Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,994 members, 7,799,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

How Does Western Union Money Transfer Work In Nigeria? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Does Western Union Money Transfer Work In Nigeria? (5157 Views)

Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions / Where Does Western Nigeria Get Money To Attract Commerce People / Does Western Union Still Function In Nigerian Banks? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does Western Union Money Transfer Work In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 10, 2017
Hello fellow Nairalanders. I believe I'll get some help here.

There's this guy I was carrying out a business with on fiverr. The budget is kinda cool so he was discussing ways to send me the money. A friend advised me to ask him to pay directly to my payoneer to avoid the fiverr 20% charge. Lol. The guy said he is not familiar with payoneer. He suggested using Western Union but I'm not familiar with it either.

How does it work here in Nigeria? Is it cool? Would you advise that I use it or do I go ahead with the fiverr 20% deduction? Thanks.

No bashing please. No one knows it all.

Lalasticlala abeg I need much info. Do the needful biko.

1 Like

Re: How Does Western Union Money Transfer Work In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 10, 2017
MasterRahl:

There's this guy I was carrying out a business with on fiverr. The budget is kinda cool so he was discussing ways to send me the money. A friend advised me to ask him to pay directly to my payoneer to avoid the fiverr 20% charge. Lol. The guy said he is not familiar with payoneer. He suggested using Western Union but I'm not familiar with it either.

How does it work here in Nigeria? Is it cool? Would you advise that I use it or do I go ahead with the fiverr 20% deduction? Thanks.

Re: How Does Western Union Money Transfer Work In Nigeria? by apostolos(m): 3:23pm On Sep 10, 2017
you can find this by Google search

1 Like

Re: How Does Western Union Money Transfer Work In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 10, 2017
apostolos:
you can find this by Google search
I see cool
Re: How Does Western Union Money Transfer Work In Nigeria? by gbzed(m): 4:11pm On Sep 10, 2017
If u nid US picker u can drop ur whatsapp number here 70/30

1 Like

Re: How Does Western Union Money Transfer Work In Nigeria? by FuckBooy: 4:53pm On Sep 10, 2017
gbzed:

#Worker #CardAnything

1 Like

Re: How Does Western Union Money Transfer Work In Nigeria? by FuckBooy: 4:57pm On Sep 10, 2017
[quote author=MasterRahl post=60317176]Hello fellow Nairalanders. I believe I'll get some help here.

It's simple bro. After he sends the money, he's gonna give you an mtcn number which you can always use in tracking the funds via WU website.
You're also gonna use the mtcn in receiving the money when you go the the bank.
remember to take along a valid ID card with you

4 Likes

Re: How Does Western Union Money Transfer Work In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 10, 2017
Thank you FuckBooy for your input.
Re: How Does Western Union Money Transfer Work In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 10, 2017
gbzed:
I see undecided

1 Like

Re: How Does Western Union Money Transfer Work In Nigeria? by gbzed(m): 7:51pm On Sep 10, 2017
MasterRahl:
I see undecided

Lol what you SEE?

1 Like

Re: How Does Western Union Money Transfer Work In Nigeria? by gbzed(m): 7:52pm On Sep 10, 2017
FuckBooy:

#Worker #CardAnything

Bro, na so ooo, if u sef nid u can drop ur whatsapp
Re: How Does Western Union Money Transfer Work In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Sep 10, 2017
gbzed:

Lol what you SEE?
Me sef dey wonder
Re: How Does Western Union Money Transfer Work In Nigeria? by 0955eb027(m): 11:20pm On Sep 10, 2017
Its straightforward, although the rate might not be pleasing at times.
Last i checked(friday), it stood at 320(not static) to the naira.
Provide your details to the sender, and he/she on the other hand will replicate, topping it with secret question and MTCN(money transfer control number).
MTCN is a ten digit number which serves as the key to you pulling the money, and for that reason must be kept safe.
As at this moment, western union(receiving) can only be processed in a bank where you are an account holder.
PS: Walk into the bank taking a valid ID card along(int passport, voters card, national id(the new one), drivers license), get the yellow form and complete it.
You will be required to complete an AML(Anti Money Laundering) form as well.
Note: On the form, the MTCN you are writing is the first six digit; you will be asked to punch in the last four with some sort of device when the process is ongoing.
It will be paid into your account, then you can now decide to cash or let it sleep.
Na naira dem go pay you o, not dollars.
I hope this helps.

