Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,989 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

Economics Vs Accounting,which One Is Better In Terms Of Employment Opportunities - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Economics Vs Accounting,which One Is Better In Terms Of Employment Opportunities (24887 Views)

Lost My Job Today, After Few Months Of Employment / National Directorate Of Employment (NDE) Nationwide Job Recruitment 2020/2021 / NNPC Commenced Issuence Of Provisional Offers Of Employment To 1050 GT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Economics Vs Accounting,which One Is Better In Terms Of Employment Opportunities by Nobody: 6:11am On Sep 12, 2017
Hello, fellow nairalanders,
Between Economics and Accounting,which one is better in terms of employment opportunities in Nigeria? Please lets share our views!!
Re: Economics Vs Accounting,which One Is Better In Terms Of Employment Opportunities by DivineKayy(m): 6:20am On Sep 12, 2017
wallace1:
Between Economics and Accounting,which one is better in terms of employment opportunities in Nigeria? Please lets share our views!!
Economics

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Economics Vs Accounting,which One Is Better In Terms Of Employment Opportunities by Nutase: 6:37am On Sep 12, 2017
In the 3rd world accounting but in developed economies economics.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Economics Vs Accounting,which One Is Better In Terms Of Employment Opportunities by Sezua(m): 6:54am On Sep 12, 2017
In the whole world-Accounting. All these people shouting Economics i just wonder what point you have to back it up. Every reasonable company has an accounting department, or at least something similar to that. Ministries, Agencies, Schools and even Churches have an accounting department. So I don't even understand what these people are talking about.
A lot of people who graduated as Economists still end up becoming accountants due to the opportunities accounting presents.
Only accountants can carry out tax related duties in a firm which means companies who remit taxes must or should have an accountant.
Only accountants can perform in the capacity of Internal and External Auditors.
I've not even mentioned the other accounts functions.
In all organization(these includes NGOs, agencies, Ministries(Which includes ministries dominated by economists) Money moves, and someone would have to report on the movement of money (and other related duties), that person is simply know as the accountant.

For those saying Economists can become accountants. Yes, i agree; but it does not happen overnight. There are exams to be written and passed. Besides, the comparisons was not between economist who turned to accountants and accountants.

137 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Economics Vs Accounting,which One Is Better In Terms Of Employment Opportunities by Nobody: 7:06am On Sep 12, 2017
Accounting considering the economy now.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Economics Vs Accounting,which One Is Better In Terms Of Employment Opportunities by holysainbj(m): 7:23am On Sep 12, 2017
Just read any of them my brother
Ibeto group will employ you,
The man is not even a graduate grin
Education...so overrated and overhyped

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Economics Vs Accounting,which One Is Better In Terms Of Employment Opportunities by emmybliz(m): 7:25am On Sep 12, 2017
economics, because an economist can also be an accountant, but an accountant cannot be an economist

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Economics Vs Accounting,which One Is Better In Terms Of Employment Opportunities by Virtualaccounts: 7:25am On Sep 12, 2017
Accounting - There's a lot you can do with an accounting degree and professional courses added, particularly for the Nigerian business environment.

Meanwhile...

Are you setting up a new business, in the process of incorporation or commenced operations already for any kind of small/medium sized business.

A team of smart VirtualAccountants offers bookkeeping, accounting, tax compliance and other advisory services to kick start your new business. We are keen on ensuring that a good business foundation is laid from the outset.

We can help you with the business registration & other statutory registration, set up of accounting and internal control system, payroll, business process advisory and employee contract management. ETC!

Please reach us on 08029753761, 08086108687 to start an engagement. www.VirtualAccountant.ng

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Economics Vs Accounting,which One Is Better In Terms Of Employment Opportunities by youngreva(m): 7:25am On Sep 12, 2017
I personally love economist

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Economics Vs Accounting,which One Is Better In Terms Of Employment Opportunities by Nobody: 7:25am On Sep 12, 2017
In fairly good economy, studying economics in school might be better, but the type of economy in Nigeria (since 1990 thereabout) accounting with necessary professional certification is much more better. Please note my emphasis on with accounting certification (aca, acca, cfa et al and of course not anan)

4 Likes

Re: Economics Vs Accounting,which One Is Better In Terms Of Employment Opportunities by memeguy: 7:26am On Sep 12, 2017
Don't be silly. Do you still think your undergraduate degree matters in getting a job? Get a first class and see the magic.

3 Likes

Re: Economics Vs Accounting,which One Is Better In Terms Of Employment Opportunities by naijaboy756: 7:26am On Sep 12, 2017
like comparing Buhari and Jonathan in terms of Hardship
Re: Economics Vs Accounting,which One Is Better In Terms Of Employment Opportunities by wunmi590(m): 7:26am On Sep 12, 2017
I have no knowledge about both, but i love noth courses.

