Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

Lady Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike Graduates From UK With 5.0gp - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lady Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike Graduates From UK With 5.0gp (25286 Views)

EKSU VC, Edward Olanipekun's Son Graduates From UK University / Kenneth Ononeze Okwor Graduates From Harvard (Photos) / Mary Folafoluwa Oginni, Best Student In WAEC Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike Graduates From UK With 5.0gp by buygala(m): 8:44am On Sep 12, 2017
bionixs:
oga,am sorry for you. mediocrity should be the caption of this comment of yours. Better keep mute than mislead the people. if you can afford it, I know that your ward would be settled with the lowest poly in UK. But here you are a WRITHING OFF what you couldn't afford

That we can't afford it doesn't make her necessarily smarter than myself and thousands of Nigerian 2:1 graduates out there. smiley

Because like I said, she achieved that feat in a young backwater college angry

2 Likes

Re: Lady Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike Graduates From UK With 5.0gp by wowo2: 8:46am On Sep 12, 2017
buygala:
What's the ranking of that school in the UK?

With the right sponsorship and a little bit of luck, some 2:1 students from any of Nigeria's top 10 universities can pull that stunt in any backwater UK university undecided

And please drop all that stuff about her being best in WAEC... she is a brilliant girl no doubt... But how are we sure her ''miracle center" school had nothing to do with manipulating her results?

Just like her, I got admitted to study law as well in OAU.... And I graduated from the school as well.. . and having a CGPA of 4.53 in 1st year wasn't all that hard for students in the faculty because the courses taken then, apart from SSC102, were all out-of-faculty and pretty basic... La Cram La Pour sturvs... At the end of my 1st year in the faculty of law in OAU, my cgpa was 4.36...and I wasnt even among the top 30 in my class sad.....

Shitt started getting real in 200 level when we started taking majorly law courses... none of us made it out of the faculty with a 1st class..... And some of my class padis who had exceptionally high scores in JAMB and Post-Ume didn't exactly blaze any trails either...

Point is.. .. She is a brilliant girl who had the chance and resources to study abroad in some kinda lowball university.... If she had achieved this feat in one of the top 10 universities in the UK, then I will truly applaud her.. What she has achieved doesn't make her better than her mates who graduated from OAU with a 2:1... Some of them may have done same if they had the opportunity ...Alumni of OAU like myself will understand what I am saying smiley

Oga me , I too graduated from OAU but errmmm, this post is a bit over analytic and critical.

It is as if o Ja e lara je

It is true we don't have the full story of the history of the school etc etc...there may be tens of people like her but let us celebrate with those who celebrate... grin
Re: Lady Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike Graduates From UK With 5.0gp by billyG(m): 8:48am On Sep 12, 2017
iamstanc:

A Nigerian lady, Folafoluwa Oginni has made her family and Nigerians proud of her as she graduates with a perfect 5.0 GP from Heterfordshire University in the U.K. 

In 2012, Folafoluwa Oginni, emerged the best student in WAEC and later proceeded to study Law at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife.

However, She was forced to leave OAU in her sophomore year, with a CGPA of 4.53, due to the ASUU strike.

She went to the U.K to continue her studies at the University of Heterfordshire and she just became the university’s first Nigerian Valedictorian, after finishing as the overall best student with a perfect CGPA with a score of 360 out of 360.

See more pictures below;

http://www.luckynewsinfo.com/2017/09/nigerian-lady-who-left-nigeria-due-to.html?m=0
May sango axe fall on ASUU!
Re: Lady Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike Graduates From UK With 5.0gp by dhardline(m): 8:52am On Sep 12, 2017
dvee2:

She left during your hero GEJ regime when he cowardly sign an agreement with ASUU and failed to keep his promise. Buhari is fixing all that now

Yes I know he's fixing it with ASUU strike, Resident doctors strike, high pms cost, high food prices and not forgetting insecurity. Thanks for reminding me.
You can Keep supporting politicians because of the crumbs you get from them.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike Graduates From UK With 5.0gp by 4Play(m): 8:53am On Sep 12, 2017
buygala:

