Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,029 members, 7,807,051 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

N470, 000 Iphone X: Apple Finally Reveals It's Best Ever Smartphone(Photos) - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / N470, 000 Iphone X: Apple Finally Reveals It's Best Ever Smartphone(Photos) (39385 Views)

TECNO F2 Unboxing And Full Review: Affordable Android Powered Smartphone(Photos) / Can You Really Protect A $1,000 Iphone With A $20 Case? / ₦360,000 Iphone X Costs Apple Just ₦129,000 To Make(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N470, 000 Iphone X: Apple Finally Reveals It's Best Ever Smartphone(Photos) by Iamthoney(m): 7:35am On Sep 13, 2017
I go wait till e enter naija before I buy am...I no want make my peers dem dey get bad belle for me if I rush go place order online and the phone delivered to me. Meanwhile I go still dey rock my iPhone 7 cos issa bae bee
Re: N470, 000 Iphone X: Apple Finally Reveals It's Best Ever Smartphone(Photos) by dreamangel: 7:37am On Sep 13, 2017
hanassholesolo:
Meanwhile, in Samsung land

Higher resolution display
No embarrassing camera tumours
No rounded edge meme
More powerful
Fingerprint unlock
Headphone jack
SD card slot
Oculus AND Daydream support
Cost $300 less.

Why are Apple even bothering to compete at this point?
I guess its because they can spray space gold on a literal turd and fanboys will still buy it.
\

Please don't remind me of Samsung note 7
Re: N470, 000 Iphone X: Apple Finally Reveals It's Best Ever Smartphone(Photos) by Nobody: 7:37am On Sep 13, 2017
rubion:

Most of the features is actually stolen from BB10

Forget android. Blackberry is the most unfortunated and under-rated brand.

Lol, perhaps you know nothing about Meego and WebOS.

Go check them out. Nokia N8 and Palm phone running webOS.
BB10 is a solid OS but the lack of apps messed it up.

2 Likes

Re: N470, 000 Iphone X: Apple Finally Reveals It's Best Ever Smartphone(Photos) by NCP: 7:39am On Sep 13, 2017
iamchybs:
Samsung has made iPhone designers think deeper.

Hopefully this new hardware and designs will get them back to number 2. Samsung can't be moved at this point.

Samsung is one of the most innovative mobile companies. They know how to play the game and beat Apple to it.

1 Like

Re: N470, 000 Iphone X: Apple Finally Reveals It's Best Ever Smartphone(Photos) by tortorri1: 7:39am On Sep 13, 2017
Explorers:
The iPhone X will be available in space grey and silver, and ships on November 3.

The iPhone X will come with a 'super retina display' that uses OLED technology giving it the highest ever pixel density in an iPhone.

The built in chip that controls Face ID is built with a neural engine, allowing it to execute 600 billion operations per second.

To unlock the phone, users can use facial recognition, which Apple calls Face ID.

It will 'learn' your face, so every time you glance at the iPhone, it detects your face even in the dark

Even if you dye your hair, put on a hat, wear glasses, or change your appearance in other drastic ways, the device will still recognize your face.

Apple even worked with Hollywood filmmakers to be sure it can't be fooled by photographs or masks.

How secure is this face ID?

What if the user is sleeping and someone takes the phone close to the user's face? Won't it unlock?

3 Likes

Re: N470, 000 Iphone X: Apple Finally Reveals It's Best Ever Smartphone(Photos) by wisekid20101(m): 7:39am On Sep 13, 2017
End time phone
Re: N470, 000 Iphone X: Apple Finally Reveals It's Best Ever Smartphone(Photos) by USUKUMA(m): 7:47am On Sep 13, 2017
Explorers:
Animojis' are a new type of emoji introduced by Apple at today's event.

They react to your facial expression from within the messenger app allowing you to express a range of emotions.

Another new feature in the iPhone X is animoji, 3D animated emoji that you can control with your face.

The animoji work by tracking more than 50 facial movements and replicating these in your choice of dozens of animal emoji.

mehn I'd get it for this purpose
Re: N470, 000 Iphone X: Apple Finally Reveals It's Best Ever Smartphone(Photos) by LEOSIRSIR(m): 7:49am On Sep 13, 2017
grin

1 Like

Re: N470, 000 Iphone X: Apple Finally Reveals It's Best Ever Smartphone(Photos) by Officialzoe: 7:57am On Sep 13, 2017
lilmax:
who come be this one? grin

he called it junk? grin.......side effect of android
lol but android i sweet though no doubt
Re: N470, 000 Iphone X: Apple Finally Reveals It's Best Ever Smartphone(Photos) by princeade86(m): 7:59am On Sep 13, 2017
chai.... If 1 dollar is equal to 1 naira, i will buy 30 of this fone. Kai, and i nid d phone gan ni.
Re: N470, 000 Iphone X: Apple Finally Reveals It's Best Ever Smartphone(Photos) by Yameater(m): 8:05am On Sep 13, 2017
ollah1:

What's vexing you?

