Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,989 members, 7,806,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

Governor Ikpeazu Declares 3-Day Curfew In Aba - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Ikpeazu Declares 3-Day Curfew In Aba (44949 Views)

Police Impose Three-Day Curfew In Bayelsa After Violence / Ikpeazu Declares ‘Operation Zero Potholes’ In Abia State / Buhari Issues Quit Notice To Ikpeazu, Declares Ogah Next Abia Governor (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Ikpeazu Declares 3-Day Curfew In Aba by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 12, 2017
zionmde:

Wat makes u think i will waste my time talking to someone who doesn't see any other useful thing to do in life than carrying ipob matter on his head. bug off!!
just like Nnamdi carry Nigeria for him head abi?

Una never see anything yet, una called Nigerian army names,you said they are nothing,go and dance with the Python around 6:30pm na.

8 Likes

Re: Governor Ikpeazu Declares 3-Day Curfew In Aba by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 12, 2017
All youths in SS/SE should match out and fix this mess once and for all time.

There is no country here any longer.

Catching the next flight.

Another phase in my journey through life.
Re: Governor Ikpeazu Declares 3-Day Curfew In Aba by Joshuazedd(m): 7:06pm On Sep 12, 2017
RolandAkachukwu:
BREAKING.

Breaking: Ikpeazu declares three days curfew in Aba

PRESS STATEMENT BY THE GOVERNOR OF ABIA STATE OKEZIE IKPEAZU Ph. D ON THE SECURITY SITUATION IN THE STATE

Abia State has for the past few days been the focus of security searchlight occasioned by the reported skirmish between some groups in the State, especially Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) with men of the Nigerian Army.

Government notes and has observed the frenzy of activities of members of IPOB within Afara – Umuahia, the ancestral home of the leader of IPOB for some months now.
Government is equally aware of the recent proclamation by the Nigerian Army of Operation Python Dance II within the South – East geopolitical region of Nigeria.

The operation as declared by the Army is intended to check kidnapping, banditry, assassination, secessionist activities within the region, amongst other forms of criminal activities.

The recent confrontation between the Nigerian Army and members of IPOB on Sunday, 10th September, 2017, could presumably be attributed to the commencement of the said Operation Python Dance II.

The Abia State Government unequivocally states that Abia is a component State of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and subscribes to the supremacy of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and all other extant laws.

While the Government of Abia State recognizes the right of the Nigerian Army and other security agencies, to perform their statutory duty of protection of lives and property of Nigerian citizens, such duties must be carried out within acclaimed Nigerian and international standards of engagement with the civil populace, with due respect to the human rights of citizens and sanctity of human lives.

The Abia State Government is committed to the protection of the lives and properties of its citizens and others residing and doing business within the geographical entity called Abia State.

Abians and others living within Abia, are advised to remain law abiding and carry on their lawful business without fear, as efforts by Government will be made to reduce friction between the civil populace and military personnel in the State.

Meanwhile, Aba residents are advised to observe a curfew from 6pm to 6am from today 12/09/2017 to 14/09/2017.

Persons residing within the State are strongly advised to remain law abiding, while going about their lawful business without fear of molestation, and, not engage in any form of confrontation with military personnel or other security agents.

The Government recognizes the constitutional Right to Freedom of Movement for all Nigerians, but objects to the influx of people into Abia State for purposes of unsettling the enduring peace in the State.

Finally, Abia State will co – operate with security agencies to maintain the rule of law and order in the State.

Okezie Ikpeazu PhD
Governor, Abia State
12/09/2017

people are agitating peacefully.. atleast they haven't passed the red line...and you still send Soldiers whom you know will cause unrest... abeg these people no get sense? is it pride or they don't care about people's safety?
Re: Governor Ikpeazu Declares 3-Day Curfew In Aba by Unimaginable123: 7:07pm On Sep 12, 2017
sarrki:

Baba its not about Buhari

We should all thread with caution

We have no other country for now
keep quiet. U are an ilorin indigene yet one fulani from gambia is ruling you as emir from sokoto caliphate and u can't say anything about it
Re: Governor Ikpeazu Declares 3-Day Curfew In Aba by tutudesz: 7:07pm On Sep 12, 2017
Throwback:
Nnamdi Kanu should come out and show the whole world that he is above the law and constitutional authorities in Nigeria.

He should speak and reverse the curfew and declare his own rules, since he deludes himself with an authority that is not recognised by any lawful society.

Nnamdi Kanu is a terrorist. IPOB is a terrorist group.
He will do the usually press conference in his father house

1 Like

Re: Governor Ikpeazu Declares 3-Day Curfew In Aba by Abagworo(m): 7:07pm On Sep 12, 2017
I heard IPOB members killed 4 Hausas and burnt a mosque at Obigbo in Rivers State. Isn't that enough for declaration of war against them?

3 Likes

Re: Governor Ikpeazu Declares 3-Day Curfew In Aba by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 12, 2017
franchizy:
Good one my governor. I urge the military to deal drasticay with the ipob criminals.

No mercy for kanu the terorist and his criminal gangs.