Don't be silly

I know of Faculty mates who left OAU with a 2:1 but went on to bag distinctions in their Masters at Harvard and Cambridge sad... Not to talk of the ones who grabbed their 1st class degree from OAU by the whiskers... 4.51... 4.57... but still bagged distinctions in Harvard or Cambridge

Point is... The Sadism and environment in Nigeria stifles most Nigerian intellectuals.... Take them to a country where things work and watch them blaze trails..

You are preaching to gullible ignoramuses. Yes, we should celebrate our high achievers but we shouldn't do so by indulging in exaggerated and dishonest narratives to generate internet traffic.

Grade inflation in the UK and the US makes first class/distinction scores more common place than is the case with Nigerian schools. We should stop claiming that Nigerians have broken academic records: does anyone wonder why these tales of record breaking only appear on Nigerian sites?

This is like the Emeagwali phenomenon: we take something that has an ounce of truth but spin it beyond recognition in the service of a bragfest.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike Graduates From UK With 5.0gp by luminouz(m): 8:53am On Sep 12, 2017
buygala:

With the right sponsorship and a little bit of luck, some 2:1 students from any of Nigeria's top 10 universities can pull that stunt in any backwater UK university undecided

And please drop all that stuff about her being best in WAEC... she is a brilliant girl no doubt... But how are we sure her ''miracle center" school had nothing to do with manipulating her results?

Just like her, I got admitted to study law as well in OAU.... And I graduated from the school as well.. . and having a CGPA of 4.53 in 1st year wasn't all that hard for students in the faculty because the courses taken then, apart from SSC102, were all out-of-faculty and pretty basic... La Cram La Pour sturvs... At the end of my 1st year in the faculty of law in OAU, my cgpa was 4.36...and I wasnt even among the top 30 in my class sad.....

Shitt started getting real in 200 level when we started taking majorly law courses... none of us made it out of the faculty with a 1st class..... And some of my class padis who had exceptionally high scores in JAMB and Post-Ume didn't exactly blaze any trails either...

Point is.. .. She is a brilliant girl who had the chance and resources to study abroad in some kinda lowball university.... If she had achieved this feat in one of the top 10 universities in the UK, then I will truly applaud her.. What she has achieved doesn't make her better than her mates who graduated from OAU with a 2:1... Some of them may have done same if they had the opportunity ...Alumni of OAU like myself will understand what I am saying smiley

Chronic jealousy wee kill u!!! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Lady Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike Graduates From UK With 5.0gp by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 12, 2017
Nigeria prepares you for that, got a first class outside the country, there's light,internet a library with books and even e-library and the best part as a student you had access to unlimited journals its hard not to pass, never had access to journals in my first Bsc in Nigeria , schools outsides the country are something then the almighty Turn-it-in you can bullsh.it lecturers but not turn it in , had to subscribe to plagtracker to gauge my plagiarism level, mehn reading like a mad man.
Re: Lady Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike Graduates From UK With 5.0gp by fm7070: 8:58am On Sep 12, 2017
Nigeria killing destiny like no other
Re: Lady Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike Graduates From UK With 5.0gp by chiraqDemon(m): 8:59am On Sep 12, 2017
buygala:

Bro all this essay nor still change the fact say she get 5.0. u get am?? No. So sit down

3 Likes

Re: Lady Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike Graduates From UK With 5.0gp by arena07: 9:01am On Sep 12, 2017
buygala:

shut up,you are not brilliant than this girl,no matter what you can't have that excellent result through miracle center.show us your O level result...ode

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike Graduates From UK With 5.0gp by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 12, 2017
buygala:

That we can't afford it doesn't make her necessarily smarter than myself and thousands of Nigerian 2:1 graduates out there. smiley

Don't give yourself hypertension. Your hating is justified. No one needs to see you to know how your life outside nairaland is

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike Graduates From UK With 5.0gp by arena07: 9:07am On Sep 12, 2017
geekybabe:

Nonsense. Its dis same crappy mentality that make u pple feel entitled to evrything in life.

