Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,236 members, 7,780,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:51 PM

Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months (29214 Views)

Female Pastor Dumps Church, Becomes A Stripper In US (Photos) / Tithers And Seed Sowers Like Us "Na Blessing And Favour Dey Rush Us"~ Obiwest / Daddy Freeze And His Free The Sheeple Movement Against Pastors & Tithers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 11, 2017
soberdrunpost=60345017:
I remember one time one very fine girl i was toasting invited me to her church and just to get into her good books i decided to honour the invitation, i got to the church that faithful day and sat down like a responsible brother with my big bible, she even sighted me from the choir section and we smiled at each other. Everything was going smoothly and i was even enjoying the service until 'offering time' when the devil decided to use the usher(as my Christian brothers will say), i opened my wallet and realized all i had was '1000 naira notes' and my plan was to give '100 naira'(maximum 200). I beckoned on one of the male ushers and explained my predicament to him and he assured me that it wasn't a problem as it was a normal occurrence in the church, he asked that i give him the money so that when he gets to my row from the back he will give me my change so i gave him '1000naira note' and kept dancing, about 3 mins later i saw him by my side collecting money from my row so i stretched out my hand for my change and to my utmost surprise the same usher that was very nice suddenly transformed and said 'oga i cannot put my hand inside the offering bag", i wasn't having any of that so i held him by the trouser, fortunately for him the man standing next to him brought out '1000 naira' and gave me back my money, unfortunately for me the fine girl i was toasting saw all the drama and this led to the premature end of our relationship. Moral of this story-----I dont blame the man, some people dont just like what they hate........ angry
cheesy man..now that was cold
Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 3:31pm On Sep 11, 2017
Funny enough there's no where in the bible where Christians are asked to pay their tithes to a pastor or a church leader.
No man can make me bring out what I'm not willing to give in the name of God.
God will be very angry with me if I give to someone who has more than me what he has given me to take care of myself and people I'm better than.
God's people really perish for lack of knowledge

2 Likes

Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by Rozaytee: 3:46pm On Sep 11, 2017
Looolzz....some naija pastors just dey use members do bussiness
Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by Mike008(m): 3:52pm On Sep 11, 2017
More like giving a Tithe award
Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by lookingfly: 3:55pm On Sep 11, 2017
zionmde:
very wrong of the church.
It could have been better recognizing consistent tithers irrespective of the amount and not the highest tither. now wat of the guy that earns 10k and still pays his tithe
why recognize tithers in the first place, is tithing not supposed to be between you and your God
Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by Topgainer: 3:59pm On Sep 11, 2017
An2elect2:
Christians are not mandated to pay tithe. We are free in Christ and all our givings should be as the Spirit leads else we are empty professors.

Any church that is collecting tithe is not only robbing you but placing you under the curse of the law. It says for all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law." Galatians 3:10.

There are 613 laws that are to be kept to be right with God. No man kept these except Christ. And through His death we are free from the rule and condemnation of the law. If Christ has freed you from the Law why do you still entangle yourself with its yoke, bringing yourself under bondage and condemnation by obeying wicked men who only want to fleece you for their gain?

Isn't Christ enough? Don't you trust the Spirit of Christ to lead you? Isn't Christ your righteousness, the reason you stand justified before God is it because you pay tithe (keep 1 of 613 laws)? or because you believe in Jesus Christ?
Nothing but the truth.
In addition, the Newbreed Christian tithe law which demands that people should bring a 10% of salary (money) didn't originate from the Bible.
Jews gave a 10% of farm produce for the temple store house. There was money then yet nobody was asked to tithe money.
Jews had a tithe break and observed jubilee.
Jews also ate tithe ( referring to farm produce) with strangers and poor among them at some seasons.
Concerning Abraham, the period before the law, he was only recorded to have given tithe just once in his lifetime. And it was not his earnings but spoils of war.
People who give a 10th of salary to a Church are not different from the person who gives 0.5% of his/her salary as both givings are rightly offerings.
10% of one's salary does not represent the Jewish tithe or the tithe Abraham gave once.
In some Church enterprises they load people with guilt of not paying tithes as if it is a crime against a Christian law punishable by dearth of all financial incomes in the non-tithers life. Some devised a means of stratifying the Church goers in their buildings into tithers (just bring something), non-tithers and faithful tithers (bring 10%) in a register just like the twitter user observed.
Now, this is far from the truth.
The blessings of God in Christ Jesus is accessible to all who truely believe in the completed work of Christ. That blessings does not depend on 10% salary or profit submission and the blessings does not select people based on tithe.
If men of gods were God not only will they ostracize people from Churches for not submitting a 10% of salary, they will create a special Hell of suffering for people who do not obey the order. They can't do either of them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by paix(m): 4:08pm On Sep 11, 2017
ireneony:
That is how my sister is using her hard earned pounds to pay tithes every months..
Mtchewwe...I can remember the last time I paid tithe or went to church ....
yet God still they provide for me.
When was that?
Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by An2elect2(f): 4:09pm On Sep 11, 2017
Topgainer:

Nothing but the truth.
In addition, the Newbreed Christian tithe law which demands that people should bring a 10% of salary (money) didn't originate from the Bible.
Jews gave a 10% of farm produce for the temple store house. There was money then yet nobody was asked to tithe money.
Jews had a tithe break and observed jubilee.
Jews also ate tithe ( referring to farm produce) with strangers and poor among them at some seasons.
Concerning Abraham, the period before the law, he was only recorded to have given tithe just once in his lifetime. And it was not his earnings but spoils of war.
People who give a 10th of salary to a Church are not different from the person who gives 0.5% of his/her salary as both givings are rightly offerings.
10% of one's salary does not represent the Jewish tithe or the tithe Abraham gave once.
In some Church enterprises they load people with guilt of not paying tithes as if it is a crime against a Christian law punishable by dearth of all financial incomes in the non-tithers life. Some devised a means of stratifying the Church goers in their buildings into tithers (just bring something), non-tithers and faithful tithers (bring 10%) in a register just like the twitter user observed.
Now, this is far from the truth.
The blessings of God in Christ Jesus is accessible to all who truely believe in the completed work of Christ. That blessings does not depend on 10% salary or profit submission and the blessings does not select people based on tithe.
If men of gods were God not only will they ostracize people from Churches for not submitting a 10% of salary, they will create a special Hell of suffering for people who do not obey the order. They can't do either of them.
Bless you! I thank the Lord for giving many light to this truth that is hidden for long, I hope and pray earnestly that we all come to the feet of Christ resting on nothing but His righteousness.

1 Like

Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by Topgainer: 4:18pm On Sep 11, 2017
PointZerom:

Stop quoting the Bible out of context. If paying One million as tithe out of ten million God blessed me with is a sin, Oluwa Pls bring more money I am ready to "sin" more.
An2elect2 write up is filled with Christian context. If you have ever given 10% of your salary and call it tithe, you are wrong because that is not tithe. You only gave an offering and if you gave it out of obligation or compulsion, then it is no longer the Christian offering.

Offerings, alms giving, charity and kindness attracts blessings which are not tied to the amount or percentages but to the cheerfulness of the act. E.g. Mr A who gave 80% of his salary grudgingly, i.e. thinking of other things he would have used the money for is not likely to attract more blessings than Mr B who gave 1% thinking of how he could give more to better the lifes of his/her neighbour the next time.

2 Likes

Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by Topgainer: 4:37pm On Sep 11, 2017
Broderick555:
Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Yes he fulfilled them so that we can be free from all the yokes of the Law. Yoke that was so hard for the religious Jews to keep all its demands is it you of a computer age that can keep all of it (613 laws)?
Thank God for Jesus who summarized all the laws and gave you just a statement. You shall love the Lord thy God with all thine heart and Love your enemies as yourself. And to help you with this he gave the Holy Spirit to remind you of the things He taught.

grin grin grin
The law has not been destroyed for the lawbreakers and for all those who think they can keep the whole Jewish law. Goodluck to them with their struggles. But woe to the modern Pharisees who reside on well decorated thrones, in palatial Churches and temples, demanding financial aspects of the Jewish laws upon Christians.
As for me and my family, in Jesus we found a fulfilment of the laws and hidden in him, we act as the unpredictable wind of the spirit leads our hearts.
The Choice is yours!

1 Like

Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by jaszplus12(m): 4:38pm On Sep 11, 2017
An2elect2:
Christians are not mandated to pay tithe. We are free in Christ and all our givings should be as the Spirit leads else we are empty professors.

Any church that is collecting tithe is not only robbing you but placing you under the curse of the law. It says for all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law." Galatians 3:10.

