Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,280 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

Ex-christians Now Atheists, What Was The Craziest Thing You Did Out Of Faith? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ex-christians Now Atheists, What Was The Craziest Thing You Did Out Of Faith? (5693 Views)

If Most Nigerians Become Atheists,What Do You Think Will Happen? / Atheists, What Is Your View On Morality? / Atheists, What's Your Opinion On This One? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-christians Now Atheists, What Was The Craziest Thing You Did Out Of Faith? by terrezo2002(m): 7:43am On Oct 24, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

one can value such a lifestyle without joining your delusions, a lot of us are doing much better job of it than the average Christian

just like Dawkins said, if morality is what you value in Christianity, why not cut the middle man rather than carrying other baggage the middleman brought with the morality?

Christians are more moral. They teach and do true sacrifice for people. This is what Christianity is all about.
Re: Ex-christians Now Atheists, What Was The Craziest Thing You Did Out Of Faith? by hopefulLandlord: 9:23am On Oct 24, 2017
terrezo2002:

Christians are more moral. They teach and do true sacrifice for people. This is what Christianity is all about.
prove that Christians are more moral than atheists
Re: Ex-christians Now Atheists, What Was The Craziest Thing You Did Out Of Faith? by terrezo2002(m): 9:39am On Oct 24, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
prove that Christians are more moral than atheists
read the Bible. Read the story of Jesus. How He sacrificed His life for sinners. He then said we should love the same way He loved us and gave His life for us.
When you talk of morality I laugh because you don't have understanding of it. The origin of love is God. God is love. You can only love if you have God's nature which you and every other atheists lack.
Love supersedes morality. You even struggle to be moral because you don't know God
Re: Ex-christians Now Atheists, What Was The Craziest Thing You Did Out Of Faith? by Ericsunday619: 10:04am On Oct 24, 2017
terrezo2002:

read the Bible. Read the story of Jesus. How He sacrificed His life for sinners. He then said we should love the same way He loved us and gave His life for us.
When you talk of morality I laugh because you don't have understanding of it. The origin of love is God. God is love. You can only love if you have God's nature which you and every other atheists lack.
Love supersedes morality. You even struggle to be moral because you don't know God
your statement is pointless and lacks critical reasoning. Religion has nothing to do with morality. If Jesus died in the cross for Christians WTF is atheists business? Did anybody sent him to kill his own self?
Re: Ex-christians Now Atheists, What Was The Craziest Thing You Did Out Of Faith? by Ericsunday619: 10:12am On Oct 24, 2017
terrezo2002:

you know nothing about morality. Telling little children about hell fire, stoning women to death for adultery, talking donkeys and snakes, cutting of a woman hands for hitting a male genital, praying for enemies to die by fire, advising people not to marry an atheist, is this the definition of morality? Because all the Christians i have seen in the past are so religious and call anyone that don't believe in Jesus Christ a Satan. angry
Re: Ex-christians Now Atheists, What Was The Craziest Thing You Did Out Of Faith? by terrezo2002(m): 10:12am On Oct 24, 2017
Ericsunday619:
your statement is pointless and lacks critical reasoning. Religion has nothing to do with morality. If Jesus died in the cross for Christians WTF is atheists business? Did anybody sent him to kill his own self?
This is why you remain blind
Re: Ex-christians Now Atheists, What Was The Craziest Thing You Did Out Of Faith? by Ericsunday619: 10:18am On Oct 24, 2017
terrezo2002:

I know. You are talking about morality and also calling someone a blind person for sharing taughts and logical explanation with you. If you think what you are wearing is right that doesn't mean it's actually good. Stop behaving like a kid and reason with other people to get more enlightened, this is the 21century and you still believe in flying houses, talking donkeys and snakes, ghosts and demons grin
Re: Ex-christians Now Atheists, What Was The Craziest Thing You Did Out Of Faith? by Ericsunday619: 10:20am On Oct 24, 2017
terrezo2002:

a blind person is someone that cannot see other people points but strongly believe what they are doing is so right grin
Re: Ex-christians Now Atheists, What Was The Craziest Thing You Did Out Of Faith? by terrezo2002(m): 10:25am On Oct 24, 2017
Ericsunday619:
you know nothing about morality. Telling little children about hell fire, stoning women to death for adultery, talking donkeys and snakes, cutting of a woman hands for hitting a male genital, praying for enemies to die by fire, advising people not to marry an atheist, is this the definition of morality? Because all the Christians i have seen in the past are so religious and call anyone that don't believe in Jesus Christ a Satan. angry
A Christian don't practice many of these things you said.
As a Christian, you should do good to your enemies and pray for them because at one time we were enemies of God and Christ gave His life for our reconciliation.
As a Christian, you don't condemn sinners, you pray they convert because we were all sinners and we were given second chance to repent.
As a Christian, you shouldn't marry anyone that is against your faith because it may affect your faith, but if any is in such relationship already, they should pray for their spouse and for themselves to remain faithful.
The prove of Christianity is in loving. Anyone who calls Himself a Christian and does not love does not know God and he is not a Christian but an hypocrite
Re: Ex-christians Now Atheists, What Was The Craziest Thing You Did Out Of Faith? by superhumanist(m): 10:28am On Oct 24, 2017
5 pages of this thread and I am yet to see any ex-christian who has surpassed my mumu. grin

I beat the sense out of a 10 year old boy because a local pastor said he has demons in him. To be fair, the boy was troublesome and stubborn. All the boy needed was love and affection.

He was the son of my uncles friend who worked in our family compound in the east. We used him like an errand boy but the guy was just naughty- stealing and destroying things. A relative who was a pastor came visiting and later said that the boy needs "deliverance" because he has demons. The pastor used to beat the boy silly and the boy became quiet. The pastor recommended that such "deliverance" should be done frequently. It seemed like the pastor was right.

When the pastor left, the boy went back to his naughty ways. But I gave him consistent thorough beatings to remove his demons. It was not until 2 years later that I became a deist that I realised that I had engaged in child abuse.

The good thing is that the boy is no more in the village. He is studying in Lagos now and I make sure that he has pocket money and I make sure I take him out whenever I can. I think the boy has forgiven me now that I am softer. cry
Re: Ex-christians Now Atheists, What Was The Craziest Thing You Did Out Of Faith? by terrezo2002(m): 10:30am On Oct 24, 2017
Ericsunday619:
I know. You are talking about morality and also calling someone a blind person for sharing taughts and logical explanation with you. If you think what you are wearing is right that doesn't mean it's actually good. Stop behaving like a kid and reason with other people to get more enlightened, this is the 21century and you still believe in flying houses, talking donkeys and snakes, ghosts and demons grin
I am not insulting you, but saying the truth. I am confident of what I know because I have experienced this loving God. If you don't know this God, all you need to do is learn about Him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian / Adeboye With Obj, Ogd; Tb Joshua With Atta Mills. The Fruit Speaks Louder / 1st Bible Translated In Yoruba By Ajayi Crowther Inside 1st Storey Building (pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.