Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:25 PM

Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army (33403 Views)

Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu's House In Afaraukwu, Umuahia Ahead Of Parents' Burial / Dino Melaye Shares Pictures Of His Bullet Proof G Wagon Riddled With Gun Shots / Nnamdi Kanu Meets His Parents In Umuahia (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by Sammyblaq(m): 9:37am On Sep 11, 2017
Cuteogbus:
Keep Quiet There!!! Wether Peaceful Neighbourhood Or Not. The Nigerian Govt Has Every Legitimate And Legal Right To Carry Out A "Show Of Force".. In Okigwe This Year The Nigerian Police Carried Out A Show Of Force With More Than 15 Toyota Hilux Trucks & 5 Armoured Personel Carriers To Warn Off Criminal Gangs Operating In Okigwe. They Paraded On Every Tiny Street Some Are Even Untarred. In Rivers, Late Last Year Before The Supreme Court Verdict On The Gubernatorial Elections.. The Nigerian Millitary Parked Two Armoured Tanks Right In Front Of Boricamp In A "Peaceful" City To Warn Off Miscreants Trying To Ferment Trouble They Even Paraded It (the Tanks) On Some Major Streets Sef.. Even The Almighty USA Still Carries Military Drill Otherwise Called "War Games" On The Border Of 'Peaceful' North Korea, Inorder To Deter Them From Attacking There Southern Neighbours Or Japan..They Even Have Two Nuclear Powered Aircraft Carriers Patroling Northkorean Waters. This Is Normal In Every Sane Clime Or Country. So Shut Up.
Let them state clear the SHOW OF FORCE than coming up with a cover up story of parading an Armoured carrier. NONSENSE!
Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by Cuteogbus: 9:44am On Sep 11, 2017
Oga shut up you don't know anything. Meanwhile, is there no other road to parade their new armond carriage? Must it be through Nnamdi kanu's residence[/quote] Nnamdi Kanu Displayed A Newly Acquired Drone With The Intent Of Using It To Start A War.. It Is Only Right For The Nigerian Millitary To Parade It's Newly Acquired Armoured Car As A 'Show Of Force' To Warn Off Or Deter IPOB Miscreants From Fermenting Trouble. The USA Does The Same Thing To Northkorea By Carrying Out Wargames Or Millitary Drills On The Border Of Northkorea To Warn Northkorea From Further Fermenting Trouble Each Time They Test A New Nuclear Or Hydrogen Bomb. They (USA) Even Have A Nuclear Powered Missile Carrier On Northkorean Waters. All These Are Ways Of Ensuring That Activities Of Rogue Or Criminal Elements Are Checkmated & Also Serves As A Form Of Reasurance To The General Populace Of It's Readiness To Maintain, Safeguard And Ensure Peace & Order Amongst It's Citizens.

Na You Sef Wey No Know Anything. Go & Read International News

1 Like

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by ONYII4TRUT: 9:47am On Sep 11, 2017
fk001:
Carry on Nigeria army we are solemnly behind you.

Nothing do you.

THEY WILL VISIT YOU. SAY AMEN.
Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by datribune: 9:48am On Sep 11, 2017
Could there hav been shots if stones were not thrown at a military convoy?.
dis is reminiscent of d Shite situation. It also reminds me of a time in our history when there was a coup in which leaders of other tribes wit d exception of d Igbo were killed & then there was a counter-coup. d rest is history.
d show of force by d army must go on.