1 Like

Re: Economics Vs Accounting,which One Is Better In Terms Of Employment Opportunities by dolphinife: 7:26am On Sep 12, 2017
Sezua:
In the whole world-Accounting. All these people shouting Economics i just wonder what point you have to back it up. Every reasonable company has an accounting department, or at least something similar to that. Ministries, Agencies, Schools and even Churches have an accounting department. So I don't even understand what these people are talking about.
A lot of people who graduated as Economists still end up becoming accountants.

Yeye

An economist can still work as an accountant

Can accountant work as an economist?? Very rare.....thats the diversity you have when you study economics.....Accountancy as a course is shallow.....while economics is broader

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Economics Vs Accounting,which One Is Better In Terms Of Employment Opportunities by Promxy94(m): 7:26am On Sep 12, 2017
In Nigerian and Africa
Accounting but outside the shores of the Blackman Continent its still Accounting... But Economics is respected.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Economics Vs Accounting,which One Is Better In Terms Of Employment Opportunities by Youngdream1: 7:26am On Sep 12, 2017
Who Economics help. Accounting all the way.

6 Likes

Re: Economics Vs Accounting,which One Is Better In Terms Of Employment Opportunities by seunny4lif(m): 7:27am On Sep 12, 2017
I will say Economics

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Economics Vs Accounting,which One Is Better In Terms Of Employment Opportunities by jhydebaba(m): 7:27am On Sep 12, 2017
Any of the above with connections is okay.

2 Likes

Re: Economics Vs Accounting,which One Is Better In Terms Of Employment Opportunities by DanielsParker(m): 7:27am On Sep 12, 2017
Re: Economics Vs Accounting,which One Is Better In Terms Of Employment Opportunities by mamadsquare: 7:27am On Sep 12, 2017
Accounting, corporate law mandate periodic audit of business organisation.

2 Likes

Re: Economics Vs Accounting,which One Is Better In Terms Of Employment Opportunities by Junior66(m): 7:27am On Sep 12, 2017
Sezua:
A lot of people who graduated as Economists still end up becoming accountants.
Every company also has a managerial department, human resource dept etc.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Economics Vs Accounting,which One Is Better In Terms Of Employment Opportunities by bimpeecrown(f): 7:28am On Sep 12, 2017
wallace1:

Accounting because every organization Or company needs the role of an accountant.
Re: Economics Vs Accounting,which One Is Better In Terms Of Employment Opportunities by Slayer2: 7:28am On Sep 12, 2017
Accounting is a a noble course, you will get a job anywhere in the world with an accounting certificate.

3 Likes

Re: Economics Vs Accounting,which One Is Better In Terms Of Employment Opportunities by 9japrof(m): 7:28am On Sep 12, 2017
cheesy grin
Re: Economics Vs Accounting,which One Is Better In Terms Of Employment Opportunities by Ramanto(m): 7:28am On Sep 12, 2017
This topic keeps coming up. They are both ok. Just graduate with a good grade in either, then hope on God for the best. I am an economics graduate myself

5 Likes

Re: Economics Vs Accounting,which One Is Better In Terms Of Employment Opportunities by Olasco93: 7:29am On Sep 12, 2017
Dear future wife, please I beg you with the name of God, study and be an Economist before you come into my life...

4 Likes

Re: Economics Vs Accounting,which One Is Better In Terms Of Employment Opportunities by yaqq: 7:30am On Sep 12, 2017
Accounting! u will be employable almost everywhere! the motive for every organisation, company, industry, government agencies is to make profit! an accountant make all ds possible! In fact accounting is way better than engineering in Nigeria

8 Likes

Re: Economics Vs Accounting,which One Is Better In Terms Of Employment Opportunities by benosky(m): 7:30am On Sep 12, 2017
Hmm
Re: Economics Vs Accounting,which One Is Better In Terms Of Employment Opportunities by YelloweWest: 7:32am On Sep 12, 2017
Accounting any day.

1 Like

Re: Economics Vs Accounting,which One Is Better In Terms Of Employment Opportunities by Icon4s(m): 7:36am On Sep 12, 2017
What are more important here are:

Class of Grade you graduate with. A sociology graduate with 2.1 has a better job prospect than an accounting or Economics graduate with a 2:2.

How you apply yourself after school. Even with a 2.1 if you don't prepare yourself well enough for the job market you are not likely to get that dream job.

Diversity: How well can you adapt into various situations? Are you ready to dabble into any kind of field keeping aside what you studied in school? People who have a more open mindset do better here.

Finally, The Grace of God. Study anything you want you need the Grace of God to get that job.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Waec Interview? / Nigerian College Of Aviation Technology, Vacancies For Unit (engineers) / Tenaris Global Trainee Program TESA - Nigeria (58222)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.