Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,343 members, 7,808,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

Biafra: IPOB Announces Plan To Boycott Enugu LGA Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: IPOB Announces Plan To Boycott Enugu LGA Elections (2285 Views)

PDP Wins All Eight Seats In Bayelsa LGA Elections / Enugu LGA Chairmen Deny Going Into Hiding Because Of EFCC Officials / Enugu LGA Elections Successfully Boycotted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra: IPOB Announces Plan To Boycott Enugu LGA Elections by mazimee(m): 5:42pm On Sep 10, 2017
IPOB emphasized that while its focus has thus far been on the Anambra State election, it is equally important to boycott the LGA elections in Enugu State as part of its “No Referendum, No Election” pledge.

The Indigenous People Of Biafra (IPOB) has announced its intention to boycott the Local Government Area elections taking place in Enugu State in addition to its plan to boycott the Anambra State gubernatorial election on November 18, 2017.

IPOB emphasized that while its focus has thus far been on the Anambra State election, it is equally important to boycott the LGA elections in Enugu State as part of its “No Referendum, No Election” pledge.

The Biafran separatist group also announced plans to start a coordinated grassroots "IPOB Evangelism to Enugu State" campaign while commending its members in Enugu West Senatorial District for their zealous advocacy of the Biafran cause.

IPOB leader Nnamdi Kanu announced he would be visiting Enugu State as part of the group’s efforts to dissuade its members from participating in the scheduled election.

“There will be no more elections in Biafraland, whether LGA election or state governorship elections. I want Biafra media outlets to know that judging by IPOB's resolve that there will be no elections anymore in Biafraland. No election is small or insignificant at the moment so far as it is to be conducted by the Nigerian government’s INEC,” Mr. Kanu said.

He emphasized that boycotting the Enugu State LGA election is just as important as boycotting the Anambra State governorship election, both of which are taking place this coming November.

“If you are a Biafran residing in Enugu State, please boycott the Enugu State LGA election come November 4, 2017, so that the world will know that we are not specifically talking about the Anambra State governorship election but all elections in Biafraland so far as it is conducted by INEC anywhere in Biafraland.

“Don't participate in the Enugu State LGA election. Stay indoors so that the world will be a witness that Biafrans have in one voice rejected Nigeria and everything in it, including its elections. IPOB has vehemently resolved that there will be no elections in any state of Biafra, be it Abia, Enugu, Bayelsa, Cross River, Anambra, Ebonyi, or Delta.”

In August, the Enugu State Independent Electoral Commission billed November 4th, 2017 for local government elections in all the 17 council areas of the state.

http://saharareporters.com/2017/09/10/ipob-announces-plan-boycott-enugu-lga-elections

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: IPOB Announces Plan To Boycott Enugu LGA Elections by madridguy(m): 5:45pm On Sep 10, 2017
grin
Re: Biafra: IPOB Announces Plan To Boycott Enugu LGA Elections by MasterKim: 5:47pm On Sep 10, 2017
Nice move.
Boycott every election in d east.
Move back to the east en masse den everyone will know u mean business

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: IPOB Announces Plan To Boycott Enugu LGA Elections by mazimee(m): 5:52pm On Sep 10, 2017
Election bycout has one purpose and massage which to bring to the Nigerian State and the International community that the Biafrans are tired of Nigeria.

But Nigeria being Nigeria it has been decided to give it another interpretation.

Nevertheless, that will not stop the agitation.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biafra: IPOB Announces Plan To Boycott Enugu LGA Elections by mazimee(m): 5:59pm On Sep 10, 2017
MasterKim:
Nice move.

Oga, Nobody is moving a single pin. Get that into your skull. Even after Brexit, Britons who are residents in EU countries didn't move an inch.

You guys keep justifying those that called you Zoo.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biafra: IPOB Announces Plan To Boycott Enugu LGA Elections by Oloripelebe: 6:01pm On Sep 10, 2017
no referendum, no election in biafla

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: IPOB Announces Plan To Boycott Enugu LGA Elections by mazimee(m): 6:07pm On Sep 10, 2017
MasterKim:

Which animal re u?
Baboon or gorilla?
What do you want to be doing in the zoo.

U guys re real wild animals
Eranko grin

Actually, you are the wildie here. Only Animals would reason in the direction your opinion felled from.

Civility is the character of human beings.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: IPOB Announces Plan To Boycott Enugu LGA Elections by MasterKim: 6:11pm On Sep 10, 2017
mazimee:

Actually, you are the wildie here. Only Animals would reason in the direction your opinion felled from.

Civility is the characters of human beings.

I only asked if you're a gorilla or a chimpanzee since you don't want to leave the zoo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: IPOB Announces Plan To Boycott Enugu LGA Elections by AZeD1(m): 6:20pm On Sep 10, 2017
mazimee:
Election bycout has one purpose and massage which to bring to the Nigerian State and the International community that the Biafrans are tired of Nigeria.

But Nigeria being Nigeria it has been decided to give it another interpretation.