Life is not meant to be difficult for u to prove your sucess. Education doesnt have to be hard and suffocating. I'm sure d worst uni in uk is way better than your stale OAU u keep shouting.

OAU old glory. The world is your competition. Not your low standard school. Stop being myopic.
God bless you for this comment even the best university in Nigerian which is university of Ibadan don't brag like how this OAU ppl shout on nairaland....

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike Graduates From UK With 5.0gp by Ashley86400: 9:08am On Sep 12, 2017
authe911:
Very promising young girl, I know her. Little Sister to a friend of mine
Is it Fiyinfoluwa?

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike Graduates From UK With 5.0gp by Gerrard59(m): 9:09am On Sep 12, 2017
And after suffering all these, someone will expect the lass to return to the country and "contribute her quota"? Nonsense and ingredients!!!

Congratulations to her. She did well. Hopefully, she won't return.
Re: Lady Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike Graduates From UK With 5.0gp by TheEminentLaity: 9:21am On Sep 12, 2017
Congratuations to her but no one in the UK knowledgeable in academics bats an eyelid on undergraduates achieving a first in a relatively young unknown university.

The UK is home of and schooled many of the greatest scientists, historians, philosophers, sociologists etc from Adam Smith, Newton, Darwin, to Hawkins.

She wouldn't be the best if she had attended Cambridge or a top-ranked university. A first class, probably, but breaking records in universities with history of some of these scholarly giants, she better be something special.

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike Graduates From UK With 5.0gp by rocketsky11: 9:26am On Sep 12, 2017
Why are all this wife of life material leaving Nigeria. Which girls will now be left to marry? Runz babes? She can still get a great Nigerian guy from there on LostRib.com though. Lots of foreign and local based Nigerians online for marriage on LostRib.com. Here's the link http://lostrib.com/?afmc=36v. Always a way to meet someone for a serious relationship.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike Graduates From UK With 5.0gp by Josephjnr(m): 9:27am On Sep 12, 2017
bionixs:
and most of those who can't run away because they can't afford it or private universities are busy criticizing it. Nigeria is a funny place indeed. what they can't do or afford, they speak against

Maybe it's kind of defense mechanism to make them feel right in the educational decisions they have made.
Re: Lady Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike Graduates From UK With 5.0gp by bionixs: 9:41am On Sep 12, 2017
buygala:

I don't understand
Re: Lady Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike Graduates From UK With 5.0gp by luckynewsinfo: 9:42am On Sep 12, 2017
iamstanc:

A Nigerian lady, Folafoluwa Oginni has made her family and Nigerians proud of her as she graduates with a perfect 5.0 GP from Heterfordshire University in the U.K. 

In 2012, Folafoluwa Oginni, emerged the best student in WAEC and later proceeded to study Law at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife.

Congratulations

However, She was forced to leave OAU in her sophomore year, with a CGPA of 4.53, due to the ASUU strike.

She went to the U.K to continue her studies at the University of Heterfordshire and she just became the university’s first Nigerian Valedictorian, after finishing as the overall best student with a perfect CGPA with a score of 360 out of 360.

