Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,353 members, 7,800,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... (17688 Views)

Mercy Chinwo Gave ₦1,000,000 Back To A Church As An Offering After She Was Paid / Man Arrested For Stealing Money From Church Offering Box In Osun State / This Is Why A Church Usher Must Stop Stealing From Offering Box. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Mekanus(m): 11:42am On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:
SO many NIGERIA christians are with these mindset of going to church with any amount of cash in their their hands..to use for offering....AS a worker or as an employed human, that receives monthly salaries,, And as a true and a non hypocritical christian, you should be able to put nothing below 1,000 naira every sunday in the offering box. "You cannot spend thousands on drinks, food and recharge cards, including dstv and go tv subscriptions, etc.. without setting outside nothing less than Four thousand naira for the four sundays in a month, just to use as an offering, "note" "this is excluding "tithe" "Putting 100 naira, 500 naira, 50 naira in an offering box shows disrespect and disregard for GOD almighty, for he deserv much more than that.....WE dont have to be christians by mouth making, we need to show it too with our money....i hope you all change for the glory of GOD.
You're either a pastor or a pastors son. Ndi ori. Thieves

1 Like

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by MrSly(m): 11:42am On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:
Exactly...GOD bless you.... cc lalasticlala and mynd44
That guy@Wilgrea7 is not at the same side with you. He just used an ironic satire to challenge your view. Meanwhile, your view remains baseless because you failed to consider certain circumstances. Many people work. Some earn salaries ranging from 6k to 18k. Have you considered the Nigerian condition. A cup of rice is #100. The smallest fish is not less than #250, Other food items. That is just for food. People buy other utilities such as power in form of electricity, kerosene for cooking; a litre is #200. Payment of rent. Transportation. Then you have to use soap, cream, paste, brush. Now the medium size of oral b tooth paste is #300. And many more things. Ponder on this and I believe you will change your view, except if you are a dependant or not working, yourself or earning hundreds of thousands monthly.
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by CecyAdrian(f): 11:43am On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:
SO many NIGERIA christians are with these mindset of going to church with any amount of cash in their their hands..to use for offering....AS a worker or as an employed human, that receives monthly salaries,, And as a true and a non hypocritical christian, you should be able to put nothing below 1,000 naira every sunday in the offering box. "You cannot spend thousands on drinks, food and recharge cards, including dstv and go tv subscriptions, etc.. without setting outside nothing less than Four thousand naira for the four sundays in a month, just to use as an offering, "note" "this is excluding "tithe" "Putting 100 naira, 500 naira, 50 naira in an offering box shows disrespect and disregard for GOD almighty, for he deserv much more than that.....WE dont have to be christians by mouth making, we need to show it too with our money....i hope you all change for the glory of GOD.

Obviously, you are one of these scammers that call parade themselves as men of God. Do you look at the amount given or the heart and intention behind the giving.

Thank God, only Him can judge and award us blessings accordingly and God said he looks not at what you give but your heart

1 Like

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Fingerprinter(m): 11:43am On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:
SO will the 18,000 keep you alife? will the 18,000 give you long life and 100% good health? We fail to spend for GOD with the bad mindset of pastors using your money....this is not a good mentality.

Oga, it is obvious that you are a thief and a crook. It's either you are a pastor or one of their many agents looking for who to hoodwink to fall for your religious scams.
Go and look for work. God's account!

2 Likes

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by rossovu: 11:44am On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:
oga read the last paragraph
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by zeestone99(m): 11:45am On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:
There is what we call sacrifice to GOD in the christian race,, you pray to GOD to bless you, fast every week, but you cant sacrifice your money to GOD.....Remember that the hand that giveth will receive.

U Crack me up dis man, mayb u r a pastor. U need members to drop moni abi. Y sacrifice moni, yes u r right hand that giveth receives. The question is must it be only moni. U r talkin abt taking care of the church, if I come to clean the church once a week, it means notin to God right,because I didn't drop moni. If I provide shelter for a fellow man, it also means notin to God because I didn't drop cash, i sponsor a church project, it also have not giveth because I didn't drop cash for pastor to buy range abi. Mr man shift abeg

1 Like

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by sexy74(m): 11:46am On Sep 10, 2017
uboma:

Your argument is faulty.

Do you expect persons who earn just the minimum wage, NGN18,000.00 and below to donate 1k every Sunday?

