of oil blocks in Nigeria is owned by the North in another man region, they north must have milked every oil and gain lot of doe from it, then it dries up leaving the real owners with nothing so they can stop clamouring and begging for a way out.

This politicians and there statement requires common sense to deduce what they really mean man, this is El rufai and I think he spoke the mind of some leaders in his region too.

Take his stance add it to that of Tanko Yankassai and add it to Buhari's body language in totality.
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by bayelsaowei(m): 11:32am On Sep 10, 2017
madenigga:
Which one is u pray oil dries up?

If the oil is disturbing you, why dont you push for true federalism nd resource control so that the states who hv oil wud mk use of it since its affecting you.

Ita affecting you yet you dont want to stop collecting money made from it?
El rufai is a fool...
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by Mbediogu(m): 11:36am On Sep 10, 2017
You want the oil to dry after it developed Abuja. You now want it to dry as way of depriving the real owners? And you are a fair minded patriotic leader. May God forgive you.
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by kudosamass(m): 11:41am On Sep 10, 2017
We must learn how to differentiate a message from the messanger.

To me, what El-rufai said convinced me that those pro Federal Character apologists & anti-restructuring agents know what they are doing.

El-rufai represents the aforementioned groups. It is either he is having a change of mind, or he has started the 2019 election politics.

Must we wait for Oil to dry up before we start to think? Well, thanks to El-rufai for clarifying me! I was thinking that maybe, Northern leaders genuinely did not understand that the Unitary structure and monocultural economy in a heterogeneous & multicultural society like Nigeria are the real causes of our retrogression & backwardness!

What nobody is talking about now is that those who will loose the most at the end of this stupid game are those who own the source of this free money. Their environment has being destroyed for good! Aqua life, their main source of livelihood has been destroyed! The land can no long sustain Agriculture!

And then, Oil will be worthless in few decades time! No alternative Economy is being created to cushion the effect of post oil society! And restructuring which will no doubt activate the creation of alternative Economy is being resisted by some of our brothers up North, ably represented by Mallam Nasri El-rufai!

So, my question is, what is the Niger Delta going to depend on after oil becomes irrelevant; considering the degree of deverstation on their ecosystem?

If El-rufai is having a change of heart, good for all! If he is playing the 2019 politics, bad for all!

I am not convinced on a lot of things in Nigeria, but I am convinced that a restructured Nigeria will benefit Northern Nigeria more any other Region. WHY?

1. The present structure was designed by the North to favour the North. North has continued to rule Nigeria, but remains the most backward part of Nigeria. This tells us that the design isn't benefiting the North!

2. Every other region in Nigeria, apat from the North, has continued to make progress one way or the other despite the suffocating structure. Quota system in Admission into Tertiary Institutions has not translated to more intake from North!

3. Northern youths are not less intelligent to others! They are not lazy either! I have worked with them. But laziness & lack of incentive to compete with others are being continually institutionalized in the North by the the present structure. Who is loosing? North!

4. As long as the present structure continues to exist, North will continue to be stagnant as proven by the years of its practice. As long as this system continues to be obtained, other regions will continue to progress one way or the other as proven by its practice over the years!

5. Northern Nigeria will fair better in a restructured Nigeria than this strangulating structure.

6. The enormous human and natural resources in Northern Nigeria can only be harnessed in a functional Nigeria occationed by restructuring.

SO, I advise El-rufai & co to fastly locate their thinking cap!

2 Likes

Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by dizzyime: 11:43am On Sep 10, 2017
The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) says 19 people have passed on in a loathsome engine mischance along Kano – Katsina Road. The Public Relations Officer of the FRSC Sector Command in the state, Mr Kabir Ibrahim-Daura, revealed this to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Kano on Saturday. Kabir-Daura said that the occurrence happened close Lambun Garban Bichi, on the edges of Bichi town, around 8:30 a.m. on Friday. Read more. http://www.naijatrending.com.ng/ breaking-news/nigerians-mourns-19-die-motor- accident/
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by dizzyime: 11:43am On Sep 10, 2017
The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) says 19 people have passed on in a loathsome engine mischance along Kano – Katsina Road. The Public Relations Officer of the FRSC Sector Command in the state, Mr Kabir Ibrahim-Daura, revealed this to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Kano on Saturday. Kabir-Daura said that the occurrence happened close Lambun Garban Bichi, on the edges of Bichi town, around 8:30 a.m. on Friday. Read more. http://www.naijatrending.com.ng/ breaking-news/nigerians-mourns-19-die-motor- accident/
Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by ghostridder: 12:06pm On Sep 10, 2017
What a prayer! After building and primitively stealing so much to last your 10th generations yet unborn... God will make what u have stolen go dry. ..Amen!

1 Like

Re: I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai by ibbold(m): 12:08pm On Sep 10, 2017
Of what benefit will it be to you small devil? No wonder you are the worse performing elected public officer. Time will tell and this nation (NIGERIA) does not belong to you father.. Rubbish!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Who Is The Best Governor In The South East Since 1999 ? / Okonjo-Iweala Meets Buhari: WTO Won’t Harm Nigeria’s Economic Diversification / Prostitutes Plan Mass Protest Fuel Price Hike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.