See more pictures below;

http://www.luckynewsinfo.com/2017/09/nigerian-lady-who-left-nigeria-due-to.html?m=0
Re: Lady Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike Graduates From UK With 5.0gp by bionixs: 9:42am On Sep 12, 2017
Josephjnr:

Maybe it's kind of defense mechanism to make them feel right in the educational decisions they have made.
yes

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike Graduates From UK With 5.0gp by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 12, 2017
buygala:

Brother....as much as I understand that the Nigerian studying conditions is far worse and less standard than a UK institution...making me appreciate a first class Nigerian graduate any day.. I still have to say that ur post reeks of :
1) Ranting
2) Jealousy
3)Lamentations[b][/b]
4)making fallacy impaired statement, by saying the lady graduated from a low ball UK university
Just to add, u appear like someone that blame pple or existing conditions for their situation or reason for coming short. Like it or not, u did ur best or maybe u ddnt even give ur best...the real fact is ..ur best wasn't enough
Sincere apologies if u feel offended, but what is the relationship between a lady bagging an impressive CGPA from a UK institution with probably better ratings than any Nigerian university..and ur choice of course, ur inability to sustain ur first class GPA all thru ur college journey,
u now added what is called the[b] "mass condition satisfying feeling"
[/b], a lame attempt to shows off ur 2.1 substandard CGPA and at the same time indirectly make us feel it's the best class of grade(2:1) for ur set since u ddnt fail to mention no one had a first class..

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike Graduates From UK With 5.0gp by claremont(m): 9:46am On Sep 12, 2017
buygala:

Today, this young lady has achieved a First class degree in a decent university located in an advanced democracy. The best you have ever achieved with your disparaging and disjointed remarks is a few 'likes' on a site with a reputation for stoking embers of tribal hate. The hate in you is so deep that you had time to type a badly-written essay in order to debunk the remarkable achievements of a lady who is still probably young enough to be your daughter.

Go deal with your deep-seated issues elsewhere, this successful young lady isn't the cause of your frustration. You can blame it all on Buhari, or whatever else corrupt-minded folks living in Nigeria blame for their failure in life.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike Graduates From UK With 5.0gp by 400billionman: 9:46am On Sep 12, 2017
Take me to a desert, I will convert it to a well watered garden.
If you succeed in Nigeria, you will do better elsewhere..
Re: Lady Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike Graduates From UK With 5.0gp by IdeyFindWife: 9:55am On Sep 12, 2017
buygala:

And in which century was that your own OAU odyssey?

Abeg, raining on that poor young girl's parade to diminish whatever genuine effort she made genuinely in her academics is outright unbecoming. So, she sat for exams and earned the Honours against monkeys or British illiterates? Av been reading the trends on this forum and it's hilariously satirical to me as an NDelta firstSon.

Even on the tribal level, I now understand why you ofonjas always come out trashed black&blue on those tiresome tribal-diss tirade threads.

You wanna know why? Check (https://www.nairaland.com/4047890/beauty-brain-see-overall-best), the other thread on FP with the 5.0 CGPA girl from Unijos o....you won't see any other tribal kins running their mouth! They praise progress and identify with it? But many of you lot earned backstabbing-Judas appellation that Igbos call you all! Your capacity for hate is alarming, hypocrisy and the fact that you can hand it out so casually at roof-top, "lousy-decibels" levels calls for the hangman!

And where did you see it written that she went to a WAEC "miracle-center"? Downright sissy-like gossiping like a regretful, grumpy, old tattle-tale witchy-witchy granny!

Anyway, chop-chop...those galas won't sell themselves, so off you go, and do see a shrink on your way out because you gat issues, man, big head-case issues undecided embarassed! See ur life below:

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike Graduates From UK With 5.0gp by okito: 9:55am On Sep 12, 2017
I have always disagreed with people when they cast aspersions at education in Nigeria. While I acknowledge the obvious deficiencies due to poor government funding and generally poor economic standard, education in Nigeria is not totally bad. Some of the issues I see are;

1. The new lecturers we have in the last 20 years,most of them are in the profession not because they are passionate about imparting knowledge but because they could not get the kind of jobs they want in oil and gas, banking etc therefore resort to lecturing. Hence their priority is the salary NOT the students.

2. Poor funding: Lecturers are not well remunerated and like everyone else, they have responsibilities. The consequence is that they are forced to seek additional means of income at the expense of imparting knowledge. Who suffers? The students.