1 Like

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by joinnow: 10:06am On Sep 11, 2017
145 Battalion while on show of force along FMC-Word Bank Road in Umuahia town, Abia State at about 6.00-6.30pm,
Shame shame shame
While somewhere in North Korea one small boy dey test intercontinental ballistic nuclear missiles

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by Jonathan39: 10:06am On Sep 11, 2017
The military convoy will visit your fathers house. And a stray bullet will hit you,Amen
koboko69:

Ok.
But offcoure blindness set in to see when potential terrorists were pelting stones and bottles at a military convoy.
What u clowns are looking for...you will soon get it.
Stray bullet has been existing before ur father was born, so if a miscreant was hit...that is his luck. There wouldnt have been any shooting in the first place if a military convoy was not attacked.
Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by Kingspin(m): 10:11am On Sep 11, 2017
I have never seen a country as useless as Nigeria..
Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by ONYII4TRUT: 10:13am On Sep 11, 2017
Cuteogbus:
Oga shut up you don't know anything. Meanwhile, is there no other road to parade their new armond carriage? Must it be through Nnamdi kanu's residence Nnamdi Kanu Displayed A Newly Acquired Drone With The Intent Of Using It To Start A War.. It Is Only Right For The Nigerian Millitary To Parade It's Newly Acquired Armoured Car As A 'Show Of Force' To Warn Off Or Deter IPOB Miscreants From Fermenting Trouble. The USA Does The Same Thing To Northkorea By Carrying Out Wargames Or Millitary Drills On The Border Of Northkorea To Warn Northkorea From Further Fermenting Trouble Each Time They Test A New Nuclear Or Hydrogen Bomb. They (USA) Even Have A Nuclear Powered Missile Carrier On Northkorean Waters. All These Are Ways Of Ensuring That Activities Of Rogue Or Criminal Elements Are Checkmated & Also Serves As A Form Of Reasurance To The General Populace Of It's Readiness To Maintain, Safeguard And Ensure Peace & Order Amongst It's Citizens.

Na You Sef Wey No Know Anything. Go & Read International News

SO AMERICAN ISSUES WITH NORTH KOREA COULD BE LIKENED TO NNAMDI'S QUEST FOR BIAFRA? ALL OF YOU BIASED FELLOWS MUST GET THE SAME MEASURE OF BIASEDNESS IN ALL YOUR ISSUES AND CASES.SAY AMEN.
Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by ladychioma: 10:17am On Sep 11, 2017
fk001:
Carry on Nigeria army we are solemnly behind you.

Nothing do you.
It shall happen to you too and we shall support the Nigerian army.

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by proeast(m): 10:17am On Sep 11, 2017
ITbomb:
If armless youths can face the military, what would happen if they are armed
Thats the one billion dollars question! IPOB is passionate about Biafra & the worst thing that would happen to Nigeria is for them to pick up arms against Nigeria. They number in their millions, well connected globally and has enough resources to successfully prosecute a guerilla warfare!
Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by fk001(m): 10:20am On Sep 11, 2017
[quote author=ladychioma post=60341686][/quote]
I am a patriot
Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by poseidon12: 10:34am On Sep 11, 2017
Nigerian Army, nothing but a bunch of local thugs in uniform. Only strong and gallant when dealing with unarmed civilians.
They become cowards when dealing with Boko Haram or armed militants or the Cameroonian gendarmes that have been killing Nigerian civilians and soldiers.
No amount of intimidation can stop our demand for referendum and restructuring.

1 Like

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by Balkan(m): 10:41am On Sep 11, 2017
Adebowale89:

go and find somewhere to sit. you people shout the UN are taking note up and down as if they recognise u

I'm always conversant with CNN and aljazeera news about Africa and not even in their highlight have they talk about Biafra or eastern region. you only make mouth online just to satisfy your ignorance

you and I know that if the soldier want to go rough with ipob, they can't overpower the nigeria army

I'm not justifying what the NA did as right because is absolutely wrong moving armoured tank in an area where there is no violence since we aren't in military regime

but u people should keep shut already with UN this UN that. una self gratification won't attract UN, I hope u people adopt international diplomatic process, not settling down with online rant and boosting
see frustration

1 Like

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by komekn(m): 10:49am On Sep 11, 2017
Deltagiant:
Why parading your armoured vehicles in a zero security risk area in the first place?

The use of arms must be to deal with a situation where the opposing side was armed.

One thing that has become obvious in the Ipob vs Buhari standoff is the courage and fearlessness in the face of death which the agitators have imbibed.