There are 613 laws that are to be kept to be right with God. No man kept these except Christ. And through His death we are free from the rule and condemnation of the law. If Christ has freed you from the Law why do you still entangle yourself with its yoke, bringing yourself under bondage and condemnation by obeying wicked men who only want to fleece you for their gain?

Isn't Christ enough? Don't you trust the Spirit of Christ to lead you? Isn't Christ your righteousness, the reason you stand justified before God is it because you pay tithe (keep 1 of 613 laws)? or because you believe in Jesus Christ?
how I wish you wrote this in upper case!
many refuse to read and understand their scriptures but prefer to accept without research what the pastor says! read Rom16:17-18!
the work of evangelism isn't a profit oriented thing but for salvation of souls but this has been hijacked by philosophers using the bible to thrill and then milk people! check out the whole of the new testament that's the Christian code of conduct no one paid a dime as tithe!!
even in the old testament tithe was NEVER cash!!!

1 Like

Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by osomegbe(m): 6:47pm On Sep 11, 2017
An2elect2:

I am better off with the 10% my guy. Because I can justify and it is cheap. Just 10%.
I know your type, you will twist you members to free will shoes, free will offering, free will sacrifice, free will school fees, free will pastors car, free will pastors wife bag, etc
I wonder what we understood in Matthew 23:23 ... These you ought to do without neglecting paying tithes.(paraphrased). Or do I need a Rev father to interpret it for me.
Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by ideologies(m): 7:07pm On Sep 11, 2017
An2elect2:

trash .. This is a case of twisting the Bible to suit your brain.

Tithing is older than old testament.
Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by joeycynosure: 7:36pm On Sep 11, 2017
Absolutely correct. Leave that church. That's toxic and Un-Christian!
Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by lebete3000: 8:59am On Sep 12, 2017
ireneony:
That is how my sister is using her hard earned pounds to pay tithes every months..

And He still dey make you look sweeter sef. wink
Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by PointZerom: 9:58am On Sep 12, 2017
Topgainer:

An2elect2 write up is filled with Christian context. If you have ever given 10% of your salary and call it tithe, you are wrong because that is not tithe. You only gave an offering and if you gave it out of obligation or compulsion, then it is no longer the Christian offering.

Offerings, alms giving, charity and kindness attracts blessings which are not tied to the amount or percentages but to the cheerfulness of the act. E.g. Mr A who gave 80% of his salary grudgingly, i.e. thinking of other things he would have used the money for is not likely to attract more blessings than Mr B who gave 1% thinking of how he could give more to better the lifes of his/her neighbour the next time.

Tithing is righteousness and not sin. Deal with with.
Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by BlueAngel444: 9:59am On Sep 12, 2017
Only if nigeria christians knew the truth abt tithing. doing things not because you knw its true but cause ur told its true
Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by PointZerom: 10:02am On Sep 12, 2017
MISSCONGENIALITY:
Funny enough there's no where in the bible where Christians are asked to pay their tithes to a pastor or a church leader.
No man can make me bring out what I'm not willing to give in the name of God.
God will be very angry with me if I give to someone who has more than me what he has given me to take care of myself and people I'm better than.
God's people really perish for lack of knowledge

And you think that you displayed knowledge here?.

At least there's a place in Malachi where Christians are commanded to pay tithe, if you say tithing in wrong Pls show me where it's written in the Bible.
Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by BlueAngel444: 10:02am On Sep 12, 2017
PointZerom:

Tithing is righteousness and not sin. Deal with with.

D 10% mandatory tithing taught in churches is a lie
Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by BlueAngel444: 10:05am On Sep 12, 2017
PointZerom:

And you think that you displayed knowledge here?.

At least there's a place in Malachi where Christians are commanded to pay tithe, if you say tithing in wrong Pls show me where it's written in the Bible.

Read the article on the malachi's prophecy here on niaraland n understand what God was actual saying
Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by PointZerom: 10:09am On Sep 12, 2017
ireneony:

The blessings of God are for all believers and non believers, but his kingdom is only for those that fears and keeps his commandments.

If an idol worshiper and a true child of God washes their cloths and spreads them, God will send the sun and the wind to dry up the clothes irrespective of their diff. faiths but on the day of separation, that Idol worshiper who enjoyed the blessings of God and refused to do the will of God will be cast away.
Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by PointZerom: 10:10am On Sep 12, 2017
BlueAngel444:

Read the article on the malachi's prophecy here on niaraland n understand what God was actual saying

What you think God was actually saying you mean?.
Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by BlueAngel444: 10:11am On Sep 12, 2017
ideologies:
trash .. This is a case of twisting the Bible to suit your brain.