I wish our military more bullets to there guns.

We remain one Nigeria.

God bless Buhari
God bless the Nigerian Army
God bless all well meaning igbos

Thunder fire kanu and Igbos.
Stop typing rubbish on social media. pls stop this nonsense and pray 4 ur democracy its ur future we are talking here.
Re: Governor Ikpeazu Declares 3-Day Curfew In Aba by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 12, 2017
Unimaginable123:
keep quiet. Say what u know. Have then been able to capture shekau or even tompolo?
If he (shakau) get balls, let him come out in the open na,why running like ojukwu?

Also tell Nnamdi to come out of his papa house at 7;30 pm,let's see whether he is serious about sacrificing his blood for Biafra.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ikpeazu Declares 3-Day Curfew In Aba by tutudesz: 7:09pm On Sep 12, 2017
Billyonaire:
All youths in SS/SE should match out and fix this mess once and for all time.

There is no country here any longer.

Catching the next flight.

Another phase in my journey through life.
Must you always add south south to your matter? can't you stand alone or are you a coward?

7 Likes

Re: Governor Ikpeazu Declares 3-Day Curfew In Aba by JacksonD7: 7:10pm On Sep 12, 2017
I'm hearing rumours of Igbos being killed in their homeland. This country might not survive another massacre of Igbos. Is war in the air?.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ikpeazu Declares 3-Day Curfew In Aba by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 12, 2017
tutudesz:

Must you always add south south to your matter? can't you stand alone or are you a coward?

I am from SS. Human injustice to fellow humans is unacceptable to me. Nature makes no mistakes.
Re: Governor Ikpeazu Declares 3-Day Curfew In Aba by Unimaginable123: 7:10pm On Sep 12, 2017
AntiIPOB:
If he (shakau) get balls, let him cone out in the open na,why running like ojukwu?

Also tell Nnamdi to come out of his papa house at 7;30 pm,let's see whether he is serious about sacrificing his blood for Biafra.
Dundee. Nnamdi Kanu is in Umuahia. No curfew declared there. The curfew was declared in Aba, a city 60 km away from Umuahia

1 Like

Re: Governor Ikpeazu Declares 3-Day Curfew In Aba by Lawless101(m): 7:10pm On Sep 12, 2017
Thats good.
Re: Governor Ikpeazu Declares 3-Day Curfew In Aba by SalamRushdie: 7:10pm On Sep 12, 2017
greenpasture:

Aba has been granted a slew of preferential benefits in its industrial hub. The VP has been there at least twice. So much for ignoring Aba, just type the veeps name and Aba.

Regarding the violence, the governor is right to respond in this way. He is mindful that the Constitution allows him issue a state of emergency that will automatically place the state under an administrator. Jonathan did this during his term.

Truth is if any group attempts to challenge the authority of any legitimate government Anywhere in the world, it will be put down. So there is nothing unusual here.

Can't you see the results of the good work the VP did in just 100 days yet the lousy Buhari is back scattering all the gains in one week , when the economy bleed further now he will be the first to blame low oil prices and the previous govts ..any military action in the south East is very unnecessary as it will lead to more economic chaos
Re: Governor Ikpeazu Declares 3-Day Curfew In Aba by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 12, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Buhari doing what he know best which is delivering hardship , Aba which is the most industrious micro city in Africa has now been put in a curfew because if Buhari ...Remember to vote Buhari out of he dares contest is Now a CIVIC DUTY
WHAT is your business with 2019 elections? Thought your Lord nnamdi cownu asked you not to vote.. grin. Keepboard Ipob warrior, I thought you guys would have leveled Nigerian Army today.. How I wish you can go against the curfew and see red eyes from our gallant Armies grin You never chi chum chin

5 Likes

Re: Governor Ikpeazu Declares 3-Day Curfew In Aba by lafflaff123(m): 7:11pm On Sep 12, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Buhari doing what he know best which is delivering hardship , Aba which is the most industrious micro city in Africa has now been put in a curfew because if Buhari ...Remember to vote Buhari out of he dares contest is Now a CIVIC DUTY

Shut up.

6 Likes

Re: Governor Ikpeazu Declares 3-Day Curfew In Aba by lafflaff123(m): 7:12pm On Sep 12, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
[s][/s]

Dreamer! Why did you abandon Your Old Moniker?

Ngene please what was his Moniker?that Rushdie fellow has been picking annoying fights with me.

Pls pls say the former Moniker,as you will be doing us a service.

5 Likes

Re: Governor Ikpeazu Declares 3-Day Curfew In Aba by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 12, 2017
yomi96:
are u not old for all of this? you are an adult for christ sake.dats how you say trash on tv too.Anyways good move from the govt of abia
WHY are you so pained? grin

1 Like

Re: Governor Ikpeazu Declares 3-Day Curfew In Aba by dvee2: 7:14pm On Sep 12, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Yesterday when I exposed you a satanic bigot trying to masquerade as a sensible man to collect data you ran away and now you are back here in your full bigot regalia now ..My duty from now on is to make sure this is Buhari's Last tenure and believe it will be because I never fail ....Now run off an go a celebrate all the blood you have drank in Aba today but know it will be short lived .