With pelting of stones at armored vehicles, the agitators have adorned a similar spirit as the Palestinians. Reminiscent of the Palestinian stone- throwing population Vs Israeli armored tanks.

And with this, i can bet you, more global interest would grow. And Nigeria will not escape that final verdict---Referendum.

Making noise a by a very vocal minority does not mean general consent or acceptance.

This is a democracy, you have your representatives at every level of this three tier governance. For instance, Local govt. State house of assembly, and the national assembly. Voted through a democratic process, however, not one elected official has made any act of wilful support for a referendum and or support for the secessionist Biafra agenda.

Does the possibility exist particularly to those who seem to be clouded by their obsessive support for IPOB that you may not have overwhelming support as you try to deceptively portray Use the democratic process let IPOB become a political party and see how many votes Kanu can muster.

The video shows some misguided persons throwing stones at an Otokar Cobra APC taking advantage of the very benign nature of the Army on this occasion. The video tells a story different from the rhetoric given by IPOB.

I do not see any acts of courage just overstated and misplaced exuberance that is more reflective of hooliganism. The Army has shown incredible restraint in times past there would be a bloodbath. But that restraint by the NA will not be Ad infinitum, so i would ask for caution. These acts of IPOB are not peaceful but are a acts of violence and lawlessness.
Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by willibounce1(m): 11:10am On Sep 11, 2017
Blue3k:
This is a crazy situation. Somebody is lying here. We need witness testimonies and corpes to examine. Either nobody died or five died according to the statements given.

Anyway examine the video and judge for yourselves. I see people throwing rocks at armored vehicle definitely. I also see a man with gun shot wound to his leg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYkDJV6_8fU

If you look closely you will see clearly that is not a gun shot wound. Tell the idio.ts to show us the people that died and also show us the bullet that was removed from the criminal, fraudulent ipod pretending to be shot. Ipods are too daft to carry out a successful propaganda. shots fired in the air the chest beating cowards scampered for safety. These are the animals claiming they will burn the zoo if kanu is arrested, the dummies claiming they are ready to die for biafrau.d but cannot stand at the sound of gun shots. what they have seen is testing testing. By the time python begin dance, ipods go surrender.
Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by Asapchris(m): 11:21am On Sep 11, 2017
Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by Nobody: 11:28am On Sep 11, 2017
Ra88:
I have seen videos, I suppose those guys I saw with bullet injuries on their legs were probably flying in the air when the bullet from shot the army fired in the air hit them.
I don't care where you saw the bullet injuries, who the hell are you idiots to tried to block the military from moving,I thought you guys has the power to stop bullets, fools, yet you will call northerners illiterates.What an educated man or woman can stand in front of armour vehicle with sticks and stones?

I wish the bullet injuries you saw was in the head.

1 Like

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by franudi: 11:29am On Sep 11, 2017
Why show of force in front of Nnamdi Kanu's house?
Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by pedronule(m): 11:32am On Sep 11, 2017
“What happened was that the military was parading a new
armoured carrier and passed through Nnamdi Kanu’s
residence.

so of all the places in umuahia, it was kanu's residence that was deemed fit to test armoured carrier I see!
Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 11, 2017
willibounce1:

If you look closely you will see clearly that is not a gun shot wound. Tell the idio.ts to show us the people that died and also show us the bullet that was removed from the criminal, fraudulent ipod pretending to be shot. Ipods are too daft to carry out a successful propaganda. shots fired in the air the chest beating cowards scampered for safety. These are the animals claiming they will burn the zoo if kanu is arrested, the dummies claiming they are ready to die for biafrau.d but cannot stand at the sound of gun shots. what they have seen is testing testing. By the time python begin dance, ipods go surrender.
And they will be the first t o run to social media
with pictures and be calling on international community to come to their aid.
These are the fools that said they will stop the Python from dancing in the east with their blood.