By the way, what has the Church done for the ordinary members in their midst?

Abeg ask am again, what has the church done for a common man rather than keep on taxing them in the name of God.
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by blockchainz(f): 11:46am On Sep 10, 2017
Is offering collection your aim of starting a church, I see an aspiring pastor, guy man, and what if I give to a poor brother in church? ...is the money not still in the kingdom? ...lol
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Mekanus(m): 11:48am On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:
For your mind now you think he's on your side, Olodo
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Beedude(m): 11:49am On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:
SO will the 18,000 keep you alife? will the 18,000 give you long life and 100% good health? We fail to spend for GOD with the bad mindset of pastors using your money....this is not a good mentality.
So many people give more than that and still die without long life. The heart of the giver is what God needs. God doesn't want u to suffer. Suffering urself cos of offering in the church is foolish. In a country like Nigeria where the needy are more than the rich it will be very difficult to see anyone serving God if this ur view should be followed. My people perish becos they lack wisdom
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Primeinductor: 11:53am On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:

Please the issue of giving is boldly explained in 2nd Corinthians 9vs6...People should give as to how they are blessed and no matter how little, let it be with a thankful heart. Have a great day.
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by arent88(m): 11:56am On Sep 10, 2017
JONNYSPUTE:
Op u re one of the brain washed Christians who think that God needs our money. Get off that mentality. You re just like my cousine ,a pastor who came to my house to borrow a pair of my shoes to attend a church program,after the program,I didn't see him or my shoe for like a week. After like 2weeks he came Nd when I asked him abt the shoe he borrowed from me,he said he used it as a tithe. Lol,my own shoe? I beat am that day,arrested him with police until his elder brother came Nd pay me the exact amount I bought that shoe. Now tell me is the guys head correct? Some people re daft.
hahahahahahHA mean no disrespect man,but ur cousin is sick like seriously.
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:58am On Sep 10, 2017
arent88:
hahahahahahHA mean no disrespect man,but ur cousin is sick like seriously.
. More than sick. I still dey find wetin I go use qualify him sickness till now.
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Lancelott(m): 12:03pm On Sep 10, 2017
Some people earn 10k monthly. 1k tithe, 4k offering, 2k transportation, 1k data. Can 2k feed them for a whole month?
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by ncoolsome(m): 12:03pm On Sep 10, 2017
why don't we just put the whole salary then look up to God...u even giving us a particular amount we shouldn't go below make it funny...I will always give my widows might..
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by jericco1(m): 12:04pm On Sep 10, 2017
pennywys:
Space booked
I agree
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by KpagoGIN(m): 12:05pm On Sep 10, 2017
VocalWalls:

And tithe... Then seeds, transportation to church, pastors appreciation. how much will remain?

And was going to ask the same thing, why church no just employ we all without pay.
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by linearity: 12:06pm On Sep 10, 2017
Offering is not an obligation and it is not mandatory.

No where is it compel in the scriptures. Base on the Bible it must be from a willing heart, given cheerfully.

Setting an amount for offering is not biblical, there is no biblical precedent and it goes against the standards set by the scriptures.

The Pastor or Church clergy should not burden the members to take care of them financially, all the leaders of the early church did other works that sustained them financially and they were more effective than any present day Pastor. Finally, just like the members of the church put their faith in God and pray to Him for sustenance, the Pastors and Clergymen should do the same.

Jesus did not send his disciples out to go preach about getting money to maintain themselves or the church, he sent them to go spread the gospel about His death, resurrection, salvation and His second coming, the other things like shelter or substance may or may not follow.

Stop this nonsense! And concentrate on preaching the message of salvation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Codedrock(m): 12:06pm On Sep 10, 2017
This is so sad.. Seeing people's comments here on Nairaland means we still have a lot to change about our mentality. Not a Christian but I'd rather drop N50 as offering and use the remaining 950 to help someone
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by psalmuelwater(m): 12:07pm On Sep 10, 2017
Apina:
You are mad, physically and spiritually mad. undecided
The reason i scrolled down this far is to read this reply of yours. So apt.
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Nobody: 12:08pm On Sep 10, 2017
Yes a true Christian puts in much money as offering because God uses it to maintain the streets of gold in heaven. smiley
Saintsammurai:

2 Likes

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by galadima77(m): 12:09pm On Sep 10, 2017
This isn't the best way to appeal to people's conscience. By the way, preach the ways of the lord, don't be laying emphasy on money as if u need ur followers money to survive.
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by banmee(m): 12:11pm On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:
So you cant keep aside 4,000 out of 18,000 for offering.

