Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith (15147 Views)

What Are Your Favourite Bible Characters? / 10 Bible Verses Against Yahoo Yahoo, Ponzi Scheme, Money Rituals / Some Inspirational Bible Characters You Should Model Yourself After Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by Guilderland1(m): 2:27pm On Sep 10, 2017
Happy Sunday
Please see reasons why you should never allow anyone to kiss your baby

http://www.dailyinfo.ga/2017/04/why-you-should-never-let-anyone-kiss.html
Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by Freethought(m): 2:35pm On Sep 10, 2017
This article is just so incomplete without abraham
Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by neyoflexzyl(m): 2:36pm On Sep 10, 2017

Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by diana158(m): 3:06pm On Sep 10, 2017
Sniper12:
na fabu na. Dem no tell us how he went to south america to carry puma or how he went to australia to carry kangaroo inside the ark cheesy
when you read Genesis 6: 19-20, the Bible stated clearly that these animals shall come to him. Meanin he did not have to go looking for them. Have a nice sunday.
Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 10, 2017
diana158:
when you read Genesis 6: 19-20, the Bible stated clearly that these animals shall come to him. Meanin he did not have to go looking for them. Have a nice sunday.
so after d flood. The puma flew back to south america or swam the atlantic ocean right from israel hahahaha
Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by enimooko: 4:29pm On Sep 10, 2017
benosky:
Abraham is the father of faith and job is one of a kind.

Meanwhile....
Any Faith example without ABRAHAM is hardly complete! Good work though.
Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by Broderick555: 4:33pm On Sep 10, 2017
I love those who practices the last faith e.g The thief at the right hand side Christ on the cross
Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 10, 2017
NaijaNewsPapers:

It is very important to surround oneself with people who can impact your life for the good and not for the bad. Here is a list of a few great men and women worth hanging out with 24/7.

1. Noah was a man who took God seriously.
Noah did this; he did all that God commanded him. Genesis 6:22

2.Nehemiah was a man who silenced the Nay Sayers and did what they said he couldn’t do.
Then I replied to them, “The God of heaven will make us prosper, and we his servants will arise and build, but you have no portion or right or claim in Jerusalem.” Nehemiah 2:20

3. Job was a man whose life and resolve was tested beyond imagination, yet did not curse God.
“In all this Job did not sin or charge God with wrong.” Job 1:22

4. Joseph was a man who was completely devoted to the Lord even in times of injustice, betrayal, and temptation.
“As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today.” Genesis 50:20

5. Ruth was a woman who left everything she had for something far more greater than anything she’d ever imagined.
But Ruth said, “Do not urge me to leave you or to return from following you. For where you go I will go, and where you lodge I will lodge. Your people shall be my people, and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there will I be buried. May the LORD do so to me and more also if anything but death parts me from you.” And when Naomi saw that she was determined to go with her, she said no more.” Ruth 1:16-18

6. Esther was a woman who understood her times and seized the day not only for her people but also for God.
“For if you keep silent at this time, relief and deliverance will rise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father’s house will perish. And who knows whether you have not come to the kingdom for such a time as this?” Esther 4:14

7. Daniel was a man whose integrity and prayer life Helped him to see unbelievable miracles and prophetic mysteries.
“He went to his house where he had windows in his upper chamber open toward Jerusalem. He got down on his knees three times a day and prayed and gave thanks before his God, as he had done.” Daniel 6:10

8. Elijah was a man who availed himself in such a way to God. As a result, Gods used him mightily.
“Then the angel of the LORD said to Elijah, “Go down with him; do not be afraid of him.” So he arose and went down with him to the king.” 2 Kings 1:15

9. Paul was a man so passionate for the lost, that he literally would have walked upon broken glass just to reach the next person.
“A prophet named Agabus came down from Judea… took Paul’s belt and bound his own feet and hands and said, Thus says the Holy Spirit, ‘This is how the Jews at Jerusalem will bind the man who owns this belt and deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles… For I am ready not only to be imprisoned but even to die in Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.” Acts 21:10-14

10. Phillip was a man who chose to live by the spirit; follow His promptings; and be used by the Spirit.
“Rise and go toward the south to the road that goes down from Jerusalem to Gaza.” This is a desert place… And there was an Ethiopian.” Acts 8:25-40

http://www.naijanewspapers.com.ng/2017/09/10-bible-characters-of-great-faith.html

[img]https://3.bp..com/-HO-hGRNziyA/WbUR5jG2GCI/AAAAAAAAF6M/OtptcxotDI4p19tB3WPyvSw5NWwp-9P2wCLcBGAs/s640/Great-Faith.jpg[/img]

Same old story, keeps happening only in the Bible n never in real life.
Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by davss02(m): 6:04pm On Sep 10, 2017
zulex880:
Diego Llorente (Real Sociedad) converts his chance into a goal!
Mayor of dimwits !
Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by eodavids(m): 6:30pm On Sep 10, 2017
Those are men and women of great faith, indeed. Thanks OP
Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by piagetskinner(m): 9:56pm On Sep 10, 2017
Abraham should be topping that list even the book f Hebrews referenced the doggedness of his faith, so who are you not to
Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by Vioncy(f): 7:59am On Sep 11, 2017
sukkot:
but what is faith ?
Faith is that thing you know is not possible...but some how...you still believe it can be possible...like

you know for sure that you are hungry and you don't have a penny on you...and you know that that mama put woman no go gree sell food for credit, but u just carry ur two left legs go her kiosk....buy food finish, start to chop am, for ur mind u dey pray say baba God, honestly i Know no how i wan take pay her ooo, but thank you for paying for me" den, b4 you chop d food finish.... one of you paddy jux show, com say hmmmm oboi! dix wan you they chop dx food but ur belle stll flat like snake own, u sure say dx food do u soooo....(u just smile) then d guy go order for more plates com still pay for the wan u buy b4.....(for ur mind u go just say....BABA GOD "IS U BE DX"?

that's mY own definition of faith

but u must work oooo unless the faith na die

d guy work by, going out to d mama put shop.....God no go tro d food from heaven, na u go go fin d food, den him go com pay for ramgrin grin grin grin
Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by Jetjacky(m): 10:47am On Sep 11, 2017
Sniper12:
na fabu na. Dem no tell us how he went to south america to carry puma or how he went to australia to carry kangaroo inside the ark cheesy
you haven't read about human an animals migration, or the separation of the earth?
Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by 400billionman: 7:48pm On Sep 12, 2017
sukkot:
but what is faith ?

Faith is the substance of things HOPED for. The evidence of things UNSEEN.

This is how the Bible described faith.

The word of God is complete.

For me, faith is that ability to posses whatever i desire in life simply by having a mental picture of it and speaking about it into existence..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by 400billionman: 7:53pm On Sep 12, 2017
EMMYLASHTINS:
And no abraham smh

Abraham would have been called ritualist today. Sacrifice your only SON to me, and he obeyed..

There are just so many examples.

What of DAVID, a man who went into battle against a giant of over 7 foot tall, holding only a catapult and stones.

King David and Joseph are my best bible characters..
Re: 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith by IamOlusa(m): 4:32pm On Sep 16, 2017
EniHolar:

According to the Bible... It is the assurance of things hoped for. The evidence of things not seen.

It is the creative power that makes the unseen become realistic.

It is the belief that makes results gotten break barriers and by-pass/cancel natural laws.

Faith is the stimulus of a Christian.

Hebrew Chap 11 Vs 1

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

3 Ways We Misunderstand Being Born Again / Mufti Menk For The First Time In Kano - Nigeria / Happy 15th Anniversary To Omega Fire Ministries Worldwide (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.