Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,826 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

Genevieve N20m Face Of Lux Deal Is Absurd! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Genevieve N20m Face Of Lux Deal Is Absurd! (3704 Views)

Genevieve Nnaji & Her Brother Pose For Cool ‘snowfie’ / Absurd! Women Wait For Their Turn To Get Whipped For Committing Fornication-pics / Charly Boy Disgraces Okorocha At Oputa’s Burial Over N20M For Arrangements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Genevieve N20m Face Of Lux Deal Is Absurd! by felo12(m): 11:01am On Feb 15, 2007
For a product that will be sold in more that 100 countries, I think N20m (£80k)is ridiculous for an international model.Marylyn monroe and Catherine Zeta Jones  were once face of lux model,Genny should treated the same way.a reputable company like unilever should play by the rule.Guys what do u think, ??

1 Like

Re: Genevieve N20m Face Of Lux Deal Is Absurd! by eniola1310(f): 11:32am On Feb 15, 2007
i wonder why u are beefing the girl
Re: Genevieve N20m Face Of Lux Deal Is Absurd! by Seun(m): 11:43am On Feb 15, 2007
Is Genevieve Nnaji an international model? I don't think so! Her income depends on her star power, period.
Re: Genevieve N20m Face Of Lux Deal Is Absurd! by eniola1310(f): 1:23pm On Feb 15, 2007
international model or not , it's her time. pls let her shine. i'm not her fan but imagine urself in her shoes. would u tell lux the deal is absurd cos u are not an international model?
please let it be.

what about David Becham's new deal?
Re: Genevieve N20m Face Of Lux Deal Is Absurd! by londoner: 1:39pm On Feb 15, 2007
People all over Africa and the world know about David Beckham, Camron Diaz etc and so they sell the products they indorse, people over the world do not know about Gene, why should she get paid the same if she will have far less appeal because she is relatively unknown?

Is she the international face of Lux or just for a specific region?
Re: Genevieve N20m Face Of Lux Deal Is Absurd! by felo12(m): 9:05am On Feb 16, 2007
Enny u got it all wrong,I'm not beefing Genny as u mentioned.My point is, regardless the model country of origin or fame, all face of lux model should be treated equally, Unilever has their code of practise and they choose their model randomly from different country.Genny should be paid more that N20m because the product(Lux)will be sold all over the world, Let's assume that the model is from America or britain are they gonna pay the same peanut?NO,
Re: Genevieve N20m Face Of Lux Deal Is Absurd! by jaybaby(f): 10:45am On Feb 16, 2007
What i dnt really understand is---Whazzz ur own?
Re: Genevieve N20m Face Of Lux Deal Is Absurd! by eniola1310(f): 10:52am On Feb 16, 2007
i think 20m naira looks like a lot of money to gene. if it doesnt, she wouldn have signed the contract. u cant blame lux because gene is agreed to accept that little.

everyone is someone's fool. u are not a monkey until u take the banana handed to u !
at one point or the other we are all handed bananas, taking it is what certifies u a monkey
Re: Genevieve N20m Face Of Lux Deal Is Absurd! by felo12(m): 12:52pm On Feb 16, 2007
Jaybaby,the thing is most of this Expatriate are complete REAP OFF, they just take the peace out of us,all because people like you refuse to voice out against them, i will be happy to see nigerian models competing with Kate moss and co, (Face of lux is int'l deal)Unilever should be talking in Million of Dollar, Remember Genny is our sister !
Re: Genevieve N20m Face Of Lux Deal Is Absurd! by Seun(m): 8:43pm On Feb 16, 2007
Genevieve is not complaining. Instead of sitting at home because of a ban by Nigerians, she got paid N20m!
Re: Genevieve N20m Face Of Lux Deal Is Absurd! by SMC(f): 9:54pm On Feb 16, 2007
@ Topic,

This is is what I dislike about some postings. angry Genevieve Nnaji signed to become the face of lux about two years ago (see http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=16262). Why all the hullabaloo now? angry. Furthermore, as has been pointed out by a few people, most stars who endorse products have a GLOBAL appeal. Genevieve is only a Star in Nigeria and neighbouring countries and the adverts showing her images will only be distributed in Sub-Saharan Africa. I know she is not the lux face in the UK nor in the USA (never seen her here). Why should she be paid the same amount as the stars who have international/ cross-continental appeal? When she becomes an international superstar, she will command proportionate wages/fees because companies will be able to use her image in different jurisdictions. cool

felo12:

For a product that will be sold in more that 100 countries, I think N20m (£80k)is ridiculous for an international model.Marylyn monroe and Catherine Zeta Jones  were once face of lux model,Genny should treated the same way.a reputable company like unilever should play by the rule.Guys what do u think, ??
@Felo12, Please don't go about 'hyping' Genevieve like she is an international superstar because she isn't. There is nothing "absurd" about the amount she was signed on for as contrary to what you wrote, the products carrying her image will not be sold in more than a hundred countries (lux products generally may be sold in so many countries but if you had bothered to do even the littlest of researches, you'd find out that Genevieve's contract isn't worldwide), PERIOD!!!
Re: Genevieve N20m Face Of Lux Deal Is Absurd! by jaybaby(f): 4:01pm On Feb 17, 2007
@ Poster
U dnt Xpt 'em 2 pay her more than what she was been paid! That was her 1st Contract with 4 Xst Sakes.

& I'm even sure Gene herself wasnt Xpting that much! lipsrsealed & when she was told -she went HAYWIRE & Gave d VP 20 rounds of lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Genevieve N20m Face Of Lux Deal Is Absurd! by Nobody: 4:58pm On Feb 17, 2007
@SMC

thank you for bringing reality back

I thought i was the only one who realised this lux deal was over two years old and unilever and genevieve have moved on.
Re: Genevieve N20m Face Of Lux Deal Is Absurd! by SMC(f): 5:07pm On Feb 17, 2007
salsera:

@SMC
thank you for bringing reality back
I thought i was the only one who realised this lux deal was over two years old and unilever and genevieve have moved on.

@Salsera, my sister, no problem ojare. People like sensationalising things unnecessarily in this forum to get adverse effects/responses.
Re: Genevieve N20m Face Of Lux Deal Is Absurd! by trendy(f): 9:37am On Jul 13, 2007
i just laughed when i went through this thread
some thought the poster was beefing genny grin

well, 20Milllion naira is a large sum of money to genny
If that's what they offer her fine
but it would have been fair for them to give her equal pay with the others
Re: Genevieve N20m Face Of Lux Deal Is Absurd! by angel101(f): 1:33pm On Jul 13, 2007
is there anything like equal pay in showbiz? U get paid according to ur rating. If u ask me, the deal is quite generous for gene
Re: Genevieve N20m Face Of Lux Deal Is Absurd! by thegame(m): 2:15pm On Jul 13, 2007
and so what?has her film grossed a lot of dollars that catherine's film has grossed. Let's be realistic here. Your success determines too. why do you think it 's a show businesds. Put on some sense. You knw how much tom cruise collected for his first? Shut up and say something better
Re: Genevieve N20m Face Of Lux Deal Is Absurd! by akins4(m): 9:51am On Jul 14, 2007
na from here hired killer dey start from.
mind ur own business
Re: Genevieve N20m Face Of Lux Deal Is Absurd! by Orikinla(m): 12:44pm On Jul 14, 2007
SMC:

@ Topic,

This is is what I dislike about some postings. angry Genevieve Nnaji signed to become the face of lux about two years ago (see http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=16262). Why all the hullabaloo now? angry. Furthermore, as has been pointed out by a few people, most stars who endorse products have a GLOBAL appeal. Genevieve is only a Star in Nigeria and neighbouring countries and the adverts showing her images will only be distributed in Sub-Saharan Africa. I know she is not the lux face in the UK nor in the USA (never seen her here). Why should she be paid the same amount as the stars who have international/ cross-continental appeal? When she becomes an international superstar, she will command proportionate wages/fees because companies will be able to use her image in different jurisdictions. cool
@Felo12, Please don't go about 'hyping' Genevieve like she is an international superstar because she isn't. There is nothing "absurd" about the amount she was signed on for as contrary to what you wrote, the products carrying her image will not be sold in more than a hundred countries (lux products generally may be sold in so many countries but if you had bothered to do even the littlest of researches, you'd find out that Genevieve's contract isn't worldwide), PERIOD!!!

Thank you SMC.

I thought the poster wanted to update the news on what happened after two years.

(1) (Reply)

Must Read: Wizkid's Brother From Another Mother... By Honeylicious Joel.. / Nigerian Creates World's Most Expensive Champagne Which Cost $1.2million (n250m) / Iyaloja General Of Lagos, Folashade Tinubu-ojo’s Unruly Attitude

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.