Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,113 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes (20334 Views)

Naira Falls At Parallel Market, Appreciates In Official Window / Naira Falls To All-time Low Of 527 Naira To A Dollar / Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 12, 2017
abescom:
If won't mind honest. It may sound selfish as I earn in dollars but would ordinarily have wanted it to crash but of what significant effect does a crash have on prices of commodities?

The stupiid marketers have till date refused to reduce the prices of commodities that jacked up when the naira was circa 500 to a dollar. My $1000 that was worth 500k has reduced to just 365k but I still buy stuffs at the price I was buying when it was 500k.

kindly put me through how i can earn even 200-300$ monthly like you please
Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by hucienda: 7:40am On Sep 12, 2017
Election? When these ones in 2017 neva do anytin?
Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by guru90: 7:42am On Sep 12, 2017
When will this Country stop enriching Usa and other dollars country.

Our Naira keep on falling...

I remembered wen dollar was at the rate of 160......

wen will they take it back to that rate.......

smh for this country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by abescom: 7:42am On Sep 12, 2017
hardwerk:
kindly put me through how i can earn even 200-300$ monthly like you please
I get request like this constant and I feel guilty that procrastination won't let me teach what I know.

But follow me back, constant get into my mention for the next 3 weeks, I will write a detailed ebook. For guys like you and those in my church and will be 100% free.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 12, 2017
Best time to come naija
Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by martineverest(m): 7:46am On Sep 12, 2017
Click bait journalism.

Editors with no proper research

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by Nobody: 7:46am On Sep 12, 2017
i thank you lord, for hearing my prayer, baba God i want more increasing grin

more increasing more money for the acc

who else thinking what am thinking

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by emmy4lov(m): 7:51am On Sep 12, 2017
Why didn't naira fall during last year's elections. . You guys are just talking bullshit..

Simply say APC is an incompetent government for presidency instead of all this talk ..

Don't forget APC promised Nigeria 1dollar - 1 naira
Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by emmy4lov(m): 7:51am On Sep 12, 2017
Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by crackhouse(m): 7:57am On Sep 12, 2017
dheespectre:
Waoh!!

Meanwhile, 1.2kva inverter for sale.
Can carry all your basic household equipments.

N20000 only
Lagos

0811-9387235
it's ok
Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by colossus91(m): 7:57am On Sep 12, 2017
every election period has been a hit for me back to back pls bring home the bsgs!!!grin
Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by iamchybs(m): 7:59am On Sep 12, 2017
maximunimpact:
The naira is yet to recover from the damage done to it in 2015, that was when "dollarisation of the economy" happened. Politicians were practically using the dollar for virtually anything - during the national and even state conventions of both PDP and APC, most delegates were bribed with as much as 5k dollars each. Then i was working in a bank, i saw things. Depositors literally queued with dollars and other hard currencies, it was a amazing seeing back then more transactions done with hard currencies.

If you notice, the naira got into trouble shortly after 2015 polls. If this pattern continues, we may very well witness another onslaught on the naira.

You spoke my mind
Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by dvee2: 7:59am On Sep 12, 2017
I beg to disagree, Buhari will not open the CBN vault as Jonathan did. The little dollars would come from Atiku, but that won't cause a Major value change up to 400 naira. Beside the CBN governor is under instruction to pump dollars as at when required
Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by bigfather(m): 8:02am On Sep 12, 2017
dheespectre:
Waoh!!

N20000 only
Lagos

0811-9387235

Did you say 20k ?
Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by KingMicky3286: 8:03am On Sep 12, 2017
dheespectre:
Waoh!!

N20000 only
Lagos

0811-9387235

What do i need to use this inverter?
Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by bayulll011(m): 8:04am On Sep 12, 2017
ujuvals:

The Nigerian Naira is expected to trade closer to N400 per one dollar as election campaigns for the 2019 elections enter into full swing.

Already some presidential candidates are gesturing, and financial analysts says that could result in a negative trend in 2018.

Electioneering is expected to push up government spending in 2018 and the risk of the budget deficit being monetised will increase, which would be negative for the naira, according to the Lagos arm of Russian Investment Bank, Renaissance Capital.

The foreign exchange market analysts, however indicated the naira was currently undervalued.

“On 2 August, banks began to publish indicative prices based on trades at the NAFEX window, at the behest of the authorities. This led to the adjustment of the interbank FX rate to $1/N366, from $1/ N315 previously, and its convergence with the only market determined rate (outside the parallel market), the NAFEX rate.

“At today’s interbank rate of c. $1/N360, the naira is cheap; it is 14 per cent undervalued, according to this analyst’s 13-year real effective exchange rate model.

“We think a stronger external sector and tighter monetary policy imply naira appreciation risk in the near term, and as such, we revise our YE17 FX rate forecast to $1/N332 as against $1/N447 previously,” they posited.

They said the Naira would decline in 2018 based on macro economic realities.