I wonder why the military don't waste some of them since they said they will sacrifice their own blood.
Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by 2016v2017: 11:35am On Sep 11, 2017
lafflaff123:
We know what exactly happened.

We know the IPOB people want to start what they cannot finish. Kudos to the Nigeria Army, for walking away from a very tense situation, where the IPOB criminals are the aggressors.

At least, it is on record now with video and picture evidences, that they were attacking you guys with rocks and you guys acted calmly. The Easterners should hold Nnamdi Kanu responsible if anything happens to their kith.

Sarcastically enough, all Kanu's children with wife are safe in the UK, and he wants to lead the kids of others to their death. Issorite.
what judgment you give others awaits you too
Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by Nobody: 11:36am On Sep 11, 2017
luckysmills:

you are the most foolish of all fools.

Yellow belly turn tail coward

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 11, 2017
austin2all:

Then you must be a bloody novice in the affairs of military forces and might. Was there a security threat around the area to warrant military presence? What is the work of the police.
You people just like spewing rubbish when it comes to ipob issues, why not fvcking face your oduduwa kingdom. We are happy for you guys about that.
Afonja.

Novice?

I'm not the one that turned tail like a coward

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 11, 2017
NgcoboP:

Will you keep shut!!

Nope, request denied.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 11, 2017
pedronule:
“What happened was that the military was parading a new
armoured carrier and passed through Nnamdi Kanu’s
residence.

so of all the places in umuahia, it was kanu's residence that was deemed fit to test armoured carrier I see!
You this fool,you mean the road passed through Nnamdi's compound abi?

So the Igbos can determine the road the military will pass through abi?

You guys get ready for internet ranting and noise making.

The Python has come to stay with you.

1 Like

Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by Adebowale89(m): 12:30pm On Sep 11, 2017
Balkan:
see frustration

if that's how u relate to the meaning of frustration then I feel a big sympathy for your sense of assimilation embarassed
Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by Innomach(m): 12:47pm On Sep 11, 2017
Balkan:
You see how unintelligent Buhari and Brutai are. You rolled out tanks with a battalion of soldiers for a military drill
in front of the house of IPOB leader. what kind of power are you showing in a civilian territory?

See how stupid these soildiers are. and the news has already gone viral all over the world.
see how you are making IPOB score cheap point over Nigeria.

What has the military achieved with this stupid invasion of Nnadi kanu's house. nothing! absolutely nothing for the Zoo but a very big point for IPOB.

See how Nigeria Soldiers are making mockery of Buhari government and the military.

I can see God's hand in Biafra restoration.
Did you notice that those guys were not running away even in the face of death. there are millions of of Igbos like that. They are ready to give their life. Biafra is an ideology, no military solution but a political solution. there is still a window for political solution. if the government continues this way, I see the end of Nigeria.

Remember Afenifere that have been hiding to talk deu to fear , are now speaking up a bit for Oduduwa republic.

Keep deceiving yourself until the whole place is leveled to the ground. We should never allow what happened in 1967 to 1970 to repeat. If you are hoping that the international community, UN or any other body will come to your rescue, you should be ready to wait till eternity. If IPOB thinks they are popular in the eastern region, they should form a political party and push forward candidates that share their ideology. Imagine a situation where the 5 governors in the east, senators and house of assembly members from the 5 Igbo states all share the same ideology and pursue same goal. It would be easy to draw the attention of both national and international leaders to help call for referendum. Anything outside of this is suicidal because the Nigerian authorities will only treat you as miscreants and rebels, kill you like chicken and nothing will happen. He who has ear to hear, let him hear.
Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by Deltagiant: 1:44pm On Sep 11, 2017
komekn:

Making noise a by a very vocal minority does not mean general consent or acceptance.

This is a democracy, you have your representatives at every level of this three tier governance. For instance, Local govt. State house of assembly, and the national assembly. Voted through a democratic process, however, not one elected official has made any act of wilful support for a referendum and or support for the secessionist Biafra agenda.

