Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,842 members, 7,806,373 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

- Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / (3241 Views)

What Will The Atheists Say After The Rapture? / Can Any Of You Christians In The House Explain Dis To Me By Opposing Dis Motion? / Atheists In Lagos And Worldwide, Come And Witness Limb Growing Miracle!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: by CatfishBilly: 11:12pm On Sep 11, 2017
Listener07:

I wrote everything I wanted to say in the OP and I only brought up extra details because you prompted me.

Lol. Your oedipus tale is ridiculously hilarious, and coming from you an atheist, I am not surprised.
It's hilarious because you have nothing to say as a rebuttal.

Your Sexton heard about the prophecy, started panicking and had an accident. Simple as ABC

3 Likes

Re: by DeSepiero(m): 11:23pm On Sep 11, 2017
Listener07:

That's how pastors operate. Or maybe he thought it best to do it that way.

Well, I believe he prophesied because he felt that he should prophesy in the frenzy prayer session. Pastors nowadays always want to impress their congregation.

A genuine revelation of such should come across as a sober and serious one; a bad omen about a particular fellow not to be disclosed for public knowledge but for secluded fellows that would be directly affected.
Re: by gabe: 11:48pm On Sep 11, 2017
Lol, this thing is a business. They are experienced and actually studied how to make these 'prophesies' believable. Did he saythe sexton would be in an accident specifically? Of course not. Its always someone. The probability of an accident happening to a church member is always there. Having prayed about it, it also means all church members would be conscious of all near misses as 'deliverance' from accidents due to the prayer. Also, notice he didn't mention the specific time or place. These pastors are just good at playing the odds.
Re: by chemystery: 2:59am On Sep 12, 2017
Well, CoolUsername & hopefulLandlord have done justice to whatever there is to say. In addition to that, doesn't this scenario look absurd to you? Picture this:

God saw what would happen to the sexton, God could stop it but God be like:

"Well, ​I know what you all want already but I just want to hear you beg!​"

The congregation now begged and god be like:

"Alright sexton, congregation don beg on your behalf. Oya, chop this small wound!"

Meaning if no one had prayed, god, knowing what would happen to the sexton will be like:

"Hehehe, i expected them to beg but no one begged for you sexton, so you can go to hell for all I care"

Too egocentric and anthropomorphic for a god in the first place

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: by dblackninja: 5:11am On Sep 12, 2017
I wanted to address the op but after reading the comments and arguments that followed, it shows that Listener07 is doing nothing other than bring up post hocs & even contradictions.

In the op, u didn't specifically say that the pastor mentioned a name. You used the word "someone". And after the accident happened, it's now implied that that someone was the church sexton.
But in your reply to someone's explanation, you said you made it perfectly clear in your op.

In your op, you said the man had an accident and sustained a few injuries, but you later you said it was so bloody that he barely survived undecided

So it begs the questions, what are you trying to achieve with this thread?? Because I have seen that you have gotten wonderful explanations so far, but instead of accepting them, you kept twisting facts..

8 Likes

Re: by menxer: 6:09am On Sep 12, 2017
Listener07:

Really? Am I supposed to know how God revealed the prophecy to him? Unfortunately I have lost contact with him else I would have asked him.
That's just too bad.
Then the essence of this thread is defeated since you for one doesn't know God enough to know how he reveals things to people.
Smh
Re: by CatfishBilly: 7:05am On Sep 12, 2017
Amberon11:
This is the most silly thing I've heard all year. Your IQ is heading towards negative.
Says someone worshipping a failed dead Jewish rebel, a poor man's version of Nnamdi Kanu (cos that was what he was) and you're talking about IQ?
I can see you, you shining example of extraordinary intellectual capabilities.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: by frank317: 7:16am On Sep 12, 2017
Listener07:
Sometime past I went to a church for a revival programme. During the prayer session the man of God began to prophesy and proclaimed that God revealed to him that someone (who happens to be the church sexton) is going to be involved in an accident which may possibly lead to his death.

The man (sexton) in question did not attend the service.
So prayers were rendered
for him hoping God would avert the terrible fate he was supposed to meet. The service came to an end and everybody went home.

The next day, as predicted, the man had the accident and sustained a few injuries but luckily he survived and shared his ordeal in the church to the amazement of everyone in attendance.

Now here is my question for atheists who don't believe in the existence of Gods, the supernatural, ghosts, magic (not tricks), and what not: how did the man of God come about his prophecy?

And before you rush to question the validity of the story I narrated, know that I was a witness, not that I was told by someone.

I await your response

Did the pastor call the man's name?
Did he say the exact date and time of the accident?
Did he say the nature of the accident?

Good a thing the man was not there otherwise people would have said upon hearing the pastor's prediction (in the sequence I asked above) he would have made effort to avoid it.

It's a win win situation for the pastor. He makes a general prediction and say pray against it. If an accident happens to any member with 3months of his prediction, he wins. If It does not happen he still wins, nobody will ask him anything, afterall they have already prayed to avert it.

