Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army (33401 Views)

Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu's House In Afaraukwu, Umuahia Ahead Of Parents' Burial / Dino Melaye Shares Pictures Of His Bullet Proof G Wagon Riddled With Gun Shots / Nnamdi Kanu Meets His Parents In Umuahia (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by BlueRayDick: 5:52am On Sep 11, 2017
Which one is 'assistant deputy spokesperson'again?
Different titles full dis country mehn

3 Likes

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by Bari22: 6:20am On Sep 11, 2017
ipob are militants, If they met shieet treatment they will now be crying.

5 Likes

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by ITbomb(m): 6:47am On Sep 11, 2017
If armless youths can face the military, what would happen if they are armed
Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by Blue3k(m): 6:48am On Sep 11, 2017
It's weird nobody finds it weird despirity in death tolls interesting. I'm sure in a week we're going to see Kanu lawyer and federal government present who they're referring to. The innocent girl allegedly hit by bottles and people alley injured near Kanu's residence.
Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by Nemesis1: 7:17am On Sep 11, 2017
Deltagiant:
Why parading your armoured vehicles in a zero security risk area in the first place?

The use of arms must be to deal with a situation where the opposing side was armed.

One thing that has become obvious in the Ipob vs Buhari standoff is the courage and fearlessness in the face of death which the agitators have imbibed.

With pelting of stones at armored vehicles, the agitators have adorned a similar spirit as the Palestinians. Reminiscent of the Palestinian stone- throwing population Vs Israeli armored tanks.

And with this, i can bet you, more global interest would grow. And Nigeria will not escape that final verdict---Referendum.

Zero security area indeed

2 Likes

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by eagleeye2: 7:25am On Sep 11, 2017
Ra88:
I have seen videos, I suppose those guys I saw with bullet injuries on their legs were probably flying in the air when the bullet from shot the army fired in the air hit them.
It's unfortunate. Maybe dey were practicing Ninja moves and caught the flying bullets

3 Likes

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by Naijalabel(m): 7:37am On Sep 11, 2017

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by NaijaOrNothing: 7:38am On Sep 11, 2017
cheesy cheesy

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by DonVikings: 7:39am On Sep 11, 2017
We know most of what LiePob miscreants told us here about the incident were lies. They spread those lies just to get sympathy from the public. But we don't care about the lies, we will troll them with their own lies. grin grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by Nobody: 7:39am On Sep 11, 2017
EgunMogaji:
I stand proudly behind the men of the Nigeria Armed Forces.

The whole territory of Nigeria is under your watch and you have free access to any square inch of her territory.

Remember your oath to the country, to defend her against all enemies, foreign or domestic.
Will you keep shut!!

1 Like

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by Badonasty(m): 7:42am On Sep 11, 2017

3 Likes

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:42am On Sep 11, 2017
Ra88:
I have seen videos, I suppose those guys I saw with bullet injuries on their legs were probably flying in the air when the bullet from shot the army fired in the air hit them.

Do you know what a bullet wound looks like?

3 Likes

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by Boyooosa(m): 7:42am On Sep 11, 2017
“The troops fired warning shots in the air and the hoodlums dispersed. No life was lost,” the Army said in a statement signed by Oyegoke Gbadamosi, a major and assistant deputy spokesperson of the 14 Brigade."
The best and shortest paragraph I ever read in my life grin

3 Likes

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by notttty(m): 7:44am On Sep 11, 2017
So many flaws on the lawyers statement. . You claim the army shot sporadically into the air which confirm the account of the army claim that its a warning shot then u went ahead and said the shots fired into the air wounded and killed some people. Shey na air the people hang ni. All This brick and lace lawyers this days sef.
Remember blocking the road killed over one thousand in Zaria. Stories that touch loading here.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by psp2pc(m): 7:44am On Sep 11, 2017
temptnow:
animal am from Rivers State. Fooll

no be only rivers state, ocean state nko.

1 Like

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by cytell56: 7:45am On Sep 11, 2017
Blue3k:

Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/242903-nnamdi-kanu-why-we-fired-warning-shots-in-umuahia-nigerian-army.html

See IPOB mumu, fighting a personel carrier with stones and bottles, na wa o

2 Likes

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by diegwu01: 7:45am On Sep 11, 2017
This was exactly what transpired.
Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by dirtyhokage(m): 7:45am On Sep 11, 2017
No wonder everybody is saying that it's only jobless and local boys that are supporting this ipob nonesense,a man that can't manage a small company that's worth 800 pounds is the man that's leading you people, a looser leading loosers with a blind euphoric world,*hisses* just warning shots and you guys ran indoors to start your usual e-braggings

