Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,624 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

Buhari Commissions $150M Integrated Feed Mill Poultry In Kaduna - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Commissions $150M Integrated Feed Mill Poultry In Kaduna (25721 Views)

COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund / President Buhari Commissions OLAM Feed Mill In Kaduna (Photos) / Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Commissions $150M Integrated Feed Mill Poultry In Kaduna by Obas101(m): 2:19pm On Sep 12, 2017
the poultry feed mill is privately owned by olam Nigeria limited.
Re: Buhari Commissions $150M Integrated Feed Mill Poultry In Kaduna by chrischukszy01(m): 2:19pm On Sep 12, 2017
NOC1:
when you talk about vision and direction in governance i give it to Kaduna and kebbi state governors, those guys are thinking outside the box preparing their people for the future.
tomorrow you will see my southeast people shouting up and down, forgetting that when there Governors where sleeping there counterparts where busy working.
. Truth be told el_rufai is really trying, just take a tour to #zaria u will see how d small man is busy laying down pipe for pipe borne water for his people... and one idiot some where will say all easterner should come back to their states when u didn't make any provision for them. Thunder fire Him and e family wey no even dey naija, #idiot!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Commissions $150M Integrated Feed Mill Poultry In Kaduna by JudasIsCucumber: 2:25pm On Sep 12, 2017
NOC1:
when you talk about vision and direction in governance i give it to Kaduna and kebbi state governors, those guys are thinking outside the box preparing their people for the future.
tomorrow you will see my southeast people shouting up and down, forgetting that when there Governors where sleeping there counterparts where busy working.

Ode anambra has more than this
http://politicsngr.com/2017/02/11/obiano-commissions-largest-poultry-south-east/
https://www.nairaland.com/3878646/mohaz-poultry-anambra-biggest-poultry

A whole president flew presidential jet to commission ordinary poultry and is even a private investment, shame on u and this govt
Re: Buhari Commissions $150M Integrated Feed Mill Poultry In Kaduna by Siddeek: 2:28pm On Sep 12, 2017
lonecatt:

tribalistic soul,give them biafra first and see how great they will become,you cant compare to an average igbo man let alone the igbo nation,it is a fact.
Who will give them the Biafra? Are they slaves? If not,why are they waiting for some people to give them freedom.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Commissions $150M Integrated Feed Mill Poultry In Kaduna by emmasege: 2:31pm On Sep 12, 2017
Can someone please tell me if this president has ever commissioned any project or officially visited Southern Nigeria since he assumed office?
Re: Buhari Commissions $150M Integrated Feed Mill Poultry In Kaduna by semyman: 2:33pm On Sep 12, 2017
Ekasco1:
sorry where is the president there commissioning cos I watched the event live on channel and the president wasn't there
Doubting Thomas, your wish is not coming through soon, he is too expensive for you to see anyhow and every now.
Re: Buhari Commissions $150M Integrated Feed Mill Poultry In Kaduna by Oblang(m): 2:37pm On Sep 12, 2017
SalamRushdie:
The visionless Buhari hasn't achieved anything so is now forced to be claiming and commissioning 100 percent private initiatives as gains of his govt , if I look well I will see that this project must even have been conceived during Jonathan's govt

U accuse buhari of claiming and commissioning private initiative and again saying it must have been conceived during Jonathan. Was it govt project during Jonathan's govt?
Re: Buhari Commissions $150M Integrated Feed Mill Poultry In Kaduna by greatman247(m): 2:44pm On Sep 12, 2017
Sebastine1994:
Fake news. I dont believe it. Show pictures or I will kill myself

Better kill yourself

1 Like

Re: Buhari Commissions $150M Integrated Feed Mill Poultry In Kaduna by galaxy2020(m): 2:44pm On Sep 12, 2017
Pls let us see pictures....kebbi showed us pictures and visuals.
Re: Buhari Commissions $150M Integrated Feed Mill Poultry In Kaduna by LoveThemChubby(m): 2:45pm On Sep 12, 2017
Narldon:
Everything is in the NORTH!
Sorry is your name. Lazy bones! couldn't even read a less than 20 lines article. Didn't you read that it was built by a private company? Must you tribalize and regionalize everything? sorry for you

1 Like

Re: Buhari Commissions $150M Integrated Feed Mill Poultry In Kaduna by mmsen: 2:47pm On Sep 12, 2017
NOC1:

What 'vision' are you talking about?

This is the kind of thing that people in Kaduna have been doing for ages, especially Kaduna south. The reason they struggle to expand to this scale is (a) lack of finance and (b) insecurity.

