Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,724 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:26 AM

Catalonia About To Say Goodbye To Spain In A Referendum - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Catalonia About To Say Goodbye To Spain In A Referendum (1446 Views)

CATALONIA HAS ‘WON RIGHT TO STATEHOOD ’ / Catalan Referendum In Spain: Riot Police Fire Rubber Bullets At Crowd / UN, UK Distance Self From Kurdistan Referendum And Secession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catalonia About To Say Goodbye To Spain In A Referendum by ashjay001(m): 9:19am On Sep 12, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

Mind ur language. Everybody was once conquered but you don't call them conquered people. Can we call Yoruba people conquered because Fulani took over Illorin and sacked Oyo ile over a century ago?

The yorubas in Ilorin are a conquered race! They have an emir! Oyo ile was able to come back from it, or is there any vestige of d fulanis remaining? Japan, china, india, america, germany, france england were all a conquered race at a point in their histories. To varying degrees with different methods(revolution, diplomacy), they came out of it!

In all my dealings, I try very hard to put sentiments apart. A very objective realist!
Re: Catalonia About To Say Goodbye To Spain In A Referendum by paschu: 11:29am On Sep 12, 2017
That's your opinion. It does not change his perception of who you are (a conquered foe). It won't also change the perception of his descendants about your descendants. It had been that way before you were born. It will remain that way for your children's children unless you do something drastic to change it. That's what Kanu is doing. Care to join him? Or do you prefer to continue living in delusion? The choice is yours.

Maduawuchukwu:

If Igbo people are conquered then his people are too. Besides Igbo achievement in Nigeria doesn't seem like what defeated people will achieve.

1 Like

Re: Catalonia About To Say Goodbye To Spain In A Referendum by ashjay001(m): 1:20pm On Sep 12, 2017
pazienza:

Lol!
Successful ones is not really about position of strength. It's about the position of the oppressors in world power. I bet it is near impossible to secede from world powers like China, ask Tibet. For failed weak entities like Nigeria, Sudan, Ethiopia and the rest. It's a fifty fifty, and depends on the roles the world powers play and the determination of the secessionists.

Many Igbos would gladly take the 100yrs set back, if it would mean we get to finally extract ourselves from a retrogressive failed entity at last. We know we can recover all and do exploit in a shorter time, once we have our destiny in our hands.

Dont make me laugh joor!

A hundred years of subservient attitude to d nigerian state! Non of russia, china or america, looks likely to support u openly!?

Another civil war still wont gv u independence, more likely guerilla warfare till d ends of time!
Re: Catalonia About To Say Goodbye To Spain In A Referendum by pazienza(m): 7:49pm On Sep 12, 2017
ashjay001:

Dont make me laugh joor!

A hundred years of subservient attitude to d nigerian state! Non of russia, china or america, looks likely to support u openly!?

Another civil war still wont gv u independence, more likely guerilla warfare till d ends of time!

You can never be sure if they would support you either.
It goes both ways.

Catalonia persistence is finally paying off .

2 Likes

Re: Catalonia About To Say Goodbye To Spain In A Referendum by Maduawuchukwu(m): 8:47pm On Sep 12, 2017
paschu:
That's your opinion. It does not change his perception of who you are (a conquered foe). It won't also change the perception of his descendants about your descendants. It had been that way before you were born. It will remain that way for your children's children unless you do something drastic to change it. That's what Kanu is doing. Care to join him? Or do you prefer to continue living in delusion? The choice is yours.

Lol. So I should leave Fulani Master(Buhari) to serve Igbo master (Kanu)? Hope you have seen the freedom fighting your group did by attacking Hausas in Abia state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Catalonia About To Say Goodbye To Spain In A Referendum by Maduawuchukwu(m): 8:49pm On Sep 12, 2017
pazienza:

Why should he mind his language? You don't want him to exhibit his true nature. You prefer he lies about himself and his nature as well as how he views your region( Yes, a conquered region), so that you can go on living in your delusion of one united promising Nigeria? grin cheesy
Rather live in the self imposed darkness of lies than accept the enlightening blinding light of the truth, eh kwa?

Ikegwuru.

The Igbo people are one of Nigerias most successful groups. We are not a conquered people and what his likes think is not my business as far as they don't touch us. Let us invest in the east before anything.
Re: Catalonia About To Say Goodbye To Spain In A Referendum by pazienza(m): 9:01pm On Sep 12, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

The Igbo people are one of Nigerias most successful groups. We are not a conquered people and what his likes think is not my business as far as they don't touch us. Let us invest in the east before anything.

Keep living in delusions, don't face the reality starring you on the face.

What you think doesn't matter, what they think is what matters, cos if you must coexist with them in same group political space, you must eternally deal with what they think, cos they are not going to change their mindset.

Ignoring a problem. Or acting like it doesn't exist, won't stop it from existing.

2 Likes

Re: Catalonia About To Say Goodbye To Spain In A Referendum by ashjay001(m): 10:13pm On Sep 12, 2017
pazienza:

You can never be sure if they would support you either.
It goes both ways.

Catalonia persistence is finally paying off .

America n china are too much invested in d nigerian state, to change loyalty. Russia n PMB have had a very long relationship.

I just pray a miracle happens sha, I actually have relatives on d other side too!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mugabe & Grace ‘watching Mnangagwa’s Inauguration’ On TV Goes Viral / Poorest President’ Donates 90% Of His Salary- President Of Uruguay / Photos of President Obama at his first and Last State of the Union address

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.