Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,960 members, 7,806,779 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

Stoke City Vs Arsenal [1 - 3] On Saturday, 27th Feb - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Stoke City Vs Arsenal [1 - 3] On Saturday, 27th Feb (6926 Views)

Poll: Which team will get all 3 points?

Stoke City: 0% (0 votes)
Arsenal: 87% (7 votes)
Neither; they'll draw: 12% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Stoke City Vs Chelsea (1 - 0) On 7th November 2015 / Stoke City Vs Chelsea: Capital One Cup (5 - 4) pens ON 27th October 2015 / Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 4] On Sat, 27th Feb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stoke City Vs Arsenal [1 - 3] On Saturday, 27th Feb by Nobody: 8:51pm On Feb 27, 2010
~Sauron~:

Arsenal have to face Man City, Birmingham and Spurs as well.
The big names might not even matter. . . . .Chelsea have not lost to a big side this season and their loss column reads FIVE.

Does your definition of "a big side" exclude Shitty?
Re: Stoke City Vs Arsenal [1 - 3] On Saturday, 27th Feb by Sauron1: 8:52pm On Feb 27, 2010
HNIC:

Ha ha ha.
The Sauron I know would have said
'They would beat you again at the Emirates' grin

Of course, Citeh are on a HIGH after beating Chelsea.
With Ade, Tevez, Bellamy and Santa Cruz running full speed at ya. . . . .U won't be comfortable.
Anyways, letz wait until then.

arkinses:

Does your definition of "a big side" exclude Shitty?

Big Sides. . . .Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd.
Man City are mere pretenders.
Re: Stoke City Vs Arsenal [1 - 3] On Saturday, 27th Feb by kaypumpin2(m): 8:52pm On Feb 27, 2010
I can't bring myself to celebrate the victory but KUDOS to the lad.
Re: Stoke City Vs Arsenal [1 - 3] On Saturday, 27th Feb by akinalabi(m): 8:53pm On Feb 27, 2010
Arsenal beat stoke and now they are going to win the league. grin
Re: Stoke City Vs Arsenal [1 - 3] On Saturday, 27th Feb by geefivez(m): 8:54pm On Feb 27, 2010
~Sauron~:

With Ade, Tevez, Bellamy and Santa Cruz running full speed at ya. . . . .U won't be comfortable.
Anyways, letz wait until then.

So are they not goin to run at you? or you forgot you are going to Play city.
Re: Stoke City Vs Arsenal [1 - 3] On Saturday, 27th Feb by Nobody: 8:55pm On Feb 27, 2010
~Sauron~:

lol. . .save for Tevez, you could be just right.
Re: Stoke City Vs Arsenal [1 - 3] On Saturday, 27th Feb by Sauron1: 8:55pm On Feb 27, 2010
geefivez:

So are they not goin to run at you? or you forgot you are going to Play city.

We have beaten Citeh twice this season.
They are nobodies to United. . . . .We copped 6 points from em last season and we shall repeat that again.

akinalabi:

Arsenal beat stoke and now they are going to win the league.  grin

Typical Arsenal knee-jerk reactions. grin grin
Re: Stoke City Vs Arsenal [1 - 3] On Saturday, 27th Feb by geefivez(m): 9:00pm On Feb 27, 2010
~Sauron~:

We have beaten Citeh twice this season.
They are nobodies to United. . . . .We copped 6 points from em last season and we shall repeat that again.

You Beat them twice, they defeated you once. you have a return match at city. is going to be hell.
You know they are fighting for fourth position, and you denied them the chance of playing carling cup final.
Re: Stoke City Vs Arsenal [1 - 3] On Saturday, 27th Feb by Sauron1: 9:01pm On Feb 27, 2010
geefivez:

You Beat them twice, they defeated you once. you have a return match at city. is going to be hell.
You know they are fighting for fourth position, and you denied them the chance of playing carling cup final.

They won't get 3 points against United.
The referee clearly helped em win the 1st leg after converting a freekick outside the box into a penalty.
Mike Dean is a fraudulent man.
Re: Stoke City Vs Arsenal [1 - 3] On Saturday, 27th Feb by geefivez(m): 9:04pm On Feb 27, 2010
~Sauron~:

They won't get 3 points against United.
The referee clearly helped em win the 1st leg after converting a freekick outside the box into a penalty.
Mike Dean is a fraudulent man.