7 Likes

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by cytell56: 7:47am On Sep 11, 2017
Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by omon44: 7:49am On Sep 11, 2017
Army have the right to kill dos dat feel dey known Nigerians.. foolishness at its peak Kanu family are in the U.k.. brainless igbos

1 Like

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by Akinsbobo2(m): 7:50am On Sep 11, 2017
Ra88:
and I guess those throwing bottles and wielding cutlasses were playing baseball with them?.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 11, 2017
Nnamdu KANU needs to be taken out of circulation like El Zakzaky.My philosophy is that potential terrorists be dealt a death blow before even they carry out their first acts.Take and hide this mad man.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:51am On Sep 11, 2017
ITbomb:
If armless youths can face the military, what would happen if they are armed

Warning shot at first, Shia treatment coming later

1 Like

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by ocelot2006(m): 7:51am On Sep 11, 2017
I'm with the Nigerian Army on this one. The military is entitled to it's Show of Force and the video did show that the Army showed great restraint despite provocation from those IPOB youths. As for the lad "shot", let's just say that I tend to take what IPOB releases with a huge bag of salt as they tend to fabricate news.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by SalamRushdie: 7:52am On Sep 11, 2017
I have seen the video and I must say the soldier handled the situation very well, if that was the Israeli Army it would have turned out messy because Israeli rules of engagement allow the to shoot to kill anyone who hurls stones at them .. If that Panhard light armor car had used its 50 caliber machine gun in that neighborhood there would have been dead silence in neighbourhood because only battle hardened men can hear that machine gun go off and still make noise..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by Boyooosa(m): 7:52am On Sep 11, 2017
Ejiofor added that if something goes wrong with his client’s life, the international would hold the country’s president responsible.
Person no fit dance python dance again? cheesy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by franchizy(m): 7:54am On Sep 11, 2017
We already know that kanu and his criminal gangs are liars.

I urge the military to hencefirth show no mercy on them.

Igbos and kanu must be taught a lesson.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by Akinsbobo2(m): 7:54am On Sep 11, 2017
FOLYKAZE:

Do you know what a bullet wound looks like?
nice question. Please ask them.
Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by Dee1murphy(m): 7:54am On Sep 11, 2017
koboko69:

Ok.
But offcoure blindness set in to see when potential terrorists were pelting stones and bottles at a military convoy.
What u clowns are looking for...you will soon get it.
Stray bullet has been existing before ur father was born, so if a miscreant was hit...that is his luck. There wouldnt have been any shooting in the first place if a military convoy was not attacked.

You are on point.
Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by NASTYNASOSO: 7:57am On Sep 11, 2017
krendo:
What's required is the list of soldiers posted to each of the eastern states

Someone needs to leak it

HMMMMMMM

YEYE TALK,WHY WAIT FOR SOME RUBBISH LIST WHILST YOU CAN JUST ENGAGE THE NIGERIAN ARMY.
TAKE SOME LESSONS FROM THE BOKO BOYS,NO TIME FOR ANY LIST.
Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by Adebowale89(m): 7:57am On Sep 11, 2017
Balkan:
You see how unintelligent Buhari and Brutai are. You rolled out tanks with a battalion of soldiers for a military drill
in front of the house of IPOB leader. what kind of power are you showing in a civilian territory?

See how stupid these soildiers are. and the news has already gone viral all over the world.
see how you are making IPOB score cheap point over Nigeria.

What has the military achieved with this stupid invasion of Nnadi kanu's house. nothing! absolutely nothing for the Zoo but a very big point for IPOB.

See how Nigeria Soldiers are making mockery of Buhari government and the military.

I can see God's hand in Biafra restoration.
Did you notice that those guys were not running away even in the face of death. there are millions of of Igbos like that. They are ready to give their life. Biafra is an ideology, no military solution but a political solution. there is still a window for political solution. if the government continues this way, I see the end of Nigeria.

Remember Afenifere that have been hiding to talk deu to fear , are now speaking up a bit for Oduduwa republic.

go and find somewhere to sit. you people shout the UN are taking note up and down as if they recognise u

I'm always conversant with CNN and aljazeera news about Africa and not even in their highlight have they talk about Biafra or eastern region. you only make mouth online just to satisfy your ignorance

you and I know that if the soldier want to go rough with ipob, they can't overpower the nigeria army

I'm not justifying what the NA did as right because is absolutely wrong moving armoured tank in an area where there is no violence since we aren't in military regime

but u people should keep shut already with UN this UN that. una self gratification won't attract UN, I hope u people adopt international diplomatic process, not settling down with online rant and boosting

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

MC Oluomo Recounts How He Survived, After Being Stabbed At APC Rally In Lagos / Senate: Obiano’s Wife, Ebelechukwu Kneels Down As Onitsha Traders Pray For Her / Why We Haven’t Released El-zakzakky – Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.