Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,363 members, 7,780,996 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:11 AM

Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? (8912 Views)

"Things Are Not Going Well For Us" Happieboys Apologise To Apostle Chinyere (vid / Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? / Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? by 701ecilana: 9:25am On Sep 13, 2017
eyeon:
I just want to compare your thoughts with the one I've got here.
I know some people who do not go to Church but do live good Christian lives. But based on the way we're being compelled to go to Church almost all the time...
The question I have to ask is this:
Does Not Going To Church Make You A Bad Christian?
Your thoughts.
Cc. Lalasticlala.
What does it mean to be a Christian?
Re: Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 17, 2017
paxonel:

It depend on the individual and what he or she want from the lord.
It's only sick people that need physician according to Jesus. If the lord has made you whole then you are whole indeed. You don't need physician anymore.
If what church can offer is teaching the gospel, helping people(which are the best offers from religious groups) and someone have these things already, then there is no point going except he has specific appointment that will be of help to himself and others there.
Certainly, people keep going because they have not yet seen what they want. Most times, through out their life time they keep searching for God. But the truth is, God is right inside them, not in any gathering.
Scriptures have being given to buttress my point. The apostles were fellowshipping together in one accord that why the presence of God moved mightly on them. Corporate prayers are much effective and faster than single prayers
Re: Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? by paxonel(m): 9:25am On Sep 18, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Scriptures have being given to buttress my point. The apostles were fellowshipping together in one accord that why the presence of God moved mightly on them. Corporate prayers are much effective and faster than single prayers
That's very true!
But inspite of that they were scattered when persecution came, they could not gather anymore. They were scattered such that they find themselves in different countries preaching the same gospel and God allowed it to be so.
At that time, will you say God did not answer their individual prayers effectively where ever they find themselves?
Re: Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Sep 18, 2017
paxonel:

That's very true!
But inspite of that they were scattered when persecution came, they could not gather anymore. They were scattered such that they find themselves in different countries preaching the same gospel and God allowed it to be so.
At that time, will you say God did not answer their individual prayers effectively where ever they find themselves?
Matthew 5:10-12

10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
The above scripture was given to the apostles because they were going to experience persecutions. Yahweh allowed it to happen for a purpose which we're benefitting today.
Re: Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? by paxonel(m): 5:03pm On Sep 18, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Matthew 5:10-12

10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
The above scripture was given to the apostles because they were going to experience persecutions. Yahweh allowed it to happen for a purpose which we're benefitting today.
Exacty!
So you see,
There are christians who are not really interested in the gathering or anything religion. What they know is that they were brought up by their parents to believe in Christ and they believe sincerely,Yahweh is allowing them to be like that for a purpose.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jesus V Muhammed - Muslim Response - Talk Islam / Nigeria's Pastors 'As Rich As Oil Barons' / Church Attendance (most Recent) By Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.