Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,789 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

I've Had It With 4-cylinders. - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I've Had It With 4-cylinders. (22232 Views)

The Differences Between 4, 6, 8, 12… Cylinders / 3 Cylinders Working Out Of 6 (nissan Pathfinder 2001)..... Please Help / 16 Suvs You Can Buy With ₦4 Million Or Less (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 09, 2017
Jagermeister:

Lmao. Typical Nigerian. 145/ litre. It's not the looks of the engine that robs you of sleep at night, it's the abyss you think it'll create in your bank account. But u're wrong.
Nah nah.... I own more proud gas guzzlers.. I am not responsible for your shallow purse ....
Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by NLOwner(m): 7:32am On Oct 09, 2017
NgcoboP:

Nah nah.... I own more proud gas guzzlers.. I am not responsible for your shallow purse ....

Like that your Toyota Starlet that someone refused to rebuild?? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 09, 2017
NLOwner:

Like that your Toyota Starlet that someone refused to rebuild?? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Really? I must matter so much to you. Good to know that someone is there following keenly. Keep it up.
Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by NLOwner(m): 7:42am On Oct 09, 2017
NgcoboP:

Really? I must matter so much to you. Good to know that someone is there following keenly. Keep it up.

The Internet never forgets bro... cool

Proud Gas Guzzlers indeed!! cheesy cheesy
Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 09, 2017
NLOwner:

Come for a ride brah. Don't just dig up history without reward
Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by Jagermeister(m): 9:10am On Oct 09, 2017
NgcoboP:

Shallow purse? Yeah? Just like that man?

It's a new week. I don't want to start with banters.

Cheers.
Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 09, 2017
Jagermeister:

Shallow purse? Yeah? Just like that man?

It's a new week. I don't want to start with banters.

Cheers.
Your life is full of banters...
Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by Jagermeister(m): 9:17am On Oct 09, 2017
NLOwner:

Lol. You wicked fellow.

You hit where it hurts. Right in the nutsack.
Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by Jagermeister(m): 9:24am On Oct 09, 2017
NgcoboP:

Your life is full of banters...

Hahahahaha...

Whatchu want man? A duel?

I already had one on this thread and we wound up friends in the end.

But not with you. Naa, not you.

You have more pressing needs and better adversaries. Get on with it.

Bye Zulu 'mandela'.
Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 09, 2017
Jagermeister:

Hahahahaha...

Whatchu want man? A duel?

I already had one on this thread and we wound up friends in the end.

But not with you. Naa, not you.

You have more pressing needs and better adversaries. Get on with it.

Bye Zulu 'mandela'.

Makwerekwere woza... Not so fast. My sparring partner is out of action...Diportivo...nah you remain
Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by Jagermeister(m): 10:08am On Oct 09, 2017
NgcoboP:

Makwerekwere woza... Not so fast. My sparring partner is out of action...Diportivo...nah you remain

Hahahahaha.. I no wan spar abeg if it's not getting me a fight that'll fetch me as much funds as Floyd earned in his last fight. Lol

How was your weekend Aturu southie?
Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 09, 2017
Jagermeister:

Hahahahaha.. I no wan spar abeg if it's not getting me a fight that'll fetch me as much funds as Floyd earned in his last fight. Lol

How was your weekend Aturu southie?
You should be more concerned about your future as an ipob commander
Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by Jagermeister(m): 10:15am On Oct 09, 2017
NgcoboP:

You should be more concerned about your future as an ipob commander

Ipob? I'm too educated for that fierce involvement. I'm not for or against. I'm indifferent.
Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 09, 2017
Jagermeister:

Ipob? I'm too educated for that fierce involvement. I'm not for or against. I'm indifferent.

Ok. Fear of egwu eke
Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by Jagermeister(m): 10:22am On Oct 09, 2017
NgcoboP:

Ok. Fear of egwu eke

Rotflmao.. NgcoboP e'gwabe anyi ebe'isi? Meaning; you haven't told us where u're from? But I know you understood the native dialect I spoke/wrote.
Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by NLOwner(m): 2:17pm On Oct 09, 2017
NgcoboP:

Come for a ride brah. Don't just dig up history without reward

In the Starlet?? Nah I would pass..

Call me when you have a real gas guzzler!! tongue
Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by NLOwner(m): 2:19pm On Oct 09, 2017
Jagermeister:

Lol. You wicked fellow.
You hit where it hurts. Right in the nutsack.

Soft work.. wink

2 Likes

Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 09, 2017
NLOwner:

In the Starlet?? Nah I would pass..

Call me when you have a real gas guzzler!! tongue
Just come. I don't want robbers tracking me.
Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by Jagermeister(m): 3:17pm On Oct 09, 2017
NLOwner:

Soft work.. wink

It's awa wok o!
Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 09, 2017
Jagermeister:

It's awa wok o!
He hit nada....just a random project vehicle..... He should come and see the goodness of Jehovah.. who knows I might dash him the cricket he's been tracking

Cc
Nlowner
Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by Jagermeister(m): 3:27pm On Oct 09, 2017
NgcoboP:

He hit nada....just a random project vehicle..... He should come and see the goodness of Jehovah.. who knows I might dash him the cricket he's been tracking

Cc
Nlowner

Hehehehe. NgcoboP so you know Jehovah.. Lol..