Haba!
It's annoying that my iPhone 7 is not up to a year and three temptations (x,8,8+) are out.
The thing de vex me
Re: N470, 000 Iphone X: Apple Finally Reveals It's Best Ever Smartphone(Photos) by Orodje(m): 8:08am On Sep 13, 2017
iamchybs:
Samsung has made iPhone designers think deeper.

Hopefully this new hardware and designs will get them back to number 2. Samsung can't be moved at this point.
Teamsamsung bro cool

1 Like

Re: N470, 000 Iphone X: Apple Finally Reveals It's Best Ever Smartphone(Photos) by madridguy(m): 8:08am On Sep 13, 2017
This is cool. Life is good with good cash.

3 Likes

Re: N470, 000 Iphone X: Apple Finally Reveals It's Best Ever Smartphone(Photos) by Nobody: 8:09am On Sep 13, 2017
Pushas:

Apple Brain Drained!!!! WTF

A Company currently worth 750 billion dollars is brain drained?

A global brand predicted by experts to be the first company with a market capitalization of 1trillion dollars by 2019 is "brain drained"?
But on a serious note tho, The iphone X is the only major redesign Apple has done since 2014. The Iphone 7 was hugely disappointing. But still calling Apple "brain drained" is an over exaggeration
Re: N470, 000 Iphone X: Apple Finally Reveals It's Best Ever Smartphone(Photos) by temmytopsy1(f): 8:10am On Sep 13, 2017
jiyahsamson:
broke nigga
Whatever
Re: N470, 000 Iphone X: Apple Finally Reveals It's Best Ever Smartphone(Photos) by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 13, 2017
Yameater:

Haba!
It's annoying that my iPhone 7 is not up to a year and three temptations (x,8,8+) are out.
The thing de vex me

Were you expecting Apple to have shifted the launch of these phones because of you?
Re: N470, 000 Iphone X: Apple Finally Reveals It's Best Ever Smartphone(Photos) by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 13, 2017
mykel20:
But on a serious note tho, The iphone X is the only major redesign Apple has done since 2014. The Iphone 7 was hugely disappointing. But still calling Apple "brain drained" is an over exaggeration

I agree with you a 100per cent.
Re: N470, 000 Iphone X: Apple Finally Reveals It's Best Ever Smartphone(Photos) by Nobody: 8:15am On Sep 13, 2017
mykel20:

Apple has released just 5 designs since the 3GS

iPhone 4 and 4s
iPhone 5, 5S, 5C and SE
iPhone 6, 6S, 7, 8
iPhone 6 plus, 6S plus, 7 plus and 8 plus
iPhone X

1 Like

Re: N470, 000 Iphone X: Apple Finally Reveals It's Best Ever Smartphone(Photos) by 989900: 8:15am On Sep 13, 2017
These days, I don't waste money on things I don't need.
I don't do trending too . . . I go for things I do need, regardless of the cost.

I think I'm getting old.

2 Likes

Re: N470, 000 Iphone X: Apple Finally Reveals It's Best Ever Smartphone(Photos) by Xbee007(m): 8:17am On Sep 13, 2017
Pushas:

Apple Brain Drained!!!! WTF

A Company currently worth 750 billion dollars is brain drained?

A global brand predicted by experts to be the first company with a market capitalization of 1trillion dollars by 2019 is "brain drained"?
Both of you guys and those that liked your comment don't know the meaning of " brain drain".
Brain drain simply means the migration of educated or talented people from less economically advanced areas to more economically advanced areas, especially to large cities or richer countries.
So how does brain drain relate to the topic? The person you quoted has a slight idea of its meaning because he was referring to the fact that Apple has been copying other phone producers' ideas. But you, you just gbe gbagi grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: N470, 000 Iphone X: Apple Finally Reveals It's Best Ever Smartphone(Photos) by jaxxy(m): 8:17am On Sep 13, 2017
Obviously Samsung is definitely doing smtn rite cos iPhone x looks similar to the s8.

Samsung and iPhone my best brands in dat order. iPhone needs to work on its sales strategy cos im not sure the iPhone 8 will get much needed sales cos it looks like d 7.
Re: N470, 000 Iphone X: Apple Finally Reveals It's Best Ever Smartphone(Photos) by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 13, 2017
Xbee007:

Both of you guys and those that liked your comment don't know the meaning of " brain drain".
Brain drain simply means the migration of educated or talented people from less economically advanced areas to more economically advanced areas, especially to large cities or richer countries.
So how does brain drain relate to the topic? The person you quoted has a slight idea of its meaning because he was referring to the fact that Apple has been copying other phone producers' ideas. But you, you just gbe gbagi grin grin grin
Calm down Bro. So you actually think I don't know the meaning of Brain Drain?
The reason I replied him was the context in which he used term as you can see I put the term in quotes.
In his own understanding and use of the word in that context he simply meant that "Apple lacks innovative workers/creative thinkers" hence he used "brain drained". I only countered his opinion in the context he used the word and his intended opinion.