So your duty is no longer the actualization of Biafra, but to ensure this is Buharis last tenure in one Nigeria, now we are getting somewhere

4 Likes

Re: Governor Ikpeazu Declares 3-Day Curfew In Aba by iswallker(m): 7:14pm On Sep 12, 2017
abouzaid:
Catalonia just ended a massive pro secession rally, they have fixed a referendum date against a constitutional court judgement, their leader have pledged to declare independence within 48hours of the result if successful. yet nobody have been killed, not even an animal.yet the Nigerian army goes around killing unarmed ipob members just for calling for an election boycott.

Pls remind me again, which natural resource exists in Catalonia... grin

While I don't subscribe to violence, its silly to think a nation will give up the area where it earns 70% of its forex by shaking your hand and patting you on that back... grin

Its good for you to agitate for more control of the resource , rather than secession, but again, the greedy leaders in the region will shortchange the masses. Like they have done over the years..
Re: Governor Ikpeazu Declares 3-Day Curfew In Aba by Nobody: 7:15pm On Sep 12, 2017
Annie939:
umuahia is a calm area why sending military men over there haabaaa
GO and ask your Lord nnamdi cownu and his unintelligent bss

1 Like

Re: Governor Ikpeazu Declares 3-Day Curfew In Aba by billbonesmd(m): 7:15pm On Sep 12, 2017
Make your education count please. Nigerians at home, in diaspora and foreigners read these comments. Sound sensible please
AntiIPOB:
just like Nnamdi carry Nigeria for him head abi?

Una never see anything yet, una called Nigerian army names,you said they are nothing,go and dance with the Python around 6:30pm na.
Re: Governor Ikpeazu Declares 3-Day Curfew In Aba by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 12, 2017
bruno419:
I don't know you but u are such a big fool, ur love for hatred will backfire yr family, idiot
THE thing pain you well well... Chai
Re: Governor Ikpeazu Declares 3-Day Curfew In Aba by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 12, 2017
tutudesz:

Why are you asking whether he is coward, he is a coward,he urged youths to match out yet he is jetting out what do you call such a person?

1 Like

Re: Governor Ikpeazu Declares 3-Day Curfew In Aba by obyrich(m): 7:16pm On Sep 12, 2017
greenpasture:

Aba has been granted a slew of preferential benefits in its industrial hub. The VP has been there at least twice. So much for ignoring Aba, just type the veeps name and Aba.

Regarding the violence, the governor is right to respond in this way. He is mindful that the Constitution allows him issue a state of emergency that will automatically place the state under an administrator. Jonathan did this during his term.

Truth is if any group attempts to challenge the authority of any legitimate government Anywhere in the world, it will be put down. So there is nothing unusual here.
Can you point out what project the VP's visitation brought to Aba. What Federal project has been commissioned or is ongoing as a follow up to his visitation? Forget Jonathan. APC still has supporters in Abia. APC has flag bearers in Anambra as well as other SE states. What have you done for the SE to win over those doubting your ability to deliver dividends of democracy.

What Buhari is doing now is not different from what PDP labelled him during the campaign era. Remember he was called a religious and tribal bigot. He was tagged an undiplomatic fundamentalist. So PDP was right afterall.
Re: Governor Ikpeazu Declares 3-Day Curfew In Aba by zoedew: 7:16pm On Sep 12, 2017
About time! Meanwhile contra illogical arguments on Today's Channels TV Sunrise Daily Program.#thumbsdown
Re: Governor Ikpeazu Declares 3-Day Curfew In Aba by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 12, 2017
Throwback:
A useless Governor who sat idle while treason was being perpetrated and encouraged.

His brain was just delivered to him by Jumia.

IPOB is a terrorist group.

Oh boy. Leave ipob and biafra and face yoruba land. Are you pipu cursed or what.
Re: Governor Ikpeazu Declares 3-Day Curfew In Aba by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 12, 2017
daviddoc:
The Lawless and Barbaric Zoo must Fall!
IT will fall on your head
Re: Governor Ikpeazu Declares 3-Day Curfew In Aba by billbonesmd(m): 7:18pm On Sep 12, 2017
Finally, someone in opposition sounding sensible.
No sensible person or country will give upnwithout a fight. Shooting unarmed protesters, and parading sophisticated weaponry within the country at a time of peace.. Dunno what that is.
iswallker:

Pls remind me again, which natural resource exists in Catalonia... grin

While I don't subscribe to violence, its silly to think a nation will give up the area where it earns 70% of its forex by shaking your hand and patting you on that back... grin

Its good for you to agitate for more control of the resource , but again, the greedy leaders in the region will shortchange the masses. Like they have done over the years..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kwankwasiyya To Ganduje: Remove Red Cap Within 2 Days Or Face Legal Action / Numan And Dong Members And Osinbajo Pictured Together As Man Shares Experiences / 'Photo Of The Year' - Nigerians Do The Buhari 4 + 4, Keyamo Takes It To Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.