Does the possibility exist particularly to those who seem to be clouded by their obsessive support for IPOB that you may not have overwhelming support as you try to deceptively portray Use the democratic process let IPOB become a political party and see how many votes Kanu can muster.

The video shows some misguided persons throwing stones at an Otokar Cobra APC taking advantage of the very benign nature of the Army on this occasion. The video tells a story different from the rhetoric given by IPOB.

I do not see any acts of courage just overstated and misplaced exuberance that is more reflective of hooliganism. The Army has shown incredible restraint in times past there would be a bloodbath. But that restraint by the NA will not be Ad infinitum, so i would ask for caution. These acts of IPOB are not peaceful but are a acts of violence and lawlessness.

It is the other way round; the unprovoked killings of armless civilians and protesters by the Fulani jihadist Nigerian Army will definitely not be ad infinitum.

Why shouldnt they be benign when they have lost the moral and intellectual argument vis the right of the people to voice out their quest for freedom?

The power lies on the people, that's why the UK's representatives at the EU parliament had no say in the UK referendum.
Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by AlwaysUltraPad: 1:52pm On Sep 11, 2017
Deltagiant:
Why parading your armoured vehicles in a zero security risk area in the first place?

The use of arms must be to deal with a situation where the opposing side was armed.

One thing that has become obvious in the Ipob vs Buhari standoff is the courage and fearlessness in the face of death which the agitators have imbibed.

With pelting of stones at armored vehicles, the agitators have adorned a similar spirit as the Palestinians. Reminiscent of the Palestinian stone- throwing population Vs Israeli armored tanks.

And with this, i can bet you, more global interest would grow. And Nigeria will not escape that final verdict---Referendum.
they shouldn't even show force that they're known for because of ipod? And that gives them right to pelt them with stone? Is that the only place soldiers do such?

I was at towers sometimes early last year, I saw military moving in a way that got wondering if shekau was somewhere in umuahia , but everyone around looked calm and I was told it's a normal routine to inform criminals to steer clear. What made this particular exercise a different one ?

You guys are stupidly supporting trouble making .
Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by Balkan(m): 2:19pm On Sep 11, 2017
Innomach:

Keep deceiving yourself until the whole place is leveled to the ground. We should never allow what happened in 1967 to 1970 to repeat. If you are hoping that the international community, UN or any other body will come to your rescue, you should be ready to wait till eternity. If IPOB thinks they are popular in the eastern region, they should form a political party and push forward candidates that share their ideology. Imagine a situation where the 5 governors in the east, senators and house of assembly members from the 5 Igbo states all share the same ideology and pursue same goal. It would be easy to draw the attention of both national and international leaders to help call for referendum. Anything outside of this is suicidal because the Nigerian authorities will only treat you as miscreants and rebels, kill you like chicken and nothing will happen. He who has ear to hear, let him hear.
Afonja unity begger. keep your advice for afenifere
Re: Why We Fired Warning Shots In Umuahia – Nigerian Army by willibounce1(m): 3:14pm On Sep 11, 2017
AntiIPOB:
And they will be the first t o run to social media
with pictures and be calling on international community to come to their aid.
These are the fools that said they will stop the Python from dancing in the east with their blood.

I wonder why the military don't waste some of them since they said they will sacrifice their own blood.

Don't mind. You can imagine them claiming 5 people were killed when they were actually the ones who attacked the NA and even injured a soldier and passers by. The even mistakenly uploaded pictures of them holding sticks and other weapons throwing at the NA and they uploaded the pictures everywhere shouting ICC and UN are watching. You calling on UN that NA killed five people but cannot show us pictures of the people killed. They think the people who work for UN or ICC are brainless illiterates like kanu. At the end of the day, when the NA starts to deal with them proper and they cry UN and ICC, they will be ignored because of their numerous senseless propaganda.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why We Haven’t Released El-zakzakky – Presidency / Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation / Ganduje: Tinubu Has Agreed To Pick A Muslim Deputy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.