1 Like

Re: by frank317: 8:21am On Sep 12, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

post hocs and ad hocs are popping up, this is why I don't argue against anecdotes, new stories would pop up to plug whatever argument one has against it, its now gone from "8PM" to "He's a close relative"

does it bear any significance if he knows? yes it does, didn't you read my first post well? how prophecies can end up being self fulfilling like the story of Oedipus? knowing about the prophecy puts him under pressure to make sure the prophecy isn't fulfilled (especially prophesies about An unfortunate event) which might actually lead to its fulfilment

I hear you

Glad I am not the only one who is noticing how the story is gradually evolving.

- The op never mentioned that the pastor mentioned the name of the victim, but alone the line the op inserted it

-he never mentioned that it was his close relative, it even assumed he was just a church member ,but all of a sudden he has become his relative just make us feel he has details of the occurrence.

- notice how he inserted the time frame? Just to show the victim had not time to think through the prophesy

- the op said the victim sustained a minor injury after the accident, showing the prayer really alerted the accident, but all of a sudden,he had added that the accident was serious and the man 'who sustained a minor injury' almost bled to death.

Like u said, I see self fulfilled prophecy at play here. The main story is in the op, any other thing he is adding is his mind playing tricks on him.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: by chemystery: 8:38am On Sep 12, 2017
frank317:

- The op never mentioned that the pastor mentioned the name of the victim, but alone the line the op inserted it

-he never mentioned that it was his close relative, it even assumed he was just a church member ,but all of a sudden he has become his relative just make us feel he has details of the occurrence.

- notice how he inserted the time frame? Just to show the victim had not time to think through the prophesy

- the op said the victim sustained a minor injury after the accident, showing the prayer really alerted the accident, but all of a sudden,he had added that the accident was serious and the man 'who sustained a minor injury' almost bled to death.

Like u said, I see self fulfilled prophecy at play here. The main story is in the op, any other thing he is adding is his mind playing tricks on him.
How sure are you that there are no lies therein in the OP?
It is evident he tried to fine tune the initial story to make it irrefutable. But as it turned out unfavorable for him, he kept on fine tuning it further to close all unforeseen loopholes that weren't taken care of in the original post.
Re: by frank317: 8:41am On Sep 12, 2017
chemystery:
It is evident he tried to fine tune the initial story to make it irrefutable. But as it turned out unfavorable for him, he kept on fine tuning it further to close all unforeseen loopholes that weren't taken care of in the original post.
In fact I am not sure of the story again

4 Likes

Re: by hahn(m): 8:52am On Sep 12, 2017
Listener07:
Sometime past I went to a church for a revival programme. During the prayer session the man of God began to prophesy and proclaimed that God revealed to him that someone (who happens to be the church sexton) is going to be involved in an accident which may possibly lead to his death.

So prayers were rendered
for him hoping God would avert the terrible fate he was supposed to meet. The service came to an end and everybody went home.

The next day, as predicted, the man had the accident and sustained a few injuries but luckily he survived and shared his ordeal in the church to the amazement of everyone in attendance.

Now here is my question for atheists who don't believe in the existence of Gods, the supernatural, ghosts, magic (not tricks), and what not: how did the man of God come about his prophecy?

And before you rush to question the validity of the story I narrated, know that I was a witness, not that I was told by someone.

I await your response

Do you have a recording or video of this prophecy? It is important we hear the pastor's prophecy from his own mouth

smiley
Re: by hopefulLandlord: 8:52am On Sep 12, 2017
chemystery:

exactly!!!

1 Like

Re: by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 12, 2017
Listener07

Most replies here have most likely explained what happened but I want to digress a bit.

A child (a sexton) of God is about to have an accident. Why can't God reveal/warn him directly? why are revelations "reserved" for "men of God" only?

You see, we allow these guys to deceive us all the time.

◄ Psalm 82:6 ►

(New International Version)

"I said, 'You are "gods"; you are all sons of the Most High
Re: by lomprico(m): 10:31am On Sep 12, 2017
Listener07:

This is a public forum. Can't disclose a sensitive info like that here. Nonetheless the accident was bloody.

I dint say u should mention names, what has stating the type of accident got to do with public forum?
Re: by obinna58(m): 10:51am On Sep 12, 2017
chemystery:
Well, CoolUsername & hopefulLandlord have done justice to whatever there is to say. In addition to that, doesn't this scenario look absurd to you? Picture this:

God saw what would happen to the sexton, God could stop it but God be like:

"Well, ​I know what you all want already but I just want to hear you beg!​"

The congregation now begged and god be like:

"Alright sexton, congregation don beg on your behalf. Oya, chop this small wound!"

Meaning if no one had prayed, god, knowing what would happen to the sexton will be like:

"Hehehe, i expected them to beg but no one begged for you sexton, so you can go to hell for all I care"

Too egocentric and anthropomorphic for a god in the first place
He works mysteriously u know cheesy
When God sets his stupid plan as usual, all he expects from people who claim he is beyond understanding is to beg, command and instruct him on the rightful thing to do
Re: by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 12, 2017
lomprico:

I dint say u should mention names, what has stating the type of accident got to do with public forum?
Why do you want to know the type of accident?
Re: by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 12, 2017
hahn:

Do you have a recording or video of this prophecy? It is important we hear the pastor's prophecy from his own mouth

smiley

No. This incident took place some years ago. In any case, I didn't see the need to preserve evidence so I can use it as proof when I stumble upon a skeptic who would doubt my story in the future.