“Looser monetary policy in 2018 implies a weaker Naira,” the analysts stated, adding that Godwin Emefiele, the central bank governor, had expressed a desire for policy easing in a mid-2017 monetary policy committee (MPC) statement, but thinks appropriate liquidity conditions should precede it.

They, therefore, forecast an FX rate of $1/N373 at year end 2018 (YE18).

“Our FX model predicts a rate of $1/N373 at YE18; assuming monetary policy becomes accommodative and little upside for the external sector. We think it is probable that instead of appreciating in the near term, the naira weakens gradually to $1/N373 at YE18, which would signal price stability
http://www.herald.ng/naira-to-fall-further-2018/

i told one of my colleague this week.

nigeria is an insane country,those politician are worst than the boko haram.

this country aint getting better with this crops of leaders.

God answer me pls,the earlier you leave the longer your live.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by bionixs: 8:04am On Sep 12, 2017
Capsule101:
I don't support dis motion it would not come to pass...we won't spend too much on d election we re not in Jonathan's regime dis is BUHARI
you need deliverance,spacial one

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by DBossNG(m): 8:05am On Sep 12, 2017
This country is just useless!!!
Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by bayelsaowei(m): 8:06am On Sep 12, 2017
Must we always suffer at the hands of our dumb politicians
Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by souk2492(m): 8:07am On Sep 12, 2017
I blamed team APC. I thought we have professors of economist and related deciplines that good to rekindle our economy. But there seems no body. Lack of concentration of this administration that leads to our present economy. I think we can still ameliorate the situation. Undervalue of the naira has caused this country to several escalations. My opinion into the situation is, president of the cbn should call on conference or townhall meeting only economic experts in the country. Plans and set goals will be out in order for him to correct this worst experience. If this administration cannot withstands the core problem of our nation what will they say to suit the masses in 2019 elections. And they see that one day nooks and krain will rise and things will fall apart.
Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by chloedogie(m): 8:07am On Sep 12, 2017
dvee2:
I beg to disagree, Buhari will not open the CBN vault as Jonathan did. The little dollars would come from Atiku, but that won't cause a Major value change up to 400 naira. Beside the CBN governor is under instruction to pump dollars as at when required

Ori e ti pe ju. You are an epitome of knowledge. People still think we are in the period of do as you like. Every single penny leaving the CBN is accounted for. So the only set of people that will spend the dollar for campaigns towards the elections are those that have it hidden since 2014/2015. It won't affect the dollar-naira rate a bit my man.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by palsenator(m): 8:11am On Sep 12, 2017
Capsule101:
I don't support dis motion it would not come to pass...we won't spend too much on d election we re not in Jonathan's regime dis is BUHARI
They are not talking about how much it will cost.. Elctioneering involves bribery, campaign cost etc. It is not a curse that the naira will slide, it is a fact.
Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 12, 2017
abescom:
I won't mind honest. It may sound selfish as I earn in dollars but would ordinarily have wanted it to crash but of what significant effect does a crash have on prices of commodities?

The stupiid marketers have till date refused to reduce the prices of commodities that jacked up when the naira was circa 500 to a dollar. My $1000 that was worth 500k has reduced to just 365k but I still buy stuffs at the price I was buying when it was 500k.

As a matter of fact, I want it @ 500/$.

Price of thing kuku no go down b4
Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by feldido(m): 8:13am On Sep 12, 2017
See why u need to change all ur money to Bitcoin?
Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by MrTechy(m): 8:14am On Sep 12, 2017
Not sounding greedy or what ever it's a welcome development for we bloggers.
Omo e for sure die chai
Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 12, 2017
Capsule101:

Bubu didn't even spend in the 2015 general elections, remember he borrowed for form n used his 150 cattles to do collateral...grin

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by Rick9(m): 8:22am On Sep 12, 2017
When it came down it had no impact on price of goods.
Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by akinalex(m): 8:39am On Sep 12, 2017
YelloweWest:
Buhari is working.

If buhari contests and wins the next election, that will be the final straw for me having hope in this country.

You better pack your load and go now because your prediction will come to pass
Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by talk2emma: 8:41am On Sep 12, 2017
I know it will be more than that.
Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by lastmessenger: 8:59am On Sep 12, 2017
YelloweWest:
Buhari is working.

If buhari contests and wins the next election, that will be the final straw for me having hope in this country.
hopefully before 2019 I will be outta here
Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by wildchild02: 9:00am On Sep 12, 2017
Again? Na wa oo

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get FREE CUSTOMIZATION, YES you heard me right FREE CUSTOMIZATION
Re: Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes by YelloweWest: 9:11am On Sep 12, 2017
akinalex:

You better pack your load and go now because your prediction will come to pass
Stale mate.

A walking corps cannot campaign.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Become Dstv Dealer,Distributor And Installer- By Fellow Nairalander! / No Limit On Naira Debit, Credit Cards Utilization On E-channels – CBN / OLX Nigeria: Only 40% Of Ads Are Legitimate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.