Nevertheless, that will to stop the agitation.
Actually election boycott is useless. There is no minimum number of votes required and you know that folks contesting and their families would vote so a winner would be announced.

What IPOB should be doing is getting their members into positions to affect change.

The only way to get a referendum in Nigeria is by changing the Constitution or going to war.

PS: Don't mention U.N right to self determination because it's so so complicated.

Also remember that Catalonia has been asking for Independence for over 10 years and the have the backing of Barcelona, neither the EU or UN has done anything for Catalonia because there's no allowance for referendum in the Spanish Constitution.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: IPOB Announces Plan To Boycott Enugu LGA Elections by mazimee(m): 6:20pm On Sep 10, 2017
MasterKim:

I only asked if you're a gorilla or a chimpanzee since you don't want to leave the zoo

Nah, I own a farm where I keep your likes .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: IPOB Announces Plan To Boycott Enugu LGA Elections by Juchii(m): 6:21pm On Sep 10, 2017
Guys, don't ever carry your rubbish agitation come Enugu. Let your agitation stuff be limited to Abia and anambra state. Do you pigs even know what you are doing?? You people are chasing investors away? There by increasing unemployment? Do you know that you are causing harm to your follow Igbo people both in the north and southwest?. Before now, I thought that we Igbo's are politically emotional but now I have realise that many people have low IQ given that a ragtag like Nnamdi KANU can deceive such number of people. No wonder religion thrives so much in the land.

Nnamdi KANU have no single brain cell at all. Check two statement between Arewa youth and IPOB, you will be amazed at the level of maturity Arewa youth display, those they (IPOB) perceived as illiterate people.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: IPOB Announces Plan To Boycott Enugu LGA Elections by lordimmaogidi(m): 6:28pm On Sep 10, 2017
lovely!!! what exactly do we gain for voting all these unscrupulous politicians..No major good road s in S East, health hazard from oil explorers,in S south,no industries, high rate of unemployment, high rate of maiming and killing innocent souls,no measures to combat de menace of kidnapers, Fulani raping n killing of innocent souls,hard ship every where.I have vowed never to cast my precious vote for any vicious politicians, till I see changes
Re: Biafra: IPOB Announces Plan To Boycott Enugu LGA Elections by iLoveConductor1: 6:29pm On Sep 10, 2017
[s]
Juchii:
Guys, don't ever carry your rubbish come Enugu. Let your agitation stuff be limited to Abia and anambra state. Do you pigs even know what you are doing?? You people are chasing investors away. Before now, I thought that we Igbo's are politically emotional but now I have realise that we have low IQ given that a ragtag like Nnamdi KANU can deceive such number. No wonder religion thrives so much in the land.
MasterKim:
Nice move.

MasterKim:

[/s]
Sky falling millipedes always trying to have their slimmy ewedu ati amala opinions littered everywhere IPOB is mentioned.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: IPOB Announces Plan To Boycott Enugu LGA Elections by murphyibiam15(m): 6:30pm On Sep 10, 2017
it can't even work in Enugu.. no be this same Enugu I dey?
Enugu people care less about biafra.. this is true

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: IPOB Announces Plan To Boycott Enugu LGA Elections by MasterKim: 6:32pm On Sep 10, 2017
iLoveConductor1:
[s][/s]
Sky falling millipedes always trying to have their slimmy ewedu ati amala opinions littered everywhere IPOB is mentioned.

To prove ur brain is functioning, you should av countered dose "opinions" with a better post

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: IPOB Announces Plan To Boycott Enugu LGA Elections by Juchii(m): 6:34pm On Sep 10, 2017
murphyibiam15:

True talk. That agitation works more in abia and anambra state than other state. Let them limit it there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra: IPOB Announces Plan To Boycott Enugu LGA Elections by Jorussia(m): 6:34pm On Sep 10, 2017
I think this election boycott will b a complete waste of time,because LGA election results in Nigeria is usually written in govt house.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: IPOB Announces Plan To Boycott Enugu LGA Elections by ritababe(f): 6:37pm On Sep 10, 2017
murphyibiam15:

I wonder why they are silent, only Anambra and abia people seem to take this Biafra thing serious.

maybe they are the wise one after all, with the way abia is going very soon unemployment will double there because Kanu is seriously driving investors.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: IPOB Announces Plan To Boycott Enugu LGA Elections by Freemancipation: 6:37pm On Sep 10, 2017
Good move. What does LG chairmanship do anyway?
Re: Biafra: IPOB Announces Plan To Boycott Enugu LGA Elections by Nobody: 6:40pm On Sep 10, 2017
mazimee:

Nah, I own a farm where I keep your likes .
you just gave that guy bruitality, I'm not sure he'll wake anytime soon.
Re: Biafra: IPOB Announces Plan To Boycott Enugu LGA Elections by DonVikings: 6:44pm On Sep 10, 2017
I love this! grin grin
Re: Biafra: IPOB Announces Plan To Boycott Enugu LGA Elections by murphyibiam15(m): 6:48pm On Sep 10, 2017
ritababe:

I wonder why they are silent, only Anambra and abia people seem to take this Biafra thing serious.

maybe they are the wise one after all, with the way abia is going very soon unemployment will double there because Kanu is seriously driving investors.
at the emboldened.. when has agitation turned to wisdom.. I am igbo but I don't see any igbo as wise as IMO people.. Biafra is more pronounced in Anambra and Abia bc of Onitsha and Aba hosting more traders and okada riders who are easy tools used for this kind thing..

secondly. Enugu is a somehow cosmopolitan and most indigenes care less about biafra since they have a nice city already

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: IPOB Announces Plan To Boycott Enugu LGA Elections by murphyibiam15(m): 6:49pm On Sep 10, 2017
Juchii:

True talk. That agitation works more in abia and anambra state than other state. Let them limit it there
they're more traders and okada riders who are easy tools used for this kind thing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra: IPOB Announces Plan To Boycott Enugu LGA Elections by iLoveConductor1: 6:52pm On Sep 10, 2017
MasterKim:

To prove ur brain is functioning, you should av countered dose "opinions" with a better post
To prove you're not a robot, type this number in words "223" cheesy

Otu nnegi

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: IPOB Announces Plan To Boycott Enugu LGA Elections by DonVikings: 6:53pm On Sep 10, 2017
mazimee:

Oga, Nobody is moving a single pin. Get that into your skull. Even after Brexit, Britons who are residents in EU countries didn't move an inch.

Stop talking like a Wawa miscreant. What is the similarity between Briton leaving EU (which is an equivalent of AU) to Biafla leaving Nigeria? Is Nigeria a continent or a country?

The closest equivalent would have been Scotland leaving the UK.

I am sure this poor Potor miscreant doesn't even have anything in life besides his rants on nairaland and his moniker grin

They are the loudest about Biafla because they hope the ensuing chaos would help them loot properties of successful Igbo Christians and pull themselves out of poverty. grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: IPOB Announces Plan To Boycott Enugu LGA Elections by Tkester: 6:59pm On Sep 10, 2017
AZeD1:

[s]Actually election boycott is useless. There is no minimum number of votes required and you know that folks contesting and their families would vote so a winner would be announced.

What IPOB should be doing is getting their members into positions to affect change.

The only way to get a referendum in Nigeria is by changing the Constitution or going to war.

PS: Don't mention U.N right to self determination because it's so so complicated.

Also remember that Catalonia has been asking for Independence for over 10 years and the have the backing of Barcelona, neither the EU or UN has done anything for Catalonia because there's no allowance for referendum in the Spanish Constitution.[/s]

Shush it! Who asked you? I know you're pained by the prospect of having IPOB successfully boycotting the election. Well, the good news is that IPOB does not care about you and your opinions!

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: IPOB Announces Plan To Boycott Enugu LGA Elections by Kingsley1000(m): 7:04pm On Sep 10, 2017
THESE Igbos SEEM NOT TO COMPROMISE..WISH U GOOD LUCK IN NO ELECTION IN IGBOLAND
Re: Biafra: IPOB Announces Plan To Boycott Enugu LGA Elections by Kingsley1000(m): 7:08pm On Sep 10, 2017
lordimmaogidi:
lovely!!! what exactly do we gain for voting all these unscrupulous politicians..No major good road s in S East, health hazard from oil explorers,in S south,no industries, high rate of unemployment, high rate of maiming and killing innocent souls,no measures to combat de menace of kidnapers, Fulani raping n killing of innocent souls,hard ship every where.I have vowed never to cast my precious vote for any vicious politicians, till I see changes
NO MORE ELECTION IN IGBOLAND
Re: Biafra: IPOB Announces Plan To Boycott Enugu LGA Elections by Tyche(m): 7:11pm On Sep 10, 2017
100%, it will not work in Igboland
Re: Biafra: IPOB Announces Plan To Boycott Enugu LGA Elections by ritababe(f): 7:13pm On Sep 10, 2017
murphyibiam15:

at the emboldened.. when has agitation turned to wisdom.. I am igbo but I don't see any igbo as wise as IMO people.. Biafra is more pronounced in Anambra and Abia bc of Onitsha and Aba hosting more traders and okada riders who are easy tools used for this kind thing..

secondly. Enugu is a somehow cosmopolitan and most indigenes care less about biafra since they have a nice city already

nice city already? and I thought you guys argued that Anambra is better than enugu in term of beauty.
Re: Biafra: IPOB Announces Plan To Boycott Enugu LGA Elections by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 10, 2017
mazimee:

Bros please get this straight, the moment you realise your Biafra we here in northern Nigeria will forcefully deport every single Biafran living in our midst. Feel free to report us to the UN when we're done

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

UPDATED: Live Results Of Osun Governorship Elections [#osundecides2018] / ATIKU Sold Nitel, Here is the proof . / Ogun 2019: Amosun To Transfer 57 APC Buses To New Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.