Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,910 members, 7,806,643 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:43 PM

Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud (22385 Views)

SARS Kill Cleaner During A Raid In Ilupeju (Disturbing Photos) / 2 Nigerians Arrested Over $500K In Stolen Items In The U.S(photos) / Nigerian Brothers Arrested Over Drugs Sent By Post To Nonthaburi, Thailand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by johnnyvid(m): 1:30am On Sep 11, 2017
The operatives of Rapid Response Squad of the Lagos State Police Command have arrested a 30 year old hotel cleaner for defrauding a company of N2 million and attempting to collect another N500 million after hacking into the company’s e -mail address.
The suspect, Ahuja Sylvester was on Friday picked up by operatives in 911 Hotel, Warri, Delta State. He had sometime in April, 2017, hacked into the e – mail of a Lagos based company, posing as the Managing Director and instructing the firm’s accountant to disburse the sum of N2 million into his Access Bank account.
Using the same approach in June 2017, he again requested the payment of N500 million into a Zenith Bank account. The company detected this and quickly alerted the police who got him arrested.
The RRS Decoy team in their investigations discovered that the initial N2m was withdrawn with a debit card belonging to Ahuja Sylvester. Ahuja, in his statement to the police denied hacking into the account of any company, stressing that one NYSC member, Emmanuel, was the culprit.
He stated that he met Emmanuel at his work place in April, 2017. According to him: “Emmanuel told me that he was stranded and that somebody was going to send money to him.
He requested that I allow him use my ATM card because he couldnt locate his own and I did. He told me that I should alert him whenever I received credit alert on my phone and I did.
I expected these transactions to have been completed after two days. After almost a week, I saw him and I requested for my ATM, he told me he was still using it. He later told me that he had misplaced it. That was how he didn’t return the debit card again and he disappeared.
My salary came and I approached the bank. That was when I was told my account was having issues. This was the moment I got to know my account was used for fraudulent transactions.”
source:http://www.pressnewsng.com.ng/2017/09/hotel-cleaner-arrested-over-n500million.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by johnnyvid(m): 1:31am On Sep 11, 2017
cc lalasticlala

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by lafflaff123(m): 1:32am On Sep 11, 2017
Look at him?

N500 million at once?who does he think he is?Abacha? it is his lack of intelligence that put him in trouble. If he had been asking for the N2 Million that he had earlier succeeded with, i am sure nobody would have detected.

Good thing is that at least he can claim to be a millionaire for a short while.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by madridguy(m): 1:42am On Sep 11, 2017
shocked shocked

Heartless guy, 500 Million at a go?

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by tellwisdom: 2:38am On Sep 11, 2017
Deltans and fraud eh....Tufiakwa angry

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by SOFTENGR: 3:57am On Sep 11, 2017
The lesson here is: For your safety, DO NOT ALLOW ANYONE USE YOUR ACCOUNT
Otherwise, you may land yourself in jail for someone else's crime.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 11, 2017
tellwisdom:
Deltans and fraud eh....Tufiakwa angry
madridguy:
shocked shocked

Heartless guy, 500 Million at a go?
It's obvious the guy is innocent, he's only foolish handing his Atm to the corper guy...

Na wa for those guys up there that just comment without reading the body of the news but only the Headline !!
lafflaff123:
Look at him?

N500 million at once?who does he think he is?Abacha? it is his lack of intelligence that put him in trouble. If he had been asking for the N2 Million, i am sure nobody would have detected.

Good thing is that at least he can claim to be a millionaire for a short while.

It's obvious the guy is innocent, he's only foolish handing his Atm to the corper guy...

Na wa for those guys up there that just comment without reading the body of the news but only the Headline !!

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by itiswellandwell: 9:33am On Sep 11, 2017
Hmmmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by Greatmind23: 9:33am On Sep 11, 2017
sharp dude pay efcc 10℅ case closed go Belgium go dey enjoy your life

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by deebrain(m): 9:34am On Sep 11, 2017
Be careful especially in ATM stands.

These things are very popular.

I remember last year in Lagos island, some guy who was always doing this. Begging people to assist him so as to make transactions with their cards.

Gave him a flimsy excuse at first contact only for him to resurface months later, with the same talk, apparently forgetting he had seen me before. It was security that saved him from elaborate beating that day.

Greed is not smiling.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by free2ryhme: 9:34am On Sep 11, 2017
grin

one can convincingly say that corruption is in our DNA

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by Litesanti(m): 9:34am On Sep 11, 2017
wow...... u try sha

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by baddest99(m): 9:35am On Sep 11, 2017
lesson learnt

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 11, 2017
this man is innocent based on his narrative. I thing the police should rather look for the said corps member

3 Likes

Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 11, 2017
m

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by Rhodiumic(m): 9:36am On Sep 11, 2017
End time face
Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by fodelat: 9:37am On Sep 11, 2017
Hmm this is a Wawu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by Abfinest007(m): 9:37am On Sep 11, 2017
this story is not an authentic one. lies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by malcolmjmoney(m): 9:37am On Sep 11, 2017
Intimidatation must have caused this
Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by DadojoReloaded(m): 9:38am On Sep 11, 2017
I believe his story.

As someone who has been scammed before, I can relate with the Guy's story.

2 things are involved:

1. He may be an accomplice
2. He may not know about the crime.

There is a type of scam called M.I.T.M.

Man in the middle scams usually leaves an innocent person as the culprit, while the main perpetrator disappears into thin air.

I feel he is a victim of M.I.T.M

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by comradeAdams: 9:39am On Sep 11, 2017
baddest99:
lesson learnt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by Godfullsam(m): 9:41am On Sep 11, 2017
The guy na victim

The real culprit (NYSC GUY) don disappear.

What a life!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud by PassionateSoul(m): 9:42am On Sep 11, 2017
For him to hack an email address means he's a smart dude. If it was in a developed country his brain power would have been used to mitigate further attacks, but here the reverse is the case. We still have a long way to go in this country.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom & Abia Communal Clash: 4 Dead, Many Injured / Accounting Undergraduate Bags Jail Sentence For Internet Fraud. PHOTOS / Fighter Helicopter Deployed To Plateau By Nigerian Air Force To Maintain Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.