If this governor had any 'vision' he wouldn't reward murdering herdsmen but would rather ensure that those who have toiling in Kaduna for years received the support that they need to protect their investments and to grow.
Re: Buhari Commissions $150M Integrated Feed Mill Poultry In Kaduna by Masculity(m): 2:50pm On Sep 12, 2017
veraponpo:

Which investor will come to the East when he is not sure if you will soon be merged with Cameroon or remain in Nigeria.

Peace and visionary thinking is the answer.

Haba must you finish him like that. Lol
Re: Buhari Commissions $150M Integrated Feed Mill Poultry In Kaduna by Usernamefornl: 2:50pm On Sep 12, 2017
lonecatt:

tribalistic soul,give them biafra first and see how great they will become,you cant compare to an average igbo man let alone the igbo nation,it is a fact.
so they have to 'gv dem biafra' b4 they do somtin 4 demsef? Mumu talk.
Re: Buhari Commissions $150M Integrated Feed Mill Poultry In Kaduna by Usernamefornl: 2:52pm On Sep 12, 2017
sirwealth:
No federal government establishment in south east apart from the recent

militry deployment.... Ok oo

this is nt a fed. Govt. Project mumu.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Commissions $150M Integrated Feed Mill Poultry In Kaduna by koladebrainiac(m): 2:54pm On Sep 12, 2017
tHE SOUTH EAST WILL RATHER CRY MARGINALIZATION AND WILL NEVER ASK THEIR GOVERNORS WHAT THEY HAVE BEEN DONG WITH THE MONEY THEY RA E COLLECTING FROM FG.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Commissions $150M Integrated Feed Mill Poultry In Kaduna by deomelo: 3:01pm On Sep 12, 2017
Kaduna Olam: The Making of a $150M Poultry & Hatchery in the Sub-Saharan Region

Work in progress: Total investments in animal feed manufacturing, poultry breeding and hatchery in Nigeria amount to US$150.0 million in Kaduna and Kwara States.Olam International (Olam or Olam Group), a leading agri-business operating across the value chain in 70 countries, today announced that it is investing US$150.0 million (approximately 30.0 billion Naira) to set up two state-of-the-art animal feed mills, poultry breeding farms and a hatchery to produce day-old-chicks in Nigeria.

“This new venture into animal feed is awin-win for Olam and Nigeria. Domestically produced meat is being hampered by a lack of good quality feed, support for farmers and availability of young stock, but consumption is set to increase.

By investing in poultry and fish feed, we can utilise the wheat bran from our wheat milling operations, as well as maximise our sourcing networks to buy corn and soy from local farmers. Our investment in the hatchery will help boost poultry production and, in the long run, help reduce the country’s reliance on imports. This development underlines the continued confidence we share in Nigeria’s ambition for self-sufficiency.”Of the US$150.0 million in total investments, approximately US$100.0 million (approximately 20.0 billion Naira) has been committed to building and operating the facilities in Kaduna State while US$50.0 million (approximately 10.0 billion Naira) is for a second investment in an integrated poultry and fish feed mill located in Kwara State.

At full capacity, both feed mills are expected to produce in excess of 600,000 tonnes per annum of high-quality poultry and fish feed, with the Kaduna facility supplying mainly to the Northern markets and the Kwara facility to the South-west region. The poultry breeding farm in Kaduna is expected to produce over one million hatching eggs every week for the hatchery. The feed mills will procure most of their corn and soya bean requirements locally, spurring growth of these domestic crops.

Olam will create over 100,000 metric tonnes of in-house storage capacity, which will also help support food security.Olam will therefore contribute to the development of the Nigerian poultry and aquaculture sectors by providing not only competitively priced feed and chicks, but also technical support to local poultry farmers. The increased productivity and returns is expected to stimulate rural self-employment opportunities, particularly for young people.

The company is developing community partnerships by working with the Kaduna State Government to develop a model for supplying eggs and chicken for its school meals programme at below-market prices. It is also working with the neighbouring communities to create a Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability (CR&S) agenda covering education, health and sanitation.

Construction pics..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Commissions $150M Integrated Feed Mill Poultry In Kaduna by mohbobo: 3:06pm On Sep 12, 2017
Confirm news, was at olams farm yesterday for some project work... It's jst 28km frm kad- Abuja Rd... A very good development for the villagers within cos dey ve daily work at olams.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Commissions $150M Integrated Feed Mill Poultry In Kaduna by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 12, 2017
NOC1:

I am Igbo, Efulefu like you.
bro forget I am Igbo you are saying tell us which state and the LGA you come from
Re: Buhari Commissions $150M Integrated Feed Mill Poultry In Kaduna by TundeHashim(m): 3:07pm On Sep 12, 2017
Sebastine1994:
lol! u better dont waste ur life for nothing
Re: Buhari Commissions $150M Integrated Feed Mill Poultry In Kaduna by lookingfly: 3:13pm On Sep 12, 2017
picture of sick bubu commissioning or idbi undecided
Re: Buhari Commissions $150M Integrated Feed Mill Poultry In Kaduna by BMZK: 3:16pm On Sep 12, 2017
celebsnest:
some photos

cc lalasticlala cc mynd44

Baba looking fresher day by day. He who God bless no one can curse
Re: Buhari Commissions $150M Integrated Feed Mill Poultry In Kaduna by deomelo: 3:17pm On Sep 12, 2017
Obas101:
the poultry feed mill is privately owned by olam Nigeria limited.