We all referee always favour you people, but this time around you would not get such favour.
Re: Stoke City Vs Arsenal [1 - 3] On Saturday, 27th Feb by Sauron1: 9:06pm On Feb 27, 2010
geefivez:

We all referee always favour you people, but this time around you would not get such favour.

I agree with you.
City will beat United 10-0 and Arsenal will win ALL their remaining games with a margin of 5-0 each.
Wenger will win the league title and the UCL and will be knighted by Yaradua. cool
Re: Stoke City Vs Arsenal [1 - 3] On Saturday, 27th Feb by grandjedi(m): 9:10pm On Feb 27, 2010
I really feel for A. Ramsey. That was a horrible injury  sad Hope he's able to come out of it and live up to his potential as a player.

I'm glad the boys pulled together and won the game with TV5 scoring the third goal (similar to one which Sol could have scored earlier).

I just hope Wenger and the boys are able to continue putting their hearts into the remaining games because the league hasn't been won yet.
Re: Stoke City Vs Arsenal [1 - 3] On Saturday, 27th Feb by HNIC(m): 9:13pm On Feb 27, 2010
Nothing has been won yet
We are still in February
More unexpected twists and turns.
Who knows?
Citeh could be in the mix
They are just 9 points adrift of Chelski tongue
Re: Stoke City Vs Arsenal [1 - 3] On Saturday, 27th Feb by Vieira(m): 9:31pm On Feb 27, 2010
"Arsenal do not like it up em"

"Rough em up"

"They cannot cope with physical football"

"They are a small team easily bullied off balls"

Comments like these are constantly bandied about by stupid commentators and journalists, these are the comments that make some stupid northern clogger who thinks he is a footballer break an Arsenal players leg.

I am fed up with this and I say enough is enough, if you cannot match our skill without resorting to GBH then quit the fucking league!

C U Next Tuesday!
Re: Stoke City Vs Arsenal [1 - 3] On Saturday, 27th Feb by rasputinn(m): 9:51pm On Feb 27, 2010
akinalabi:

Arsenal beat stoke and now they are going to win the league. grin

~Sauron~:

Yea right,pretend to laugh on nairaland only to go back to your room and get all apprehensive because of THE ARSENAL
Re: Stoke City Vs Arsenal [1 - 3] On Saturday, 27th Feb by rasputinn(m): 9:54pm On Feb 27, 2010
Vieira:

"Arsenal do not like it up em"

"Rough em up"

"They cannot cope with physical football"

"They are a small team easily bullied off balls"

Comments like these are constantly bandied about by silly commentators and journalists, these are the comments that make some silly northern clogger who thinks he is a footballer break an Arsenal players leg.

I am fed up with this and I say enough is enough, if you cannot match our skill without resorting to GBH then quit the bleeping league!

C U Next Tuesday!

Don't mind the idiotic commentators and writers who tend to encourage half-baked footballers that cannot match mesmerizing footie and therefore resort to breaking limbs.
When it happened to Eduardo,it was Arsenal's probem and the stupid Brit press were critical enough of Taylor,now it's happened to Ramsey(OMG,I'm still shuddering)
Re: Stoke City Vs Arsenal [1 - 3] On Saturday, 27th Feb by rasputinn(m): 9:59pm On Feb 27, 2010
~Sauron~:

No no no,please delete Adebollocks from that list,on his return from the 4-match ban,he'll repeat his default violent tackle against another player and that time,he'll get banned for the remainder of the season,so please count the id.iot out

~Sauron~:

Very correct
Re: Stoke City Vs Arsenal [1 - 3] On Saturday, 27th Feb by Nobody: 10:47pm On Feb 27, 2010
OMG! Aaron Ramsey. . .one year minimum. That was a fair challenge and only a closer look shows him running into the mouth of Shawcross' boot
[flash=400,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaFo5BlBNmk[/flash]
Re: Stoke City Vs Arsenal [1 - 3] On Saturday, 27th Feb by Rastamann: 5:41am On Feb 28, 2010
It was a fair challenge.
Re: Stoke City Vs Arsenal [1 - 3] On Saturday, 27th Feb by Yoighaman(m): 10:50am On Feb 28, 2010
let's pray Ramsey a speedy recovery, always a 'Gunners'
Re: Stoke City Vs Arsenal [1 - 3] On Saturday, 27th Feb by seunbballo(m): 10:56am On Feb 28, 2010
The challenge is not that bad, When there are using baby teeth and biscuit bone kids to play

a game of football ment for men with viguor, power and strenght, grin grin
Re: Stoke City Vs Arsenal [1 - 3] On Saturday, 27th Feb by eddiebomba(m): 12:07pm On Feb 28, 2010
seunbballo:

The challenge is not that bad, When there are using baby teeth and biscuit bone kids to play

And yet these same "baby teeth" (as yo call them) beat a team full of men who are better suited as bouncers!!! my friend, ur a goat angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Stoke City Vs Arsenal [1 - 3] On Saturday, 27th Feb by Olisa4all: 1:11pm On Feb 28, 2010
arkinses:

OMG! Aaron Ramsey. . .one year minimum. That was a fair challenge and only a closer look shows him running into the mouth of Shawcross' boot
[flash=400,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaFo5BlBNmk[/flash]

Sum1s leg got broken&u call d challenge "fair"
eddiebomba:

[/b]

And yet these same "baby teeth" (as yo call them) beat a team full of men who are better suited as bouncers!!! my friend, your a goat angry angry angry angry angry
A very big one
Re: Stoke City Vs Arsenal [1 - 3] On Saturday, 27th Feb by Nobody: 1:22pm On Feb 28, 2010
Shawcross didn't attack with intent to injure, you can clearly see him longing for the ball; he was only playing to win. All's fair in love and war
Re: Stoke City Vs Arsenal [1 - 3] On Saturday, 27th Feb by Kratos007(m): 2:50pm On Feb 28, 2010
seunbballo:

what an utter toff of a retard. would you like me to tackle you like that? we all agree that it was not intentional, but to suggest that it happened because of the age of the player is just plain stupid. besides, as you grow older, your bones tend to get more brittle and become more predisposed to breakage. ask your doctor, you tool.
Re: Stoke City Vs Arsenal [1 - 3] On Saturday, 27th Feb by seunbballo(m): 2:59pm On Feb 28, 2010
@Kratos007- na ur papa na him be retard!!!!! u dey craze 4 head abi dem swear 4 ur generation. wetin be ur problem, i call ur name abi i abuse u?

NONSENSE
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Stoke City Vs Arsenal [1 - 3] On Saturday, 27th Feb by larimo(m): 3:51pm On Feb 28, 2010
shawcross had no intent to hurt him. he was weeping while leaving the pitch. Its so unfortunate cry.

Re: Stoke City Vs Arsenal [1 - 3] On Saturday, 27th Feb by larimo(m): 3:56pm On Feb 28, 2010
~Sauron~:

I hope this list is arranged alphabetically and not inferring that Arsenal is the strongest of the four grin wink cheesy
Re: Stoke City Vs Arsenal [1 - 3] On Saturday, 27th Feb by Vieira(m): 4:01pm On Feb 28, 2010
No one said he meant to break his leg you fools.

The point is he thought neccessary to go in extra hard simply because that is what all teams are told to do against Arsenal.

He could not win the ball but still meant to show "aggression" by being physical.

When you play with that attitude sooner or later a broken leg is the result.

3 times against Arsenal players now in 4 years, all done by average english footballers who could not live with skill and pace and hence overcompensate with misplaced aggression.

I am 6'2" and quite big and constantly play against smaller but quicker players with loads more skill than I have, I am yet to break someones leg.

As a player you know when to tackle and when to show aggression without endangering your fellow player.
Re: Stoke City Vs Arsenal [1 - 3] On Saturday, 27th Feb by Olisa4all: 4:02pm On Feb 28, 2010
@Trey8,tell dat to Taylor
seunbballo:

a game of football ment for men with viguor, power and strenght,  grin grin
So shawcross is a man wiv vigour,power n strength @22?
Re: Stoke City Vs Arsenal [1 - 3] On Saturday, 27th Feb by Nobody: 4:04pm On Feb 28, 2010
Vieira:

No one said he meant to break his leg you fools.

Saying that fulfilled an inner desire, right?

Olisa4all:

@Trey8,tell dat to Taylor

Who be Taylor? Na only Vulcanizer and Panel Beater I parley with grin
Re: Stoke City Vs Arsenal [1 - 3] On Saturday, 27th Feb by EmmyBoy2(m): 6:35pm On Feb 28, 2010
I pray Ramsey recovers from this!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hull City Vs Liverpool (3 - 1 ) On 1s December 2013 / World Cup Group D: Take Your Chance! / Jose Mourinho Extends Contract With Real Madrid Till 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.