Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

I'm A Natural Hair Blogger, If U Have Any Questions About Natural Hair, Ask Me - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / I'm A Natural Hair Blogger, If U Have Any Questions About Natural Hair, Ask Me (8382 Views)

A Natural Fat Burning Food / How To Make Your Skin And Hair Amazingly Beautiful Using A Natural Oil / I'm A Natural Hair Blogger, If U Have Any Questions About Natural Hair, Ask Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm A Natural Hair Blogger, If U Have Any Questions About Natural Hair, Ask Me by MrCork: 6:21pm On Sep 14, 2017
funmisticqueen:
normally i am transitioning and i usually fix weavon and lose it out a month after, my question is
1. how do you take care of natural hair under the weavon during this period? if the weather is hot the hair becomes dry and when losing it out , the dandruff will be oit of this world, if it rains, it becomes smelly and starts to itch.

2. How do i prevent breakage because by the time i lose.my hair and comb it out, a chunk has gone, after washing a quarter of my hair is in the sink. What can i do for the dandruff and breakage? I have tried a lot of products store bought and homemade.

...so u are u looookin for hair dressssa work on nairaland?...u dint gotto shcool? ((Shake My Head)) undecided
Re: I'm A Natural Hair Blogger, If U Have Any Questions About Natural Hair, Ask Me by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 14, 2017
Dear, I'm sure you've heard about natural curl patterns. In case you haven't, it simply refers to the shape of each individual stand of hair follicle and it ranges from wavy to curly and then kinky hair. The chart below explains it better. Type 2 hair is wavy, type 3 hair is curly while type 4 hair is kinky.
Many Nigerians fall into the category of 4c hair, being the kinkiest and most tightly curled of all hair types. Now, it is not possible for one to change their curl pattern because it's in the DNA. You can not also Loosen your curl pattern.
The good news is, you also have tiny little curls that can also pop! 4c hair doesn't retain moisture well and is very prone to frizz and dryness that's why the curls are hardly visible but with enough hydration and conditioning, you can make your little curls to pop. Eco styler alone will not do the trick. You can also check out videos on YouTube of 4c natural hair enthusiasts who have found ways of manipulating their curls.
teacherbim:
I want my natural hair to be soft and curly,I bought ECO gel for curls but didn't work,pls help me out,my friends say I should try Jerry curls but I do not want to apply chemical on my hair,thanks

2 Likes

Re: I'm A Natural Hair Blogger, If U Have Any Questions About Natural Hair, Ask Me by AuroraB(f): 7:44pm On Sep 14, 2017
cry Why is this so much of a task cry
I'm on it (transitioning) 3months on
Where can I get the Cantu leave-in Conditioner and Castor Oil embarassed
Re: I'm A Natural Hair Blogger, If U Have Any Questions About Natural Hair, Ask Me by Fabulousb36(f): 7:49pm On Sep 14, 2017
LadyGoddiva:
Dear, I'm sure you've heard about natural curl patterns. In case you haven't, it simply refers to the shape of each individual stand of hair follicle and it ranges from wavy to curly and then kinky hair. The chart below explains it better. Type 2 hair is wavy, type 3 hair is curly while type 4 hair is kinky.
Many Nigerians fall into the category of 4c hair, being the kinkiest and most tightly curled of all hair types. Now, it is not possible for one to change their curl pattern because it's in the DNA. You can not also Loosen your curl pattern.
The good news is, you also have tiny little curls that can also pop! 4c hair doesn't retain moisture well and is very prone to frizz and dryness that's why the curls are hardly visible but with enough hydration and conditioning, you can make your little curls to pop. Eco styler alone will not do the trick. You can also check out videos on YouTube of 4c natural hair enthusiasts who have found ways of manipulating their curls.
Thanks dear... may we see your lovely hair?
Re: I'm A Natural Hair Blogger, If U Have Any Questions About Natural Hair, Ask Me by MrCork: 8:44pm On Sep 14, 2017
LadyGoddiva:

^^°°story.

..anyways since u need Moiney and I promise to help u..sheck this out baaaby cozz it's Yor shance to get me...don't worry,I will post u the £25 I promise..

https://www.nairaland.com/2383740/revealed-true-love-life-sweet

wink
Re: I'm A Natural Hair Blogger, If U Have Any Questions About Natural Hair, Ask Me by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 14, 2017
Please don't derail this thread or I'll call the mods on you
MrCork:

^^°°story.

..anyways since u need Moiney and I promise to help u..sheck this out baaaby cozz it's Yor shance to get me...don't worry,I will post u the £25 I promise..

https://www.nairaland.com/2383740/revealed-true-love-life-sweet

wink
Re: I'm A Natural Hair Blogger, If U Have Any Questions About Natural Hair, Ask Me by MrCork: 8:50pm On Sep 14, 2017
LadyGoddiva:
Please don't derail this thread or I'll call the mods on you

...u say u wanna see my range..I show u my range..wot do u want from me?..plis stop stressing me.u will never get my Moiney!!! undecided
Re: I'm A Natural Hair Blogger, If U Have Any Questions About Natural Hair, Ask Me by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 14, 2017
MrCork:

...so u are u looookin for hair dressssa work on nairaland?...u dint gotto shcool? ((Shake My Head)) undecided
shut up if you have nothing to do, why are you on this thread anyway
Re: I'm A Natural Hair Blogger, If U Have Any Questions About Natural Hair, Ask Me by menstrualpad: 8:52pm On Sep 14, 2017
funmisticqueen:
Why can't he be on the thread?