And even if I provide you a recording of the pastor's prophecy, you would then turn around and say he was hallucinating.

You atheists are mischievous

1 Like

Re: by hahn(m): 1:10pm On Sep 12, 2017
Listener07:

No. This incident took place some years ago. In any case, I didn't see the need to preserve evidence so I can use it as proof when I stumble upon a skeptic who would doubt my story in the future.

And even if I provide you a recording of the pastor's prophecy, you would then turn around and say he was hallucinating.

You atheists are mischievous

Slow down a bit

Since this incident with your pastor which you have now claimed happened some years ago, have you experienced a similar miracle since then?
Re: by sesaan(m): 2:56pm On Sep 12, 2017
That's a coincidence ! nothing more ... I will like to meet the god of man so he can help me win big at bet9ja ... I suspect you made it up
Re: by Fayos1(m): 3:15pm On Sep 12, 2017
Op tried to establish that the Sexton was not aware of the prohecy. A pastor gave a prophecy of death concerning a well known church member. What is the first thing the members will do after church ? Alert and notify him of course.. Isn't he your close relative. I doubt the credibility of the story though.
Re: by lomprico(m): 5:21pm On Sep 12, 2017
Listener07:

To know if it was a setup! Arranged stuff
Re: by Niflheim(m): 6:33pm On Sep 12, 2017
@op,

The pastor planned with the sexton to arrange a "light accident"!!! The sexton avoided church that day so he can arrange his minor bruises on his body!!! grin grin grin grin grin

Nothing to see here....................................now run along everybody!!!

2 Likes

Re: by 1Sharon(f): 4:39am On Sep 14, 2017
Listener07:

So prayers were rendered

I await your response

1.)the pastor and the sexton planned for the sexton to have 'accident' and the pastor act like he predicted it all along
or the sexton actually had an accident, the pastor knew(secretly) and then tried to pass it off as a prohecy

No time for tricksters
Re: by hopefulLandlord: 4:43am On Sep 14, 2017
Fayos1:
Op tried to establish that the Sexton was not aware of the prohecy. A pastor gave a prophecy of death concerning a well known church member. What is the first thing the members will do after church ? Alert and notify him of course.. Isn't he your close relative. I doubt the credibility of the story though.

This!

what OP is saying is that all well meaning church members who prayed fervently for prevention of the fulfilment of a bad prophecy REFUSED to call the Sexton to alert him? I don't wanna be a member of such a church

I'm of the opinion that OP didn't know we could blow holes into the story and when confronted he had to plug the holes in a very absurd manner, he's in a catch-22 right now

1 Like

Re: by 1Sharon(f): 4:51am On Sep 14, 2017
johnydon22:

I predict before this year runs out someone you know will either get pregnant or have a baby..

This is simple probability. What are the odds that out of a thousand 1 or 2 will have an accident in no distant time, the odds are pretty huge actually.

Making probable predictions that are in fact vague in construction is not hard believing it on your own part as act of God is to ridicule the very thing you think God stands and frankly is idiotic.

God is omniscient so his/her revelations should be less vague and more precise.

Loool ....when my mum went to naija she showed my pic to a prophetess for prayer. The woman said oh,' ur daughter Sharon men like her and they all want to be with her' As if she had made a big revelation cheesy

Ofcourse as a young lady men will definately attracted to me. Would the silly woman have said that if I was 80? undecided Ofcourse not.

Assumptions turned to prophecy.

Even my Mum had no words when I broke it down for her after she told me what happened

Thats their hustle sha undecided

3 Likes

Re: by 1Sharon(f): 4:59am On Sep 14, 2017
Listener07:

Nope, he didn't give a time frame, but it happened the next day and I also detected the urgency in his voice when he spoke. But he mentioned the exact name of the person he was referring to and the person was well known.

Its all part of the act my nigga. These ppl are tricksters.

Thats how they get their daily bread
Re: by 1Sharon(f): 5:19am On Sep 14, 2017
frank317:

Hmm.. with this post I conclude the OP is a liar
Re: by 1Sharon(f): 5:29am On Sep 14, 2017
Listener07:

Wtf! Why dont you want to reveal the type of accident is it a big deal? It's not as if if we have a face and a name to match the accident with for flips sake undecided
Re: by 1Sharon(f): 5:44am On Sep 14, 2017
Amberon11:
This is the most silly thing I've heard all year. Your IQ is heading towards negative.

You are the silly one. Haven't you heard about self-fulfilling prophecy?
Re: by 1Sharon(f): 5:50am On Sep 14, 2017
Lying OP

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Homo Sapiens, See Your Histories / Yasir Qadhi: Who Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? Isaac Not Ishmael / Why Jehovah Witnesses Reject Blood Transfusion But God Created Eve Used Adam Rib

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.