We know.
Re: Buhari Commissions $150M Integrated Feed Mill Poultry In Kaduna by TundeHashim(m): 3:24pm On Sep 12, 2017
lonecatt:

Its this kinda statement that vexes me about Biafra agitators. the Yoruba people are fond of saying that "a child who we'll be smart, it's at a tender age that he'll start talking smartly". So are u trying to tell me that the igbo nation is not great because they haven't achieved Biafra? Only Biafra could make igbo great?? spare me such cheap and stupid argument! That's one of the reasons why I respect the Yoruba people. They are silent achievers and in tight difficult positions, they try to create an opportunity out of it. The southwest was in opposition for only God knows when and it was still able to build industries and a viable economy. Many igbos overrate themselves and most probably you guys won't be able to achieve more thsn what you have now coz you can't see beyond your noses... if Nigeria can't make igbos great, Biafra would do nada!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Commissions $150M Integrated Feed Mill Poultry In Kaduna by burkingx(f): 3:25pm On Sep 12, 2017
Sebastine1994:

1 Like

Re: Buhari Commissions $150M Integrated Feed Mill Poultry In Kaduna by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 3:28pm On Sep 12, 2017
SalamRushdie:
The visionless Buhari hasn't achieved anything so is now forced to be claiming and commissioning 100 percent private initiatives as gains of his govt , if I look well I will see that this project must even have been conceived during Jonathan's govt
or may not even exist extramentally grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Commissions $150M Integrated Feed Mill Poultry In Kaduna by pweetiedee(m): 3:44pm On Sep 12, 2017
Sebastine1994:
its not fake. My sis works for that company.
Re: Buhari Commissions $150M Integrated Feed Mill Poultry In Kaduna by pweetiedee(m): 3:46pm On Sep 12, 2017
Narldon:
Everything is in the NORTH!
Lol.
this company is in Lagos, Ibadan, Akure, Abeokuta....and more
Re: Buhari Commissions $150M Integrated Feed Mill Poultry In Kaduna by gabng(m): 3:49pm On Sep 12, 2017
Knowledge is Bliss, Seek It!!!

[quote author=SalamRushdie post=60379275]

What does Olam a private company have to to with Vision of Kaduna ..Wake up Olam has been doing this round Nigeria for ages , do u know they own that blue boat milk you used in secondary school [/quote

]
Re: Buhari Commissions $150M Integrated Feed Mill Poultry In Kaduna by SalamRushdie: 3:50pm On Sep 12, 2017
gabng:
Knowledge is Bliss, Seek It!!!

Sharrap
Re: Buhari Commissions $150M Integrated Feed Mill Poultry In Kaduna by gabng(m): 3:52pm On Sep 12, 2017
Tell your state Governor to replicate the same in your state...

See parochial thinking.

mmsen:

What 'vision' are you talking about?

This is the kind of thing that people in Kaduna have been doing for ages, especially Kaduna south. The reason they struggle to expand to this scale is (a) lack of finance and (b) insecurity.

If this governor had any 'vision' he wouldn't reward murdering herdsmen but would rather ensure that those who have toiling in Kaduna for years received the support that they need to protect their investments and to grow.
Re: Buhari Commissions $150M Integrated Feed Mill Poultry In Kaduna by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 12, 2017
NOC1:

did kaduna state governor build the feed mill with state funds

Open ur eyes, this has been happening in Nigeria for ages now. The FG usually pushes development only to the north. This feed mill was built by a foreign company. Wenever foreign investors come, the FG compels them to set up such infrastructures in the north.

Do u think Ebonyi state government can just call Oxfam to build a 150 million dollar project in his state use ur head.
Re: Buhari Commissions $150M Integrated Feed Mill Poultry In Kaduna by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 12, 2017
veraponpo:

Which investor will come to the East when he is not sure if you will soon be merged with Cameroon or remain in Nigeria.

Peace and visionary thinking is the answer.

The investor will continue doing business with Cameroon in such an event.

IS THE NORTH MORE PEACEFUL THAN THE SE

GROW UP.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Igbos/Southern Christians Protest At CNN: "No Restructure, No One Nigeria" / Nigerians In Indonesia Protest, Attack Nigerian Embassy Over Their Negligence / All Imo Flights Blacklisted Nationwide Over Attack On NLC President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.