6 Likes

Re: How Does Western Union Money Transfer Work In Nigeria? by FuckBooy: 7:07am On Sep 11, 2017
gbzed:

Bro, na so ooo, if u sef nid u can drop ur whatsapp
Inbox me! Let's make funds 07067961701
Re: How Does Western Union Money Transfer Work In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:53am On Sep 12, 2017
0955eb027:
Provide your details to the sender, and he/she on the other hand will replicate, topping it with secret question and MTCN(money transfer control number).
MTCN is a ten digit number which serves as the key to you pulling the money, and for that reason must be kept safe.
As at this moment, western union(receiving) can only be processed in a bank where you are an account holder.
PS: Walk into the bank taking a valid ID card along(int passport, voters card, national id(the new one), drivers license), get the yellow form and complete it.
Note: On the form, the MTCN you are writing is the first six digit; you will be asked to punch in the last four with some sort of device when the process is ongoing.
It will be paid into your account, then you can now decide to cash or let it sleep.
I hope this helps.
Thank you very much. I appreciate this.
Re: How Does Western Union Money Transfer Work In Nigeria? by OAKSFIVEFARMS: 1:01pm On Sep 12, 2017
MasterRahl:

Let me make this very easy for you.
You do not need any ID, valid or otherwise to collect your western union.
All I had to do last time I collected was.
Go to the gtbank ATM with my MTCN. And perform a card less transaction.
Don't insert your card, just press any button. It will show you the western union option.
The transaction was done in less than 3 minutes. And my money reflected immediately.

Also, with Payoneer, you can send a mail to the sender with a Payoneer payment link. As long as sender has debit or credit card. Once he clicks on the link, he will see details for sending the money within 3 quick amd easy steps.It's so simple.

3 Likes

Re: How Does Western Union Money Transfer Work In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 12, 2017
OAKSFIVEFARMS:

Don't insert your card, just press any button. It will show you the western union option.
The transaction was done in less than 3 minutes. And my money reflected immediately.

Also, with Payoneer, you can send a mail to the sender with a Payoneer payment link. As long as sender has debit or credit card. Once he clicks on the link, he will see details for sending the money within 3 quick amd easy steps.It's so simple.
Thank you bro. I appreciate.
Re: How Does Western Union Money Transfer Work In Nigeria? by 0955eb027(m): 8:04pm On Sep 12, 2017
MasterRahl:
Thank you very much. I appreciate this.
You are welcome.

2 Likes

Re: How Does Western Union Money Transfer Work In Nigeria? by OAKSFIVEFARMS: 10:12pm On Sep 12, 2017
0955eb027:
I hope this helps.
You can receive WU in a bank you don't have an account.

1 Like

Re: How Does Western Union Money Transfer Work In Nigeria? by 0955eb027(m): 9:17pm On Sep 13, 2017
OAKSFIVEFARMS:

You can receive WU in a bank you don't have an account.
Ok. When was the last time you did a western union transaction?
Re: How Does Western Union Money Transfer Work In Nigeria? by TellMeNothing: 9:19pm On Sep 13, 2017
This thread should br in front Page!
Lalasticlacla

1 Like

Re: How Does Western Union Money Transfer Work In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Sep 13, 2017
TellMeNothing:
This thread should br in front Page!
Lalasticlacla
Lol grin. Bro, abeg tell am oooo
Re: How Does Western Union Money Transfer Work In Nigeria? by marybiz: 9:02am On Apr 20, 2018
i found western union money transfer helpful as it has helped me know more on how WU money transfer works. Click on this line and get to know yours https://marybiz.com/western-union-money-transfer/
Re: How Does Western Union Money Transfer Work In Nigeria? by ssolaoye: 9:42pm On Nov 06, 2018
How To Send Money To Nigeria Through Western Union.

https://nairabarter.com/blog/send-money-to-nigeria-westernunion/
Re: How Does Western Union Money Transfer Work In Nigeria? by seanwilliam(m): 5:42am On Jun 21, 2022
OAKSFIVEFARMS:

Hello bro , what’s the process in sending morning oversea through western union ( as sending from Nigeria to other country not other way round )
And also do you have idea of the rate?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Great Benefits Of Registering Your Business With Corporate Affairs / 365bet Newbie Needs Help / Dangote Cement Hits N10 Trillion Capitalisation As Otedola Buys Shares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.