1 Like

Re: I'm A Natural Hair Blogger, If U Have Any Questions About Natural Hair, Ask Me by MrCork: 9:10pm On Sep 14, 2017
funmisticqueen:

...I was going to contribute b 4 I saw yorr rubbbbbish response...so u tink u can come to nairaland to find job has hair dressssa..abi?..don't u hav education to be doctor or sometinn?(Shame on u) undecided

1 Like

Re: I'm A Natural Hair Blogger, If U Have Any Questions About Natural Hair, Ask Me by MrCork: 9:12pm On Sep 14, 2017
funmisticqueen:

..when we expose u black women like LadyGoddiva as gold digger then u start getting Aggressive n cuss people...u not a lady ) Shame)
embarassed
Re: I'm A Natural Hair Blogger, If U Have Any Questions About Natural Hair, Ask Me by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 14, 2017
MrCork:

...I was going to contribute b 4 I saw yorr rubbbbbish response...so u tink u can come to nairaland to find job has hair dressssa..abi?..don't u hav education to be doctor or sometinn?(Shame on u) undecided

really, i asked the op some questions and you said i came to look for hairdresser work, if you wanted to contribute then do so. i don't know about you but I take my hair seriously and i do not appreciate your poor attempt of a joke, it made me angry. not everything is play. thank you.
Re: I'm A Natural Hair Blogger, If U Have Any Questions About Natural Hair, Ask Me by menstrualpad: 9:22pm On Sep 14, 2017
funmisticqueen:

really, i asked the op some questions and you said i came to look for hairdresser work, if you wanted to contribute then do so. i don't know about you but I take my hair seriously and i do not appreciate your poor attempt of a joke, it made me angry. not everything is play. thank you.
You take him too seriously
Re: I'm A Natural Hair Blogger, If U Have Any Questions About Natural Hair, Ask Me by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 14, 2017
menstrualpad:
Why can't he be on the thread?
i wasnt talking to you last i remember
Re: I'm A Natural Hair Blogger, If U Have Any Questions About Natural Hair, Ask Me by menstrualpad: 9:24pm On Sep 14, 2017
funmisticqueen:
i wasnt talking to you last i remember
You need more than hair

1 Like

Re: I'm A Natural Hair Blogger, If U Have Any Questions About Natural Hair, Ask Me by Nobody: 9:43pm On Sep 14, 2017
menstrualpad:

You need more than hair
and you need to get a life you used tampon
Re: I'm A Natural Hair Blogger, If U Have Any Questions About Natural Hair, Ask Me by menstrualpad: 9:48pm On Sep 14, 2017
funmisticqueen:
and you need to get a life you used tampon
Go grow some hair and a pair on the washboard you call chest before you even begin to think you can come near me with your fakeass knowledge of nothing, you illiterate shiit-cake seed of an unemployed diseased slob and the local mangy ho.

I am not mrcork. I hold no prisoners
Re: I'm A Natural Hair Blogger, If U Have Any Questions About Natural Hair, Ask Me by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 14, 2017
menstrualpad:

Go grow some hair and a pair on the washboard you call chest before you even begin to think you can come near me with your fakeass knowledge of nothing, you illiterate shiit-cake seed of an unemployed diseased slob and the local mangy ho.

I am not mrcork. I hold no prisoners
you are definitely not MrCork, girls menstruate on you every month and you are easy prey to ritualists, no wonder you have PMS. i would be bitchy and hormonal too if i were in yoyr shoes. i truly pity you cos even a vagina uses and dumps you.

3 Likes

Re: I'm A Natural Hair Blogger, If U Have Any Questions About Natural Hair, Ask Me by menstrualpad: 10:22pm On Sep 14, 2017
funmisticqueen:
you are definitely not MrCork, girls menstruate on you every month and you are easy prey to ritualists, no wonder you have PMS. i would be bitchy and hormonal too if i were in yoyr shoes. i truly pity you cos even a vagina uses and dumps you.
Yet your pop eats his sandwich with a used menstrualpad cheesy
Piss on your bald head.. cheesy
Re: I'm A Natural Hair Blogger, If U Have Any Questions About Natural Hair, Ask Me by Nobody: 10:55pm On Sep 14, 2017
menstrualpad:

Yet your pop eats his sandwich with a used menstrualpad cheesy
Piss on your bald head.. cheesy
so uncouth, you bring someone’s parents in this, i am tempted but I will remain civilized and not go down to your level, keep getting dumped by vaginas okay
Re: I'm A Natural Hair Blogger, If U Have Any Questions About Natural Hair, Ask Me by SmartchoiceNGR: 11:40pm On Sep 14, 2017
funmisticqueen:
so uncouth, you bring someone’s parents in this, i am tempted but I will remain civilized and not go down to your level, keep getting dumped by vaginas okay

is it true you are goin bald?