Salute.
Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by NLOwner(m): 3:47pm On Oct 09, 2017
NgcoboP:

Cc
Nl.owner

Coins make the loudest noise...

3 Likes

Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by Bsideboi(m): 4:00pm On Oct 09, 2017
Jagermeister:
Greetings Lads, (and) Lasses who hang with the Lads here.

Y'all remember the ever-so popular Club-lexus? Well this is another Lexus-praising thread and primarily to say 'I RESENT 4-CYLINDERS'

I've been there and back in the past with the Opel and their ecotec engines and complex electronics, the Mazda 2.5L V6, the Lexus ES 3L V6 VVT-i and the Camry(s) which I still own (for now)... Albeit only a handful but i've come to a convicted conclusion- naturally-aspired or not, 4-cylinders are CRAP, humongous CRAP. They rank within the lower strata of internally-combusted automobiles.

Here's why I think very little of them (now) in a somewhat short description. Ride quality is sacrificed (for the most part), Vibrations are ever-so present, noise sipping out into the cabin as you drive along and it's nowhere over with it's flaws. I can't live with these, not anymore. Need I mention Power and Torque? Yes, in the next line.

I remember when I was made to drive into and through a flood within Festac extension (before the roads were tarred). I don't know how to calculate distance but my Lexus V6 was submerged in water for well over 30mins. I couldn't go any faster either, who struts the gas pedal when inside water, not to mention the invisible portholes and mini-ditches by virtue of the damaged roads and heavy rains. I could see water leveled atop my windshield (no exaggeration).. With all the torment to the car that day, car drove flawlessly for another 3 years before it was sold. Try that with the Toyota Camry 2.4L (which I currently own) or a Honda Accord of the same engine displacement.

Yeeaahh I know the 4-cyl/6-cyl analogy/debate is popular knowledge and I'm aware of the 'different strokes for different folks' notion but Damn! Nigerians are afraid of a lot! I recently met a well-dressed-seemingly-smart-man at a gas station and I found him not to be smart in the end when he mentioned his fears of a V6 engine. Afraid of a V6 engine? His reasons were ludicrously alarming and I prefer not to talk about it. It's this sort of people that would say 'my vehicle's 120km/h is faster than your vehicle's 140km/h'.. Haha.

Now for the Lexus? I can tell, yes I can. Having befriended other car brands, I've been laid flat on my face and whipped with the rough end of a pineapple, I underwent perpetual misery with the Mazda and the Opel, or maybe I knew very little then.. Reliability, safety, luxury, ride quality, and even ergonomics IMO, et all. Hmmm. Lexus wins.

Earlier this year, I sat in the cabin of a 2014 GX460 and it was a 'wowser' even though I didn't even drive it. I don't know of an MB of it's class that has better luxury and attention to detail.

Caveat- We know a 4-cyl can be made to be as powerful as a 6-cyl or even an 8-cyl but I don't fancy the general feel of the Turbo either. That's not the point here anyway.

So now I'm swerving to a naturally-aspired 3.3L V6. The Lexus ES 330. Thank goodness it comes with a base V6 as Standard.

I can't afford to run multiple cars now so imma have to let go of my older Camry (I just over-hauled it's engine so I no kuku send the hediot car again)

Brewed thoughts are welcome.

Gazzuzz (A very good man)
Kingreign ( I dey vex for you)
EgunMogaji ( The man that has owned 300 cars and hopes to make it to 500, the Nigerian-Americana)
Nurey ( Long-distance driver? Not sure)
Princetom1 ( Fire-fighter)
ExInferis ( Mr Tesla)
Sultaan ( Isn't he the Nissan die-hard? Or not)
Diportivo ( Plays for Diportivo de La Coruña FC)
Luvinhubby ( This guy go get multiple side-chicks and he go dey claim Luvinhubby)
And all.
So cos you overhauled an engine u no send am again.FYI overhauling an engine returns it to a near new state except it was done by someone dat is not sure of what he's doing.#Peace
Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 09, 2017
NLOwner:

Coins make the loudest noise...
Sure you must know.... Don't let jealousy kill you.
Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by Rhea(f): 1:20am On Oct 10, 2017
NgcoboP:

Sshhhsh...don't burst a vein. Now take a deep breath and retype your now-coordinated thoughts

cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by ojeysky(m): 11:27am On Mar 18, 2023
Well, to each his own.

Different vehicle demands different engine.

BMW, an industry leading builder of extreme performance vehicles, have gone back to 4 cylinder engines, mostly.

I've played with a lot of cars. From 35 horsepower Austin Mini to 300 horsepower Mitsubishi Evolution.

My current sled is a MINI Cooper S with turbocharged 4 cylinders, there has never been a day that I've wished for a V6 engine in it.

So, to each his own.

This is a old post but I like to hear your experience with mini cooper?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Planes, Traffic Lights & Tyres : Find Out Why They Have “standard” Colours / 5 Car Pricing Mistakes To Avoid In Car Dealership / Reasons Why Your Car Consume Much Fuel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.