Who the heck doesn't know the meaning of "brain drain"?

2 Likes

Re: N470, 000 Iphone X: Apple Finally Reveals It's Best Ever Smartphone(Photos) by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 13, 2017
jaxxy:
Obviously Samsung is definitely doing smtn rite cos iPhone x looks similar to the s8.

Samsung and iPhone my best brands in dat order. iPhone needs to work on its sales strategy cos im not sure the iPhone 8 will get much needed sales cos it looks like d 7.

iPhone 8 is an iPhone 7 with wireless charging capability
iPhone 7 is an iPhone 6s with upgraded camera
iPhone 6s is an iPhone 6 with added RAM

In other words, iPhone 6 to 8 aren't too different from one another
Re: N470, 000 Iphone X: Apple Finally Reveals It's Best Ever Smartphone(Photos) by Juliearth(f): 8:38am On Sep 13, 2017
Perge:
Plain rip-off of LG V30, samsung Note 8 and other numerous chinese edgeless knock-offs.

Apple is brain drained since the death of Steve Jobs, no new innovation ever since the launch of iphone 5/5S.
Waiting for Nairaland residential Isheep to come and hype these recycled junk of the last century!

True say!
Re: N470, 000 Iphone X: Apple Finally Reveals It's Best Ever Smartphone(Photos) by UjSizzle(f): 8:42am On Sep 13, 2017
Thanks, but I have my eyes on the new Nokia 8 kiss
Re: N470, 000 Iphone X: Apple Finally Reveals It's Best Ever Smartphone(Photos) by 2shure: 8:46am On Sep 13, 2017
Abegi
Re: N470, 000 Iphone X: Apple Finally Reveals It's Best Ever Smartphone(Photos) by Amuluonyenaego: 8:55am On Sep 13, 2017
Explorers:
Following months of anticipation, Apple has finally unveiled its souped-up 'anniversary' phone, the iPhone X.

The $999 (£999 in the UK) iPhone X features an edge-to-edge display with richer colours, and facial recognition software called Face ID that allows users to unlock the phone without the need for a fingerprint reader or physical home button.

Apple has also revealed the new iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus, alongside an upgrade to the Apple Watch and a higher-definition Apple TV.

Apple has announced the iPhone X, pronounced 'iPhone 10', that comes with no home button.

Users have to swipe up from the bottom to unlock or to go home from an app or to multitask.

It also includes 'Face ID' that allows users to unlock the phone by looking at it.

The device which is is dust and waterproof at a microscopic level will be available in space grey and silver.

It features a glass front and back, with a band around the edge made from surgical grade stainless steel, as well as an edgeless display

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4876714/The-wait-Apple-unveils-flagship-iPhone-X.html

meant for Zahara Buhari dem
Re: N470, 000 Iphone X: Apple Finally Reveals It's Best Ever Smartphone(Photos) by Mobwalter(m): 9:05am On Sep 13, 2017
I sorry for those heavy makeup face slay queens cos face id nor go work for una. :-)
Re: N470, 000 Iphone X: Apple Finally Reveals It's Best Ever Smartphone(Photos) by ogundeleai(m): 9:20am On Sep 13, 2017
What can one say than to respect individuals that believe in goodwill of a company without making analysis, compaism.. With all the features listed above, infinix note 4 Pro with stylish pen will also perform similar.. Ridiculously the price of the latter ranges between 68-70k
Re: N470, 000 Iphone X: Apple Finally Reveals It's Best Ever Smartphone(Photos) by Orpe7(m): 9:25am On Sep 13, 2017
RIP in advance to all the punanis that will be destroyed just to get this
Re: N470, 000 Iphone X: Apple Finally Reveals It's Best Ever Smartphone(Photos) by newslifeop: 9:29am On Sep 13, 2017
Hmm
Re: N470, 000 Iphone X: Apple Finally Reveals It's Best Ever Smartphone(Photos) by akmath: 9:31am On Sep 13, 2017
If I talk say I no like iphone now some idiots will quote me and say I am poor. Galaxy S8 plus rocks. As for xiaomi mi mix 2 and lg v30 make una wait for i dey come.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Is Everyone Selling Their Samsung Galaxy S5 / How To Subscribe And Watch Netflix Movies In Nigeria / Which Application On Your Phone Are You Addicted To?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.