Tithing is older than old testament.

Actually tithing isnt older than the old testament. Read the article history of tithing on nairaland.

people that dont read always get easily decieved n produce unprovable conclusion
Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by PointZerom: 10:12am On Sep 12, 2017
BlueAngel444:
D 10% mandatory tithing taught in churches is a lie

At least someone did it and was recommended in Hebrews 7.
Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by PointZerom: 10:14am On Sep 12, 2017
BlueAngel444:

Actually tithing isnt older than the old testament. Read the article history of tithing on nairaland.

people that dont read always get easily decieved n produce unprovable conclusion

Pls always refer Christians to the Bible not somewhere else.
Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by BlueAngel444: 10:17am On Sep 12, 2017
PointZerom:

Stop quoting the Bible out of context. If paying One million as tithe out of ten million God blessed me with is a sin, Oluwa Pls bring more money I am ready to "sin" more.
This person worshipping the bussinessgod (buy n sell) n definetly not the God of the Hebrews
Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by BlueAngel444: 10:22am On Sep 12, 2017
Broderick555:
Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Thank God for understanding. TILL ALL BE FULFILLED

JESUS SAID: IT IS FINISHED

while he walked with them he began to expound on how the messiah had to pass through all this to fulfil d scriptures as in d torah, d prophets n d psalms.

THANK YOU LORD JESUS CHRIST
Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by BlueAngel444: 10:25am On Sep 12, 2017
Oche211:

This is a major decision na. A controversial one at that.
Chai, i can just imagine the fate of a faithful tither who didn't make the top 3.

Eh like champions league qualification, dey wont qualify for heaven (gospell according to tighters)
Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by BlueAngel444: 10:32am On Sep 12, 2017
tiredoflife:

Tithing is not under the law sir....Abraham gave tithe after he came back from war to mechzadeck.

The law is also know as the law of moses....
So be corrected
Abraham gave tenth n not Abraham paid tithe like he is owning anybody.

so 10% of what, a loot, properties that werent his n he returned. Abraham wasnt blessed bcus of it, he was blessd before it.

i have posted indepth articles covering almost every known angel about tithing, read it and gain God's wisdom and truth
Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by BlueAngel444: 10:35am On Sep 12, 2017
drololaaof:
Where was is written in the Bible that you keep record of tithe and announce it? In these days of crime they are exposing the tither to attack by criminals and jealous members with evil spirit was is not written that in the midst of children of God there is that of Satan too so beware of pastors who are after tithe for there own benefits

Tell it to RCCG that gives its members tithe cards with number like tax papers.
Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by BlueAngel444: 10:44am On Sep 12, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

Bros , Tithing was before the law, Abraham, aproved by and under the law ....The popular Mal 3:10 .....and consented to by Jesus Christ and the testament.

Hen 7:8-10 and Matt 23:23 ...Luke 11:42. ... No law abolished it ....However when iT is paid or done as a formula or doctrine it ceases to be a mystery of the kingdom and incapable of benefiting the tither

And no law established it in the NT, JESUS AND THE APOSTLES DIDNT PREACH IT.

YOU DONT UNDERSTAND THOSE SCRIPTURES PROPERLY AND YOUR STANDARD SEEM SET ON WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD.

study, read articles of early church fathers on tithing, read the history, truth about tithing, read jewish articles people who the law was given to, gain wisdom, gain the truth.
I have shared some of these articles and my research here on NL
Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by BlueAngel444: 10:53am On Sep 12, 2017
PointZerom:

Pls always refer Christians to the Bible not somewhere else.

EVERY SCRIPTURAL REFERENCE ABOUT TITHING IS STATED IN THE ARTICLES I POSTED ON NL

deut 14:23 eat the tithe...

i can quote my biblical passages that will make you ask yourself, why that whoever taught you tithing NEVER QUOTING THIS VERSES

THEY ASSUME PEOPLE ARE TOO FOOLISH AND LAZY TO ACTUAL STUDY THE BIBLE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obayi Paul Martins Undergoes 3 Days Fasting, Allows Himself To Be Flogged (Pics) / Money Is Nonsense - Bishop David Oyedepo / U.K Fines Pastor Chris Oyakhilome For Spreading Covid19 Conspiracy Theories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.