Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

16 Incredibly Strict And Crazy Laws That Only Exist In North Korea - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 16 Incredibly Strict And Crazy Laws That Only Exist In North Korea (937 Views)

The Numerous Strict Rules The Royal Family Of Buckingham Palace Must Follow / Ten Normal Things You Can't Buy Or Possess In North Korea / Ten Of The Craziest Things About Life In North Korea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

16 Incredibly Strict And Crazy Laws That Only Exist In North Korea by vodaspringwater: 6:21am On Sep 11, 2017
There are a lot of strict rules in North Korea. Particularly around censorship.

More often than not, photography is not even allowed.

All of North Korea is a mystery, which we only get glimpses of through smuggled photos and information.

Outsiders aren’t even allowed into the country unless they pay a hefty price.

North Korea is extremely isolated, and secretive.

Here are a few strange, but true laws from North Korea.

1. Government Hair Cuts

In the Western world is blessed to have rights to their own personal style.

But in North Korea, this isn’t the case.

In North Korea there are 28 government approved hair styles in North Korea. That’s it.

10 for men, 18 for women. While I think some haircuts should be discouraged, like man-buns, no haircut should be illegal.

2. Big City

Do you fancy living in the capital of North Korea?

Then you need permission!

That’s right, if you want to live in North Korea’s capital, Pyongyang, then you need to get permission from the government!

3. Voting Is Mandatory

We have the right to decide if we want to vote or not during the election.

But in North Korea, it’s illegal not to vote as the government mandates that all its citizens MUST vote.

However, the government also demands that everyone votes for the same person.

4. Controlled TV

North Korea controls every channel that it’s citizens can watch.

There are only 3 TV channels to choose from and they are strictly controlled by the government.

5. Controlled Religion

North Korea keep control over religion.

If anyone is seen carrying a Bible or any religious text they are imprisoned or executed.

They believe that if the people believe in a power higher than the government, then they could revolt.

6. Family Punishment

If a citizen of North Korea commits a crime then their whole family could face punishment.

In North Korea, the threat of prison and severe punishment always weighs heavy over their lives.

7. Three Classes

In North Korea there is a three-caste system and it’s disturbing.

North Korea’s founder, Kim Il Sung, established the three-caste system in 1957 to control his populace.

Society is broken down into these three classes: core, wavering, and hostiles, with those most loyal to the government were placed in the ‘core’.

8. Human Waste

North Korea stopped receiving fertilizer for its farm land from South Korea in 2008.

Since then North Korea has turned to human waste as a trade for animal waste.

Each factory in North Korea is made to supply farmers with as much human waste as they need.

9. No Escape

If you try to escape North Korea and your caught you will either be executed or put into a labor camp.

It’s hard to sneak into North Korea, but even harder to get out.

10. No Googling

The only people who are allowed to have access to the internet in North Korea are political leaders and their families, students who are studying at elite universities and members of the military’s cyber warfare department.

11. State Made Web

Computers are also made by a state made operating system.

There are no Window computers or Macs in North Korea.

12. No Wifi

Wi-Fi has been banned at North Korean embassies around the world. There is also no wifi in North Korea.

13. Tourism

If (by some stroke of luck) you’re allowed to visit North Korea as a tourist, then a government official will be watching every step you make.

Every interaction, photograph, and visit must first be approved by the government.

14. Military Women

The women in North Korea’s military have to endure incredibly difficult conditions.

They all have to have the same haircut, they’re also required to always march in unison. If they take one misstep then all of them could be sent to a labor camp.

15. No Driving

North Korean citizen is allowed to drive. Only government-sanctioned individuals are allowed to own and drive a car.

16. No International Calls

It is against the law to make an international call in North Korea. If you don’t have permission but make a call anyways then you’re putting your life at risk.

In 2007, a man was alleged to have been shot and killed by the government after making a number of international calls.

Pretty crazy, right?

Thank goodness I don’t live in North Korea!

https://wavysauce.com/16-incredibly-strict-and-crazy-laws-that-only-exist-in-north-korea/

cc: lalasticlala

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 16 Incredibly Strict And Crazy Laws That Only Exist In North Korea by Nobody: 6:29am On Sep 11, 2017
Slavery in its totality.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 16 Incredibly Strict And Crazy Laws That Only Exist In North Korea by vodaspringwater: 6:32am On Sep 11, 2017
ThankYouGod:
Slavery in its totality.

Pure slavery
Re: 16 Incredibly Strict And Crazy Laws That Only Exist In North Korea by divinehand2003(m): 6:34am On Sep 11, 2017
We must go there.
Re: 16 Incredibly Strict And Crazy Laws That Only Exist In North Korea by vodaspringwater: 6:36am On Sep 11, 2017
divinehand2003:
We must go there.

You better think twice before going. Don't blame village people it happens
Re: 16 Incredibly Strict And Crazy Laws That Only Exist In North Korea by madone: 6:39am On Sep 11, 2017
What of people with bar head.their hair style is not there.that country is like that cos they did not have people like fela pass thru . Government for hear winyi

1 Like

Re: 16 Incredibly Strict And Crazy Laws That Only Exist In North Korea by Nobody: 6:42am On Sep 11, 2017
I have no business there.
Re: 16 Incredibly Strict And Crazy Laws That Only Exist In North Korea by vodaspringwater: 6:42am On Sep 11, 2017
More pics

1 Share

Re: 16 Incredibly Strict And Crazy Laws That Only Exist In North Korea by 989900: 6:48am On Sep 11, 2017
Further reason to be glad you were born in Nigeria, you could have been a North Korean: eternal slavery/hell.
Re: 16 Incredibly Strict And Crazy Laws That Only Exist In North Korea by Ilefoaye(m): 6:56am On Sep 11, 2017
hmmmmm..... I go tell Aunty Rose say Olosho no fit Do Runs there.
Re: 16 Incredibly Strict And Crazy Laws That Only Exist In North Korea by smartty68(m): 6:56am On Sep 11, 2017
Lol! Worst slavery ever in this 21st century. I could only tag this as "Living In Bondage" but come to think of it; We need these laws in Nigeria grin

If you agree; Hit Share, I do not agree, Hit Like
Re: 16 Incredibly Strict And Crazy Laws That Only Exist In North Korea by Ericsunday619: 6:57am On Sep 11, 2017
989900:
Further reason to be glad you were born in Nigeria, you could have been a North Korean: eternal slavery/hell.
Nawa o but it's better than Syria and Iraq
Re: 16 Incredibly Strict And Crazy Laws That Only Exist In North Korea by greatwhite(m): 7:12am On Sep 11, 2017
grin I am particularly concerned about their nuclear arsenal. And the trigger happy dude on the throne. Believe me their Freedom is the least of our problem.
Re: 16 Incredibly Strict And Crazy Laws That Only Exist In North Korea by Nobody: 7:22am On Sep 11, 2017
Somehow somehow looking it at it from another perspective.... Kim na star.
Re: 16 Incredibly Strict And Crazy Laws That Only Exist In North Korea by 989900: 8:36am On Sep 11, 2017
Ericsunday619:
Nawa o but it's better than Syria and Iraq

Well . . . for my kind of person, I'd rather take my chances in Syria or Iraq than North Korea.

(1) (Reply)

Africa Is Just A Cementary For Africans - Russian President Vladimir Putin / Russia’s Coast Guard Ships Intentionally Rammed Ukranian Navy Vessel / List Of Countries Without Any Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.