3. Further to 2 above, inadequate infrastructures also hinder knowledge transfer

However despite all these and other factors not mentioned, Nigerian students will always excel especially out there because here we study and understand things even with little or no aids, books, facilities etc. We learn and still understand in abstract! Thats why when we go abroad where you have facilities, learning aids, passionate lecturers...everything, an average 2.2 student in Nigeria will easily make 1st class and I have very many cases of such whom I know personally.

What this suggests to me is that if education in Nigeria is as terrible as being made to look, those students who go out there and excel would not have had a good foundation to build on. These days with the help of internet, we have almost the same information as available to other students in the Western world so the gap is getting bridged in that area.
Re: Lady Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike Graduates From UK With 5.0gp by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 12, 2017
geekybabe:

Nonsense. Its dis same crappy mentality that make u pple feel entitled to evrything in life.

Life is not meant to be difficult for u to prove your sucess. Education doesnt have to be hard and suffocating. I'm sure d worst uni in uk is way better than your stale OAU u keep shouting.

OAU old glory. The world is your competition. Not your low standard school. Stop being myopic.

U will not marry another person's husband...I would have credited you for this post but I don't give strangers money anymore grin
And I like the fact that u ddnt have to say much to make the whole 10,000yards sense...
How can someone achieve the highest grade in the conditions of a University educational system and pple will just roll in making it look like it's no big deal because its not in their poor, underdeveloped, country and school where the conditions isn't even worth rating in the world in the first place..

2 Likes

Re: Lady Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike Graduates From UK With 5.0gp by guiddoti: 10:02am On Sep 12, 2017
buygala:

Dude, you are a typical Nigerian graduate..
I will leave you with world ranking with your school and hers. I don't understand why Nigerian like you don't appreciate peoples achievement but rather writing long episode of hate story.

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike Graduates From UK With 5.0gp by dvee2: 10:16am On Sep 12, 2017
mk125:
I'm not surprise cos Nigerians studying abroad are always best brain despite the negative signals our leaders are sending to the international community

We as citizens also have our problems. If the government decides to increase fees a bit now, we will go on strike and demonstrations.
Taking this girl as an eg. When she was in OAU, she may not be paying more than 100k total per term, but in the foreign university she graduated from now, I can authoritatively say she must be paying over 2 million naira per term. Herein lies most of the problem
Re: Lady Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike Graduates From UK With 5.0gp by slinkman(m): 10:17am On Sep 12, 2017
buygala:

these are just rants .. with her best result she would easily be retained in the U.K and given a good paying job, she can seek to easily move to the U.S or Canada and get a very good job that would be 10 times more profitable than the best job Nigeria would even offer its 1st class graduate.. no matter how you put it , schooling in a 1st world or second world country is always more better and recognized than schooling in a 3rd world country .

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike Graduates From UK With 5.0gp by LordIsaac(m): 10:20am On Sep 12, 2017
rocketsky11:
Why are all this wife of life material leaving Nigeria. Which girls will now be left to marry? Runz babes? She can still get a great Nigerian guy from there on LostRib.com though. Lots of foreign and local based Nigerians online for marriage on LostRib.com. Here's the link http://lostrib.com/?afmc=36v. Always a way to meet someone for a serious relationship.
Ɓen Ɓruce churns out a lot of cucumber wives yearlƴ, taƙe ƴour pick anɗ manage them. cheesy
Re: Lady Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike Graduates From UK With 5.0gp by dipotol: 10:54am On Sep 12, 2017
I celebrate your success cos I want to be successful also... Congratulations dear.
Re: Lady Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike Graduates From UK With 5.0gp by MsNelly: 10:58am On Sep 12, 2017
buygala:

Insecurity in so many words.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

24-year-old Beauty Queen Obiamaka Enweluzor Sends Twin Orphans Back To School / Four UNILAG Students Jailed For Cult Activities / Unizik Demotes Randy Lecturers Over Sexual Harassment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.