1 Like

Re: I'm A Natural Hair Blogger, If U Have Any Questions About Natural Hair, Ask Me by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 15, 2017
SmartchoiceNGR:

is it true you are goin bald?
nope, that my hair has a mind of it own doesnt mean it is falling off my head
Re: I'm A Natural Hair Blogger, If U Have Any Questions About Natural Hair, Ask Me by Fabulousb36(f): 10:12am On Sep 15, 2017
Ladies, pls let's try and ignore Mrcork and his frnds if u have been on Nairaland long enough ud know that this is what they do for fun. Try not to take them seriously. We have more important things to discuss and learn.
Re: I'm A Natural Hair Blogger, If U Have Any Questions About Natural Hair, Ask Me by Fabulousb36(f): 11:05am On Sep 15, 2017
funmisticqueen:
normally i am transitioning and i usually fix weavon and lose it out a month after, my question is
1. how do you take care of natural hair under the weavon during this period? if the weather is hot the hair becomes dry and when losing it out , the dandruff will be oit of this world, if it rains, it becomes smelly and starts to itch.

2. How do i prevent breakage because by the time i lose.my hair and comb it out, a chunk has gone, after washing a quarter of my hair is in the sink. What can i do for the dandruff and breakage? I have tried a lot of products store bought and homemade.
Well you can't exactly take care of your hair when u have a weavon on. its called a protective style to help give u hair a break, keep your hands off your hair and help your hair grow. But you can care for your hair in between styles like after one month of having the weavon on, u can use the next 1 or 2 week to treat and rock your FRO after which fix it again.
On hair breakage, try to be more careful who makes and loosen your hair. Don't put much stress on your edges.
When you loosen your hair, detangle each cornrow individually and carefully using ur fingers before u comb using a big tooth comb.
Before you shampoo your hair be sure to pre-poo. this will make your hair really soft and prevent breakage. For pre-pooing I use put 10%leave-in conditioner, 10% mayonnaise, 10% honey, 10% avacado and 60% oils (coconut oil, castor oil, hair wonder oil and mostly olive oil). Apply down to your scalp and cover using shower cap or nylon. allow for 1-2hrs then wash your hair.
p.s sorry for the insults, Mrcork is just a troublemaker.

1 Like

Re: I'm A Natural Hair Blogger, If U Have Any Questions About Natural Hair, Ask Me by menstrualpad: 11:13am On Sep 15, 2017
Fabulousb36:
Ladies, pls let's try and ignore Mrcork and his frnds if u have been on Nairaland long enough ud know that this is what they do for fun. Try not to take them seriously. We have more important things to discuss and learn.
Is that you on your DP?
Re: I'm A Natural Hair Blogger, If U Have Any Questions About Natural Hair, Ask Me by menstrualpad: 11:16am On Sep 15, 2017
funmisticqueen:
No offeinse but...

Re: I'm A Natural Hair Blogger, If U Have Any Questions About Natural Hair, Ask Me by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 15, 2017
menstrualpad:
No offeinse but...
smh
Re: I'm A Natural Hair Blogger, If U Have Any Questions About Natural Hair, Ask Me by MrCork: 11:49am On Sep 15, 2017
Fabulousb36:

Thanks dear... may we see your lovely hair?

^°°° kaiiii...see lightskin babe... ermm sweeery .did I mention I drive £28,000(cash) range rover spot and I will buy u plenty hairs! ((Real talk)) cheesy
Re: I'm A Natural Hair Blogger, If U Have Any Questions About Natural Hair, Ask Me by menstrualpad: 11:53am On Sep 15, 2017
funmisticqueen:
smh
Haa this is...ermm
Peradventure mrcork decides to spend money on you... Take this tip list... Just an act of humanitarianism.

3 Likes

Re: I'm A Natural Hair Blogger, If U Have Any Questions About Natural Hair, Ask Me by Queening(f): 6:18am On Sep 16, 2017
Fabulousb36 Good morning u hv nt answered my question
Re: I'm A Natural Hair Blogger, If U Have Any Questions About Natural Hair, Ask Me by menstrualpad: 7:21am On Sep 16, 2017
funmisticqueen:
Tell me the truth... I will still pay the full bride price...you know you're more than your hairline or hair quantity?
Re: I'm A Natural Hair Blogger, If U Have Any Questions About Natural Hair, Ask Me by Fabulousb36(f): 7:49am On Sep 16, 2017
Queening:
Thanks for this,but the thing is my hair has alwats been like this.I hv cut it severally but it is still d same result.Then again if i stop using relaxers will it turn back hair,how will i maintain it and make it soft and curly too.Thanks
Trim your hair down and go natural (stop using relaxer) that's the best your can do for your hair. To make your hair soft use cantu leave in conditioner, original coconut oil, original sheabutter, castor oil and hair wonder oil. Read through this thread to see how to maintain or hair.
To make your hair curly u can do a twist out or Bantu knots ( check YouTube to see procedure)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

African And Nigerian Wedding Outfit For Men / / Asantee Papaya Soap Vs Fair And White So White Soap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.