You guys are just too dumb for words. You all deserve to be in perpetual poverty.

1 Like

Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Ejomax77(m): 12:15pm On Sep 10, 2017
tithe inclusive?
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by DEUNSTOPPABLE(m): 12:15pm On Sep 10, 2017
@OP, Check; 2 corinthians 9:7

However, I knw pple dat receives 12k or less at d end of every month...so, after paying 1,200 tithe, they will still pay anoda 1k per each Sunday as offering again? And eat, drink, cloth, give younger ones, give old ones, give d needy, pay monthly house rent, etc

I pray, God will take us above dat 1k per sunday offering level IJN...

Happy Sunday Brethren
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by internationalman(m): 12:19pm On Sep 10, 2017
Wilgrea7:
i think you are correct.. in fact.. God is greater than every other aspect .. so i don't think the money we spend on our feeding should be greater than the money we spend for offering.. our offering should be twice our feeding and rent put together.. because the all creator of everything is definitely interested in paper money
please don't come and kill me with laughter..
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by JhyMedex: 12:19pm On Sep 10, 2017
uboma:

I share same views as well.

I look out for widows and fatherless children around me and assist them to the best of my ability.

if Nigerians gave half of Wat dey constantly give to pastorprenuers to d less previleged in d society , poverty Wld av bn significantly reduced..

instead we line up in droves like sheeples every oda day dropping money in2 a Box..meanwhile on our way to dt church we saw n ignored hundreds of the poor n helpless who most needed our Help..

let's have av a change of heart fa..

One of d best parables Jesus gave was Abt giving to d less privileged..Matthew 25:31-40...

Cant remember him asking pple to come n drop money in his offering box....

Me thinks God will b more pleased with dis kinda offering.. n d society will b better 4 it.. Wehdone Sir.. grin..
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by abohwun(m): 12:21pm On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:
Any quotation from the Bible to back up your write up? if non then you are a false .......
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by Touchey: 12:24pm On Sep 10, 2017
You are entitled to your own opinion
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by FrankGiel: 12:25pm On Sep 10, 2017
Saintsammurai:
4000 offering+ 1800 Tithe +1200 other expense = 7000.
That equals approximately 40% of his income.. If u give this or more, let's have a discussion
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by JhyMedex: 12:25pm On Sep 10, 2017
uboma:

You are a thief for suggesting that someone who earns just 18k to part with 4k for offering.

So after the offering, this member can die in hunger and lack of adequate medical care while your self acclaimed men of god flaunt their I'll gotten wealth.
dnt 4get guy man still has to pay tithe!!!grin.. the gullibility of some fellows in d name of religion is mind boggling!!!grin..
Re: OPINION!! A Worker Is Not Suppose To Put Below 1,000 Naira In An Offering Box... by uboma(m): 12:29pm On Sep 10, 2017
JhyMedex:

if Nigerians gave half of Wat dey constantly give to pastorprenuers to d less previleged in d society , poverty Wld av bn significantly reduced..

instead we line up in droves like sheeples every oda day dropping money in2 a Box..meanwhile on our way to dt church we saw n ignored hundreds of the poor n helpless who most needed our Help..

let's have av a change of heart fa..

One of d best parables Jesus gave was Abt giving to d less privileged..Matthew 25:31-40...

Cant remember him asking pple to come n drop money in his offering box....

Me thinks God will b more pleased with dis kinda offering.. n d society will b better 4 it.. Wehdone Sir.. grin..

You are so on point Sir.

Let's all contribute towards improving the lives of the less privileged ones around us.

the churches we have today are simply money making ventures. they are profit driven and have completely deviated from true Christianity.

Jesus Christ, while on earth, refused to ride on a Horse (which was a sign of luxury at the time) but preferred to ride on a beast of burden, a Donkey. Jesus Christ only had a pair of sandals during his time.

what do we have today? Fake men of god maintaining luxurious lifestyles and even going about with armed guards.

oh my God, Christianity of today needs a complete overhaul.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

OPM Opens Its 14th Free Nursery And Primary Schools In Lagos State / Flee Sexual Sins / HOT from the PRESS: Pastor W.F. Kumuyi’s Wife Dies At 57

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.